Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Who said I was trying to entertain you smiley37 there are many nasty nepos to take care of that 

Again, you lack reading comprehension. I’ll be kind and spell it out for you, but this will be my last response to your nonsense, so try to engage your brain to actually comprehend what you are reading this time.

Not once have I advocated for ‘nepo’ kids. I said most of them lack talent and cannot sustain a successful long term career. You are uppity because you didn’t like  my pointing out Muslim actors are targeted by right wing extremists; and because you’re so obsessed with ‘nepos’ that you can’t hack any objective takes. If it’s not all negative you get your knickers in a bunch.

So to clarify: South Asians DO have an issue with dark skin, deny it all you want it’s a fact. Suhana does and will continue to get flack for her dark skin and for not meeting conventional beauty standards. Again, you can throw your toys out of your pram all you want, it is a fact. This does NOT mean I think people should find her attractive because she has dark skin (which is the inane statement you made earlier). It means, I don’t think people should be ragged on for their looks. I don’t think Suhana is a stunner, I said she is a pretty enough girl - like most girls are nowadays - nothing special. I just do not think anyone (star kid or not) deserves to be ridiculed for their looks. Criticise them for using mummy and daddy’s connections, criticise them for their work, criticise them for how they handle interviews - all of that is fair game. Ridiculing anyone for their looks is not.

In my initial post I also said she will receive legitimate criticism  for riding on the coattails of her father at the expense of struggling actors, without connections, who are likely far more talented and qualified for a lead role in such a high profile film.  She will,also receive legitimate criticism for the fact that, thus far, she hasn’t come across particularly well in interviews. I went on to say that I do not understand why she has chosen a career in which she will be put through the griller for all the aforementioned reasons, and that she will likely fail in because it is very rare for a star kid to have genuine acting chops and build a long term successful career. You are just so obsessed with ‘nepos’ that anything less than complete and outright hate towards them riles you up. You are getting wound up by a post that was largely critical of nepotism because it also acknowledged that this particular ‘nepo’ gets ragged on for their looks and could possibly be targeted by right-wing factions like her father has been in the past. You’re pathetic.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I've faith in Gauri and ShahRukh to support their kids in a way that gives them a certain security in themselves...as both believe in hard working for something to achieve and in education, it wouldn't surprise me if they tell Suhana to only speak Hindi in front of cameras if she feels secure to do it...to not crack under pressure is something, both have shown to the kids as living examples.

As much as SRK-fans want that SRK's kids will do well and will be successful in their endeavours, SRK and Gauri would wish it even more...not for them but for their children. Suhana from very young wanted to be an actress later...and Aryan already at the age of 8 knew that he didn't want to be an actor.

Now, Suhana got a launch that is much talked about which is - fortunately imo - not with Karan. So, there already she differs from her friends. She is much talked about. Smiley has a field day here (even field days!) and a lot of speculation flies around. I wish Suhana - dil se - that the outcome of her launch will be positive.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

When does call me bae come out ? 

The Web Series is still in the making.

Vihaan Samat (27 years) is casted opposite Ananya...and allegedly both will also do a movie with Motwane (the cyber thriller "Control").

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

That's true but there are other celebs who do it as well. However, homegirl is just getting started and seems very insecure.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: BlueWaters20

Again, you lack reading comprehension. I’ll be kind and spell it out for you, but this will be my last response to your nonsense, so try to engage your brain to actually comprehend what you are reading this time.

Not once have I advocated for ‘nepo’ kids. I said most of them lack talent and cannot sustain a successful long term career. You are uppity because you didn’t like  my pointing out Muslim actors are targeted by right wing extremists; and because you’re so obsessed with ‘nepos’ that you can’t hack any objective takes. If it’s not all negative you get your knickers in a bunch.

So to clarify: South Asians DO have an issue with dark skin, deny it all you want it’s a fact. Suhana does and will continue to get flack for her dark skin and for not meeting conventional beauty standards. Again, you can throw your toys out of your pram all you want, it is a fact. This does NOT mean I think people should find her attractive because she has dark skin (which is the inane statement you made earlier). It means, I don’t think people should be ragged on for their looks. I don’t think Suhana is a stunner, I said she is a pretty enough girl - like most girls are nowadays - nothing special. I just do not think anyone (star kid or not) deserves to be ridiculed for their looks. Criticise them for using mummy and daddy’s connections, criticise them for their work, criticise them for how they handle interviews - all of that is fair game. Ridiculing anyone for their looks is not.

In my initial post I also said she will receive legitimate criticism  for riding on the coattails of her father at the expense of struggling actors, without connections, who are likely far more talented and qualified for a lead role in such a high profile film.  She will,also receive legitimate criticism for the fact that, thus far, she hasn’t come across particularly well in interviews. I went on to say that I do not understand why she has chosen a career in which she will be put through the griller for all the aforementioned reasons, and that she will likely fail in because it is very rare for a star kid to have genuine acting chops and build a long term successful career. You are just so obsessed with ‘nepos’ that anything less than complete and outright hate towards them riles you up. You are getting wound up by a post that was largely critical of nepotism because it also acknowledged that this particular ‘nepo’ gets ragged on for their looks and could possibly be targeted by right-wing factions like her father has been in the past. You’re pathetic.

I don’t have time to read this, thanks for wasting your own time smiley37 Also, GFY smiley1

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 6 months ago
FireFli thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Shaitan, I have to seriously ask. Are you employed by Suhana?

Nobody, I mean NOBODY, on IF was talking about her. Most were arguing over Ranbir and Vanga and even Aryan. 

Here comes Shaitan, starting a reverse psychology thread so we will start discussing Archies. 

Frankly, this aggressive PR is annoying. I'm at the point I want Archies and Animal to both fail. 

That's the smiley for u. They have their own propaganda to spread. 

smiley37

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: ohophelia

I mean, sure smiley36

Is that some kind of language amnesia because I have friends born and brought up in the States who have come back to India for higher studies who speak perfect Hindi and other regional languages. I don't buy Suhana's story. smiley36

Really? How?? #genuine question 

From what I have seen, kids struggle to understand/speak even their mother tongue unless parents put a very consistent and conscious efforts into it. 

Funtuss thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Has anyone heard her speak in hindi during any of archies promotions??

We can then for sure say she knows hindi.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheJourney

Really? How?? #genuine question 

From what I have seen, kids struggle to understand/speak even their mother tongue unless parents put a very consistent and conscious efforts into it. 

It's not that hard from what I've heard. Kids learn languages faster than adults. They can absolutely learn 3-4 languages if the environment is conducive and parents and the family is conversing in their mother tongue. You don't have to look that far, there's this South Indian singer Sid Sriram who's born and brought up in the States completely, that guy now speaks and sings in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. Adivi Sesh (the guy from Major) was also born and brought up in US, he speaks Telugu better than many natives. You should check out his interviews. 

My friends parents conversed in their mother tongue at home, and they spoke regular American English at school, just like every other family in existence. In my batch alone, there were about 7-8 who had come to India after completing High School or some completing Middle School. It's really not that hard. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: ohophelia

It's not that hard from what I've heard. Kids learn languages faster than adults. They can absolutely learn 3-4 languages if the environment is conducive and parents and the family is conversing in their mother tongue. You don't have to look that far, there's this South Indian singer Sid Sriram who's born and brought up in the States completely, that guy now speaks and sings in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. Adivi Sesh (the guy from Major) was also born and brought up in US, he speaks Telugu better than many natives. You should check out his interviews. 

My friends parents conversed in their mother tongue at home, and they spoke regular American English at school, just like every other family in existence. In my batch alone, there were about 7-8 who had come to India after completing High School or some completing Middle School. It's really not that hard. 

I am not sure what is so shocking about this. All of my cousins are born outside of India and we all speak very fluent Hindi.

So I personally think this whole "hehehe I am SRK"s daughter, biggest bollywood star's kid and I don't know Hindi, despite being born and growing up in India and having a thick Indian English accent" sounds someone is trying to be something they are not. I remember years ago when Janvhi was young she was speaking at a press conference and Sridevi was like "omg no no dont speak in Hindi your Hindi is so bad". You can tell she was purposely trying to speak Hindi badly just to portray a certain "hi fi" image.

Guess what? I hate them in all languages....so how about that?