Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Well when I say that real person should not be used in Fanfiction I mean that author cannot name their characters based on real people. Like using the character name as Barun Sobti. However you can use the character name Arnav Singh Raizada and tag the show.

And in the character page you can put the picture so that people can visualize your story. However always better to put disclaimer that the whole thing is purely fiction and not related to any real person. And pictures used are for representational purposes only.

Normally problem does not happen unless there are mature / sensitive content and real person take objection to it. I hope you understanding what I am trying to say here.

Will discuss it further.

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Well when I say that real person should not be used in Fanfiction I mean that author cannot name their characters based on real people. Like using the character name as Barun Sobti. However you can use the character name Arnav Singh Raizada and tag the show.

Yes, that’s my point as well… disclaimer is a must and we cannot use barun sobti’s name but we can use his picture if it is a fan fiction and use the character names played my him. But yes we need to put disclaimer.

And in the character page you can put the picture so that people can visualize your story. However always better to put disclaimer that the whole thing is purely fiction and not related to any real person. And pictures used are for representational purposes only.

Totally agree with you and it makes sense.

Normally problem does not happen unless there are mature / sensitive content and real person take objection to it. I hope you understanding what I am trying to say here.

point noted.

Will discuss it further.

i will try to put the WA page where they have this format.

I-SunShine_Soul thumbnail

how can i prevent people from viewing my IF profile?

WildestDreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: SnowWhite_97

how can i prevent people from viewing my IF profile?

Hey,

You have to block the ID of that member. He/She cannot PM/quote/tag you or check your profile. Same applies for you. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Will discuss it further.

If you are writing a fictional narrative based on a true person/ actor, you need to decide how closely your fictional character resemble the real person  it's based on, if it is recognizably related to the actual actor, you may need to ask permission

Many legal implications are there to follow, regarding copyright issues and real person stories are, after a certain level, those will be difficult to deal with!

Using real people in your fiction—whether they are directly named or not—can be legally hazardous. If an author includes enough details that a specific fictional character is identifiable as an actual actor, that person could possibly pursue legal action. 

Writers face three big risks when using real people in their writing---- defamationinvasion of privacy, and misappropriation of the right of publicity. These are legal aspects

While writing, there may be positive or negative twists in our story that may damage a real person's sensitive sentiments and it may lead to legal action from their side. 

Actors are usually attention seekers who crave the spotlight for the right or wrong reasons! 

With all these considerations in mind, it is always preferable/advisable to avoid writing and tagging real people/actors.

Writers write what they know. It’s perfectly natural that someone within their perception,[TV character, or real life inspiring incident] to have remarkable or interesting characteristics that inspire a character in their fiction. However, career authors are advised to change as many other extraneous details as possible, including name and other details! 

By adding a character's photo, the story is considered suggestive, not subjective; you have given a visual representation to your idea; however, if you add/tag the real person/actor, the story is considered subjective; you are directly stating that it is his story, which is a legally punishable offense! If you seek permission from that actor, it is fine, but how far it is possible for us to contact an actor for seeking permission? 

In a way, IF Fanfiction Section is a Publishing House, with approximately 10,000 published books to its credit, thanks to Vijay and all the Veteran and present Mods and authors. smiley10

In India, there are various publishing rules that govern what can be written and published. These regulations stipulate that the publication of particular content may result in criminal or civil charges. For example, charges of hurting religious emotions or sedition are considered criminal offenses. In India, defamation is both a civil and criminal violation. Before publishing a book in India Forums, authors and publishers/ Editors should be aware of these facts and  laws. 

So it's better to stay away from all these legal wranglings. It is my sincere request to authors and Administrator Vijay. 

priya185 thumbnail

Hi the streak badge is showing

It’s nice but why multiple badges show not just the highest one? It has hidden my other badges

Edited by priya185 - 1 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

When is the streak badge coming

Can members have option to order their badges as they wish, and can we have more than 2 show on our posts if possible 

Vist Streak Badges are UP.

Next Level Badges for 500 / 750 / 1000 days visit streak.

ImageImageImage

vijay thumbnail

ImageImageImage

Koeli thumbnail

ImageImageImage

wow these are awesome 😍

Minionite thumbnail

ImageImageImage

Vijay these are great but just one thing - in the notifications all the badges show up with an extra 0 at the end - so instead of 365 it says 3650 and instead of 180 it says 1800.