Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlurredLines thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

Interesting topic considering almost all ITV marriages follow such trends as Neha mentioned. An addition to the ones that she has already mentioned is the "majboori wala/honour marriage" where either the male or the female (mostly) are emotionally blackmailed by family members (typically parents) to such an extent that they become the replacement bride or groom because the family's pretence honour is now in their hands. Also, this is also done by throwing indirect suicidal threats by family members. Slow claps to such marriages. Trying not to be too harsh about it but marriage is a joke in the ITV world and I can say for sure that it has indeed successfully instilled fear in my head. The gamophobia is real, folks and yes, ITV does have that effect on people irrespective of how old and mature one may think they are. Some things are bound to trigger your core thoughts. 

My biggest pet peeve is exactly this emotional manipulation to get married by parents. But if I could look past that what I can never forgive is how quickly the kids forgive their parents for getting them married like that. It would typically go like this 

FL Mother : You have to get married to this stranger. For our family respect yada yada yada. 

FL : No I don't want to get married. 

FL Mother : I beg you , let me cry some more and fall on your feet. 

FL : Okay I will get married. 

Two seconds later. 

Cue happy and sad Bg music, FL and her mother hugging and crying during marriage and having happy memories ðŸ¤£. 

BlurredLines thumbnail

Originally posted by: NerdyMukta

Isn't the audience to be blamed here too?

They lap up anything and everything that is dished out before them. 

Obviously audience get the blame for accepting everything shown to them ðŸ¤£. When I see the TRP for certain shows I kind of get why the writers resort to such annoying plots ðŸ¤ª

xDownInFlamesx thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is such an unique topic for discussion! Okay starting with my rant:

First and foremost is getting the couple face unnecessary trouble from their family side is so irritating. You start to feel that yes there's now no way the leads would get a chance to get married, but the makers just turn the tables and introduce you whitewashed family members. Family members who were once toxic to the leads for falling in love, are dancing in the baraat as if sadiyon se yeh chahte hai ke kab yeh do shaadi karenge

Second most irritating factor, the one supporting character who blindly wishes happiness for the leads. Like matlab kya hai ke uss character ko sab kuch hi acha dikhta hai leads ki pairing me? They are just shown like statues who just need to have 2-3 dialogues when the pair is hurt and alone. Inka kaam sirf episode time badhane ka hai, baki sense toh inn characters ke khoon se hi absent hai🤡

Third factor, love at first sight walon ki shaadi karwa dena. I don't understand aj kal itv producers ko ho kya gaya hai. They get their leads fall in love at first sight and then unko hardships se aise guzarwana as if yeh do soulmates toh paida hi hue the ke kab pyaar padd jaye aur kab shaadi karle. Atleast give them some time and give fans the slow burn😕

Fourth, using the FL for ML's better future. I don't know why yeh cheez Ekta's ke shows me common hai (no offense to her anyway). What does it mean ke tum kisiki zindagi yunhi kharab kar rahe ho just because tumhe aisa lagta hai that they'll make a good pair? Yeh toh matlab hadh hi hogayi.

Fifth, toxic/psyhco MLs forcing the FL to get married to them in return of paisa and fame. Dude like?! Yeh MLs itne confident hote hai ke street side ke log jo ladki dekhkar taane marte hai woh bhi sharma jaye (again no offense intended). This is worse than any marriage track ever introduced. I don't why is ITV promoting such kind of marriages. It's hurtful to see the FLs being powerful and strong and beautiful just in the first episode, uske baad toh yeh flower se bhi zyada sensitive ban jaati hai.

Talking about the chaos now:

1. Producers ko lagta hai family ka interference and denial fans me interest paida karega. Does that work? No dude you're just boring us.

2. Producers ko lagta hai bride swap se fans ko jhatka lagega. Does that seem interesting? It's ridiculous.

3. Producers ko lagta hai behen ko chudail bana dena, sauteli mom ko pisachini bana dena will intrigue fans. Does that sound adventurous? Dude stop promoting toxic relationships.

4. Producers ko lagta hai FL ko force karke ML se shaadi karwa dena would give a boost to trp. Does that bring about an interesting agnst track? It's pitiful to see a woman cry and be in pain all the time just because she's poverty stricken.

5. Producers ko lagta hai dusre side characters ki shaadi rukwakar leads ki milni fan numbers badha dega. Does that sound dreamy? No. Hurting someone's sentiments is definitely not at all interesting.

Dhanyawad for this rant session😆

Sutapasima thumbnail

Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega …

They will go any lengths to achieve one uppism while portraying  the marriage of their story differently.

But most entertaining are fake marriages  and then the couple actually falls in love and eventually get remarried .

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I tv has make joke of marriage  

For them marriage is not big responsibility and sacred relationship but for them it is entry pass for vamp to destroy whole family  . Just because they don't have any creative left so just to make story forward   they first get married to wrong person either by force  or bride swapping 

Otherwise writer can make  show marriage is happening to right person only 

I don't why it is necessary to show every time triangle. In marriage These  cvs can show marriage in normal way but I know they will not  because they care for trp only 

So i know these writer will show what they want to show. Only best solution better I stop watching these serial. And  yes I have stop watching  all most these serial because of illogical and unrealistic way of marriage . Only 1and 2serial I am watching 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: NerdyMukta

Isn't the audience to be blamed here too?

They lap up anything and everything that is dished out before them. 

Making shows that are meaningful, require a certain level of logic and unbiased, is a pretty risky business when the majority of the Indian audience is ...preferring to see same old saas-- bahu stories. 

The makers telecast the show 5 days a week. So they stretch the episodes to fill up the total of 150 min screen time (5 episodes x 30 mins)with unnecessary drama, closeup of character’s reaction, loud background music and other dramatic effects! The content will be nill, and the audience left there in utter confusion after every episode!!! 

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

Forced marriage is disgusting. Just throwing sindoor on someone's head isn't marriage. Often these kind of marriage happens with toxic alpha male or mentally unstable male. Sadly in those shows the women don't even escape the marriage. Makers make it seem like a love story and they have happily ever after.

Even in shows like ye rishta marriage is a grand thing but with a lot of unwanted drama. 

In most of the serials, forced marriages are the new norm, to garner TRPs, it is an easy way! 

The drama starts with engagement, there will be a few twists and turns, the villain and the vamp will try their best to spoil the ceremonious occasion either with fire or vanishing the bride! 

If at all that hurdle was crossed, then the mehandi... and other pre-wedding occasions are there to spread the negativity between the bride and groom or between the two families who are going to enter in to naya... naya rishta! That will take place for 20/30 episodes! 

At last, marriage day comes... with pomp and show it starts well... but there is every possibility that either bride or the groom will be kidnapped and there will be misunderstandings, suspicion, a long-lasting harassment for the viewers!! ðŸ¤ª 

OK... good ... marriage is over! But they never lived happily ever after!!! 

SR is the ultimate torment for the viewer! We have to wait for a few hundred episodes for it to happen, and in the meantime, every viewer chooses to take sanyas from viewing that serial! This is the real picture of the serial marriage on ITV

Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Very good topic, Madhu. 

Because of such illogical depiction of marriages in the serials, viewers are shifting from ITV to OTT and other foreign shows. 

diksha710 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Great topic M. While I do blame the creatives for dishing out the trash and making a mockery of marriages, I feel little bit of onus falls on the audience as well. DMG, Kuch Rang were one of the few shows that were realistic to an extent. However, they struggled with TRP throughout the run, which will in turn generate the revenue. They are there to make money at the end of the day. 

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5

The worst part is they never show whether the guests invited in marriage get the food when the event goes wrong😭 That's why I always eat the food before the marriage is going to start🤓