Kangana Ranaut: ‘We need to discourage Hollywood movies

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Actor Kangana Ranaut on Thursday said that there is a need to discourage Hollywood movies and instead promote Indian stories from different languages.

The 34-year-old actor, who was in the national capital to promote her upcoming movie Thalaivii, a biopic on late J Jayalalithaa, said keeping “our people and our industry” a priority is important to “make an Atmanirbhar Bharat”.

“We need to discourage American and English movies as they are taking over our screens. We need to behave like one nation. We need to stop dividing ourselves like North India or South India. We need to enjoy our own films first, be it Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu or Punjabi,” Ranaut told reporters during a press conference.

The actor said Hollywood has destroyed French, Italian, German and other industries by creating a global monopoly.

“This is what they are doing here also… We don’t appreciate each other, and rather see the dubbed versions of Lion King or Jungle Book. But we will not give a dubbed version of a Malayalam film a chance. This will not work in our favour. We must keep our people and our industry our priority. This is the way to make an Atmanirbhar Bharat,” she added.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

OK I agreed with her on the nepotism thing but this is just

Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

First we will ban all the HW/English movies. Then all the regional language movies and be united as one country and watch only Hindi movies. Even with Hindi movies there will be too much diversity & separation because of so many actors, so we will achieve the dream of Akhanda Bharat by eventually banning everything and everyone else except Kangu the Nangu and her stupid movies. 

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She will be Atmanirbhar Kangu😎:Actor,Director,producer,singer,cinematographer,script writer,make up artist and eventually the audience

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

First we will ban all the HW/English movies. Then all the regional language movies and be united as one country and watch only Hindi movies. Even with Hindi movies there will be too much diversity & separation because of so many actors, so we will achieve the dream of Akhanda Bharat by eventually banning everything and everyone else except Kangu the Nangu and her stupid movies. 

🤣

Then she will ban rest of the Indian population from India itself.. 😆

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Why just stop at films, she should also raise her voice against foreign technicians working in Indian films and taking away jobs of Indian technicians like the Hollywood stunt director of Manikarnika and the award winning french cinematographer of Dhakkad. 

Edited by MommaDarling - 2 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

🤣

Then she will ban rest of the Indian population from India itself.. 😆

🤣

And why Hindi? Let's go back to Vedic Sanskrit then 👏

I am a Hindu, but this gives me such second-hand embarrassment 😆

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

i have not met anyone in my life who is ready to pay to watch her for 3 hours 😆

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Watch her change her tune if Hollywood ever asked her to star in one of their movies. 

She is just upset she has never received any such offer especially when rivals like PC and Deepika are getting opportunities whereas her own movies are flopping in India.

Is this her new and contrived excuse to blame her flops on Hollywood and America? I am surprised she is not claiming China is flopping her films on purpose like how they tried to "hack" her Instagram account and silence her voice.

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Ban everything except kangoo movies and her social media posts.