Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: NerdyMukta

South Africa tour of India (3 T20Is & 3 ODIs)

1st T20I: Thiruvananthapuram, September 28th

2nd T20I: Guwahati, October 2nd

3rd T20I: Indore, October 4th

1st ODI: Lucknow, October 6th

2nd ODI: Ranchi, October 9th

3rd ODI: Delhi, October 11th

Trivandrum to Guwahati and then Indore- they're really making the poor Saffas travel a fair bit! 😆

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

Ftp for next 4 years released for both men's and womens. 

Bangladesh men's play the most matches. 😲 Should win something or at least reach finals with so much of matches.

More than why BD is playing more matches, my question is why India is playing less tests?

They play truck load of T20s during IPL.  They can reduce few T20Is and replace them with Tests.

But again I guess not all nations in the list are equipped to play more tests (in other words other nations refuse to play tests with them, which is a worry) so, number of tests is uneven across the table.

Back to Bangladesh.  Bangladesh is small nation with less privileges.  I must say they are doing well.  More matches will expose them to different conditions in the world and eventually they will improve.  

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

True 

Also why SA is playing soo less is beyond me 

They must be gearing up for their own T20 league.

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RandomWaliLadki

i hope they at least improve by then 😔 i keep my expectations low cause the senior players of bd r retiring post 2023 wc or at least soon after so it might be a changing phase for them as its the younger batch now. problem is none of the younger players r consistent, and when they r off form they r horribly off form. the only bd batter who was consistent throghout this year was liton das, that guy is damn underrated.he n bairstow r the top 2 run getters so far(all format wise). the worse thing he is injured n bd doesnt even have a proper opener in asia cup as tamim is retired in t20is. only the bowlers r doing well, but when they do bad the team is doomed batting n fielding r still weak. from bd, i only like liton das and ebadot hossain among their younger players these days.

Before reading your post I said the same thing.  By playing more matches they will improve.  I am sure they will improve.  All the best to the squad.👍🏼

Cheers..

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

i dont get the system of unequal mo. of matches for all teams, its confusing too. i feel all teams should play equal amount of matches. the one good thing about the current odi league is teams like netherlands, ireland and zimbabwe are improving a lot. zimbabwe won a odi series vs bd recently and ireland almost won a series vs nz n eng. yesterday ned almost won vs pak.

And ICC chu have dropped the current league. There will be no league after the WC. We go back to old system. The big teams play only themselves and no one plays the smaller teams. The only thing that's good is WC also goes back to 14 teams. But that's stupid tbh. Teams would like WC to be 10 teams but these guaranteed 24 matches of odi League to stay. 

Yeah. Dutch were so so close man. Would have loved to see them beat pak for multiple reasons. Primarily Those 2 youtubers who review pak cricket. 🤣

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

And ICC chu have dropped the current league. There will be no league after the WC. We go back to old system. The big teams play only themselves and no one plays the smaller teams. The only thing that's good is WC also goes back to 14 teams. But that's stupid tbh. Teams would like WC to be 10 teams but these guaranteed 24 matches of odi League to stay. 

Yeah. Dutch were so so close man. Would have loved to see them beat pak for multiple reasons. Primarily Those 2 youtubers who review pak cricket. 🤣

I kinda liked the current league system as more matches for other teams but i just found the unequal no of matches thing weird. and thats what i hate the big teams dont wanna play with small teams, like this how will cricket even grow worldwide, the so called small teams r doing so much better n tbh showing more dedication than the big team players. not saying there r no dedicated players in big team but some players i feel they  kinda take it for granted i feel unlike the smaller teams who r working real hard. i prefer the 14 teams wc but the best would be what they r intending to do for t20wc which is 20 teams wc even 16 teams is fine. i honestly feel 2019wc would have been way better if there were 14 teams and also rain interferred too many matches in the wc 😡. i also wanted dutch to win 😆(i dont have issues with pak or any other team, i just wanted the win to boost the confidence of dutch team n other teams too)

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Savera84

More than why BD is playing more matches, my question is why India is playing less tests?

They play truck load of T20s during IPL.  They can reduce few T20Is and replace them with Tests.

But again I guess not all nations in the list are equipped to play more tests (in other words other nations refuse to play tests with them, which is a worry) so, number of tests is uneven across the table.

Back to Bangladesh.  Bangladesh is small nation with less privileges I must say they are doing well.  More matches will expose them to different conditions in the world and eventually they will improve.  

Cheers..

I could be wrong, but I actually see Bangladesh as perhaps the country with the biggest cricket earning potential outside the big 3 (Ind, Aus, Eng).

Huge population that likes cricket (more than SL, SA, NZ, WI, AFG and marginally less than PK)

Doing reasonably well economically (highest GDP among cricket countries after big 3)

A lot of growth potential (don't think their Jio moment has happened yet- I see lots of PK cricket fans on Twitter, but very few BD ones, or maybe their folks mostly tweet in Bengali)

I would've ordinarily had PK as the biggest cricket country outside the big 3, but their economy has been on a downward spiral, which is why I've gone for BD.

NZ too small population wise, SL small population + economy in trouble, SA cricket population is predominantly white (so same population as NZ effectively) and their economy isn't doing well either.

If SA can somehow leverage their black population (whites are only 10% of pop) and push them into middle class/upper middle class, they'll be the biggest outside the top 3.

Edited by aekiel - 1 years ago
BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

india vs pakistan matches r overrated tbh, i say this cause no matter who wins the match turns out to be one-sided most of the time, its not the same rivarly anymore 

who wins? 😆I know that t20wc match was bad but that win came 4 years after CT17. Before that it was ct14, before than 2012 series. Its always India wins and then law of averages catches up because not possible to win 100 percent. 😆

India vs BD is more spicy now. Even afg give good fight. The ac18 match or wc19 match was great. 

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Originally posted by: aekiel

I could be wrong, but I actually see Bangladesh as perhaps the country with the biggest cricket earning potential outside the big 3 (Ind, Aus, Eng).

Huge population that likes cricket (more than SL, SA, NZ, WI, AFG and marginally less than PK)

Doing reasonably well economically (highest GDP among cricket countries after big 3)

A lot of growth potential (don't think their Jio moment has happened yet- I see lots of PK cricket fans on Twitter, but very few BD ones, or maybe their folks mostly tweet in Bengali)

I would've ordinarily had PK as the biggest cricket country outside the big 3, but their economy has been on a downward spiral, which is why I've gone for BD.

NZ too small population wise, SL small population + economy in trouble, SA cricket population is predominantly white (so same population as NZ effectively) and their economy isn't doing well either.

If SA can somehow leverage their black population (whites are only 10% of pop) and push them into middle class/upper middle class, they'll be the biggest outside the top 3.

Great analysis. I see BD similar to India of 90s. Hungry, desperate and eager to grow but don't know the pathway. Cricket is the only thing that gives the country joy and happiness and people are crazy for it. All they need is a Sachin to rally behind. Shakib is legit of that level in cricketing terms but doesn't have a mature attitude at times.