Firefly_shines thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Posted: 1 months ago

Was genuinely curious about this so thought of sharing my views.

Seeing comments criticising Garvita’s acting and calling it cringe made me realise one thing, that no matter who played Ruhi’s part - a newbie, experienced actor, national award winner or samriddhi, it was bound to get criticised. Yes hypothetically had Samriddhi been playing Ruhi’s character, people would have been extra critical about her acting. Coz it’s not about the actor or her acting skills, it’s about the character Ruhi and the hate associated with it.

I have usually noticed comments overhyping and overrating main leads acting skills while being extra critical and judgemental for the PL. While it may be true most of the time, it’s not always the case.

Imo every actors has their own plus and minus points. While there are some emotions they can easily emote, they require practice for the others.

In this gen, Pratiksha was a newbie with zero acting skills but still managed to look decent in non emotional light hearted scenes with her family. In her comparison Garvita is 100 times better as she has already worked in this industry. Samriddhi is no doubt a very good actress but personally feel she can improve the arguing and shouting scenes as it goes ott and her voice becomes shrill.

In this gen Shehzada improved impressively in few months. On the other hand Rohit is a very good looking actor but appears stiff in some scenes.

edited for gen 3 actor comparisons

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swathi.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: Firefly_shines

Seeing comments criticising Garvita’s acting and calling it cringe made me realise one thing, that no matter who played Ruhi’s part - a newbie, experienced actor, national award winner or samriddhi, it was bound to get criticised. Yes hypothetically had Samriddhi been playing Ruhi’s character, people would have been extra critical about her acting. Coz it’s not about the actor or her acting skills, it’s about the character Ruhi and the hate associated with it.

I have usually noticed comments overhyping and overrating main leads acting skills while being extra critical and judgemental for the PL. While it may be true most of the time, it’s not always the case.

Imo every actors has their own plus and minus points. While there are some emotions they can easily emote, they require practice for the others.

In this gen, Pratiksha was a newbie with zero acting skills but still managed to look decent in non emotional light hearted scenes with her family. In her comparison Garvita is 100 times better as she has already worked in this industry. Samriddhi is no doubt a very good actress but personally feel she can improve the arguing and shouting scenes as it goes ott and her voice becomes shrill.

In this gen Shehzada improved impressively in few months. On the other hand Rohit is a very good looking actor but appears stiff in some scenes.

edited for gen 3 actor mentions

You seem to contradict your own statement..

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 months ago
szsiddiqa thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

In the OG Bengali show, I hear the PL had all the sympathy and love from the audience.  She was dignified and a skilled actor. 

It is the same "character", a different actor.  Here it is .. kya hi bolu.  

Same in ghum 1.0. Audience were frustrated (esp  Bengalis) that instead of invoking sympathy, it was cringe, and second hand embarrassment.

chaipaani thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2023) 1 Thumbnail + 5

Team Birlas

Same thing happened last gen as well. The FL was no way near an exceptional actress. She was decent but would falter in emotional scenes while the PL was terrible in the beginning but went on to improve in leaps and bounds.

Regarding MLs, the last gen had an exceptionally talented actor as ML. I wont comment on the cameo as neither I liked the character nor his acting… In this gen Shehzada improved impressively in few months. On the other hand Rohit is a very good looking actor but appears stiff in some scenes.

I like Garvita better than Pra in terms of acting. 

About Sam i have seen her previous show start to end and she was way better in terms of execution there whilst as Abhira she comes up as OTT. Hence, I would say it's a director issue. Also, while saying this none of the actor this gen is so amazing so superb. Average hain sab. Rohit is stiff mostly. I have no views on Sheh. 

Mehersudha thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Team Birlas

Samriddhi fits the role i am ok with her . Garvita too emotes well. In some scenes it looks vamp vibes. ROPU can't emote properly. But he gives decent vibes giving composed and calm character. 

chaipaani thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2023) 1 Thumbnail + 5

Team Birlas

I don't think any of your statement is contradictory to any of your thoughts. 

Not liking any character is ones personal opinion and i agree acting has been so bad that even the drums cries afterwards. 

P's acting was meme-worthy, I couldn't take her seriously. Her dialogue delivery was the worst. ABHIRA! She always used some daravni modulation. And oh gawd the lenses she used was even more daravni.

And she always LAUGHED during her crying scenes. It was so obvious that she was trying to hide her laughter in between the tears.

Gv, she is just acting. Literally there are no moments that made me think wow, her acting is good. Her acting is equivalent to RoPu's acting. They do not add their own nuances to the tone or expressions. Director says act, they act. That's it.

I am just thankful that I know what expression is on her face. With P ka Ruhi, it was a game of puzzles.

Firefly_shines thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Swathiyaa

You seem to contradict your own statement..

na behen, that line is negligible.. it comes under no comments category only😅🤣… bohat mushkil se khud ko roka, kuch bhi vishesh tipani dene se warna you know war shuru ho jati aur yeh thread hi gayab ho jata… also it’s against forum rules

Same thing happened last gen as well. The FL was no way near an exceptional actress. She was decent but would falter in emotional scenes while the PL was terrible in the beginning but went on to improve in leaps and bounds.

Regarding MLs, the last gen had an exceptionally talented actor as ML. I wont comment on the cameo as neither I liked the character nor his acting… In this gen Shehzada improved impressively in few months. On the other hand Rohit is a very good looking actor but appears stiff in some scenes.

Gravita's acting is better than Prat's acting. She emotes well and good. But she does not have that innocent look Prats have. Prats has her own charm yet she lacks in potraying emotional faculties. She was a newbiew in every sense and she was not given time and space to improve.

Talking about Sam, she is a decent actress like any other actresses. I don't see any exceptional acting from her though. I agree with you on OTT in her arguing and shouting scenes. I guess she will improve it with the time. 

RoPu is a decent actor but somehow he is stiff in some scenes. Honestly to me he also fails in delivering emotional scenes as well. 

Also your statement is nowhere contradictory. You did not mention that your reason to not liking his acting is on the basis of your dislikeness to the character. smiley36

Firefly_shines thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: chaipaani

I like Garvita better than Pra in terms of acting. 

About Sam i have seen her previous show start to end and she was way better in terms of execution there whilst as Abhira she comes up as OTT. Hence, I would say it's a director issue. Also, while saying this none of the actor this gen is so amazing so superb. Average hain sab. Rohit is stiff mostly. I have no views on Sheh. 

completely agree with the director issues point.. never saw the serial but some some clips of Sam’s previous show, it looked nice…even in case of last gen the fl acted brilliantly as a grey character.. pata nahi yeh rishta mein aake sabki acting level kam kyu ho jati hai..