Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

Sorry ....but I will celebrate my favorite's success.....don't care about the movie......If I get attacked by a delusional bunch......they can be my guest....

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -raVen-

Why though ? Take a fictional film as a work of Fiction. 

Ranvijay is like a Patrick Bateman or Taxi Driver's de Niro for desis.

You reminded me of something. Funny story. I watched American Psycho as a kid. I loved Christian Bale’s role in it so much that my first ID on IF was called Psychobalehead. smiley36

I take movies for what they are. I get that not many people do. So it’s fine to direct outrage at the makers and people who glorify misogyny, toxic masculinity. But it’s not fine to place blame solely on female audience and/or question feminism just because the film triggered you. 

I will still not be watching Animal. I saw the teaser and trailer. It wasn’t gripping enough for me. So it’s a skip for me. 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -raVen-

Why though ? Take a fictional film as a work of Fiction. 

Ranvijay is like a Patrick Bateman or Taxi Driver's de Niro for desis.

Or the most recent Joker

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Sorry ....but I will celebrate my favorite's success.....don't care about the movie......If I get attacked by a delusional bunch......they can be my guest....

BI - Just curious, would you celebrate SRK’s Gutkha advertisements as well because it’s SRK ? 

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

BI - Just curious, would you celebrate SRK’s Gutkha advertisements as well because it’s SRK ? 

I am sorry if you don't get the difference between an ad for a actual product vs a fictional movie.....I don't care about the gutka or the movie....but I do care about the success of my favorites......

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Can we not apologise for saying what we feel like and get bullied into forming an opinion that resonates with “the righteous bunch” ? Thanks 

I’m a girl ….I wore pink and went to the theatre all hyped up for this feminist girl power moment that was Barbie and contributed to the billions that it made

I also saw Animal and did not feel threatened by it and liked ranbirs performance, the directors artistic choices in some scenes, the music and saw it as an intense and extreme character film 

Not apologising for it 

Bye

Edited by pathaka - 5 months ago

I am almost in a mind to dig out the posts of these people sitting on their high horses.....and looking down on others......how they have enjoyed some misogynist and patriarchal movies.....

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: pathaka

Can we not apologise for saying what we feel like and get bullied into forming an opinion that resonates with “the righteous bunch” ? Thanks 

I’m a girl ….I wore pink and went to the theatre all hyped up for this feminist girl power moment that was Barbie and contributed to the billions that it made

I also saw Animal and did not feel threatened by it and liked ranbirs performance, the directors artistic choices in some scenes, the music and saw it as an intense and extreme character film 

Not apologising for it 

Bye

Great post! 

No woman should be shamed or made to apologize for implementing her right to choose whatever form of entertainment she deems fit. Especially not by other women. 

Edited by Supari_khala - 5 months ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What makes Vanga a particularly worse person than most of Bollywood? He is an edge lord and is capitalizing on misogyny. Sure. But Ranbir has worked with multiple directors accused of sexual assault, like Santoshi, Hirani, and Luv Ranjan. His previous biggest hit was him whitewashing a terrorist. And Ranbir is not quite the only one. It will be a very long list if we start listing problematic people in Bollywood, including actual criminals and films that are problematic, whether for glamorizing criminals or being very misogynistic. 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I am almost in a mind to dig out the posts of these people sitting on their high horses.....and looking down on others......how they have enjoyed some misogynist and patriarchal movies.....

Not just movies - don’t you remember their comment on real people such as. Alia’s wedding and her pregnancy.