Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: Three.Broomstic

It does seem like we aren't  proud of our talents culture and don't showcase it in right way for others to notice because we are busy following

I have not seen a single Korean movie/series which is not following western culture though.

All I see is Korea is as western as BW is.

All the popular K pop music is very westernized and EDM based. It isn't like traditional Korean music is world famous.

The only thing is the language, for us English is no longer a foreign language like it is for Korea.

The thing is we have not produced any movie or series in the lines of Parasites or Squid Games nor do we have famous international boy/girl bands, as our singers are not a big deal even in India which would attract world people's attention towards us.

kusima thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

because K-dramas are wayy superior in terms of content.

K-dramas aren't only light romcoms, among the dramas i have watched there are dramas like 'Its okay to not be okay' and 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha' who talks about many issues in a subtle way. 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Name an main stream hero who can act a bit after srk amir govinda sunny deol irfan etc after 2000s 

answer is none 

Name a good movie after lagaan 

None 

name a good meaningful song with lyrics and melody after 2007 etc 

None hardly one a year 

Name a good lyricist after sameer 

None

Name a good music director who debuted after 2005

None 

Thats why kpop cannot be bollywood and vice versa 

Edited by myviewprem - 2 years ago
AB_RB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

birds of a feather flock together 

the grass is (always) greener on the other side

all that glitters is not gold

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bollywood has the least originality in all aspects of movie making and also music. So many music have been lifted of from other countries popular songs and also stories. 

The actors and actresses are limited, despite having many talented artists who do not get the chance to show case their talent. 

Indian Tv is worse, the amount of regressive shows they make and the garish OTT sets costumes, which are far from reality.

In those aspects at least Kdramas and movies do show case their culture it all depends on what drama/movies you have watched. They make one of the best thrillers, Thai make best horror, Chinese best fantasy. if you are fan of these genre. Even South India has more originality, even though they do make movies from other countries.

Some of the best thrillers I have watched from Kdrama; The tunnel, Defendant, The Veil etc. 

I guess living in a multi cultural country helps to build acceptance to other culture besides ours.  

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Three.Broomstic

It does seem like we aren't  proud of our talents culture and don't showcase it in right way for others to notice because we are busy following

Actually Indians are way too proud of themselves. SNS are full of 'proud to be indian' comments. Such comments come across as arrogant. Thoda humility dikhana acha hota hai. 

There are many countries. Their citizens don't shout I am proud to be American/french/Korean etc at every small achievement of their countries.

Sorry if it was off topic. I was irritated by such comments so bol diya.

Edited by etherealbeauty - 2 years ago
sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: etherealbeauty

Actually Indians are way too proud of themselves. SNS are full of 'proud to be indian' comments. Such comments come across as arrogant. Thoda humility dikhana acha hota hai. 

There are many countries. Their citizens don't shout I am proud to be American/french/Korean etc at every small achievement of their countries.

Sorry if it was off topic. I was irritated by such comments so bol diya.

Oh man Koreans will make you feel like Indians r saint.. 

They are highly rigid when it comes to other race and communities... Ppl with relatively darker complexion are called Africans, obsession with plastic surgery, the bullying in schools is extreme(forget name calling.. It's common for them to beat students up even if it's a girl..) . A kpop idol was kinda cancelled because he chose to marry his pregnant gf, if their idol has even one flaw as simple as being mean then ur career is over.. The lead girl from It's okay to not to be ok got dropped from future projects coz multiple ppl posted online that how mean she is as a person and is selfish....!!

Check YT for Indian/Pak vloggers in Korea.. The racism is really bad faced by desis.. Part of the reason I stopped being a crazy fan of Korean actors and idols... 

Edited by sweet_chilly - 2 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Name an main stream hero who can act a bit after srk amir govinda sunny deol irfan etc after 2000s 

Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Ayushmaan, RKR- just to name a few. All these guys can act the socks off any of the guys you mentioned above, except Irfan.

answer is none 

Dangal, Lootera, Tamasha, 3Idiots, Munnabhai MBBS , Chak De! India- just to name a few from the top of my head.

None 

Just pick up any song from for ex: Lootera,Barfi, Tamasha - 

None hardly one a year 

Amitabh Bhattacharya

None

Amit Trivedi

None 

Looks like you stopped watching movies after Lagaan in 2000. 😂

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: myviewprem

answer is none 

None 

None hardly one a year 

None

None 

This! Bollywood has evolved singe they caught the attention of many with movies like Devdas, K3G... but then there was a shift post-2010 ans it wasn't the same anymore. 

The Bollywod movies don't make one go from laughing to crying to smiling... anymore.

Some people who loved this aspect of Bollywood aren't as fond as the new type of movies being churn out. Also some actors (f/m) without the looks or charisma being deemed as the next big thing and hogging all the big interesting projects isn't satisfying.

I do think that Bollywood having exploded before the existence of streaming platforms like Netflix or Prime didn't help in it keeping its momentum and reaching another type of audience. Meanwhile, East Asian dramas are short, well-written and the actors are very good. 

I have seen some horrible actors there but then they improved tenfold because their audience won't let people with no talent ruining a movie/drama for them.

Some might still be lacking in the acting department but they make up for it with charisma and beauty. 

In Bollywood, a Katrina Kaif is one of the top actresses of the industry. She cannot act (she's been ok in a few movies) and directors keep casting her in challenging roles.

In East Asia, the interesting projects don't all go to the same set of people. Their industry is healthy in this regard but I don't envy them the Netizen.

I personally transitioned from Bollywood to South Indian movies to East Asian dramas (because I naively thought that I'd manage to only watch a one hour episode so that it wouldn't disturb my studies 😆). 

The problem with some SI movies was that it  could be difficult to find subtitles.

Edited by Maraka_Musso89 - 2 years ago
YourCat thumbnail
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

If you didn't, you wouldn't have responded to her comment or mine.

Not only that, we don't need you to particularly care about what we think for us to point out something wrong. Actually, we do it under the assumption you don't  care. 

Or why would you proudly advertise you bigotry?

When people call bigots or sexists out, it's usually to make a point to others who might be reading. People, you know, like those at the receiving end of your bigotry, who might feel relieved at the support. 

@2nd Bold. Yet here you are, in Bollywood forum. ðŸ˜†

First you say I responded means i care

Then you assume I dont care ? ðŸ¤”

Then you said  you dont need me to care to point out what you think is wrong? And what you find wrong? That i am not interested in another culture? That is wrong for you, oh wait, not that, it is the sound, i made it sound like it is a virtue, 😲, i did not make any sound like that, if you are hearing sound of negativity, try cleaning your own brain and look for positivity. 

Nevermind what I am advertising, a negative mind will always see and hear and twist it with negativity even if there is nothing there.. 

Yes i am here, and i keep my discussions related to bollywood and actors, if you are here too, please concentrate on bollywood and not the users online.. If you have problem ignore my post or just press the report button 

P.s you dont want to know what it sounded like in my head when i was reading your comment ðŸ˜†

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 2 years ago