Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

yours is ready after Liz's segment ya Mera ayega uske baad fit hoga? 

Kuch bhi chalega.  How do I know what you'll write anyway🤣

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Kuch bhi chalega.  How do I know what you'll write anyway🤣

you said yous is ready?

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

you said yous is ready?

Nvm, you want to post or should I?

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Nvm, you want to post or should I?

you do it. I will take after you. But busy rn

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Segment #16

Chahat was bored out of her mind, the cab driver was a very talkative person. Usually, she would drown him out as she did with Aryan and his blabbering during their drives to college, but the driver wanted her opinion on which movie was better, Bajirao Mastaani or Padmavat, and she was so close to jumping out of the car. To add to her annoyance, the second passenger of the shared cab seemed to take his own sweet time.

"Chahat, we need to talk."

Chahat ignored the message from Aryan. She was very pissed at him. He was supposed to be her best buddy, but he had set her up to walk down a path of rejection and heartbreak. He had broken her trust and had not trusted her to be strong enough to atleast accept the truth.

Nick got into the shared cab and looked up to see Chahat looking at him. He smiled meekly, though he was surprised and happy to share a cab with her. Then, he realized that except for writing, they had no means to talk and the thought disheartened him.

"Sir, do you like Padmavat better or Bajirao Mastani?" The driver asked and Chahat sighed in relief. Maybe this latecomer can deal with him, but the guy just shrugged and signed that he couldn't speak. The driver looked at him through the rearview mirror in confusion.

"He can't speak..." Chahat translated. Nick looked at her in surprise.

Do you understand ASL?

I have a deaf cousin.

"What is he saying?" The driver asked, feeling left out of the conversation. Nick looked at her, hoping she'd be honest. The fact that they could communicate made him so happy, it was like the universe was giving him signs.

"He is saying nothing can beat Jodha Akbar's beauty." She answered and looked at Nick. They laughed.

"Are you two friends? Your drop location is the SP Business School"

"Oh no, we are meeting for the first time."

Hopefully not last. 

She raised her eyebrow.

You are one of the very few people who can understand me, that's rare.

She smiled, not sure what to say.

Nick was surprised. He wasn't usually this direct. He could actually hide his feelings a little better than others, and yet, understand others' emotions better, but it seemed like he didn't have much control right now over his own thoughts. Maybe it was a good thing.

I am Chahat Johari. TY.

Nick D'silva. MBA.

You are my senior!

We were in the photography club when I was in TY, that is, last year.

Chahat looked at him in surprise. She just couldn't place him.

I don't remember you, I am so sorry.

That's ok. I am usually not the kind people forget, but I guess you are different.

Or maybe forgetful.

Let's just say, a little bit of both.

Chahat smiled. The man was actually funny. The car drive to college was a little more comfortable than before.

_______

Miss T, you are next😌

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 11 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

What a cute update, Shibz 😳

Chahat and Nick talk without words. Aryan still has to pacify Chahat.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

you do it. I will take after you. But busy rn

I thought Neha was writing after Shibz?

I’ll wait for Neha. If she doesn’t post then I’ll post the next one.

P.S. Okay, nvm, I saw the updated queque 😆 I’ll post by morning.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 11 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

I'll do on Monday :) kal ek event hai. 

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Segment #17

Nick nodded at Chahat and walked towards his building  Chahat smiled back and walked towards a different building where her classes were held. Halfway through the corridor, she found Aryan standing outside a classroom and waving at her. Chahat ignored him and kept walking.

Aryan, who was desperate to mend their friendship, hurried to catch up with her.

“Chahat, please! At least let me explain. I didn’t want to hurt your feelings,” he said.

“Well, you did exactly that. Aryan, I can't believe you hid it from me!“ Chahat's voice was filled with anger and hurt. Other students nearby perked up at Chahat’s words and Aryan took her aside to talk to her in private.

"Chahat, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to lose our friendship. It’s not everyday that you learn that your best friend had a crush on you and then you realize that at present, we crush on the same guy. I was scared that one of our hearts would break.”

Chahat looked at Aryan as if he was the stupidest man on this planet. Days ago, when Aryan was outed at the cafeteria, Chahat accepted him, stood up for him, she supported him throughout the whole time. How could he think he would lose her friendship?

"Lose me?” she said, “Aryan, you should have known better. I would never judge you or abandon you. All I wanted was for you to trust me. But you… I am really disappointed in you.”

"Chahat, I'm sorry. I messed up. I want us to go back to how things were,” Aryan pleaded. Chahat was the only person, except his dad, that he considered his family. They literally grew up together.

Chahat looked at Aryan. She could see he was truly sorry.

“Aryan, I understand your point of view. But I need time. This hurts, and I can't just forget about it.”

She turned away and then stopped, “If Saheel likes you back, give him a chance. He is a nice guy… Don’t be like a daily soap heroine and sacrifice your love for me.”

Aryan stood there, thinking, how lucky he was to have a best friend like Chahat.

Nick did not have many friends in college. Most people talked to him just to borrow his notes. He was a good listener — he didn’t have the option to speak, so he listened — and his notes were always up to date. 

After his classes or in between the breaks, he often went to the music room to play the grand piano kept over there. He had learned to play the piano when he was a kid. This was the only way he could ‘talk’ to the world.

He never stopped playing the piano. In fact, he kept getting better at it, and his piano playing skills became one of the reasons behind his admission in a good college like SP Business school for his MBA.

Today Nick was not only lost in the music notes, he was also lost in her thoughts. Chahat. When she left the dance floor in tears the other day, he became sad too. He thought the songs he chose for her upset her. But today, he not only got to share a ride with her, she even laughed at his jokes.

How he wished she would sit in front of her and he would 'talk' to her playing piano for hours.

Nick was drowned in his thoughts, playing, when there a movement just outside the door.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 11 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

That's a great update, miss T. Chahat seems livid with Aryan, wonder how he'll calm her down