Shatrughan Sinha - Poonam & Shaadi Special

Posted: 1 years ago

They are really not getting it are they?  The phrase "Read the room" is totally alien to them.  The primary factor for so many flops, I feel, is that the audience tastes have moved on and the industry is still churning out the same tripe that worked earlier.  Avoiding interviews and media discussions will not help if the film is a dud.  After the initial weekend which will pull in advance bookings, the public reviews and word of mouth publicity will decide the fate of the movie.  I think the audience has already moved away from trusting the industry's own reviewers and critics.

There are arguments about the nature of content, community images being created, subliminal messaging, and so on... but those have many complex facets and we have seen in recent times that even movies where such issues did not exist flopped.

Originally posted by PV_IFhandle

They are really not getting it are they?  The phrase "Read the room" is totally alien to them.  The primary factor for so many flops, I feel, is that the audience tastes have moved on and the industry is still churning out the same tripe that worked earlier.  Avoiding interviews and media discussions will not help if the film is a dud.  After the initial weekend which will pull in advance bookings, the public reviews and word of mouth publicity will decide the fate of the movie.  I think the audience has already moved away from trusting the industry's own reviewers and critics.

There are arguments about the nature of content, community images being created, subliminal messaging, and so on... but those have many complex facets and we have seen in recent times that even movies where such issues did not exist flopped.

Audience has moved away..true.

Apart from that SRK has moved away from media coz of the coverage during Aryan case which is understandable. 

The film will have its own fate..jo bhi ho.

OT: what is Shaadi special?

FK says Top 6 of Idol 12 Minus SMP. plus Ashish will be coming in Idol 13

FK says Top 6 of Idol 12 Minus SMP. plus Ashish will be coming in Idol 13

Great..when? Arudeep r in Kashmir ya? Sayli, Nihal r also traveling 

Originally posted by Kyahikahoon

Great..when? Arudeep r in Kashmir ya? Sayli, Nihal r also traveling 

She said they are flying back from Kashmir on 17th late / early 18th the shoot is on the 18th.

She said they are flying back from Kashmir on 17th late / early 18th the shoot is on the 18th.

Interesting. If they are shooting tomorrow then it should for this weekend only. Let's see.