Boundaries - Vidhi and Dev Fan Fiction

Anupreeya thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

After Vidhi accepts her own feelings about Dev, she is constantly searching for a hint of an inkling of feeling from Dev's side.

After the shadi cancel scene -

"Sir itna gussa kyun ho gaye. Yaani Sir bhi nahin chahte ki meri shadi ho. Yaani Sir ke dil mein bhi kuch hai mere liye.........."

After the palat scene -

"Sir palte, yaani ittu si hi sahi, par jagah toh hai meri unke dil mein.........."

After the coffee date -

"Kya kya badbada gayi main Sir ke saamne........ Har baat mein "bilkul aapki tarah" kehne ki kya zaroorat thhi......... Pagli film hun main bilkul....... Kya soch rahe honge Sir mere baare mein........."

Meanwhile Dev realises that Vidhi is developing feelings towards him and starts to distance himself from her without alarming her. 

It's evening and everyone but Vidhi has left the office. Dev walks by Vidhi's desk as she opens up the bottle of water to drink. And lo and behold, Vidhi accidentally spills water on Dev. Dev looks at Vidhi as he searches for his handkerchief, but couldn't find it. Vidhi, in a moment of hurriedness, takes out Dev's handercheif from her purse and offers him. Initially Dev uses it to wipe the water off his coat, but suddenly sees his initials on the handkerchief and realises it's his. By this time, Vidhi has realised her blunder and closed her eyes out of fear and embarrassment. Dev looks at Vidhi, about to ask her but then decides against it. He goes away when Vidhi had her eyes closed.

Vidhi opens her eyes and sees Dev gone. She thinks - 

"Hey Maa Milapini, yeh kaisa raita fail gaya mujhse........ Sir ko unhika rumaal nikaal ke de diya........ Kya soch rahe honge Sir........ 

Par unhone kuch kaha bhi toh nahin........ Shayad main kuch zyada hi soch rahi hun........  Kya pata Sir ne dhyan hi nahin diya ho.......... Haan ho sakta hai.......

Aise kaise dhyaan nahin diya hoga........ Sir ki nazron se kuch chhupa thodi na rehta hai........ Unhone apna rumaal toh pehchaan hi liya hoga.......... 

Phir kuch kaha kyun nahin........ Puchha tak nahin ki unka rumal mere paas kaise aaya........ Iska matlab kya Sir ko pata hai mere dil mein kya hai? Kya unke dil mein bhi mere liye kuch hoga?"

Then out of desparation and pain, she confronts Dev when he asks her about not saying yes for marriage -

"Aap jaante hain mere dil mein kya hai, phir bhi aap chahte hain ki main yeh shaadi karun....... Toh thik hai Sir, main yeh shaadi karungi, sirf aapke kehne par........"

From this point on, Dev starts to feel her desperation, her pain, but tries to stay calm because he believes that's in Vidhi's interest.

After the engagement is cancelled, Vidhi again tries to hint at her feelings but this time Dev has had it enough. He strictly tells her to maintain the boundaries between an employee and boss.

Vidhi is heartbroken. Her world comes to a standstill. These past few days, she had garnered so many expectations, that Dev does have something in his heart, which made her bolder in her words. She wanted to push him into accepting his feelings because she was sure that he also feels something. But now her glass castle was shattered. She cries and thinks - 

"Toh sach mein Sir ke dil mein mere liye kuch bhi nahi hai........ Yaani main itne dinon se raai ka pahad banaye jaa rahi thhi........ Sahi bhi toh hai......... Kahan woh aur kahan main........ Woh ekdum perfect aur main jisse kuch dhang se nahin hota.......... Kahan wo mehlon mein rehne waale, aur kahan main Indore ki galiyon ki ek aam ladki....... Kyun feel karenge woh mere liye kuch bhi....... Aisa hai hi kya mujhmein ki unke dil mein mere liye kuch bhi ho........ Main hun hi pagli filam....... Ek hi pal mein kya kya soch liya maine......... Kitna bura laga hoga na Sir ko........ Kitne embarassed huye honge har baar.......... Main bhi na! Sambhal khudko Vidhi........"

Unable to look Dev in the eye, she writes a letter to him and leaves it at his desk.

" I am really sorry Sir........ Maine aapko bahut pareshan kiya na pichle kuch dinon mein............ I am extremely sorry Sir........... Aapko hurt karne ke baare mein main kabhi sapne mein bhi nahin soch sakti, par jaane-anjaane apni baaton se aapko kitna hurt kiya maine.......... Itne dinon se apni ul-julool baaton se aapka dimaag khaati rahi, par aap itne achhe hain ki aap bas sunte gaye, kuch kaha bhi nahin........ Aapki achai thhi jo aap meri bakwas bardaasht kar rahe thhe........ I am really very sorry Sir.......... Agar mujhe itna sa bhi andaaza hota ki meri baatein aapko hurt kar rahi hai, main kabhi kuch nahin kehti......... Main promise karti hun ki ab meri wajah se aapko koi pareshani nahin hogi....... Ab main aapko apni baaton se bilkul pareshan nahin karungi........ Aap jaisa chahte hain waisa hi hoga....... Aap humesha kehte hain na ki office mein personal baaton ki koi jagah nahin hoti....... Aaj se nahi hogi Sir....... I promise......... Ho sakey toh jitna bhi maine aapko hurt kiya pichle kuch dinon mein, maaf kar dijiyega........ Main waada karti hun, dobaara aapko shikaayat ka mauka nahin doongi........."

Dev feels bad reading this letter but decides to stay silent and let things be. After all, that is what is in Vidhi's best interests. But somewhere inside, he feels guilty for hurting her. Next day, he goes by her desk to check on her. 

Dev (clears his throat) - Ms. Vidhi, woh purane factory ki audit report complete ho gayi?

Vidhi (without making much eye contact) - Yes Sir. Yeh hai file. (and she hands him a file)

He pretends to go through with it as she looks everywhere else but at him.

Dev - This looks fine. Main detail mein dekh kar batata hun.

Vidhi - Okay Sir.

Dev (turns back to go but turns back again) -  Ms. Vidhi, woh jo woh FM project ki progress report banane ko kaha thha.........

Vidhi (looking at him for a moment and then turning away) - Yes Sir. Woh file toh aapke table par hi hogi..... Maine subah bhijwai thhi...

Dev - Oh...... Okay....... I will check it........

He goes back to his office, but something didn't sit right with him. He wanted to go check on her again in the evening but refrained himself. But he felt helpless as her silence was eating away at him. Next day, no interaction happened between them. There was meeting with all the staff members but Vidhi avoided looking at him and maintained silence and just answered in "yes" and "no". He was so used to her "badbad" by now that her silence was becoming unbearable. Unable to withhold his concern anymore, he goes by her desk that evening after everyone has gone home.

Dev - Tum thik ho?

Vidhi (sarcastic smile) - Haan Sir, main bilkul thik hun....... Mujhe kya hona hai.......

Dev - Nahin..... Woh...... Aaaa....... Chup thhi tum aaj meeting mein isiliye........

Vidhi - Bolne ke liye kuch thha hi nahin Sir. Arjun ne saare points achhe se explain kiye thhe.......

Dev - Achha..... Hmmm........ Toh thik ho tum, right?

Vidhi (trying very hard to hold back her emotions, pasting a smile on her worn down face) - Yes Sir! Chalti hun Sir.......

And saying this, she picks up her bag and leaves, before her emotions get hold of her, but not before she puts her thoughts into words - 

"Waise Sir, mera aapke saamne ab chup rehna hi thik hai........ Main agar phir se aapke saamne comfortable ho gayi toh phir mere dil ki baat zubaan par aa jayegi aur aap phir se uncomfortable ho jayenge....... Office ka decorum kharab ho jayega........ Isiliye Mera chup rehna hi sahi hai........"

Dev stands there for a moment, unable to move. The boundaries that he had so sternly set between them were now haunting him...... Would this finally make him give in to his feelings or fate had something else in store.........

Edited by Anupreeya - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anupreeya thumbnail

This is my take on "how Vidhi could have gotten to know Dev knows about her feelings" and how she should react after "zor ka jhatka" by Dev (quite contrary to the promo of course). Do share your thoughts about it.

I tried tagging people here but couldn't. I am new to this. So tag whoever you think would be interested.

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Anupreeya

This is my take on "how Vidhi could have gotten to know Dev knows about her feelings" and how she should react after "zor ka jhatka" by Dev (quite contrary to the promo of course). Do share your thoughts about it.

I tried tagging people here but couldn't. I am new to this. So tag whoever you think would be interested.

Tagging more who might be intersted in this new Vidhi and her way of standing firm in front of Dev.

lovely ๐Ÿ‘

really thats the Vidhi we would have loved to see than the one we are having on screen.

what i loved is how her silence is the first things that eats him up (in my SS too)... its like we all are so used to of her around Dev being all chirpy and bubly that its her not so usual self he will miss the most and i would have loved it if happen in coming episodes too. 

and your last line was the one so well written.. office ka decorum kharab ho jayega..

Dev needs a hit like that... cause he is using office as a excecuse to change his stance as and when he wants but once i want Vidhi to use to give it to him in face ke ab meri baari hai decide karne ki...

beautifully written..

Agastia thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Totally loved this.....vidhi ka yeh reaction bohat sensible hai aisa hi hona chahiye taake dev sir ko bhi toh realize ho kai asal mai woh kya miss kr rahe hain or apni feelings ko accept kre....very nice๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Anupreeya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Telly_Addict

Tagging more who might be intersted in this new Vidhi and her way of standing firm in front of Dev.

lovely ๐Ÿ‘

really thats the Vidhi we would have loved to see than the one we are having on screen.

what i loved is how her silence is the first things that eats him up (in my SS too)... its like we all are so used to of her around Dev being all chirpy and bubly that its her not so usual self he will miss the most and i would have loved it if happen in coming episodes too. 

and your last line was the one so well written.. office ka decorum kharab ho jayega..

Dev needs a hit like that... cause he is using office as a excecuse to change his stance as and when he wants but once i want Vidhi to use to give it to him in face ke ab meri baari hai decide karne ki...

beautifully written..

Thanks a lot

@RED

If executed correctly, this should be enough to stir all his emotions, third angle ki zarurat bhi nahin padegi mere hisab se.

@BLUE

May be I missed it. Abhi dhund ke padhti hun.

Anupreeya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Agastia

Totally loved this.....vidhi ka yeh reaction bohat sensible hai aisa hi hona chahiye taake dev sir ko bhi toh realize ho kai asal mai woh kya miss kr rahe hain or apni feelings ko accept kre....very nice๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thanks. Kaash screen pe Aisa kuch dekhne mil jaaye toh din ban jaaye.

Telly_Addict thumbnail

Thanks a lot

@RED

If executed correctly, this should be enough to stir all his emotions, third angle ki zarurat bhi nahin padegi mere hisab se.

@BLUE

May be I missed it. Abhi dhund ke padhti hun.

@red.. rightly said. but this wont be enough. he is alone all his life so even is he will be scared to be left alone all again after having Vidhi for a brief time.. i doubt it would impact him but seeing Vidhi being with someone else will impact him. he would miss what someone else is having in his life.. Bubly Chirpy Vidhi.. who would make his life no less than a heaven...

nd when Dev would witness it again n again only then his feleing would be stirred (thats my take.. i can be wrong completely.. but how i see Devs caracter)

also i want third angle.. am greedy for a well executed love triangle cause Dev gave excesses na ke "main kisi aur ke liye bhi yahi karta" i wasnt someone to say to Vidhi in front of Dev "that i wont be doing anything this special to anyone else...cause you are my someone special"

i want Dev to realize.. agar wo sab ke liye aisa karte hai to do as much you wish cause vidhi doesnt need it anymore in the name of platonic relationship, uske liye there is someone out there already... i want to see his world crumbling down due to this own double standard..

ye raha https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5305476

Edited by Telly_Addict - 1 years ago
Anupreeya thumbnail

@red.. rightly said. but this wont be enough. he is alone all his life so even is he will be scared to be left alone all again after having Vidhi for a brief time.. i doubt it would impact him but seeing Vidhi being with someone else will impact him. he would miss what someone else is having in his life.. Bubly Chirpy Vidhi.. who would make his life no less than a heaven...

nd when Dev would witness it again n again only then his feleing would be stirred (thats my take.. i can be wrong completely.. but how i see Devs caracter)

also i want third angle.. am greedy for a well executed love triangle cause Dev gave excesses na ke "main kisi aur ke liye bhi yahi karta" i wasnt someone to say to Vidhi in front of Dev "that i wont be doing anything this special to anyone else...cause you are my someone special"

i want Dev to realize.. agar wo sab ke liye aisa karte hai to do as much you wish cause vidhi doesnt need it anymore in the name of platonic relationship, uske liye there is someone out there already... i want to see his world crumbling down due to this own double standard..

ye raha https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5305476

I too want this. This would be a treat to watch.

Coming to how seeing Vidhi with someone else will impact him, it could go both ways, he could either miss what he could have had with Vidhi or he could be happy for her and sacrifice everything, thinking the other guy is more suitable for her.

Telly_Addict thumbnail

I too want this. This would be a treat to watch.

Coming to how seeing Vidhi with someone else will impact him, it could go both ways, he could either miss what he could have had with Vidhi or he could be happy for her and sacrifice everything, thinking the other guy is more suitable for her.

OMG this could backfire badly.. so i guess we need some balance to make sure he doesn't resign the idea of wanting Vidhi in his life.. watt lag jayegi agar Arjun ne kuch jyada hi pyar barsa diya Vidhi pe.. Dev sir to door se tata bye bye karke chal denge.. nahi chahiye re aisa kuch

Anupreeya thumbnail

OMG this could backfire badly.. so i guess we need some balance to make sure he doesn't resign the idea of wanting Vidhi in his life.. watt lag jayegi agar Arjun ne kuch jyada hi pyar barsa diya Vidhi pe.. Dev sir to door se tata bye bye karke chal denge.. nahi chahiye re aisa kuch

Wahi na! Issi baat ka darr hai....

But then there is a saving grace as well. Whatever the situation, Vidhi and her happiness will always be his priority.

Agar Arjun pyaar ka samandar bhi barsa de, jab tak Vidhi khush nahin hogi Dev Babu tata bye bye nahi bolenge...... He would constantly try to ship them together if he goes into sacrifice mode, jaise NRI Arjun ko panipuri khane bhej raha thha Vidhi ke saath.......

But finally jab yeh pakka ho jayega Dev ko bhi aur Arjun ko bhi ki Vidhi ki khushi Dev hi hai, then I think dono kuch apna approach change karenge. Dev will rethink his stance, ki kya zaroori hai -  Vidhi ki khushi ya societal norms. And Arjun bhi dono ko paas lane ki koshish karega hi karenga, shayad Dev ko convince karne ki bhi koshish kare......