Arhi FF: Destiny Games T6 (Chapter 21.2 Updated 19th July) - Page 12

Posted: 2 years ago

This story should be renamed as the longest chase, because forever Arnav kushi seems to be in pursuit of someone or someone is on their trail. From this chapter Geethu has also joined along with them as her daughter is also kidnapped. 

Their search for Ria has landed them in a secluded property where they were ferocious dogs and Kushi always seems to be fearless and daring and she thought she could trick the dogs by feeding them biscuits but this time her trick didn’t work and instead the dogs began chasing them. Hope kushi manages to escape the dogs and on seeing the dogs she was terrified and froze for  a second in the nick of time.

Will wait for next chapter.

Just started with the story. Awesome suspense. Keep it up.

Please update soon. Awesome story.

Waiting for the next update................!!!!!!!!!

Love this story!!!!!

From the author's desk: Hello peeps! hope this update finds you all in good health. A big shout out to all for your wonderful comments and new readers, hearty welcome to you all and thanks for your comments and likes.

I know I have been updating only once a month, now that my work schedule has slightly started to get better, you may expect an update two weeks once  

and oh! the update is a long one, I am hoping that it will make up for the delayed update!

Happy reading!

Chapter 20: The Rescue mission

Part 2: Right on track

“We are being followed” Rajesh told Abhi 

“Yeah, I noticed” Abhi replied with a chuckle “What a pity, our performance didn’t impress them”

“That lady is clever, Sir”

“hmm, don’t we like challenging opponents?” Abhi asked Rajesh with a sly smile 

“Not at a time like this”

“I agree” Abhi said “Time to lose our tail” he said turning to the driver who was also a constable

The constable smiled acknowledging his superior’s orders 

“Jee Saab, understood” 

Within 10 minutes, they were speeding across the highway road, after having tactfully left behind the other vehicle which was caught up at a red signal. 

“Check if we were able to get the location to which she placed that call” Abhi told Rajesh removing his fake beard and turban

“On it already” Rajesh replied “they are sending me the address”

“Excellent” Abhi remarked. 

“Khushi!” Geethu’s shriek split the night sky as she saw her friend almost falling down. 

Khushi’s footwear was not made for running- especially not for this kind of night when she was being chased by ferocious dogs. But she thought she was doing well. Better than Arnav even. In the beginning he was the one pulling her but later he started to fall back. Khushi was proud of her stamina- she was faring better than the one who did regular work outs every day. 

Her pride was flying high until the time when the footwear gave in, her ankle twisted, and she tripped. As she fell forward, she expected the worst fall of her life, except that she had not taken into account the man who was running beside her. 

A steadfast hand gripped her from behind around her midriff, but impact caused her to almost skid towards the ground but for the next few more steps, his hand steadied her.

“Careful” he admonished her the moment they managed to regain their balance, the incident considerably slowed them to a larger extent and the dogs were closing in. 

There was still a good distance to cover. But Khushi started to feel the pain around her ankle when she tried to keep up with him on her own

“Are you alright?” he asked her 

“No, I think I might have twisted my ankle” 

“What happened?” Geethu asked from the gate. 

Arnav looked back at the dogs coming closer to them and he looked around the place. Concluding that they will not be able to make it on time to the gate, he decided the next best course of action.

“Quick, let’s get to that shelter” Arnav said pointing to a dilapidated looking security shelter which was just across them. 

“Is it open? Is it safe?”

“better than standing here until the dogs get us” 

“Alright”

Khushi started to limp towards the shelter

“Let me carry you” he offered.

“What? no, I can manage”

“You will make it worse” he said and without waiting for her answer, in a sweeping motion, he scooped her up over his shoulder as if she was but a weightless object. 

Khushi gave out a yelp of surprise, but as he broke into a run at a steady pace with her on his shoulder that Khushi was amazed at his swiftness in spite of her weight. She lifted her head to look at the approaching dogs growingly aware of the strong muscles that held her in place over his shoulder- she realized how much she was wrong about her stamina being better than his. It struck to her at that moment that he must have slowed down to let her go first and watch her back. She was washed with an ardor of overwhelming affection towards him

He put her down near the security shelter and tried the door. It was locked. 

“What do we do?” 

“The window” he said quickly, he darted towards the dirty window which was slide half open. Looking inside, he nodded at her. “Good to go”

Without any warning, she was again lifted and dropped inside the shelter after which he followed her in. when they tried to close the window slide, they couldn’t as the sliding doors of the window were rusted and stuck and were not closing. 

The window was not very high and for a rottweiler it was going to be a piece of cake.

Arnav turned on the flashlight on his mobile and looked around. There was only one chair which he lifted and temporarily put it in place to keep the dogs from jumping in. 

Soon they heard the dogs barking outside the shelter. He held the chair in place as the rottweilers jumped towards the window and ran around trying to get in somehow. 

As Arnav and Khushi looked at each other, Khushi broke into a lament about her stupidity. 

“I am sorry- it was all my fault, and we are trapped here”

“Don’t be silly” he told her “it’s not your fault that you got hurt. We hadn’t expect that our evening will require run and chase.”

She knew he was being nice to her. There was no way that she could have expected that the day would turn out like this when they started from Shantivan that afternoon. Otherwise, she would have come better equipped for the run. But it was solely her over confidence that made her think that she would be able to handle the dogs like she used to with the dogs on the streets of Delhi. He risked himself for her sake and he was also stuck here because of her. 

A few minutes later, the barking of the dogs started to grow distant. Arnav left the chair sit between the window sill and turned to her, turning the flashlight on the lone table.

“Come sit here and show me your ankle”

“It’s the least of the problems. First, we need to find out a way to get out of here. We need to get to the girls…”

“Everything else can wait” he said, making her sit on the table and crouching down to have a look at her ankle with the help of the flashlight. 

Anjali looked down on the papers that she was asked to sign and looked up at Raju. 

“Sign it soon or I will drop her down the window” he said showing Riya and gesturing to drop her down the open window. 

“Don’t bluff” she said coolly

Raju gestured to the other man who was standing guard towards Riya, who promptly went to the little girl and picked her up.  Riya started to yell, kicking her legs violently, demanding to be dropped down. “Put me down”

“Stop fidgeting or I might drop you out of the window” Raju said, as he held her roughly by both her ankles and held her up-side down outside the window.

Riya was petrified and started to scream more shrilly. 

“You, wicked man” Anjali gasped “Don’t you dare”

“Shall I drop?” Raju smiled cruelly.

“please no!”

“then sign it fast” he told Anjali “and then I will let you both go”

Anjali pulled the sheets towards her and hastily scribbled her sign in every sheet 

“Let her go!” 

“If I let her go, she will crash head first” Raju laughed

“I signed it all, give her to me, otherwise I will tear these sheets”

Raju put the girl down on the floor as the other man collected the papers from Anjali, checked the sheet for her signature and signaled to him that everything was fine. 

Raju nodded as he took the paper and they both went out of the room, carrying the papers and locking the door behind them

As Anjali scooped the crying child in her arms and consoled her, a wild idea stuck her. 

“This is the place” Rajesh informed Abhi 

The building they approached stood sandwiched between a cemetery and a local day market for fresh produce, which was deserted due to the time of the day, the building was dark, shady and desolated against the fading sunlight in the horizon. 

“Alright guys, we know the plan, now take position” Abhi informed his team as the police-men dispersed around the building.

Abhi and Rajesh had been able to lose the tail that was following them, while the technical team was able to find out the location of the phone to which Nirmala connected to when they were at her house. 

Anticipating Bento and his men to be in that building at the end of this search and with an objective to rescue the girls, Abhi and his team approached the building that was currently standing at the address indicated to them. 

“Team, Stealth mode” Rajesh commanded just as a shrill voice of a child split the air. 

Abhi stood rooted to spot, because he recognized who that voice belonged to

“No” he gasped and a moment later, he rushed forward into the building. Rajesh and his team had to replan on the run and follow suit as they were all too loyal to let their boss go in there alone.

“It will hurt a bit”

Khushi pressed her hand on his shoulder as Arnav carefully tweaked her ankle to the right. 

“aah”

“better?” he asked as looked up at her. 

She nodded at him

As they looked into each other’s eyes, Khushi suddenly realized the position of her hands still enfolding shoulder and hastily sat up straight, taking her hand from his shoulder and then trying to take her leg that was resting on his knees, enclosed by his hands.

But he held on to her heel, not letting her pull her leg, startling her.

“Won’t you thank me?” he asked in a playful tone

“Thanks” she muttered still looking dazed at him. She could make out his mischievous grin under the faint glow of light dispelled by the flashlight of his mobile.

“Beautiful anklets” he commented stroking the anklet that she was wearing, giving her goosebumps. 

“My mother’s” she whispered. 

They stared at each other momentarily forgetting the fact that there were dogs barking outside their cabin, that Geethu was stuck outside and waiting for them and more importantly, they have to rescue the girls whom they believed to be held captive somewhere inside this compound. 

A rough knock pushed them out of their blissful reverie. 

At first Khushi thought that someone was knocking the door. The dogs were still barking but it now sounded distant. 

“Have the dogs gone away?”

“Who is at the door?”

Alarmed, Khushi tried to stand up but he gestured her not to. 

“Stay here” he said as he moved to the window to look out. Holding the chair in place, he checked the entrance on the other side

“There is no one here” he said peeping out

The knock sounded again, this time there was a sharp call of name

“Arnav?” 

Then they realized that the knock had come on the other side of the cabin, the side which was facing the road. 

As Arnav lifted the small window pane that allowed him to look outside. He saw Geethu standing there.

“What happened?” she asked

“She sprained her leg” he told her 

“What a time to get an ankle sprain” she sighed

“I know” muttered Khushi from the table.

“Are you alright Khushi?” Geethu asked

“I am Ok” came the reply

“Where are the dogs?” Arnav asked

“By the gate, trying to come out and attack me” Geethu said. “For now, I have put the chains back on to the gate and they are trying hard to open the gate, they are pounding against it”

“It’s not safe for you to stand here then, the chain can give in anytime”

“I know, give me the keys” Geethu said “I have a plan”

As Arnav gave her the car keys, Geethu continued. 

“I will take the car and wait for the dogs to break open the gate. Once they break free, I will start the car and drive a bit into the lane… I am sure they will follow me for a short distance. Wait till I signal you, then get out and chain the gate closed. The dogs will not be able to get in again and you can go in and check this location”

Geethu handed Anjali’s phone to Arnav. 

“Ok, help me lift this pane a bit more” Arnav said

“Why?”

“Khushi cannot walk, if she manages to get out, she can sit in the car with you”

“No, I am coming with you”

“Your leg is sprained”

“Walking helps relieving the pain” Khushi argued

“She is right” Geethu told Arnav, we have walked for kilometers after getting our legs sprained during training days. “if she says she can walk, trust her, besides, the window is too small for her to get out”

“Thanks Geethu” Khushi said jubilantly as Arnav sighed at her.

“I have a pain relief spray in my first aid box, can you fetch it for me?”

“that’s not needed” Khushi protested

“yeah right!” came a sarcastic reply.

“Righto” Geethu said laughing “Will be back in a moment”

“There should be a crepe roll too” 

“I don’t have a fracture” Khushi muttered but he ignored her.

A couple of minutes later, she came back to hand over the spray and the bandage.

“We need to figure out a way to get out as well once we are done checking out this place” Arnav said “The dogs will be outside”

“I will figure out something by the time you come” Geethu promised as she sprinted again towards the car. 

She turned back and signaled Riya to keep quiet. 

Anjali went towards the window and peeped out into the dark night. She realized that this window was at the back of the house and down below was the backyard. This is the best chance to escape. 

She thought of all the adventures of Payal before her wedding to Akaash and more recently the adventures of Khushi and Arnav … They had jumped through balconies to rescue the girls… 

Steading herself, she turned to Riya

“Riya Jaanu, do you know Spider man?”

“Yes, I have watched Spider man movie”

“We are going to do the same stunt as him… Ok?”

Riya stared back at Anjali with terrified eyes. 

“Are we going to go down that way?” she asked

“We have no other way” Anjali said “But don’t be scared, I am there with you”

“How can we go down this way, there are no steps”

Anjali peeped outside again. There were a set of dirty drainage pipes that passed closer to that window all through the building to the ground. 

They may be slippery or rusted, they may not hold both their weights and they didn’t have any foot holds. But then, they were only on the first floor… even if she broke the pipe,  hopefully, the fall wouldn’t be too rough. 

Thinking quickly, she looked at herself to see what are the things that she could use… her shoelaces, her stole and her belt. Deciding what she should do, she turned to smile at Riya. 

“We don’t have steps, but we have a slide… hold on to me tight Ok? We are going down”

Anjali was sitting on the windowsill with her legs hanging out as Riya clung to her back. She used her stole to tie them both together. unfortunately the stole was too silky to hold the knot.

She sighed but decided that it should do and took her shoelaces next to make a big loop that she had taken around the pipe and put both her feet into the two ends of the loop. She put her belt as well around the pipe and held wrapped the two ends around her hands. 

Tugging at the belt with both hands, she called out to Riya.

“Ready Riya?”  she asked 

“Hmm” 

“Ok, here we go” she said, “hopefully plan 1 works” and then she swung herself out of the windowsill, hoping her rough-and-ready strings and the pipe will hold both their weight. 

“Don’t put too much weight on that leg” Arnav told Khushi. 

The events got executed exactly as Geethu had predicted. Within minutes they heard the gate crashing open and the dogs running out charging at Geethu who had been provoking the dogs while she sat inside the car. 

As the dogs chased her car, she gave a missed call to Arnav and he promptly got out of the security cabin and within minutes, he had chained the doors closed. As an extra measure, he took out a rod that he found in the security cabin and put it across the handles to keep the doors intact. That should give them extra protection if the dogs tried getting in again. 

By that time, Khushi had helped herself out of the cabin and they started to walk towards the location that was blinking on Anjali’s phone. 

“I am fine” Khushi assured him for the third time since they started walking. 

“You could have waited here while I checked the location” 

“I don’t want to be sitting there. I will die of anxiety.”

“Khushi, imagine if there are thugs out there, then you being there would complicate things.”

“If there are thugs there, then you may need extra hands” she retorted.

He sighed loudly. 

“Are you going to fight them with your half-baked kungfu?”

“How do you know there will be thugs out there somewhere?”

“If the girls are locked up somewhere there, it’s fairly stupid for anyone who has kept them captive to not think of putting up extra security. If there are no one else guarding the place, I doubt the girls are here in this place”

“There were dogs guarding the place”

“were they enough?”

“If there was a gang keeping guard, what were they doing when there was so much commotion… I mean the dogs were going crazy, anyone could have come to check what was the matter”

“Dogs keep doing that all the time… they get excited with even rats in the field… that wouldn’t prompt anyone to come looking for why they make such a racket” Arnav explained to her. 

As they were approaching the location, they realized Arnav’s prediction was right, they could hear voices. As they neared a little more, they could clearly see a group of rough looking men sitting on top of rubble and upturned wooden boxes – drinking and singing wild songs as a pile of wooden logs at the center of their gathering was lit and was only source of light. 

“That’s Bento” Khushi said “that one in blue shirt”

Arnav pointed to Khushi, to a set of makeshift cabins that were usually set up in construction site to store materials and tools. 

“One of those cabins may have the girls” he whispered. “that’s the location I can see on the screen”

“The cabins are just across the men”

“You can see those vehicles there?”

Khushi nodded noticing a few vehicles parked to the right side. The cabin and the vehicles were separated by a wide range of building construction materials that were mostly enveloped by darkness. One of the cabins had a lone light bulb that lit the place, apart from that, the only other light source in this place was the campfire amidst the men. But surrounding wasn’t exactly dark though, the distant lights of the resort hotel next to it gave a lighter hue to the entire place. 

“We have to stay in the shadows and if we manage to reach those vehicles unnoticed, we should be able to get to the cabin without attracting much attention- we have good range of things for coverup” Arnav told her. 

“The cabin door is in the good view of those men, and is well lit” Khushi noticed.

“something will materialize, let’s get there first.” he told Khushi 

As the policemen rushed inside, the men inside were taken by surprise at first. But soon, the men sobered up. When one of them demanded the police why they rushed in, firmly pointing out that they were just having fun. 

“What have guys been upto, we just heard a scream”

“It could from the TV” some other man pointed out. 

“search the place” Abhi ordered his men. 

“Do you have search order?” Raju who came down asked. 

The policemen in the front paused a bit. 

“Search!” Abhi told his men again as he glared at Raju. 

Raju’s men then broke into a fight with the police. 

Raju quickly squeezed past his men and started up the stairs. ‘Sam Saab’ was still in the building and if he got caught, their entire operation will be jeopardy. Not to mention, their promised twice the pay will also be dampened. 

Thinking quickly, he ran up to alert Sam Saab. 

“Geethu, you need to bring help” Arnav whispered to his friend over phone “there are too many people to handle here” 

As soon as he cut his phone, he looked at Khushi. 

She nodded at him, gesturing that she was ready. As they sneaked closer to the vehicle, the darkness around enveloped them. 

About 15 minutes later, the two were crouching next to the vehicles. 

The moment they reached the vehicles, Khushi tugged his shirt.

“What if the girls are in one of the vehicles?”

“Possible, let’s check those first”

There were three vehicles in total. An open jeep, a SUV and a battered ambassador car. 

The jeep had no enclosed space to hide 4 girls. Arnav tried the SUV’s door. It swung open. It wasn’t locked. He peeped in and then quietly shut it without making any noise. 

He looked back at Khushi “they are not in this” he whispered to her “The doors aren’t locked, and the key is in the dashboard, there is no way they would keep the girls and keys together. 

“Ok… the Ambassador then”

“That’s the riskiest one” Arnav told her. The Ambassador car was parked out a bit in the front and got most of the light from the campfire in the direct view of the men.

“I know”

They crept towards the ambassador car. 

It was locked. 

“Any chance the girls are locked up here?”

“Get out your infamous Lock picker” Arnav told her 

“I didn’t bring it today, but I have this” she said as she pulled out her hairpin as she grinned at him. 

“That’s not going to help unlock the trunk” he whispered back. “We can try the car door though”

They both sat down at the ground, with their backs to the trunk of the car. 

It was at that moment that a banging noise came up from the trunk silencing them with shock. 

The men must have heard it too for they paused shortly and one of the men shouted 

“Hey, won’t you both keep quiet?” he threatened “next time I hear any noise, I will spank you”

“Someone in the group passed a vulgar comment and the men laughed.

More banging noise followed and with a popping sound one of the rear lights got hurled as if someone inside kicked it out. 

The light hit the rubble very close to where Arnav and Khushi crouched and shattered to pieces. 

This caught the attention of the men and one of them got up and came near the car. 

Not getting enough time to hide, Both of them lay low on the ground on the other side of the car which gave them a bit of shadow for hiding. 

As they lay hoping against hope that they are not caught, they heard the man banging his almost empty bottle of glass on top of the trunk. 

A second later, a few of the shattered pieces of glass were showered on them. 

“If I hear another sound, I will take you both out and break the bottle on both your heads next” the man threatened as the others laughed. 

Arnav and Khushi stared at each other. 

2 of the girls were here, in the trunk. 

Where are the other 2?

Which two are here?

Just as they were thinking, the man who had approached the vehicle asked

"What's that?"

Arnav and Khushi on the other side froze. 

“Get the girls, just in case the police have surrounded the house, I want them as hostage before I make an escape” Sam said as he secured the signed papers into his laptop bag and made a quick getaway 

A minute later, when Raju and the other man opened the door, they were shocked to find the room empty. 

Raju quickly checked the open window and noticed that the girls were making their way down the pipe. How dare they escape under his nose?

“Hey!” he said trying to grab them both, but unfortunately for Riya, he got hold of her and pulled her up. The silky stole gave away even in spite of Anjali’s and Riya's resistance. 

“No!” Anjali screamed as Riya was pulled away from her

“She is enough for us to get away” Raju said and left the place with Anjali hanging there. 

“where is the other girl?”

“She is escaping down the pipe”

“You let her go?”

“We will be down before she can reach and moreover, we have the child”

Shaking his head at the stupidity of the men that he had hired to do this job, he rushed down the other stairs that will take him to the backyard of the house. He can make a quick escape from there. 

If Abhimanyu saw him today, he was done. All his years of planning will go waste. 

“I need to cover my face”

“I will get you a mask”

Anjali sensed it before it happened. Her struggle to hold on to Riya had significantly weakened the rusty holders keeping the pipe bound to the wall and they started giving away one by one and the pipe separated itself from its hold and started to fall away from the building along with the two of them. 

“Oh no no no…”

But soon, the upper part of the pipe hit the branch of the tree which was just outside the compound of the house as Anjali hung from the pipe with Anjali’s hands and feet still holding on to the pipe. 

“No, this night cannot get worse” she thought. 

She has already lost Riya and she is now hanging in a position from where she cannot even go down.  Though the fall gave her a temporary respite, the pipe had broken halfway through which meant that she was still on the higher side and the slide wasn’t too steep to bring her weight down smoothly as she had imagined.  

Anjali twisted herself to slide down, but no use. Carefully slipping off her legs down, and holding the ends of the belt with her hands, Anjali let her legs down. 

She was contemplating if it will be too much of a height to let go off her hand. 

Just at the moment, the door to the back side of the house opened up. Anjali saw three men running outside along with Riya who was screaming “Daddy” on top of her voice and she could hear the ruckus inside. 

With a jolt she realized that the police have arrived. The open door let her estimate how high she was above the ground. Thankfully, she was not that high.

The men were trying to get away. Anjali recognized the tall and young man who was masked with a black cloth along with Raju and the third man who tied her up…

The men were being chased by someone– To Anjali's relief, she recognized Abhi!

“Daddy!” Riya kept shouting

“Stop or we will hurt her” the tall man called out putting his revolver to Riya’s head. 

Anjali saw all the Police including Abhi coming to a stand still. 

In an impulsive moment of decision, Anjali spoke up. 

“You should fix your mask first” she said from where she was hanging. 

The abruptness of her voice surprised everyone as they looked up and at that moment, Anjali who was hanging just above the three men, let go of her hands and hurled herself on them including Riya. 

The suddenness of the fall imbalanced the three men, helping Abhi and his men behind him to catch up with them. Riya freed herself and ran towards Abhi.

As they all scrambled up, struggling against each other, Anjali who was closer to the tall masked man tried pulling his mask from his face. 

The man resisted as he stood up trying to free himself as she sprang on his again, but this time, he tackled her and pushed her to the nearby compound wall. 

“How dare you!” 

Abhi handed Riya to one of his staff and rushed outside to help Rajesh who was tackling the three men outside, just in time to see Anjali being slammed against the wall by the masked man again and again 

“Hey!” he screamed as he lunged forward with his revolver at the man, But the man let go of Anjali, swing himself off the compound wall and was gone. 

Abhi ran forward as he saw Anjali slumping to the ground, unconscious. 

To be continued. 

Aha, I did warn you it was long. I should have warned you about high voltage OTT as well 😆 Hope you liked it, will meet you soon with another update! 

Cheers and stay safe!

Vi

Edited by abavi - 2 years ago

Fantastic, while reading many times my breath taken away. But finally I got a relief.

Fantastic......hop everything will turns out to be fine...... Anxiously waiting for next update...

Anjali is best 😄😄 simply superb update...I hope she has seen Sam

An action packed chapter. The police is there but Anjali got hurt.

Anjali tried to look at Sam's face. Did she get a look?