Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

That's not what she said...but your sarcasm is understandable.

I said let the media make up these stories and try to create problems. Since when does media report what is actually being said?

I know its not what she said, she is trying to be oversmart. Whoever gets coverage, she only stands to benefit from it, whether it is nepos or non-nepos. Everyone knows media wont not cover Suhana or Agastya.

Edited by Daebak - 6 months ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Yeah, she surely should admit this kind of launching...but that doesn't make her criticism wrong.

She's gaslighting. She hired nepo kids to be the main characters and is blaming the media and audience for not paying attention to the non nepos who are side characters. 

Who paid more attention to Arjun Mathur in Luck By Chance? 

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

No guts to admit that she wanted to launch her bff Shweta's son with the best role of the story and max limelight ??? 

Why not say its my money and I will launch and promote whoever I want to. Scared much??? smiley36

WORD! 

Verdant and Mihir might end up becoming the standouts 

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

No guts to admit that she wanted to launch her bff Shweta's son with the best role of the story and max limelight ??? 

Why not say its my money and I will launch and promote whoever I want to. Scared much??? smiley36

She pretends to be holier than thou always 

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It's true that these star kids get popular and then roles due to media and even due to fans of their parents. People barely give any attention or start appreciating the outsiders despite saying we don't support nepotism. People get what and whom they talk about whether in a positive or negative way.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

She's gaslighting. She hired nepo kids to be the main characters and is blaming the media and audience for not paying attention to the non nepos who are side characters. 

Who paid more attention to Arjun Mathur in Luck By Chance? 

not "more" attention, but attention...and SRK even made a point about that...

The Archies clearly has an ensemble cast where each will play a distinctive role (like in Farah's HNY each of the six could shine in the respective role).

Maybe Zoya is gaslighting but that doesn't take away that she is right. In India (and in many other countries, too) Media have become a manipulation tool and really independent, good and balanced journalism isn't supported. There had been a time where there had been a distinction between "Yellow Press" and the more serious press.

Now, it's up to the consumer to decide about the own focus independent of what is published in media.

Personally, I've decided to not join the Suhana-Kushi-Agastya chorus but to wait for the film being curious about all the "Archies".

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Zoya sounds extremely triggered here.  I wonder what happened?  Is her project not getting any positive feedback?  Or is she as director and producer not getting the desired feedback?  

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

If this forum is reflecting what goes on in social media about the movie, you would have a possible answer what worries her...

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Maybe Zoya is gaslighting but that doesn't take away that she is right. In India (and in many other countries, too) Media have become a manipulation tool and really independent, good and balanced journalism isn't supported. There had been a time where there had been a distinction between "Yellow Press" and the more serious press.

Media acts in nexus with the film industry. It has never been independent, it's even more evident with PR of each stars paying the media houses to prop their stars. Zoya is trying to deflect the criticism for making a launchpad for nepos by saying it's the media's fault. It's obviously not. Even if you were to go by comics or Riverdale for that matter, Archie Veronica and Betty are obviously the central characters. Jughead and vo are secondary characters. These star kids already have PR teams to prop them up, in addition various interviews and appearances on mag covers and endorsements. The trailer didn't even show Aditi, Mihir and Yuvraj properly. Just because she chose new kids for complete side roles doesn't mean she's done something remarkable. That's all the movies in BW. 

She should just own up to the fact that she indeed made this movie to launch star kids solely. I don't think she ever had a great vision to remake Archies with Indian sensibilities, atleast the trailer doesn't indicate anything of the sort. The reason hence she's releasing it on OTT. It's stupid to deflect criticism when she knows she's being nailed truthfully.