Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Pitch Report | Samuel Badree and Simon Katich: "We are on pitch number 2, this is the same surface that was used against Mumbai Indians where that initial score of 277 was made. Dimensions - 63m and 66m square, down the ground - a 76m hit. Certainly think that we can see 300 here tonight because the way SRH have been playing, they are going out all guns blazing. When you look at this pitch, it's absolutely rock hard and it's got a little bit of roughness to it, but it looks like a dry creek bed, so it should come onto the bat beautifully. In the match against Mumbai, there were 38 sixes hit, so expect that tonight. These two teams are power-packed." 

Prizi thumbnail

Anand: "SRH needs to do only one thing this game i.e. SMASH!" *Insert Hulk GIF*

Prizi thumbnail

Jim: "Manifesting SRH finally giving Glenn Phillips a spot today. C'mon, Dan. Please?" He's out there having a chat with Travis Head as I type. But I don't think SRH will mess with the team combination. Maybe GP will get a game a little later in the season, when qualification is done (or that's what I'd do to rotate during my Football Manager days, at least).

Prizi thumbnail

Shaun, bringing some chaotic evil into the chat: "Would be very funny when we go to the T20 WC and 120 would be a defendable score after all the slug fest at the IPL!" Expect the games in the USA to be high-scorers, but yes, the Caribbean leg may serve up some juicy tracks for the bowlers!

Prizi thumbnail

One thing is sure SRH gonna bat first irrespective of who's gonna win toss.. One teams target is 300 and another one knows their bowlers can't defend anything

Prizi thumbnail

Dinesh Karthik: (Key to getting prepared for this tournament) Understanding how you deal with setbacks, last year wasn't the best for me. So, trying to understand what the bowlers were doing and then trying to predict what they'd be doing this year and prepare accordingly. (Positives from the 1-run loss against KKR) In the powerplay, we really bowled well, we put their batters under pressure which's a huge plus. At the end of the day, it's about making sure that once you get momentum as a batting unit to keep going through, we lost wickets through the middle phase. That's something we'd look back and say we need to change that. Other than that, I think we batted really well for about 15 overs in the game. So there's a lot of positives to take from the last game. If it's an absolute flat deck, anywhere between 220-230 is what you need to get your mind prepared for. Most teams seem to just keep going in terms of looking to hit boundaries throughout their 20 overs. Before, there used to be a bit of a lull between 7-12 where they used to take their time and then launch later. But I don't think that period exists anymore. I don't think I need to expect anything different from Sunrisers. What we need to do is make sure that we bowl like how we bowled against KKR, to a plan, bowl at areas where they'd find hard to hit shots. If after that, they do play their shots, fair enough, they've had a good day. Not much off the field in terms of strategy or picking a squad/XI, but on the field, if I do have something to say, I'll definitely say it to Faf.

Edited by Prizi - 9 days ago
Prizi thumbnail

Sheernali SG: "Avoid run-fest? Pls change the attires of SRH batters to white." In the BazBall era, and with Travis Head in the team, I don't think even that will stop them!

Prizi thumbnail

Aditya Patil: "Mark My Words! It's going to be an upset today. RCB is going to win this encounter with all the odds are against them. "

🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿

Prizi thumbnail

Sidat: "Normally in India or T20s in general, teams winning the toss want to bowl first so they know what they chasing and with dew playing its part. But SRH have just taken everything out of the equation with the way they have been batting. Now as a captain, you want to be batting first so that you're not the first team SRH scores 300 against!"

smiley37

Prizi thumbnail

Kumar: "Who needs a run fest? We have had enough of that already. Hope SRH has an off day and RCB wins today."

🧿