Posted: 1 years ago

So I watched Cirkus today....and I loved it..❤️..I  loved Dilwale too...😆

But the similarities between the 2 movies were astounding........First of all the cute little town....out of a fairy tale....the green tea gardens.....the cute roads......

The almost same supporting star cast....damn even their styles were almost same...like the way Sanjay Misra spoke...😆...

The small time comical gang of villains...villains kam...comedians jyada...just like DW had..😆

How Rohit Shetty paid more attention to the supporting cast.....they were funny though..just like in Dilwale...

Loved the comedy....it was OTT in some places like in DW....

Now why DW made 150 + crores while it had competition with another overhyped movie...BM....and had shitty reviews like Cirkus had.......why it didn't burn to ashes like Cirkus did.....despite Cirkus had an open run....it was the stardom of SRK⭐️....SRK made a bad movie of Shetty a semi-hit unlike Ranveer whose stardom couldn't save Cirkus from crashing and burning and turning into a disaster...

I am not mocking Veeru at all because I didn't give him credit for BM's success....I don't blame him for Cirkus debacle...

Well SRK/DW were mocked like no tomorrow......but a same kind of movie with much higher ticket prices ...a bigger release (DW had to share screens)....at the same Christmas time....same celebrated director....turned into disaster😆...

The difference is Circus came post pandemic and audiences have become ruthless these days .a bad product gets rejected from the trailer itself

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

So I watched Cirkus today....and I loved it..❤️..I  loved Dilwale too...😆

But the similarities between the 2 movies were astounding........First of all the cute little town....out of a fairy tale....the green tea gardens.....the cute roads......

The almost same supporting star cast....damn even their styles were almost same...like the way Sanjay Misra spoke...😆...

The small time comical gang of villains...villains kam...comedians jyada...just like DW had..😆

How Rohit Shetty paid more attention to the supporting cast.....they were funny though..just like in Dilwale...

Loved the comedy....it was OTT in some places like in DW....

Now why DW made 150 + crores while it had competition with another overhyped movie...BM....and had shitty reviews like Cirkus had.......why it didn't burn to ashes like Cirkus did.....despite Cirkus had an open run....it was the stardom of SRK⭐️....SRK made a bad movie of Shetty a semi-hit unlike Ranveer whose stardom couldn't save Cirkus from crashing and burning and turning into a disaster...

I am not mocking Veeru at all because I didn't give him credit for BM's success....I don't blame him for Cirkus debacle...

Well SRK/DW were mocked like no tomorrow......but a same kind of movie with much higher ticket prices ...a bigger release (DW had to share screens)....at the same Christmas time....same celebrated director....turned into disaster😆...

But but but SRK must retire so our Baba can rightfully take over BW!!!

😭

Originally posted by Elvis12

The difference is Circus came post pandemic and audiences have become ruthless these days .a bad product gets rejected from the trailer itself

exactly, audience has become much more picky. No Srk, salman or Amir can make a movie hit now just by their presence. 

Cirkus didn't have good promotion, plus it looked bad from trailers. Audience had rejected it even before it released.

Originally posted by Outlander22

exactly, audience has become much more picky. No Srk, salman or Amir can make a movie hit now just by their presence. 

Cirkus didn't have good promotion, plus it looked bad from trailers. Audience had rejected it even before it released.

Pathaan wasn't Great film and still it worked big time. 

Originally posted by forza

Pathaan wasn't Great film and still it worked big time. 

visuals and music attracted the audience, circus looked shit from promos. 
Of course Srk has star power and fan following, but I am saying is even he or any other khan can't just ride in their star power any longer. They have to deliver at least 60%

Edited by Outlander22 - 1 years ago

Wow what a way to discredit Kajol, legendary pairing of Shahrukh-Kajol and Varun Dhawan (who was much loved at that time)! 

It was the PAIRING of Kajol + SRK (they have a great fan base) and Varun playing SRK's brother (Varun was very much liked by the young audience!) that gave Dilwale a special boost. In addition, Shetty and SRK (with Deepika) had delivered a blockbuster with CE. But even with all this, the negative propaganda/WOM etc. could influence the domestic boxoffice. Dilwale was a hit overseas but not - with the over-hyped BM - in India.

Now look at Circus...Okay, Shetty with Ranveer had success with Simmba (BEFORE Covid)...but looking at Ranveer's lacking success with 83 and JJ and the situation AFTER Covid, this movie (and how it was made) had all the stakes against it for watching it for many bucks in a theatre.

I forgot the story of Dilwale just after leaving the theater but the songs were good. Cirkus was a waste of time with no good songs too 😆

Originally posted by MercurialMedusa

Wow what a way to discredit Kajol, legendary pairing of Shahrukh-Kajol and Varun Dhawan (who was much loved at that time)! 

Yes sure....show me where Kajol was trolled mercilessly like SRK was and I am ready to give the credit to her too....For a Khan movie the credit and blame belong only to the Khans.......otherwise blame jaata hai Shahrukh ko...Varun also hid behind SRK.....no one cared that Varun was also there.... credit ke liye sab line laga kar khade ho jaate hain...😳....when Dilwale didn't perform......it became only SRK's movie...everyone else was forgotten....God forbid if Pathan had flopped ...no one would have cared about Deepu or John......but credit de doh prasad ki tarah sabko....even with a blockbuster....people trolled SRK that he bought tickets...he did this....he did that......did anyone troll Deepu or John that they bought the tickets themselves.....no one....toh Bhaiya...one way traffic thodi na hai.....ki sirf blame doge ...credit nahi...