Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akkub.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Nice update

Poor Geet again suffered due to Maan. loss of money and family trust both, now what she will do 

Update soon

taahir004 thumbnail

Part 5

Shocking and yet Fabulous Update 

Maan truly understands Geet but even he cannot openly help her 

as maybe Geet can deny his help 

but surely people will use her to get to him.

while there is Geet's father and brother who cannot wait to get rid off her

from the business

now I'm just hoping that Maan himself suggest her some career path 

that will be beneficial to her 

abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

All because of Maan she is in this situation and Maan is least care of what he did this is not acceptable.

Continue soon 

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Loved it dear Neelu

Awesome update 😃 but an emotional one

I really felt sad to see that Geet had to handle this mess on her own thou her family supported her but not up to the expectations

Her entire hard work & management went down the drain after her feeling away from the party & she didn't even received her payment 😔

So finally Geet has decided to move out of her house because of hearing talks of her family

Waiting for more

Thanks for the PM ☺️

Keep writing ✍️

KingAli thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Good update 👍 👌 👏 

aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

poor geet paid for maan's deed to pull her in dance 

geet's father n brother block her which is hurting her badly

hope geet dint run in any danger as she is leaving her home 

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thank you for the award!

Part 5

Distressing update… greatly written   

so Maan is definitely intrigued by Geet

sad that Geet's acting career did not take off

upset that the organisers of the party refused to pay Geet as she left

Geet's anger was reasonable

she naturally blames Maan for this

her reputation has certainly being ruined

at least Maan was aware of her troubles

well he can help her outright

his reasons were justified

hope he will be able to somehow help her

Geet is certainly under pressure

dismayed that her dad and bro have lost confidence in her

they failed to see how much she did for the business 

glad that she heard her dad and bro's convo

hate their thinking and attitude 

what did her bro mean that Geet did not know her face?

Geet fears were understandable

good that she left home

where will she go?

hope she gets an opportunity soon

update soon

NilzStorywriter thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

smiley10Star Commenter Awardssmiley10

We are again starting our Star commenter Awards with this story. As i say, your comments are my fuel. More the comments utni hi jaldi energy I get to post the next update.

Congratulations to the following winners!

Early Bird Award- Akku

Star Commenter Winner- Taahir

Special Mention-  abinash079

While we are at it, let's guess how the story will progress in the next parts and any song that comes to your mind about the story. Let’s have some fun!!!

Part 6

She hurried up packing her things... no matter where she has to go. She has to go. Anywhere. Somewhere.

She can crash at her struggling fellow actress friend's place for a few days.. get her bearing and come up with a new plan.

+++

Geet goes to her friend’s place, thinks hard every day what to do... even suffers from stress pimples... 

Starts a vlog on how to deal with stress pimples and actually gets a good response unexpectedly... 

She tries her hand a few more auditions and the result are still depressing... 

People tend to prefer people with contacts, and she has none.

But what can she do? Cook all day long? 

Her thoughts and ideas went round and round in her head... not sure what to do.

Geet thought that to keep herself occupied plus get some income she signed a small contract with vlog streaming platform and kept streaming random things daily... sometime skin care sometimes hair care... sometimes about fitness regimes... good food bad food... reactions to other videos... sunset sunrise...Any random thing... at least once a day.

After all she has to return the money, she owed to her family.

Then one day, out of the blue she receives an invite to audition for a reality show.

Geet is very skeptical and didn't really like the general trend and content of most of the popular reality shows of her country. 

It really wasn't good to be a female participant in these shows, to become a judge is still ok... 

But she isn't a known figure... so the invite can't be for a judge’s role.

She ponders over it for half a min and then accepts it.

So what?... money comes first... once she gains some fame, then she can pick and choose ... after all she is a beggar who can't be a chooser

About the show she got an invite to. The audition was for a host role.

**About the show:

It's bit of a mix between lifestyle shows, Roadies tasks, travelling, mukbang, etc and it may also have celebrities as guests... not reality show or entertainment industry celebrities but famous people known for good quality work from all walks of life.

The show's producers and directors wanted to do something different from the usual drama and scripted reality show trope.

And their first priority is to get the right host. Taking things a step further, instead of blindly publicising the show later, why not turn choosing host into a mini reality show too?! Let people vote and choose the host for the main series. It is a perfect precursor to the main show which will be filmed later.

Plus, they had a big investor who was able to connect them to good locations and approved of these plans... Today many people want to publicize their hotels/resorts/tours... and show's crew wants to shoot at beautiful locations... it was a happy co-operation.

All the chosen contestants(auditionees for the host role) are taken to a midsize luxury cruise ship.

There were total 15 people selected. The show wanted a fresh face, so that show doesn't look scripted later on.

The crew looked for people on social media and actively held initial round of walk-in interviews for short list these people.

Geet got the surprise invite due to the low-key popularity of her vlogs.

The show's plan was to stay on the cruise for a month and at the end of each episode a person will be eliminated. They planned to release an episode every alternate day.

The content of each episode would be:

1) every person will have to perform the same task set by the production team

2) every contestant will have to create 5 mins of content (it can be anywhere on the cruise doing anything they want and edit it the way they want)

3) bloopers and behind the scenes ... candid extras would be aired for a total of 15 mins... This segment's content was decided by the production team on whatever they felt was engaging from daily lives of the contestants.

There would be cameras all over the cruise to help capture the content of this part.

The first segment will essentially test the overall capability talent and knowledge of the contestants. Whatever they would need to in the future episodes as a host. A part of it will be tested now.

The 2nd segment was to judge the contestant’s creativity and ability to hold attention... as the future wasn't going to be very scripted... it was important for host to be able to come up with their own content 

And 3rd was purely to push some people ahead of others... give some people more footage than others... even if someone flopped in first segment but the show has good impression then there was chance that they can be redeemed by the crew’s mercy.

Geet was super happy after finding out about this. She can win this. This was right up her alley.

The only problem is... things aren't as black and white as they are promised to be.

As the audition show series started, and she was always somewhere in the mid rankings... although her performance was good in 1st and 2nd segments... 

She never got any footage in 3rd segment. That was due to crew playing favorites among  contestants for favors or underhanded deals.

After all no reality show was truly real.

+++

Maan has also come to the shooting location cruise ship as he is one of the major investors for the show. 

Geet accidentally finds Maan one day, slovenly lounging in one of the areas without cameras. Sipping a drink with an umbrella straw, enjoying the sea breeze,  eyes hidden behind large goggles.

Geet immediately went into high alert mode.

G-Why are you here?

M-Why can't I be here? This is the private deck without cameras.

G-Why are you on this cruise ship?!

Maan smirks at her without replying clearly implying that he is here solely to mess with her.

G-Are there no more dance victims left on dry land that you have taken to the seas?

M-There are plenty left on the land... but I was in mood for some seafood pasta.

He says smugly

Geet clenched her fists tightly mentally reminded herself not to push him overboard.

G-I am warning you. You better leave me alone.

M-Hmm... isn't it you who came looking for me just now?

Geet clamped her mouth shut and stomped away in fury. She really can't handle the responsibility of drowning a man.

+++++++

Eventually Geet found out that Maan is a major investor for the series. 

Initially she just thought it's best to avoid him... better not aggravate him... or push him off the deck... isse panga nahi Lena chahiye...

She was trying to follow strategy - if she is out of his sight, she will be out of his mind... no harm no foul.

Wo mehnat se shooting par concentrate karegi and kisi bhi faltu ke jhamele mein padne ko avoid karegi.

But alas... the world is not perfect and sometimes... gaddhe ko baap banana padta hai

The show had reached midway point... Before when she was in the middle of the pack, it was ok. But now, when behind the scenes production staff secretly kept messing with contestant’s ratings and votes, Geet was in danger of elimination on any day.

Only those contestants who had some pull/connects or acted too shamelessly in front of camera were left.

Geet thought long and hard about it, then decisively went into the kitchen and got permission to cook... She said that for the personal segment she wants to film live cooking video and the crew agreed to it.

She cooks Seafood pasta.

After shooting the cooking segment, the crew people left to edit video for the episode and Geet takes the freshly prepared pasta ... To The  pasta “connoisseur”.

She knows where Maan hangs out and luckily found him on the deck where they had words previously.

G-Ahemm...

Ignored like the wind.

G- Ahemm…Ahemm...

Still ignored.

G- ah-... h..hello Mr Khurana

M-Hmm?

Geet walks up to him... trying to get him to see the pasta she made but he is reading newspaper fully spread open. 

He is lounging on a deck chair ... big shades covering his eyes... dressed a casual linen suit...

Dripping luxury...

Geet observes him with a hint of sneer...he is still asking to split the room bill, as if he lacks that few thousands of money... a#@@/#+

Geet took a deep breath to calm her mind and focus on what was important- Getting this guy's help. 

However impossible this was, it's the only way... Instead of trying to flirt with the show's director or producer (with whom dozens of other contestants also flirted with and still got eliminated) this man was her best bet... 

G- Wo... that ... umm the other day... you mentioned you wanted to eat seafood pasta.

M-Hmm did I? I don't remember. 

G- Of course you did!! When I asked you why you-.... well, you did. I remember it clearly for both of us.

M- So what of it ... (still hiding half his body behind newspaper)

G- That... i... I made some for you.

M-Oh... thanks... you didn't have to

G-But I wanted to!!

M-Why?

G- Cos... cos... ah... why don't you have taste first and tell me how it is?

M-You can leave it here... I'll have it in some time...

G-But it will be cold, and it won't be tasty then!!(and she has favor to ask...how can she do that if she leaves!!!!!)

Geet feels that Maan is deliberately being obtuse... teasing her on purpose...

Maan slightly lowers a corner of paper and looks at her finally.

M-I really am busy... will have it later, ok?

Edited by NilzStorywriter - 5 months ago
Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Very interesting update dear Neelu

Just loved it 🤗

Well I am really curious that what Geet is going to do now ... Things are not on her favour 😞 finally she decided to move out & start afresh

Finally her work paid off & she is called for the audition of reality show & she worked hard to get the best out of it

To her bad luck Maan was one of the important investor lagta hai dono ke Star aapas main crash karte hai 😅 but finally Maan tried to talk to her & Geet moved away in annoyance

Then she comes to know about the reason of Maan being here so she decides to take favour from him in this matter but Maan seems busy teasing her now

Waiting for more

Thanks for the PM ☺️

Keep writing ✍️

maangeet.gmmg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Haha looking interesting wonderful update