Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

That's sad to hear. Kbc won't be the same without him

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

So it was Season farewell and not forever.  

Public or media turn it  into different story.

Screenshot_20240101_095156_Instagram.jpg

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

So it was Season farewell and not forever.  

Public or media turn it  into different story.

Screenshot_20240101_095156_Instagram.jpg

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Actually, I don't believe that it is a question of being "allowed"...

To me, it doesn't make a difference if Abhishek acts in an OTT movie or a theatre movie...I want him to enjoy acting as long as he gets roles...Ghoomer e.g. is a wonderful movie and personally, I love Abhishek in many roles he played smiley1

Btw, happy New year, RPA  smiley40

I don't know, we've already had two instances where Aish refused roles in Dostana and Happy New Year because of Abhishek. That was when their marriage was still relatively stable and happy so imagine what the situation is like now. His career, as a lead in OTT or supporting in theatrical films, is being prioritized over Aish's career now. I don't think it's a coincidence that Aish could only do Mani Ratnam's two-part epic because it was not a Hindi release and did not have Aish overshadow her husband in Bollywood.

Happy New Year too you as well! smiley40

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Still I would say that it is Aish's choice to not wanting to act in the same movie as her husband anymore...neither being his love interest nor that of another one (and certainly not SRK's one). Ravaan had been their last movie together (it had been a failure contrary to the Tamil version of the same movie).

She still acted in movies after Aaradhya was 3 years old, also as a lead.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Still I would say that it is Aish's choice to not wanting to act in the same movie as her husband anymore...neither being his love interest nor that of another one (and certainly not SRK's one). Ravaan had been their last movie together (it had been a failure contrary to the Tamil version of the same movie).

She still acted in movies after Aaradhya was 3 years old, also as a lead.

But how much of that choice has been pressured? She got a lot of flack from the media and her in-laws after her steamy kiss with Hrithik in Dhoom 2. It's not a coincidence that her future films with him were less overtly sexy and more about pure love. In both Dostana and Happy New Year, she pulled out to give her husband the chance to act, even though he played supporting roles in both films and she would have been the lead heroine. That means in their family, Abhishek's career is not only prioritized over hers, but also his career of playing supporting roles is considered more important than Aish playing lead roles.

Clochette thumbnail

That's what I don't see the same way...the pressurising...she made three movies with Hrithik and at the time of Dhoom 2, they weren't married, yet.

Abhishek and Aish made two very good movies together (Umrao Jaan and Guru) and Sarkar Raj had been a commercial success.

Maybe, after Funney Khan she liked to concentrate on her daughter (wasn't it the time, when Shweta came back to Jalsa?).

I suppose whe don't really know what was going on behind the walls of the Bachchan premises...I would say, it had been a war... the PS movies had been an opportunity to escape a surely very toxic environment especially while working with Vikram again.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

That's what I don't see the same way...the pressurising...she made three movies with Hrithik and at the time of Dhoom 2, they weren't married, yet.

Abhishek and Aish made two very good movies together (Umrao Jaan and Guru) and Sarkar Raj had been a commercial success.

Maybe, after Funney Khan she liked to concentrate on her daughter (wasn't it the time, when Shweta came back to Jalsa?).

I suppose whe don't really know what was going on behind the walls of the Bachchan premises...I would say, it had been a war... the PS movies had been an opportunity to escape a surely very toxic environment especially while working with Vikram again.

She was able to make Dhoom 2 in part because she was not married to Abhishek yet. This is why she could take a role where she's in the same movie as Abhishek but not romantically linked to him. Since her marriage, she's said she will not star in a movie with him if they're not romantically linked (hence why she said no to Happy New Year). And this is why she got away with the kiss with Hrithik but it was still offensive enough to the Bachchans that there was a lot of media controversy and reports that she needed to shy away from future roles like this. She did make Jodhaa Akbar and Guzaarish but those films do not feature any steamy scenes between the two. In Jodhaa Akbar, theirs is a pure romance and anything overtly sexual would have been considered offensive by audiences due to the historic nature of the characters. In Guzaarish, Hrithik's paralysis means that he can only talk dirty but there's nothing more that could happen.

I actually liked Abhishek and Aish in Kuch Naa Kaho which is one of my favorite movies with her but the film was considered a flop I believe. And honestly, I can see another actor like Salman or Saif doing this role. When I rewatched it, I felt Abhishek's acting was too hammy.

Many actresses do stop working after they have a child. Rani's dream was always to be a mother so when she had her daughter, Adira, she did take a sabbatical from acting. She said she had to be forced to return to acting at first but now she wants to regularly work and has rediscovered her love for acting. We don't know what Aish's situation is exactly but she hasn't been given the same opportunities to keep working if that's what she wants. I don't think it's a coincidence that she disappeared from screens around the same time her SIL came back to live as a joint family.

Also keep in mind that after Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, it was reported that Aish wanted very much to reunite onscreen with SRK but was not seeing any script good enough. Which means she does want to work. Jawan was offered to her and she said no because she wouldn't play a cameo role. This further suggests she wants to work but only on substantial scripts. So the question is, is her lack of presence on the screen because she's not getting good scripts or also because of familial problems....I can see both being the reason.

I think her daughter was on set for the PS movies, so I think she feels more comfortable keeping her daughter with her at all times and away from the rest of the family, including Abhishek. PS may also have felt like a safe environment because it's so far removed from Bollywood and the Bachchans have no influence. 

Clochette thumbnail

To be very honest, RPA, imo Aish got a severe depression after Shweta came to live with her parents (in addition to the pandemic-induced life conditions). Before, she had made four movies after Aaradhya being old enough to get into Ambani kindergarden/pre-school, the last movie (Fanney) geeting a lot of bad press.

Then had been the pandemic and after that she got back to movies and other public appearances.

I don't know if there will be need anymore to leave the Bachchan premises as Shweta doesn't live there anymore...let us wait and see.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

To be very honest, RPA, imo Aish got a severe depression after Shweta came to live with her parents (in addition to the pandemic-induced life conditions).

what brought on this depression ?