Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: 9staroneserials

Really beautiful analysis there. And you are absolutely right, in reality when people have individual pasts, triggers and are unhealed from hurt since childhood, such clashes can take any form. If both parent child sides do not come at a mid-road, or even if they come with more anguish, it can be horrible. And yes, while bad qualities are there in everyone, being egoistic and all. That doesn't negate all the other real emotions felt by anyone. I am quite surprised how this show is so rooted in reality, at one point I had thought ITV producers had become incapable of relating to real life. 😆 Well now that they have started, I would say the sooner the better.

thanks; my experience with ITV is that it can be great for a number of episodes and then it goes downhill as they start to do endless filler episodes where nothing happens and people are arguing over the dumbest of things. or going around in circles where the man cannot decide which sister he wants to hook up with. 😂 basically it becomes unintended comedy and sometimes an utter bore. since folks have commented that sony has been doing finite shows lately, fingers crossed, this drama will not fall into those traps and instead have well-written and well-acted arcs from start to finish. 

trending GIFs | Good luck gif, Funny gif, Cool gifs

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Edited - wrong thread

Edited by columbia - 1 years ago
Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

We have two complicated families here. Gs and Rs. I will take both of them as highly dysfunctional families

Gs: we have PapaG, MamaG, YuvrajG, ReetG, AdityaG, KathaG and junior Gs.

PapaG was the provider, who took all of his family under him and he was the final word. MamaG and YuviG might had difference of opinions anytime in their life, but they always listened and agreed to PapaG. So no conflict on the face of their relation

Katha gets into Aditya's life and he decided to get married to her. He defied PapaG to the extent that he left G house. For whatever reasons, Katha was not accepted and Aditya leaving the house made her true villain in PapaG's imagination. Here PapaG is being selfish, as he wants Adi with him for his happiness. He is not bothered that Adi is happy with Katha. Aarav is born, and in PapaG's views, Aarav is another reason that makes Adi's family complete without PapaG and Co. So one more small villain added to his list

Aditya is gone, and now only two villains exists in that small family (as per PapaG). PapaG never had any open discussion to resolve conflict with Aditya

I would say that the way PapaG behaved with Katha on her request to help is the outburst of pent up emotions and vulnerabilities that has been brewing inside him. PapaG never vented out his emotions after Adi left home for Katha and then his death. He was the rock shielding MamaG from her break down. Thats why MamaG is more calm. She could vent out her emotions at right time

Once things settled down, Aarav is safe and he found that Katha is open to his interactions with Aarav, he is reliving his dream of his life with Aditya. He is seeing Aditya in Aarav. And he knows he has to accept Katha. But he will always be in the outer circle of her life. In my opinion, he has made peace with that deal, to have Aarav (indirectly Adi) in his inner circle, he accepted Katha in his outer circle. And this happens in most of the Indian families

PapaG is a complete outsider for Katha, she behaves very formally with him and keeps the dignified distance. But she has taken in MamaG in her inner circle. I am sure she has not forgiven him, but she has accepted the fact that Aarav needs a male family member and grandfather is the best one she can provide (through grandpa, he gets Adi's presence in his life)

SO this is basically FORGET and MOVE ON from both the sides. And I don't think their relation will improve to a close knit family level

Rs: We have VirajR,MamaR, ViaanR

What I understood till now is MamaR is a typical indian housewife and mother, who forgot to work on her marital life after the child was born. And it happens in majority of Indian houses. In some cases marriage takes a hit, the ship breaks, and sinks. Some people try to bend and mend for the sake of child and family and try to sail the broken ship

In most cases the blame of broken marriage comes to the lady, whereas MamaR was from a rich strata of society that she went on painting the other woman in bad light for taking away PapaR from their life. And the result is the traumatic childhood of Viaan, developed into an adult Viaan with highly judgemental attitude towards the whole women gender

I must agree that MamaR must have worked hard to maintain EarthCon and personal growth of Viaan. Other than his judgements regarding women and ONS, I see Viaan as a normal guy, who behaves decent but is workaholic, has no personal life. Before taking retirement and Viaan taking over Earthcon, MamaR must have put in her efforts

We can see parallels in MamaR and PapaG case also. Both have un resolved conflicts in their life, with very close and loved member of family. Both of their lives shattered with one event. They were left with trauma

They could not resolve their conflicts because the other person died (Adi and PapaR)

Both of them pushed their trauma under the rug, blamed a third person for their life changing events (Katha by PapaG and the other woman by MamaR). They were never ready to address their own roles for their trauma. Yet both their trauma and conflicts are un resolved. Both are living with their traumas

There is a lot of potential to resolve their conflicts in the show, I don't know if the makers will take it up

Sorry for the long rant. I have another rant in pipeline for Viaan, Katha and ONS for all of you to get tortured on that topic

mango.falooda thumbnail

great points letha 👍🏼 -- the paralells between the R house and G house: conflicts with ghosts of the past with no proper resolution. with viaan, he has issues as an adult as well as a child with his father. since it is supressed, it comes out like a monster in different ways. till those issues are really addressed, any relationship he has will be damaged. so before we see him express even a twinge of romantic vibe with katha, it would be great to see him start healing and understanding what happened in his past as an adult. only then, any romantic vibe with katha will be good. 

Shalzie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Woman, you don't know what a rant is!🤣

Lovely analysis on the dysfunctional families. It never occurred to me that MamaR might have run Earthcon. This is an interesting angle.

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shalzie

Woman, you don't know what a rant is!🤣

Lovely analysis on the dysfunctional families. It never occurred to me that MamaR might have run Earthcon. This is an interesting angle.

same; I didn't think of that either. I was under the impression that jeetu bhai or papa contractor may have run the company. do we know when ehsaan and his family got involved with earthcon? we also don't know when ehsaan lost his dad and under what circumstances.... 

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Wait… did they show Earthcon as a family business owned by Raghuvanshis? Then Ehsan wouldn’t say it is half his. Also I dont think nightie mama has done a day’s work in the office. She is too much “to the manor born” .

I thought Earthcon was a company established in the last 10 years or so by Viaan & Ehsan after both qualified as architects. It has a very new age company vibe snd all employees except Jeetubhai are young.

Viaan’s dad may have had another flourishing business & the family may hv been v rich. It is even possible that Jeetubhai worked under Snr Raghuvanshi & joined Viaan in EC as a trusted family retainer. 

Snr Contractor may have been his business partner or only family friend or both.

mango.falooda thumbnail

I wrote an essay but some just do it a short tweet. 😂

https://twitter.com/AajKiRadha/status/1620452813766811648?s=20&t=7LVU4z8FM2lNLQ2ldXFCyA 

mango.falooda thumbnail

https://twitter.com/Diyaa8888/status/1620668780199432193?s=20&t=7LVU4z8FM2lNLQ2ldXFCyA

looks like I am not the only one impressed with papaG arcs 🤣

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The actor playing PapaG is doing a fantastic job