MasterChef India 7

Naziya’s return

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

While I understand family first, you shouldn’t just be allowed to walk in and out of a competition. It is unfair to the others. She’s been away for two weeks, 3 contestants have been eliminated, had she been in the kitchen, it could’ve been her.

If they had to give her another chance, maybe she could’ve come back with all eliminated contestants for a wild card round and the best cook of that day gets back on the show. Or atleast the week she comes back, she should directly be in the black apron challenge. 
This was like a stroll in the park for Naziya. I don’t think this has ever been allowed before.

What are your thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Raina101

While I understand family first, you shouldn’t just be allowed to walk in and out of a competition. It is unfair to the others. She’s been away for two weeks, 3 contestants have been eliminated, had she been in the kitchen, it could’ve been her.

If they had to give her another chance, maybe she could’ve come back with all eliminated contestants for a wild card round and the best cook of that day gets back on the show. Or atleast the week she comes back, she should directly be in the black apron challenge. 
This was like a stroll in the park for Naziya. I don’t think this has ever been allowed before.

What are your thoughts?

I don’t about cooking show but same kind of thing happened from kids dance show. The kid had a serious injury so couldn’t perform and doctor had told to rest but just like MasterChef judges the judges over their told that kid that she can come anytime and she actually return I think almost three months later the only difference was there weren’t any elimination due to covid and kids were getting injured or sick every week an not performing. Momma knows who I am talking about and correct me momma about the months of her return. Just like you we weren’t happy with that kid return we also thought she could have come as wildcard that time. Although eliminations were not happening but it wasn’t fair to other kids who were dancing from long time. So similar thing happend with Nazia I remember that kid and thought that they are gonna do same thing again.

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 3

Totally agree with you. Yes her daughter needed her but it's a competition where you have to complete with other contestants .she said na her husband is supportive and also there must be some other family members like dada dadi Nana Nani who can take care of her daughter.  I really felt it was unfair to those eliminated contestants.

It's not just a competition it's a journey from homecooks to MasterChef.

She should think first about pros and cons of being in a reality show. She also lost some valuable times where she could learn so many things from judges or challenges.

Anyways I don't think she can go very far in this competition because she seems not confident much.

Lets see  what happens next.

Another thing I find it a bit weird not to taste the dishes just seeing the presentation. They should at least taste them and guide them what's wrong they are going come on they are professional chefs .

It's must be disheartening to the contestants it's like giving exams but not knowing the numbers or results 😁

Edited by mushat - 1 years ago
Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: mushat

Totally agree with you. Yes her daughter needed her but it's a competition where you have to complete with other contestants .she said na her husband is supportive and also there must be some other family members like dada dadi Nana Nani who can take care of her daughter. It's just a matter of 3 months. I really felt it was unfair to those eliminated contestants.

It's not just a competition it's a journey from homecooks to MasterChef.

She should think first about pros and cons of being in a reality show. She also lost some valuable times where she could learn so many things from judges or challenges.

Anyways I don't think she can go very far in this competition because she seems not confident much.

Lets see  what happens next.

Another thing I find it a bit weird not to taste the dishes just seeing the presentation. They should at least taste them and guide them what's wrong they are going come on they are professional chefs .

It's must be disheartening to the contestants it's like giving exams but not knowing the numbers or results 😁

I really don't care about this show as much but her daughter is a nonverbal, autistic.That means that a disabled child cannot express herself to her caretakers. The ableism here is really appalling. You can debate whether her return is fair, unfair whatever. But to dismiss her child's needs as "It's just a matter of 3 months" is just apathetic.

If her nonverbal child— who got sick— feels more comfortable with her mother rather than her father or dadi, nani, then that's priority number one. Whether it's a matter of 5 minutes or 3 months

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Deltablues

I really don't care about this show as much but her daughter is a nonverbal, autistic.That means that a disabled child cannot express herself to her caretakers. The ableism here is really appalling. You can debate whether her return is fair, unfair whatever. But to dismiss her child's needs as "It's just a matter of 3 months" is just apathetic.

If her nonverbal child— who got sick— feels more comfortable with her mother rather than her father or dadi, nani, then that's priority number one. Whether it's a matter of 5 minutes or 3 months

Hey sorry for my words

I m just saying it's unfair to other contestants.

Of course her daughter needed her but there are other contestants too who left their children at home it's unfair to them 

I m a mother too I also left my job during pandamic just for my baby's safety and I don't regret it.

It is also a big platform for her to show her talent and maybe after this competition she gets good job and give her daughter a bright future.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

That's what I was also thinking as well. A better option would've been wild card entry to the least but entering midway of competition after 2 weeks was bit bizarre to be fair. 

Also, her dish wasn't appealing to be honest,  because her dish is more commonly eaten & observed. 

Edited by KabutarHoled20 - 1 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

That's what I was also thinking as well. A better option would've been wild card entry to the least but entering midway of competition after 2 weeks was bit bizarre to be fair. 

Also, her dish wasn't appealing to be honest,  because her dish is more commonly eaten & observed. 

Even in the week that she was here, I don’t remember her making something unique. She makes regular food with some presentation

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: mushat

Hey sorry for my words

I m just saying it's unfair to other contestants.

Of course her daughter needed her but there are other contestants too who left their children at home it's unfair to them 

I m a mother too I also left my job during pandamic just for my baby's safety and I don't regret it.

It is also a big platform for her to show her talent and maybe after this competition she gets good job and give her daughter a bright future.

Again, the difference between the other children and Naziya's daughter is she's nonverbal. That is not hard to understand.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Off topic: 

But is Naziya supposed to be one of the better cooks on the show? 

I just started watching (legit had no idea there was a new season until came across TKSS episode), and everything I see Naziya doing is coming across as very basic to me.

Raina101 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Off topic: 

But is Naziya supposed to be one of the better cooks on the show? 

I just started watching (legit had no idea there was a new season until came across TKSS episode), and everything I see Naziya doing is coming across as very basic to me.

Yes, exactly! Not seen her cook anything different or complicated.