Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Most of these women you said were taunted for their looks then and even now people still attack them for their previous flaws saying Karishma had no style or grace when she debuted with those thick eyebrows. That Kareena was gauche and fat when she came out. That Kajol was too dusky and should get rid of her unibrow. That Priyanka and Shilpa got nose jobs. Or that Juhi was too chunky. You could go on and on with just about every actress being criticized no matter how beautiful she may be considered.

i agree but as i was saying most can't seem to fit into "normal" roles which the above could do. I feel the trolling always happens irrespective of what you look like, its performances and effort which will make you overcome it

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: vcs17

I agree this era is different , scrutiny is much more, but once you perform it dies like for alia or ranbir. most don't and people pick on that

but suriyas brother karthi in tamil debuted in a total rustic raw movie, of course it was a while ago. 

nag chaitanya was a total lower middle class guy in majili, even mohanlal's son looks "normal" in hridayam. even a prabhas, jr ntr don't look styled, agree that they are not from recent too. allu arjuna and ram charam have done stuff and polished themselves.

the larger point is that they can fit into middle class, rural roles like pushpa etc. only ones in hindi who can are vicky, aysuhman and raj kumar, star or non star most are too polished, like they are so unware that they will wear a fitted shirt with 6 pack even when playing a small town guy

Have you seen the kinda trolling Alia gets for being dumb and ranbir gets for being a playboy? These 2 despite being good actors aren’t seen favourably among the public and ppl don’t love them like they love non-actors like kat. It’s all abt personality IMO