Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: amalaragam

even if he lifts the bride and carries in his arms talking in husky voice and putting her in bed ...

After Raghav did that much with Anjali, he just stood in front of her, wearing a bathrobe with one foot raised.

Will he do more with Pallavi?

Pallavi's speech to Raghav after "I love you" was totally demeaning to her character, full of sexist stereotypes. Shame on whoever wrote it for some generic widowed wallflower - not for the unique character of Pallavi. My sympathy to Shivangi Khedkar who dedicated months to playing an independent, fearlessly fighting woman on a show that forgot what it was supposed to be - Pallavi's story.

If Pallavi couldn't hold up her head after her first marriage, if she was too afraid to have fun ... who was it that danced in the rain, danced at Manasi's wedding functions, declared, "I can prove that I didn't have an abortion, but you can think I did if you like," and scared off Harish who was supposed to protect Kirti? Not only did that woman not need Raghav Rao, she was so full of life that Raghav Rao missed the clues that she was a widow!

How can Raghav deserve credit if Pallavi holds up her head now? Did he do her a favour by planting skimpy clothes in her shop? By accusing her of faking an abortion to blackmail him? By claiming an affair with her? By making her the wife of a drunk-and-disorderly criminal (with a sex scandal)? By going to jail for a hit-and-run? By getting her shot while on the run from the law? By his infidelity? ... Oh, right, Raghav once scolded Pallavi in public when he won Entrepreneur of the Year as Hyderabad's biggest and also youngest businessman ... (Time Magazine's Man of the Year, winner of the popular vote) ... and Pallavi shouldn't need her self-esteem when she has his ghamaṇḍa.

Pallavi says that she stayed within limits as the daughter-in-law of the Deshmukh family, scared to make mistakes, to avoid scandal. When? She hid accounts from her father as if he was mentally incompetent; she went to Raghav's house at all hours, knowing that her father disapproved; she went out alone at night to meet Seema without telling anyone; she decided to marry a criminal, which ruined her relationship with Sharada ... Pallavi always did exactly what she wanted, never confiding in those who cared about her safety, peace of mind, and reputation.

Pallavi was never weak or insecure, and she didn't need Raghav to give her courage or to introduce her to her true nature. She was already a tigress when she stood up to Jagadish Aṇṇā without falling in love with him! Raghav didn't "challenge" Pallavi so much as he abused her (vandalism, stalking, freezing, life-threatening, bruising, repeated defamation, invasion of personal space, forcible marriage ...), and after marriage he never respected her decisions.

Whether he was slinging her over his shoulder, insisting that she should accept an expensive necklace, or sneaking into his girlfriend's room, Raghav wanted Pallavi to be passive. Now that his extramarital live-in relationship is forgotten because he fell out of love with the other woman, Pallavi has become the doormat to absorb as much dirt as Raghav rubs on her.

ManishaShah thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Agree with every single word of yours when i saw this scene i felt the same way pallavi raghav ke uski life me aane se pehle hi fearless thi or ye baat harish or jagdish anna wale incident se hi prove ho gayi thi after that she confronted raghav in her first meeting with him then in temple to kahin se bhi ye nahi laga ke raghav ne pallavi ko fearless banaya hai infact raghav ne to khud ye admit kiya tha farhad ke sath baat karte hue jab wo pallavi ke 30 days wale challenge ko accept karta hai and it was bcs of her fighting spirit that he was attracted towards her 

And regarding limits pallavi never cared about it she did what she thought was right vd ke kehne par bhi usne raghav se milna uske ghar jana bandh nahi kiya even at nights during ved track 

Pallavi ne kaha use society ne kabhi sar uthane nahi diya bcs she was a widow but pallavi ko mansi ke sangeet me dekhkar aisa kaun keh sakta tha or isi liye raghav ko bhi kuch pata nahi chala

And please dont get me wrong i am not against her I appreciate her for this

And yes raghav ne uske against bahut kuch kiya hai even during redemption track raghav ne uske business ko chota kehkar uske kaam or uske hardwork ki insult ki hai

But makers ki always dialogue writing me problem rahi hai especially for pallavi so what else can we expect from them 

Originally posted by: ManishaShah

And yes raghav ne uske against bahut kuch kiya hai even during redemption track raghav ne uske business ko chota kehkar uske kaam or uske hardwork ki insult ki hai

You're referring to the time Raghav wanted to close a showroom from where a necklace was stolen. That was an overreaction, and Raghav was wrong to assume that Pallavi couldn't teach him anything, given that this was the first theft from his business. Pallavi's experience was that the boy who worked at Deshmukh Saree Emporium before Krishna used to steal a lot, so she pretended to trust him more and got him to admit his mistake. Raghav scoffed, but in the next episode he borrowed Pallavi's argument to tell his employees why he wouldn't fire all of them. So, that time Raghav actually boosted Pallavi's confidence.

Going off-topic now ... it's not bad writing that even when Raghav was making the effort to be good to Pallavi, he slipped up and impulsively did or said insensitive things. (Gagging her and slinging her over his shoulder; telling her it was good that Mandar died, or she would have driven him to suicide; getting drunk, ruining the cake, and throwing money at her ...) The bad writing was that there were no consequences for Raghav's slips, and he didn't grow in the direction of redemption by learning to resist those impulses.

In my fan fiction, I had Pallavi tell Raghav that being gagged and carried by him gave her nightmares and brought back memories of him tying her up in front of a truck. On the show, however, the scene was presented as cute and funny, and the person who observed it (later revealed to be Sulochana) didn't take advantage of it to embarrass Raghav.

After Raghav joked about Mandar's death, he should have remembered how Pallavi told him he wasn't fit to talk about Mandar, and he should have felt remorse for hurting her, leading to the scene in which Raghav asked Pallavi if her deepest wound was Mandar's death. The show never connected those three scenes.

Raghav apologized for ruining the cake, but he went on to get drunk so many times after that, as if Pallavi's forgiveness the first time was his permission slip to get drunk and drive, get drunk as a cover to steal the pen camera, get drunk and pound on the Deshmukhs' door, get drunk and bruise Pallavi's arms, get drunk and wake up naked with another woman, get drunk and want to slit his wrists ... The writers had Raghav getting drunk all the time, just to make scenes more intense, instead of building a love story in which Raghav would learn to communicate with Pallavi and outgrow his temptation to shut himself off with alcohol.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 2 years ago
ManishaShah thumbnail

Yes i was talking about this scene actually i found it weird that on one side raghav wanted to stop pallavi from leaving at any cost, wanted to change himself for her but on other side he treated her rudely many times I know he was impulsive but if pallavi meant so much to him to kya use is baat ka dhyan nahi rakhna chahiye tha bcs of his anger he had already done a lot of bad things to her but he didn,t learn anything from it 

Or usne pallavi se promise bhi kiya tha ke wo uske liye change hoga but after cake incident he tells her that there is no chance of changing raghav rao so dont know writing me problem thi ya kuch or 

And pallavi ka reaction bhi in baton par kuch khas nahi tha I mean raghav ne khud usse ek chance liya tha so she could have reminded him about it bcs itna mahan kaun hota hai jo khud ke sath itna kuch hone ke baad kisi ko last chance dekar uska aisa behaviour tolerate kare so dont know writing me problem thi ya kuch aur waise bhi itv me fl always mahan hoti hai

Waise kya aap ne kissing scene wali bts dekhi hai kya?

Originally posted by: ManishaShah

Yes i was talking about this scene actually i found it weird that on one side raghav wanted to stop pallavi from leaving at any cost, wanted to change himself for her but on other side he treated her rudely many times I know he was impulsive but if pallavi meant so much to him to kya use is baat ka dhyan nahi rakhna chahiye tha bcs of his anger he had already done a lot of bad things to her but he didn,t learn anything from it 

Or usne pallavi se promise bhi kiya tha ke wo uske liye change hoga but after cake incident he tells her that there is no chance of changing raghav rao so dont know writing me problem thi ya kuch or 

And pallavi ka reaction bhi in baton par kuch khas nahi tha I mean raghav ne khud usse ek chance liya tha so she could have reminded him about it bcs itna mahan kaun hota hai jo khud ke sath itna kuch hone ke baad kisi ko last chance dekar uska aisa behaviour tolerate kare so dont know writing me problem thi ya kuch aur waise bhi itv me fl always mahan hoti hai

Waise kya aap ne kissing scene wali bts dekhi hai kya?

I agree with you that Raghav should have watched his step around Pallavi, but I found it believable that he wasn't able to change himself without consistent effort. He had a plan to win over the Deshmukhs and Pallavi with charming gestures, but he didn't have a plan to control his frustration, alcohol, and anger. Raghav's line, "Raghav Rao? No chance!" was meant to carry the scene forward until he asked Pallavi, if I change, will you stay for always? Raghav's defiant tone in the scene didn't make sense. It should have been a regretful tone, and the line should have been, "Raghav Rao? After last night, do you still think there's a chance?"

The writers should have consistently had Pallavi expressing her hurt feelings in words, so that Raghav would be aware that he was failing in his promise, and she was going to leave him. Instead, they gave us the nonsensical miracī mahāthālī scene, plus this after-he-ruined-the-cake scene of Pallavi not even looking sleep-deprived, making a homophobic joke, and reassuring Raghav that he can change and she will keep trying as long as she's there. She could have warned him not to take her for granted, and still shown that she cares.

Yes, I saw the kissing scene BTS, and I have no idea what some viewers think got cut from the scene. No scene is going to be as long as the time it takes to shoot the scene! My opinion is that actors shouldn't be asked to kiss. Infections like Epstein-Barr virus, coronaviruses, herpes, cytomegalovirus, syphilis, even meningitis can be transmitted by kissing. Even someone with no symptoms can be infectious. Why should two people who don't like each other that way be expected to do that in front of the crew? No matter how it looks on screen, the feeling isn't there for the performers. I would rather watch a scene in which the actors can get into character without invading each other's personal space.

ManishaShah thumbnail

I totally agree with your views about that 'cake scene' actually after reading your post i feel relieved that someone else has the same views as me bcs i felt the same after watching that epi that the tone in which raghav talks to pallavi in that scene does not suit him at all bcs it does not seem that he regretted what he had done to pallavi scene dekhkar aisa nahi lagta ke raghav change hone ka promise Karke pallavi ko wapis laya tha rather it seems that pallavi herself has come back to change him 

And you are right ke pallavi ko use apni feelings ke bare me batana chahiye tha that how much she has been hurt by losing her family i know ke jab raghav d house se wapis aane ke baad pallavi se baat karta hai to wo use apni feelings ke bare me batati hai but after that jab wo raghav ko ek chance dene ke baad ruk jati hai uske baad wo bahut normally behave karti hai uske sath I mean show me uski d family se jitni attachment dikhayi hai uske acc ye bahut odd lagta hai 

And in my opinion instead of that mirchi scene makers ko raghav or pallavi ke beech meaningful conversation dikhani chahiye thi like milind pallavi ko exact reason batata behind the fight between raghav and vd or pallavi situation ko samjhti or raghav se is bare me baat karti ke use vd ko time dena chahiye may be I,m wrong but i think this scene should have been like this

Waise after forced marriage mujhe ye bhi thoda ajeeb laga ke pallavi starting me dobara marriage nahi karna chahti thi or kehti thi that red color has no place in her life but after marriage is bare me nahi makers ne uske koi monologues dikhaye nahi ye ke use Kaisa feel ho raha hai koi first marriage ki fb,s nahi kuch nahi

And about kissing bts actually I want to know that did they kiss in real in that bts? bcs bts me pallavi raghav ko forehead or eyes par kiss karne ke baad jab lip kiss karti hai to wo real lagta hai don't know camera angle hai ya kya but fans ko bhi ye hi lag raha hai or wo is scene ko hi cut karne ke bare me keh rahe hain so if you saw it then please explain 

And i also don't like kissing scenes honestly speaking mujhe to last epi me kissing scene or dono ke romantic scenes forced lag rahe the bcs pehle kabhi show me dono ne aise behave nahi Kiya after love confession that,s why aisa lag raha tha jaise dono ko suddenly yaad a gaya that they are deeply in love with eo or jaise Pallavi blush kar rahi thi laga jaise dono ka first kiss hai 🤣 itne time se sath rehne ke baad wo bhi after that seduction scene Jahan Pallavi khud kiss Karne ka try kar rahi thi so kuch feel nahi hua

Only my views you can agree or disagree with me 

ManishaShah thumbnail

Have you seen kissing scene bts? Actually i want to know ke jab pallavi raghav ko forehead kiss or eye kiss ke baad lip kiss karti hai toh wo scene bts me aise nahi lag raha jaise real kiss ho bcs they were so close waise eye kiss or lip kiss scenes epi me toh nahi the bit bts me dekhkar real kiss lag raha hai may be camera angle ki wajah se 

Kya aapko bhi aisa hi laga? or I am the only one who felt that