Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YourSia thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

Originally posted by: Gags05

Shreya... You changed your dp for the first time to Agaslie..  🥹🥹🥹

Not the first time... I had Agaslie DP back when Agastya's return seemed possible. But when that hope faded, I changed it. And, now I couldn't resist putting their DP again.

Dvls thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Remix...smiley42

I need to now see the promo of Ankit's show to really gauge ... Whether the replacement is even worth the effort..

This show is remake of "Sandhya Tara"

Which is also a remake of Telugu serial "Devatha". 

Two sisters story. Elder sister works and educates her sis. Yonger sis and ML love each other, but ML mother fixes marriage with elder sister and younger sis sacrifice her love for her sis. 

Actually this plot is like "Tofa" movie. That movie also a remake of Telugu movie "Devata".😂😂

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

I refrained myself from posting anything till this news has sunk in to some extent. I am disappointed - not going to lie, mainly because this was all the creatives ka kiya karaya. 

When Agastya was shown triumphing over Vishwa the trps touched 2.3. The audience loved Agastya - Imlie ka love story. I still don't know why the team had to go with killing off the male lead when the show was consistently getting 2+ trp and was in top 5 shows and had beaten Tarak by at least 0.3 - 0.4 margin. I don't know but I feel Gul has some fetish for telling the story of FL when she is left alone after her love/husband dies. She had this story planned for IPK with Arnav dying and Khushi moving on with the one who caused the death of Arnav. Thank god it did not happen due to Fan Frenzy. 

I feel Gul thought she could do this as Imlie3 was not that popular online and there was not as much buzz as Imlie1 had. I think she also got confident that since she was able to pull off Aryan - Imlie pairing in Season 1 she could do the same here. But it was a vast difference between Aditya/Agastya and Agastya was such a vulnerable character the audience did not like the way the character was killed before he could experience true happiness. 

There were lot of storylines that could have been explored with Agastya - Imlie like Agastya walking out and creating his own identity, Amrit blackmailing the family and Agastya - Imlie fighting him and protecting the family, Dadi finally accepting that she was wrong in judging Kairi, Imlie becoming independent and what not. 3 months main we could have gotten good domestic scenes of Agastya and Imlie in their married life too.

Anyway I feel SP is being stupid in axing Imlie and replacing this new show when PS is just going around circles. Ankit is known more to early evening audience and 7:30PM would have been a perfect slot for him. They could move PS to the early evening slot to wind it up. I don't think the show storyline will be able to get audience back to SP as it is just Imlie rehashed in another way with the ML marrying or falling in love with both sisters. Whatever. 

PSharada thumbnail

Now coming to the pluses of the show 

- This has been one of the most technically brilliant show I have seen in a long time. The long shots or the use of staircase when Agastya or Imlie walks down - simply superb. The use of village people in most of the scenes, the vibrant decorations, The superb use of Chandelier in many of Agastya - Imlie scenes - Chef's kiss really. 

- The angan and the scenes of Agastya or Imlie looking at the other from the window were done really beautiful. 

- And the retro vibes, this show again made me fall in love with the old 60s, 70s ka songs and many times after the episode aired I used to go back and listen to the songs they played in the episode. Many times I used to feel incomplete if there was no song in the episode. 

- The Superb Tu Na Mila Re BGM and the OST - It was one of the most beautiful original songs I have heard in a very long time. 

- There were no 3rd angles in the show. Surya is a new character and it is not a 3rd angle for Imlie as Agastya is dead. Agastya was a one woman man and Surya is the same. Imlie when she finally comes around and moves on with Surya she will bid her goodbye to Agastya and his memories and will genuinely love only Surya. Thank god - I hate MLs when they are fickle and are shown to sway between 2 girls. 

- Sai nailed down Agastya and Surya and the fact that even after 2+ months we are still unable to move on from Agastya tells us that he did make his place in our hearts

I really hope Sai gets another show quick and this won't be a long break. Please come back soon and a part of my heart really hopes that SP changes its decision to axe Imlie in a month and gives Ankit ka show the 7:30PM slot and keeps Imlie on air for a little longer time. Maybe end it when Leena ka new show comes on air. But the chances seem to be negligible. Sigh. 

Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dvls

This show is remake of "Sandhya Tara"

Which is also a remake of Telugu serial "Devatha". 

Two sisters story. Elder sister works and educates her sis. Yonger sis and ML love each other, but ML mother fixes marriage with elder sister and younger sis sacrifice her love for her sis. 

Actually this plot is like "Tofa" movie. That movie also a remake of Telugu movie "Devata".😂😂

Great.. Once again.. 2 sisters and one guy story...

Why am I not surprised...

Can we please move on with these fetishes already... And have good romantic shows.. What's wrong with ITV audience... 🙆

Sunaina7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think the signs were always there that show was doomed after a point and couldn't be salvaged anymore :

Decreased budget- The ph was still putting money till Chaudharys were there I think even after surya introduction. Every member had distinct wardrobe with jewellery. We could notice the grandeur of the house.  The architecture and interiors design of whether the hall ,Agasthya bedroom   ,the hallways were beautifully captured by camera.  The budget reduced when reddys were introduced in the show.  I can't differentiate between the  dressing style of tayi Amma and Nirmala.  Their sarees look so similar.  Malti dressing style always feel like something is missing in her look. Just for namesake usko saree diya hai. Chachi ji ke character ko bas bindi and Gajra alag look deta which I think won't be costing much. The lighting looks dull in reddy house scenes and reddy family ke scenes house ke kisi area mein shoot ho it doesn't feel like the characters are living in an palatial house.  

No music- Gul shows are known for melodious songs and bgm.  So not creating any special track for Surya Imlie and instead using song from another show was another way of showing that they don't want to invest in Surya Imlie story 

Leads styling- we consoled ourselves by saying that Imlie didn’t want to dress up because of her grief and her lackluster styling is indicative of her pain but truth is that ph didn’t wanted to spend money here too.  Shows having trps below 1 have much better styling.  

Reduced shooting time: when trps are around 2 the team used to shoot till 9pm and for high voltage episodes shoot used to extend till midnight.  But from past one month the team gets free by evening.  Clear indication that ph didn’t want to put any efforts in the show. 

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Over dose of pushing the third angle and the ml bending towards the 3rd angle has resulted in both Ghum and yeh rishta dropping in trps. The 3 rd angles were always there but the mls were still treading the line carefully but since the writers got the ml’s to bend more towards the 3rd angle, the trps have taken a hit. 

hopefully sp will take cue and stop the nonsense since 2 of their top 5 shows have gone down. 

Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lonelythots

Over dose of pushing the third angle and the ml bending towards the 3rd angle has resulted in both Ghum and yeh rishta dropping in trps. The 3 rd angles were always there but the mls were still treading the line carefully but since the writers got the ml’s to bend more towards the 3rd angle, the trps have taken a hit. 

hopefully sp will take cue and stop the nonsense since 2 of their top 5 shows have gone down. 

They shall keep on doing rinse and repeat.. and imbibe the worst of the lot amongst each other.. kuch nahi badalne wala.. 🙆

Armaan was a pendulum in the beginning, with a slight growth in between and then after Sheh leaving, with the new actor, they again made him a pendulum...

But for Ghum.. I have absolutely no words.. I saw the clip of Savi proposing to Ishaan.. It was such a nice scene, and then he slapped her, Just like that! Out of the blue... Under the guise of motivating her to complete her education, saying they share a teacher-student bond and nothing else... Wow.. smiley32

Then Why the F### you married her bhai!! 

ITV has lost the plot literally for a coherent and good storyline now.. 

Edited by Gags05 - 15 days ago
PSharada thumbnail

They shall keep on doing rinse and repeat.. and imbibe the worst of the lot amongst each other.. kuch nahi badalne wala.. 🙆

Armaan was a pendulum in the beginning, with a slight growth in between and then after Sheh leaving, with the new actor, they again made him a pendulum...

But for Ghum.. I have absolutely no words.. I saw the clip of Savi proposing to Ishaan.. It was such a nice scene, and then he slapped her, Just like that! Out of the blue... Under the guise of motivating her to complete her education, saying they share a teacher-student bond and nothing else... Wow.. smiley32

Then Why the F### you married her bhai!! 

ITV has lost the plot literally for a coherent and good storyline now.. 

And then Ishaan has the audacity to justify his actions to the third lead saying he was angry. Bhai waise toh you will get justification for every domestic abuse case. I really hope Ghum falls even more with this stupid nonsense they are showing. And the show has gone down to 22 mins of air time. So really hoping next week trps are an eye opener to SP that the audience is genuinely fed up with this nonsense. 

And YRK takes the cake man. Armaan after Abhira was insulted left right and center and Abhira saying she wants to walk out of the house says - Itne din beizzati seh liya toh kuch din aur sahi. I mean what the heck. Is he even realizing what he is saying. He is not feeling disgusted that his wife was being called names in his house and that too in front of the whole family but is telling the wife that she should just stay back for some more time. 

Imlie is so much better than this crap and I honestly am proud of Sai for portraying Agastya and Surya so good.