Hi will watch and come back to this. 

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: IPodcastKKND

(previous episodes)

Episode 16 - Khushi Pranks Arnav

https://youtu.be/eDknOrWB2kA

Hello everyone, we're back with a new episode analyzing Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND). In this episode S and a new guest, Leila, discuss moments from the show where Lavanya turned 'desi', Arnav and Khushi have a valid argument regarding separate viewpoints on marriage and where Khushi learns that Arnav is an orphan - just like her.  

Episode 17 - The Shaadi Argument

https://youtu.be/PqfM_AlGPhc

In this episode of Iss Podcast Ko Kya Naam Doon, Ridz, S and Radhe (new guest!) analyze an interesting IPKKND track - where Khushi pranks Arnav and finds a new friend in Lavanya. From loving the sweet mini revenge Khushi plans to critically examining Arnav's anger issues - we have a long chat about what we loved and didn't in this section. 

Feel free to comment, give your thoughts and notes to the episodes!

Mem, you need to tag moi

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

HEy ! Loved this.

I was listening to your podcast last night and absolutely agree with it.

Khushi- Lavanya- Arnav fiasco was really crazy.. he just couldn't get away from Khushi.. haunted him everywhere, and later he had to deal with two of them. Also, it was almost like Arnav knew she would influence her, maine kaha tha uski tarah mat ban jaana πŸ˜†

Khushi had also crossed the line before, "Aapki bhi amma aur babuji ne shaadi ki hogi". She of course doesn't know about his parents but it was still way out of line. Seedha, danke ki chot par vaar. He reacts childishly by dropping her in the mud and leaving her in the middle of nowhere.

Post marriage there is another incident where she is after his life to call her mom Amma. She knows his mother is no more and how much her memory haunts him. Why, Khushi, Why?

If you ask me, yes Arnav ends up hurting her physically/ emotionally  and its not right. But we give little credit to him, being an impatient and aggressive person - how much he puts up with. They both drive each other up the wall. For me, they are equally abusive to each other, unknowingly. 

Also, I was wondering if while writing the "badatameezi toh maine abhi shuru nai ki ha". What did the writer have in mind?

TBH - I as a person, have that instinct too. I would be infuriated when someone calls he something I not, going to the extent of showing the other person what those words really meant. Of course, its not ok but rage/ anger is a very destructive force - its hollow. Once it's exhausted, it burns everything and there is nothing left. Calling someone characterless is a big accusation.

He never reflected on it too!! Normally, people with anger issues feel bad later on.. what the hell did I do. Khushi must have really been getting on his nerves (She had turned his perfect controlled life upside down)

He pulls her close to him and she  struggles to free herself, horrified. Why did Arnav do this? 

Contrast this with the Arnav's revelation on the terrace when he tells her why he married her. He saves her, and she falls on top of him - they share a moment and his expression changes to disgust.. and he shoves her away from him, calling her characterless

Regarding Marriage:

Arnav did not have any issues regarding traditions etc, he just didn't believe in it - his issue with marriage stemmed from his parents relationship IMO. For him, it meant nothing if two people cannot be faithful to one another there is no point in it. 

If we actually take it from the perspective of religion - Hinduism considers live-in as marriage only. Even in vedic astrology, while seeing if someone has a yoga for more than one marriage they count live in as marriage too. When a woman selects her husband and puts garland around his neck - its also marriage; its called gandharv Vivah.

Interestingly, Arnav-Khushi's marriage is called Rakshash vivah in Hinduism. πŸ˜²

Though the destiny was a factor with Devi Maiiya in the background who decided the course of their true wala love; Arnav never changed himself for Khushi. He did things because she had faith and believed in it - for her. It wasn't coming from him. (This was also to show sanskars to ITV audience) 

Whatever they did with Lavanya however made little sense (especially the dressing up part). The only explanation I have is probably Lavanya, in her wanting Arnav in her life had said "yes" to all his demands without even considering what she wanted for herself. She didn't get the parivarik and sanskari upbringing in a traditional home and so as someone who has never been exposed to it, she started enjoying it and it was a new phase for her. She finds a true friend in Khushi and gets influenced by her. 

Lavanya hadn't evolved herself completely and wasn't sure what she wanted in life when she moved in with Arnav. She starts to see things clearly later on, it made sense for her to break up with Arnav not for his sake, but also for her own.. cuz she deserved better. 

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
  • Rakshasa marriage – where the groom forcibly abducts the bride against her will and her family's will. (The word Rakshasa means β€œdevil”.) This is essentially marriage by abduction. In cases where the girl is willing to marry the boy but her family is against the alliance, the girl may be abducted and married. It is essential that the girl be willing, because otherwise, the puranas and shastras in The Scripture treat the incident of abduction as with consequent cosmic vengeance and retribution. Although the marriages of Krishna-Rukmini and Arjuna-Subhadra seem like Rakshasa Vivaah, they were actually Gandharva Vivahaah, because in all of which cases the girl was willing and the results were good.

No abduction though.. only push and pull πŸ˜†

IPodcastKKND thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

HEy ! Loved this.

I was listening to your podcast last night and absolutely agree with it.

Khushi- Lavanya- Arnav fiasco was really crazy.. he just couldn't get away from Khushi.. haunted him everywhere, and later he had to deal with two of them. Also, it was almost like Arnav knew she would influence her, maine kaha tha uski tarah mat ban jaana πŸ˜†

Khushi had also crossed the line before, "Aapki bhi amma aur babuji ne shaadi ki hogi". She of course doesn't know about his parents but it was still way out of line. Seedha, danke ki chot par vaar. He reacts childishly by dropping her in the mud and leaving her in the middle of nowhere.

Post marriage there is another incident where she is after his life to call her mom Amma. She knows his mother is no more and how much her memory haunts him. Why, Khushi, Why?

If you ask me, yes Arnav ends up hurting her physically/ emotionally  and its not right. But we give little credit to him, being an impatient and aggressive person - how much he puts up with. They both drive each other up the wall. For me, they are equally abusive to each other, unknowingly. 

Also, I was wondering if while writing the "badatameezi toh maine abhi shuru nai ki ha". What did the writer have in mind?

TBH - I as a person, have that instinct too. I would be infuriated when someone calls he something I not, going to the extent of showing the other person what those words really meant. Of course, its not ok but rage/ anger is a very destructive force - its hollow. Once it's exhausted, it burns everything and there is nothing left. Calling someone characterless is a big accusation.

He never reflected on it too!! Normally, people with anger issues feel bad later on.. what the hell did I do. Khushi must have really been getting on his nerves (She had turned his perfect controlled life upside down)

He pulls her close to him and she  struggles to free herself, horrified. Why did Arnav do this? 

Contrast this with the Arnav's revelation on the terrace when he tells her why he married her. He saves her, and she falls on top of him - they share a moment and his expression changes to disgust.. and he shoves her away from him, calling her characterless

Regarding Marriage:

Arnav did not have any issues regarding traditions etc, he just didn't believe in it - his issue with marriage stemmed from his parents relationship IMO. For him, it meant nothing if two people cannot be faithful to one another there is no point in it. 

If we actually take it from the perspective of religion - Hinduism considers live-in as marriage only. Even in vedic astrology, while seeing if someone has a yoga for more than one marriage they count live in as marriage too. When a woman selects her husband and puts garland around his neck - its also marriage; its called gandharv Vivah.

Interestingly, Arnav-Khushi's marriage is called Rakshash vivah in Hinduism. πŸ˜²

Though the destiny was a factor with Devi Maiiya in the background who decided the course of their true wala love; Arnav never changed himself for Khushi. He did things because she had faith and believed in it - for her. It wasn't coming from him. (This was also to show sanskars to ITV audience) 

Whatever they did with Lavanya however made little sense (especially the dressing up part). The only explanation I have is probably Lavanya, in her wanting Arnav in her life had said "yes" to all his demands without even considering what she wanted for herself. She didn't get the parivarik and sanskari upbringing in a traditional home and so as someone who has never been exposed to it, she started enjoying it and it was a new phase for her. She finds a true friend in Khushi and gets influenced by her. 

Lavanya hadn't evolved herself completely and wasn't sure what she wanted in life when she moved in with Arnav. She starts to see things clearly later on, it made sense for her to break up with Arnav not for his sake, but also for her own.. cuz she deserved better. 

Oh yes - I remember looking up the kind of weddings in Hinduism and went O.O...

Technically none of these weddings in ITV is legal nor accepted religiously, but ofc people have their ways!

@green - exactly! She really did cross her line over there. Nothing, nothing gives her the right to question about his parents unless they were discussing something that involved them. Also, isn't it naive to assume everyone should marry cause their parents did (it's this kind of moral lecturing and moral policing that I absolutely hated). 

@yellow - I'm getting this feeling that Khushi genuinely thinks of the whole world in her perspective and thinks if she can do this why not someone else. I think she thinks everyone is just like her. If she could call her aunt and uncle as Amma even after her parents died, she doesn't see why Arnav couldn't? *although the thing I appreciate her is the tenderness in which she approached the topic, and that in her argument later she very well separates that yes, she was wrong to have broached this topic given he's very sensitive and she has unintentionally hurt him - but that does NOT excuse his actions, his yelling, screaming and in general terrible behavior* I love she drew the line of her making mistakes but not deserving of bad treatment. 

Ugh, they got some reallllllly good scenes there (I don't think of the other moments in Gupta House πŸ˜Ž)

@purple - NO IDEA. I get it the first time, the second and third.... it's very very contextual and it's saddening that this has been romanticized over the years.

@blue - very true!

@red - exactly! It never really made much sense - I had some hope in the beginning cause the serial was kinda blatant in showing that this is not a 'job' which was often showed through Buaji. Half of the time she and Payal were like how is this job even a job. But yes, the whole Lavanya makeover was a bit dehumanizing and traditionalizing her into a suit, getting to speak softly, suppressing her thoughts, have her sit a particular way and not even be free enough to call Arnav with an endearment in front of others although Shyam literally calls Anjali his 'queen' in front of the family is ok because he's the damaad and La the bahu?

But you know what works out is in the end Nani also realises she has been too tough, and you get that through her lack of intervention in Arnav's life from that point. Unfortunately there's not enough screen time nor a particular scene that shows this so we need to see it through a very subtle lens that the whole family does realise they were wrong in the way they went about La. 

So it's really good that they had a breakup because that kinda shed good light on everything else that was shit. 

Thank you so much for commenting <3 <3

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

@It does NOT excuse his actions, his yelling, screaming and in general terrible behavior* I love she drew the line of her making mistakes but not deserving of bad treatment. 

@purple - NO IDEA. I get it the first time, the second and third.... it's very very contextual and it's saddening that this has been romanticized over the years.

First time, second time , I don't think the badtameezi dialogue had any sexual undertones..it was a blank threat ..3rd time he used it on shyam..but 4th time yes..he tried to exert control on her physically  which I didn't like..

@bold.why even look for an excuse for his terrible behavior?..I wonder when we character analyze them, are we trying to look for justifications or  we r moving towards acceptance of one's flaws ? In my case it's the latter.. that's why I don't question his character , I enjoyed his transformation , he was well within his character most of the times.. that's good writing ..

when he is arrogant , he is arrogant , an arrogant person with a short fuse won't react in an ideal way....he was a deeply flawed person , and no matter what his motivations were , or his past , it can't justify his flaws... Anjali shared the same past but she was different from arnav..khushi also faced a lot of difficulties but she retained her basic loving nature due to her adopted family's influence. . However khushi was more worldly wise than  anjali...

What matters most to me , khushi loved him inspite of his flaws..that's what love is..N it's not toxic .does that mean she lacks self respect..no  , I don't think so....she never let him walk over her ... before payals marriage she realized she has fallen in love with him...but not once did she fell weak in front of him..where he was wrong, he was ..he called her characterless but she knew he didn't mean it , if he really did, he wouldn't be loving her still.. she knew it was a misunderstanding  and shyam is responsible...she  hid the truth  so she was also a part of this mess. .....she fell weak in front of him only after she sensed that he loves her very much n he was willing to give up his life for her. When he fell vulnerable in front of her,  that's when she accepted him with her heart and soul..

He was touched by something as profound as khushis unconditional love  , that's why all the barriers were broken..that's why he fell in love and acknowledged it too , that's why she could break the walls of his heart and find a way through it..that's why she could heal him..before khushi it was only anjali who loved him that way but like I said , khushi was stronger than anjali ..it was khushi alone who questioned him , challenged him, showed him the mirror when he was wrong , in the process , Bring out his real self.

Edited by _charu_ - 2 years ago
IPodcastKKND thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

First time, second time , I don't think the badtameezi dialogue had any sexual undertones..it was a blank threat ..3rd time he used it on shyam..but 4th time yes..he tried to exert control on her physically  which I didn't like..

@bold.why even look for an excuse for his terrible behavior?..I wonder when we character analyze them, are we trying to look for justifications or  we r moving towards acceptance of one's flaws ? In my case it's the latter.. that's why I don't question his character , I enjoyed his transformation , he was well within his character most of the times.. that's good writing ..

when he is arrogant , he is arrogant , an arrogant person with a short fuse won't react in an ideal way....he was a deeply flawed person , and no matter what his motivations were , or his past , it can't justify his flaws... Anjali shared the same past but she was different from arnav..khushi also faced a lot of difficulties but she retained her basic loving nature due to her adopted family's influence. . However khushi was more worldly wise than  anjali...

What matters most to me , khushi loved him inspite of his flaws..that's what love is..N it's not toxic .does that mean she lacks self respect..no  , I don't think so....she never let him walk over her ... before payals marriage she realized she has fallen in love with him...but not once did she fell weak in front of him..where he was wrong, he was ..he called her characterless but she knew he didn't mean it , if he really did, he wouldn't be loving her still.. she knew it was a misunderstanding  and shyam is responsible...she  hid the truth  so she was also a part of this mess. .....she fell weak in front of him only after she sensed that he loves her very much n he was willing to give up his life for her. When he fell vulnerable in front of her,  that's when she accepted him with her heart and soul..

He was touched by something as profound as khushis unconditional love  , that's why all the barriers were broken..that's why he fell in love and acknowledged it too , that's why she could break the walls of his heart and find a way through it..that's why she could heal him..before khushi it was only anjali who loved him that way but like I said , khushi was stronger than anjali ..it was khushi alone who questioned him , challenged him, showed him the mirror when he was wrong , in the process , Bring out his real self.

Thank you so much for your detailed comment and discussion!!!

IPodcastKKND thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPodgbs8I00

Hello everyone, we're back with a new episode analyzing Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND). In this episode S and an old guest, The Nainital Disaster, discuss moments from the show where Arnav fumbles with a much needed apology, Lavanya and Arnav have a massive argument and where Arnav and Khushi exchange emotional words by a Gazebo. 

We hope you like this episode!

IPodcastKKND thumbnail

A few more tags for Episode 18 :D

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPodgbs8I00

Hello everyone, we're back with a new episode analyzing Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND). In this episode S and an old guest, The Nainital Disaster, discuss moments from the show where Arnav fumbles with a much needed apology, Lavanya and Arnav have a massive argument and where Arnav and Khushi exchange emotional words by a Gazebo. 

We hope you like this episode!

Thanks for the tag.

The scene at the Gazebo connected me to Arnav Khushi so deep that I can't get over them even now. 

Coming after watching