Kareena Kapoor overrated: not more than 13 hits in 20 year career?

Posted: 2 years ago

Kareena Kapoor is overrated.  Her filmography is disastrous and these are her hits below.  Some might argue with me but I am up for the challenge:

Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

Aitraaz

Hulchul

Jab We Met

Golmaal Returns

3 Idiots

Golmaal 3

Bodyguard

Singham Returns

Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Veere Di Wedding

Good Newwz

This is a pathetic career.  Most of the films listed are not hits because of her. 

What do you think? ðŸĪĄ

She keeps herself in news all the time by releasing her family and friends pics on social media. Go MSN India. Every other day you see her photographs or news related to her.

Number of Queen Aishu Hits

HDDCS

Mohabbatein

Devdas

Dhoom 2

Even Jodha Akbar which gets praised to the sky here did average according to BOI 😆 
Kareena did great it comparison .

Edited by Daechwita - 2 years ago

She's a PR made star but then most of the actresses are.

Originally posted by MDNA

Kareena Kapoor is overrated.  Her filmography is disastrous and these are her hits below.  Some might argue with me but I am up for the challenge:

Jab We Met

Veere Di Wedding

Only these two were hits because of her. Most of her hits are films in which she did flowerpot roles.

She's had some great performances over the years, even in films that didn't perform as well as those listed--Dev, Omkara, and Chameli being examples. Her JWM performance was iconic, and she remains the most memorable part of K3G after all this time.

In an industry dominated by male-leads, with few movies tailored to have female-centric roles, and given the short shelf life for Bollywood actresses... I do feel Kareena does not get enough credit on this forum for the ways she has adapted and reinvented herself over the years, which is part of why she's managed to stick around. At a time when Rani and Preity were doing movies with the big banner producers, she was experimenting and working with 'smaller' directors and producers.

People can talk about her PR or social media presence, but yes, part of Kareena's popularity has always been her unapologetic personality that feels authentic, love or hate her. She does have a star aura and quality to her, which most of the younger crop could only dream of matching. Heck, so many of them still try to mimic Kareena and her "Poo" character.

Originally posted by Daechwita

HDDCS

Mohabbatein

Devdas

Dhoom 2

Even Jodha Akbar which gets praised to the sky here did average according to BOI 😆 

You forgot Guru, Taal, Josh, and some others.  So you need to go back and do the analysis again. ðŸ˜‰

Originally posted by MDNA

You forgot Guru, Taal, Josh, and some others.  So you need to go back and do the analysis again. ðŸ˜‰

Guru -Average

Taal-Semi-Hit

Josh - Average

Next!

Guru -Average

Taal-Semi-Hit

Josh - Average

Next!

You are so wrong ðŸĪĢ  Guru and Josh are hits according to Box Office India.  And Robot was a hit to.  I think she is equivalent to Kareena 

HDDCS

Mohabbatein

Devdas

Dhoom 2

And you forgot Ae Dil Hai Mushkil to!

Next ðŸĪŠ