Indian Idol 13

Performance Discussion 11 & 12 March, 2023

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

RD Burman Special & Jaya Prada - Reena Roy Special.

Discuss here... 

Screenshot_2023_0309_172255.jpg

Screenshot_2023_0309_172240.jpg

Edited by altgr - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Couldn't watch..exam season..how was the epi

altgr thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Couldn't watch..exam season..how was the epi

It was a really good episode. Everyone sang nicely. I liked Rishi and Sonakshi the most. 

IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Just finished the RD Burman episode and I really liked most of it.

First half: Chirag did good. Senjuti is my least favorite remaining singer but she did good too. Bidipta and Rishi meshed well but both are capable of better. They were the best part of the show at the time of their performance. Shivam did as good as you can do with a song as difficult as his was. Debo was great, especially her second song. 

Second half: Sonakshi was phenomenal. This episode was her chance to fully remind everyone how great she can be and she succeeded. Rishi did very well, better than his duet with Bidipta. Bidipta's solo performance was pretty good but she's had better weeks. It feels like she peaked weeks ago. Rishi and Yohani meshed better one one performance than all of Rishi and Bidipta's combos. Tony Kakkar was wonderful to listen to on mute. Amarjeet was really good and I am happy for him.  

8/10 episode. There have been better episodes but there was a lot to like. Tony and Yohani's pesence was unneeded but inoffensive. Sonakshi was performer of the day with Debo being 2nd. 

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

RD special

Chirag - very mediocre.  Kuch na kaho got salvaged due to the chorus.  He looked so down & out, maybe an inkling of an elimination? 

Senjuthi - Good esp kya janoo sajan.

Shivam - Very good rendition of both the songs.

Debo - Enjoyed the second one more.   

Sona :- a beautiful rendition of Mera kuch saaman.  Awesome. 👌.  One of her best & the season’s too. MBD well-deserved.👍

Rishi :-very good. Out of the arijit mode, he did justice to the songs. 👍 

Bidipta :- just okay. Heard better versions of these.

Asides….

* Rishi -Bidipta duet was just average. 

* Panchamda’s tracks with Manoj’s words plus decent performances, made it an enjoyable episode. 

* And yes, Tony ‘gracing the show’ 🙄 late, was another saving grace. 😁. Plus the fact that he mostly just graced, without much crooning - count your  blessings, count them one by one….🤣

* Yohani’s construction site jump suit in fluorescent gave me a headache. But RD’s pull was greater & I stayed on. 😁💕.

* So we get not just the next contestant of Idol, but also looks like he is gonna be the favourite, about to go on a signing spree already. Looking forward to hear more from amarjeet. 👍

Sparkler of the day - Sonakshi.👍

And finally…

Tony & Yohani have redefined music - at least for me. 😩🤣. The lady is the poor man’s neha kakkar.  Now is that a compliment ?? Go figure… 🤪. 

Edited by anoushka_113 - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: IbuHatela

Just finished the RD Burman episode and I really liked most of it.

First half: Chirag did good. Senjuti is my least favorite remaining singer but she did good too. Bidipta and Rishi meshed well but both are capable of better. They were the best part of the show at the time of their performance. Shivam did as good as you can do with a song as difficult as his was. Debo was great, especially her second song. 

Second half: Sonakshi was phenomenal. This episode was her chance to fully remind everyone how great she can be and she succeeded. Rishi did very well, better than his duet with Bidipta. Bidipta's solo performance was pretty good but she's had better weeks. It feels like she peaked weeks ago. Rishi and Yohani meshed better one one performance than all of Rishi and Bidipta's combos. Tony Kakkar was wonderful to listen to on mute. Amarjeet was really good and I am happy for him.  

8/10 episode. There have been better episodes but there was a lot to like. Tony and Yohani's pesence was unneeded but inoffensive. Sonakshi was performer of the day with Debo being 2nd. 

reg bold :- epic! 👍🤣🤣🤣

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Managed to watch of R.D.Burman special but missed Chirag”s performance.

Rishi - I thought overdose of his performances in this episode.   Don’t know why they just didn’t him the trophy so that we are spared from his and bidipta drama.   He sings in same rhythm space.  No experiments.    My opinion 

Senjuti - 1st song 👍🏼 2nd song 👎🏼

Shivam - was good.  Out of all 3 male contestants, only Shivam tries all sorts of songs.  Good for him. Shows versatility in him.

Sonakshi - star of the day.

Deboshmita - good

Bidipta - average 

Tony was tolerable.  Not impressed with Yohani.  Her voice?? How old is she? Sounded as if she could have been in junior idol. 😆 Her dress sense!!! My brother said has she just returned from space 🤣

That viral singer, he was brilliant.   Glad the 2 judges will give him songs to sing.   

Manoj Ji - brilliant as expected 

I’m finding Rishi over confident.  He really thinks he is the winner.  Hope the end result will be different 

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms.SK

Shivam - was good.  Out of all 3 male contestants, only Shivam tries all sorts of songs.  Good for him. Shows versatility in him.

Sonakshi - star of the day.

Deboshmita - good

Bidipta - average 

I’m finding Rishi over confident.  He really thinks he is the winner.  Hope the end result will be different 

Agree esp reg shivam & Rishi. 

Rishi has this attitude of ‘ the trophy is already mine’.  🙄.  Last season , though PD along with Arunita were the front-runners, they never had this cocky attitude. PD was & is always humble.  
Will be glad if Sonakshi wins. She has been rocking these last few episodes. 👍

altgr thumbnail

No elimination today. I was expecting this as the finale is on 2nd April and there are 2 weeks in between.