Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Two other features that might be useful in a member's profile under Fan Fiction:

(1) My Book Followers (members who have any book of mine in their Library), similar to My Followers (members who are following me in the Fan Fiction section).

I had to make a list of readers to invite to the Readers' Choice Awards nominations round by going to each book's Followers page and copying the names into a series of PMs, ten at a time. It would have been easier if all of the readers were listed on one page, with selection boxes, a Select All button, and a PM Selected Followers button.

Two other features that might be useful in a member's profile under Fan Fiction:

(2) My Book Likes (members who gave a Like on any book of mine) - preferably showing the book, chapter, and type of Like (e.g. AWESOME! or FAIL) next to the member's name.

It is rather frustrating that when I get a notification of a Like, I go to the chapter and I have to guess which type of Like was most recent.

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: vijay

G sand M fan fictions Are available for non-logged in users unless the author has decided to keep it Members Only.

The reason why we insist on readers to login/register:

- So that they can leave comments / feedback for the story. This encourages the author to write more.

- Reader can easily follow a story and get notification when there is a new chapter.

- they can follow the author to be notified when there is a new story published by the author.

- Reader can even view R graded story if their age permits.

- If you notice several sites they follow similar practice and insist on readers to register.

login / register is free and easy. So whatโ€™s the harm in doing so?

I understand the reasoning and it's completely valid. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

However, there are people who instead of creating an account, simply leave the website. 

As a writer myself, I would definitely feel motivated if someone took the time and commented on my chapters. But at the same time, as a reader, I would appreciate it if more and more literary work was open to me irrespective of membership, whether it is IF or Wattpad, or any other platform.

Hence I proposed this. Rest the decision is on the moderators and the development team. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ oye_nakhrewaali:

Quoting vijay's first post in this topic: "Please keep one suggestion/feature request per post as that makes it easier to track."

By "dislike button" I think you mean the thumbs-down in the row of Like options under each fan fiction chapter, which displays the name FAIL.

Two-way blocking should mean that members cannot send notifications by clicking any Like option for a fan fiction chapter.

Notifications should not be sent repeatedly when a member repeatedly clicks Like options for the purpose of nuisance communication.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Shri_12

Can we have an author's note box at the end of every chapter like its available on a site called fanfiction.net

As an author I like to share my thoughts about every chapter that I write, include dedications, festive wishes etc which is unique to every chapter.

That would be really wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜Š

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: Shri_12

Can we have an author's note box at the end of every chapter like its available on a site called fanfiction.net

As an author I like to share my thoughts about every chapter that I write, include dedications, festive wishes etc which is unique to every chapter.

Currently we have it at Main page. You are suggesting it for each chapter?

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Currently we have it at Main page. You are suggesting it for each chapter?

I would like that, but it's not as urgent as some other stuff๐Ÿ™ˆ

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

I would like that, but it's not as urgent as some other stuff๐Ÿ™ˆ

Please suggest the urgent stuff so that we can take it on priority.

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Um, is there currently any functionality where we can filter a particular genre by Author? For eg. "Mythological" by "metacrisis"

Also, how can I access the link to all fanfictions written by me?

I can get to it for other users through their name in the individual stories, for eg: this, but when I do it for myself the link takes the form of "my/fanfictions?s=1&mode=Ffs"

Originally posted by: metacrisis

Um, is there currently any functionality where we can filter a particular genre by Author? For eg. "Mythological" by "metacrisis"

Also, how can I access the link to all fanfictions written by me?

I can get to it for other users through their name in the individual stories, for eg: this, but when I do it for myself the link takes the form of "my/fanfictions?s=1&mode=Ffs"

Just remember that you are user 664601, and substitute that into the URL for fan fictions on someone else's profile:

https://www.indiaforums.com/user/664601/fanfictions?mode=Ffs