Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: coderlady

It took guts for both of them. But they have finally arrived.

A lot of guts, it was! Worth it in the end.

On a different note, I loved your series of comments. It felt like a live commentary! 😃

Edited by mayyo - 8 months ago
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soapoperasrfun

Hi Mari.. sorry I missed commenting on the earlier update.. 

Two incredible updates.. the emotional journey that the both of them have been through these last few days have been unimaginable. But what stands out for me if the fact that they are still as innocent as they were all those years ago . Just wanting to save their hearts from getting hurt. 

What Geet did all those years ago wasn't wrong. Maan got hurt in the process, but it is just how she felt then, and she had to be honest about it. I was a.bit concerned after the earlier update that Maan's instantaneous reaction was almost one of revenge for what he had been through, but I am very glad that wasn't the case. It was his own heart that he was trying to protect. 

I am even more convinced now that there is no other girl. Aanya and aunty played this game with the both of them to get them to confess, I am almost sure of it now. I almost think the next update will start with the bell ringing again and then walking in to tease these two.. hahahha.

Superb updates. 

Love

Priti

Hi Priti! No need to apologise at all! You do show up here and leave your valuable thoughts about the story and that is more than enough for me!

@Bold: Exactly! When the hearts are pure, their owners will do whatever is in their power to protect them from getting hurt. I believe such is the case with these two.

@Underlined: In that moment, when the sane part of his mind shut off, it probably was revenge mode. But again, that isn't who he is and so he came when the initial anger wore off.

@Red: I'm going to stay mum on this. Lol!

Thank you so much for being here! It means a lot to me!

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: pocha

I hope you are doing better 
So damn happy to see that you updated the story 

Brilliant writing and fabulous display of pov of both characters

Thanks a ton for the update 

Always looking forward to your updates 

Take care 

Thank you so much for coming here and leaving your feedback! It is much apprecated.

It is a pleasure knowing you enjoy the story and its characters!

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi.kesari

Finally!!!!!!!!!! It will never be easy to make heart understand what is happening when you pine for someone for so many years 

Definitely! The heart pays no heed when it has thirsted for someone for so long...

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: jeyanthi123

Lovely update 

Loved it 

Geet s feeling horrible and crying all heart out .. she has taken leave and not meeting with anyone .. 

She s very much devasted state ..

Maan s at doorstep and ringing the bell ..

Geet s shocked to see Maan at her doorstep and she faking a mask ... 

Maan has come to talk but geet s not giving into him , even Maan s adamant to speak .. 

After lot of struggle , geet let Maan in ..

Finally Maan has let down his guard and spoken his heart and both are cherishing their togetherness .. 

Waiting 

Thank you! I'm glad to know you loved it!

ArhamRizwan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Eagerly waiting for next update 

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dalur1

Chapter 59- Finally the much awaited moment arrives. While it is late but atleast glad that Geet has finally realised and mustered up the courage to bare her heart. it must certainly not not be easy for her but going through the fear of rejection and confessing is a must instead of keeping it in and regretting whole life and thinking about what if's. 

Exactly why she went ahead, even if it scared her!

The scene about how without darkness we can't appreciate day light and how after every end there is a new beginning was insightful. 

The way Geet couldn't keep still and kept pacing back and forth was too cute and I'm sure Maan must have been nervous as well just that he did a good job hiding it. 

When she confessed the love and told that how the do or die situations made her realise her feelings for him, the scene felt so realistic and heart touching. It is indeed when we know there is a chance of loosing something which we have been complacent about, only then the fear grips us and forces is to face our feelings and accept the want. 

Yes, we often takes people and things for granted and believe they'll be around forever. Only when such a situation arises, we realise we need to let the other person know how much they mean to us before it is too late.

Maan's frustration and him repeating the same dialogues which he once had to hear from her was understandable. 

It was heartbreaking to see Geet this way, she wants to best for him and doesn't want to hurt any other women but yet she can't let God of him. What a tight situation. But she if going through the same pain Maan went through years back and in a way it's good that she is experiencing it too but I do hope these too let go of everything else and get together even if it would take time to soothen things between then and the situation. 

Ahh! It is indeed the storm before the clear skies for Geet, as you already know by now.

I just love this story, one of my favourites. 

This is a pleasure foe me to know! Thank you for sticking around and leaving your valuable feedback!

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dalur1

I was so anxious to read chapter 60 and it was truly magical and so heart touching. 

Thank you!

Every dialogue, the emotions, their pain made my eyes well up. What an amazing story this has been. I'm so glad and very thankful to you dear writer for such entertainment. 

I'm humbled by your words! Thank you so much!

It was painful to see Geet experiencing heartbreak and shutting out people from her life and mopping in her apartment in the pretense of being out of town for work. 

The way you depicted her helplessness and then Maan coming banging on the door after she didn't answer her door bell, I did not expect it to be Maan. 

Your dialogue and geets feeling how her love made her loose control over heart, mind, emotions, actions, feelings and senses was bang on and somewhat funny too that so much change love brings. 

Geet telling Maan that she will not cause any hindrance in his married life and will eave the city, felt comical too coz without hearing him she was planning ahead. But it must have been so hurtful for her to think it and plan for such a harsh future. 

Definitely! She'd already taken a huge plunge and bared her heart to him, only for it to be broken. She was now going to to everything in her power to protect her heart from any further hurt.

Maan saying that he cannot afford to lose her again was super cute. 😍

The way he bared his heart out and spoke about his love for those 3 years, the heartbreak, darkness and moving on with bitterness in his heart made me Damn emotional. His sufferings was too much. 

I'm glad that he kept his ego aside and came to her to clear out things and set things right. 

We can either hold on to our ego, or to the one we love. Both of these things cannot coexist and so Maan has realised it!

When he said that she always mattered to him it felt so sweet. 

And what a confession it has been. This jodi is the best. 

After all the hardships these two faced, I'm so glad that they will finally be together. 

This chapter and the entire story will play on loop in my mind and I'm super happy with how everything went in this story. 

Thank you once again dear writer for transporting me to another world 😍

Thank you so much for being here and for leaving such detailed and insightful comments. It means a lot more to me than I can express!

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: maansi25

And finally...

The update we were waiting for...

Beautifully written 

As you have mentioned earlier their hearts are wired so how Maan can behave as he didn't care

He had to come to her and he did...

Loved the heart to heart talk between them...

The way Maan bared his heart in front of her is mesmerizing, amazing and wonderfully written...

He poured out the agony of a decade without any hesitation and Geet just felt miserable and on the top of the world at the same time listening each and every heartbreaking reality he lived in the past...

She might not have thought that she had and has that special place in his heart ❤️ as he was the Don Juan according to her..

And his answer only placated her which she was wanting...

Still there is so much unsaid and we are hungry to know it..

Can't wait for the next one...

Please update soon 

Thank you so much!

You're right. There is a lot which hasn't been said yet and which needs to come out in the open. Hopefully it will come out it due Time!

mayyo thumbnail

61. Like Sunshine After Rain

His warm hand cupped my cheek, his eyes full of emotion as they gazed into my confused ones.

“I...I...” I stammered, unsure of how to respond. “I don’t know what to say.”

He chuckled lightly. “Well, there are a few things you could say. For one, saying ‘I love you’ back to me would make me the happiest man in the world.”

He smiled, uninhibited and it took my breath away, a small smile playing at my own lips. His gaze slipped at my smile, touching the corner of my lips with his thumb.

“You have no idea how many times I have dreamt or imagined this moment.” His whisper warmed me. “And now when it is coming true, I’m going to do my hardest to never let it end.”

At his words, my smile faded and I slowly but firmly removed his hand from my cheek. My action caused a multitude of emotions to flash across his face. First came shock, followed by confusion, next was hurt but his face fixated on understanding as he let his hands rest in his lap and looked down.

I had an urge to hold his face between my hands and lift it. His lowered head was pinching me but I controlled myself from doing anything and calmly waited.

“I know I have hurt you a lot and I can’t undo what I’ve done.” His voice was thick with emotion.

When he raised his eyes again, there was unmistakable sincerity in them, persuading me to trust him. “But it is a promise from me that you will never ever be hurt because of me again. I would rather die before I cause any harm to you.”

“I don’t want you to die for me.” I whispered.

He waited patiently for me to speak further as I carefully worded my scrambled thoughts. “I... I have already told you what I have in my heart for you. I still stand by my words that I...” feeling overwhelmed, I lowered my eyes and struggled to continue, “I... I love you...” When I looked back up, a small smile was set on his lips, his eyes gleaming as he gazed at me. “But you and I cannot become ‘us’ now.”

His brows furrowed. “Why not?”

I took a deep breath. “I could never do this to the woman you have to chosen as your life partner.” I swallowed, looking down. “She hasn’t wronged either of us to deserve being deserted.”

His hands extended and held both of mine in a gentle grip, prompting me to look up at him. “This is one of the reasons I love you. You have the purest of hearts.” He smiled in such a loving manner that it tingled my senses. “You’re worried about hurting someone you don’t even know, and willing to give up your own chance at happiness for her.” His smiled faded, seriousness crept up on his face. “But Geet, I am not as selfless. I can not and I will not let you go this time. No matter what it takes.”

The firm conviction he spoke with had me asking, “What will you do?”

“I’m going to break off this engagement.” He spoke determinedly. “I can’t continue with this relationship any more.”

“But Maan -" I started but was immediately cut off by a gentle tightening of his hands around mine.

“Think of it this way,” he said. “It's unfair to her to be married to someone who couldn’t give her the love and care she deserves because he’s in love with someone else.”

I thought about it. “When you put it that way... it sounds right.”

He chuckled a bit at the thoughtfulness clearly evident on my face. “And that’s why, I’m not letting you get away from me this time.” Holding my gaze with his enchanting one, he slowly raised my hand to his face as I watched wide-eyed. Still maintaining an even eye contact, he brought my hand to his lips and planted a slow, ardent kiss, sending butterflies crazily fluttering in my stomach. My cheeks flushed under his intense gaze.

Quickly pulling my hand away from his grasp, I folded it in my lap, discreetly rubbing the spot he had kissed at to cool down the burning sensation. These feelings were alien to me and I wasn’t too sure how to deal with them just yet.

“Geet...” Maan's calm voice reached me but I didn’t dare to raise my eyes to look at him. “Geet...” He called again and when I didn’t respond, his long, sleek fingers lightly tipped my chin up, forcing me to meet his gaze. “I know you must have quite a few questions. Don’t keep them to yourself.” His hand reached over and tucked a few loose strands behind my ears before resting on my cheeks. “I'm here to answer any questions, to eliminate any doubts you have.”

I bit my lip, thinking how to get my point across to him. Watching me deliberate, he reassured me, “Geet, you don’t ever have to worry whether you can share something with me or whether you can ask anything from me or not. I promise that till my last breath, even if I don’t agree with you, you will never hear a scornful word from me. Your thoughts are far more important to me than you can imagine and I’d loathe myself if you ever shut me out again.”

His words, his expression was overwhelming and it left me unable to speak but I was deeply touched by his speech. I lifted my hand and placed it on top of his, where it was still holding my cheek. Closing my eyes, I leaned my face into his hand, revelling in the moment, feeling the warmth of his hand and the love emanating from him. This was all too good to be true. It was all starting to feel like a dream.

“I don’t ever want to wake up from this beautiful dream.” My whisper was barely audible, yet he heard it. The musical sound of his small chuckle made me open my eyes.

“I know what you mean.” His low voice was smooth like velvet. “And this is our reality, my love.”

Hearing him call me my love made me blush.

To my utter embarrassment, my stomach chose the exact moment to growl loudly, making my face even redder as Maan let a wide grin grace his face.

“Maybe you’ll believe me when you have eaten something.” If it was possible, I blushed even harder while meekly protesting needing to eat anything. As a matter of fact, I could not remember the last meal I had taken and if I were to be honest, my body hadn’t even alerted me of hunger for the past few days in such a pronounced manner as this.

I wanted to hide somewhere but he didn’t even flinch as he lithely rose to his feet, pulling me off the floor along with him.

“Why don’t you sit right here while I fetch something for you to eat.” He practically pushed me on to the couch and trotted off into my open kitchen without giving any heed to my protests.

I watched as he rummaged through the fridge. “Seems like you haven’t been grocery shopping in a while.”

“Yeah, I haven’t been myself for the past few days.” I off-handedly replied to his comment, making him look at me, with his lips pressed together as he nodded in understanding.

Finding a sandwich spread and some bread, he made a sandwich with such agility that it seemed like he was used to working in the kitchen. It was hard to digest, knowing he had a team of people at his beck and call to do stuff for him, yet here he was, fixing a sandwich for me without any problem.

“You didn’t have to do this.” I said as he brought the plate and pushed it into my hands. 

“Of course I did!” He sat down beside me on the couch. “Now eat!” He almost ordered, making me quickly take a small bite.

“You seemed quite adept in the kitchen as compared to the rich brat you are.” My comment earned me a throaty laugh.

“I’m not nearly as much a brat as you believe me to be.” I nodded, swallowing another bite. Contrary to what I had thought, I was enjoying my sandwich so I thanked him sincerely for making it for me. He gave me a warm smile, relaxing against the back of the couch as he stretched his legs in front of me. He seemed tired himself and then it struck me that I hadn’t even courteously offered him food.

“Do you want to eat some?” I held my sandwich forward. He opened his eyes and looked at me, his orbs dark as he wordlessly reached for my hand, brought it closer to his mouth and bit off a chunk from where I was eating. His action flabbergasted me as I quickly retrieved my hand.

“Can I ask you something?” I started, wanting to diffuse the way I was feeling.

“Sure.”

“How did you... um... how did you change your mind?”

His brows knitted together. “In what terms?”

“In terms of, you know, coming here...”

“I’ve already told you.” He said calmly.

“No, what I mean is,” I thought of how to formulate what was in my mind, “what made you decide it was better to follow me – the runaway – than stick with the girl you are about to be tied with?” He pursed his lips, perhaps thinking of his own answer, when I added in a small voice, “I’m sure you chose an amazing girl who must be smart, intelligent and beautiful.”

I looked down, not wanting him to take hint of the jealousy I was feeling. If he had selected a life partner, he must feel something for her.

“Hey,” his whisper was much closer to my face than the position he had been lying in, which startled me because I hadn’t noticed him straighten up. “You don’t have to stress over that.” He lightly held my face between his hands as he spoke, his eyes conveying his sincerity. “You are the only woman I have ever chosen as a life partner for myself.” Before his words could confuse me, I saw a shift in his eyes, like there was some mischief. “And a dozen others.”

My mouth opened up in shock and he laughed. “Jokes aside, it’s only you.”

As elated as I felt on his words, it didn’t make sense. “But how can you say that? You chose her!”

“I didn’t.”

I frowned. “You didn’t?”

“No.”

“Then who did?” I asked.

“Mom did.” He said quietly.

I couldn’t conceal my surprise at this new information. “It was arranged?” He nodded. With this knowledge came another understanding which made me happy. “So you don’t have any feelings for her?” He shook his head, a hint of a smile touching the corner of his lips. “Oh!” I bit my lip to conceal my own smile but he caught on.

“I like the relief on your face.” He rubbed a thumb across my cheek, his breath fanning my face. Naturally, I blushed but I was feeling lighter after knowing I was his one and only choice. The smile I had been trying to hide leaked through and I smiled like I hadn’t done so in so many days.

Now that the stressful part was almost past me, I felt relaxed and the curious cat in me wanted to know more about Maan's situation.

“So tell me,” I started as I leaned against the couch comfortably and he followed suit. “How did a young, eligible and fine looking man like yourself agree for an arranged marriage?”

“Well...” he said as a matter of fact. “I think mom lost all hope in me finding anyone for myself since I was technically still hung over a certain someone. She’d been quite worried for me after our trip.” His tone became a bit serious. “She was already unwell and the stress was affecting her health so when she put her foot down and said she was going to find me a life partner herself, I wasn’t going to say no. She’d been very patient with me and if me marrying someone gave her some peace, I’d do it without giving a second thought.”

I nodded. I knew all too well how aunty had been unwell and how she had been emotional about Maan becoming a loner for life. Despite the fact that he was telling me how he didn’t think twice before obeying his mother, I couldn’t help but feel manifolds of respect for the guy sitting across me. His bond with his mother was something I always adored and he had proven yet again how much he loved her. “You’re an amazing son.” I lauded him and he smiled. “Isn’t your mum going to be upset if you tell her you won’t continue with this engagement?”

“Maybe.” He shrugged. “But I’m sure she’ll be happier to know that I finally got my heart's deepest desire.” His fingers intertwined with mine as he gazed at me with love.

“Does anyone know you’re here?” I asked.

“No, I didn’t know if you were going to kick me out and banish me or not.” He joked. “And the first person I wanted to open my heart to was the one who resided in it.”

I smiled. “Now what?”

“I will figure out how to go about telling mom about us.”

His phone rang then and after glancing at the caller ID, he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“What’s wrong?” I was concerned.

“I forgot I had an important meeting today.”

“And why is this so upsetting?” I asked.

He sighed and shook his head. “I wasn’t hoping on this time to end so soon.”

His reply warmed my heart as I smiled. “But it isn’t going to end. We won’t let it end now.”

His eyes twinkled as he smiled at my words. “I have to go now but I’ll come back as soon as I can.” He got up from the couch and walked to the door as I followed him. Turning to me, he looked at my face for a few long moments. “Will you wait for me?” I nodded.

Gracing me with a breath-taking smile, he leaned in and pressed his warm lips against my forehead. I closed my eyes, relishing the moment. He pulled away much too soon and walked out the door as I stood there, my senses tingling with happiness at the turn of events.