One year - A Shivi OS [Updated and Complete]

Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello, 

So this has been running around my mind for a while now. The current track of his hate has pushed me to writing this. Hope you all enjoy it. 

The usual spiel 

A) No intention to copy anyone's work if it is similar high five to having awesome thoughts. 

B) Let me know if it is similar and I'll read and acknowledge 

PS: I have written something loosely similar to this on another couple a few years back. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss.M thumbnail

She was finally done. It had been too much for too long and she decided that it wasn’t acceptable anymore. They needed to solve this once and for all. Her friends would laugh at her naivety of wanting to stay back, but would also encourage her to leave. What she knew was, if she did tell them, that they would talk behind her back; pitying her - The most beautiful girl in Somnath, no longer living with her husband. And that was not acceptable to her. So she left, quietly, when everyone was busy elsewhere, after all they all had bigger problems to deal with, who would worry about her. 

He had searched for her all over town. Wandering like a madman; he’d asked his friends and hers and everyone in between if they had seen her, but like a breeze that goes unnoticed till the sultry heat overcomes the senses, he never realised her importance in their lives. Dejected, he walked back home, knowing that it was another day wasted looking in the same place and vowing to try harder again tomorrow.

The shrill ring of the phone broke the silence. Dhara picked up the phone and listened. Giving monosyllabic replies, she gave a sad smile and cut the phone. She whispered to Maa who looked relieved and asked her to take her to the room. Shiva had watched from the balcony upstairs and knew it was time to have a conversation.

“Is she okay?”

“What do you think, Shiva?”

“I know she is fine but I don't know if she’s okay”

“She will be. She needs time.”

“Can I talk to her?”

“She’s asked me not to give you her number. We need to respect her wishes. I’ll pass on a message if you want?”

“It has been three months bhabhi, I miss her.”

“I’ll tell her that then. Don’t worry Shiva, she will talk to you one day.”

She played with the children, making them laugh. Out of breath she sat on the bench and watched over her charges. She heard the whispering. It had been a constant buzz for the past six months. Why would a married girl come to an orphanage and not have her husband visit at least. Something was wrong. 

But how could she explain that her heart was with her husband. She just needed the physical distance for a little longer. Sighing, she thought of her husband and decided she would call home again today. It was still that. Home. And maybe she would hear his voice as she spoke to Dhara bhabhi.

She knew he wanted to talk to her. She did too, but her feelings were still tangled, a mix of hate and remorse; but increasingly of love and longing and till the remorse of their disastrous marriage and sham relationship didn’t diminish, she had to stay strong. 

He could hear her, faintly. He had started listening in everytime she called and he appreciated that Dhara bhabhi would let him. Sometimes it was unavoidable if Krish or Dev were around and he would have to make small talk with them, then Dhara would tell him what she had spoken about, without him asking. 

Shiva still subconsciously looked for her everyday, hoping she would come through the door unannounced, bouncing off her feet and talking a mile a minute, with that annoying, no endearing, smile on her face. He had accepted it, he missed her and he felt something for her, but till she came back, he refused to accept those feelings, cocooning his heart in false promises that they were nothing. 

He was meant to be working, but he stared off in the distance as though searching for the end of the horizon, knowing it was futile as he would never reach it. His phone interrupted his thought and without looking he picked up. To silence. 

"Hello...hello… are you going to speak or has someone cut off your tongue? Look you'd better answer or I'm disconnecting the call" 

"Shiva!"

It was her. It had been nine months since he had heard her actual voice and not the one ringing in his ears and with a sigh of relief her name came out as the acceptance of a prayer that had been fulfilled. 

"Raavi." 

He waited with bated breath to see if she would continue.

"How are you?" 

"I'm… I'm good. What about you?" 

"I'm fine. What have you been up to? How is the store and everyone at home?" 

"Not much, just the same. Work and home. Work is busy. The store is gaining more popularity since we opened the second branch a few months ago. Dev and Rishita handle that store and they're pregnant. I'm sure Dhara bhabhi has told you everything." 

"She has, but it's nice to hear your voice...Okay I need to go… Take care."

Wait… can I call you later?"

"This is someone else's phone, Shiva. I'll call you again next week."

They spoke exactly four times before he managed to convince her to get a phone for herself. And each time they had spoken their conversation had lengthened. 

She felt like she had gotten her wish. Even though they had known each other for forever, they spoke as though they were strangers and as unconventional as it was, they got to know more about each other in the past three months than the superficial knowledge they had of each other in their whole lifetime. 

"It's been one year, Raavi. When can we meet?" 

"Soon. There is just one thing I need to finish before I come back." 

"What is it? I think you can tell me now." 

"How about I show you?" 

"What do you mean? Raavi I can't wait any longer. Let me come pick you up. Just tell me where you are. I love you and I want you back…Hello….Raavi, are you still there?" 

All he heard was a beep, cutting the call off. Running his hand through his hair, he turned to throw his phone when he saw her. She was here. In front of him. In person. After a whole year of wishing and wanting her back she stood in front of him, looking like the Raavi he knew before marriage. Happy. 

She had waited and waited that he would say those words to her and when he didn't she decided to tell him her feelings herself. She had wanted to surprise him, but he had given her a bigger gift than he could ever imagine; his heart and soul. 

He blinked. And blinked again as she ran into his arms, stumbling back a few steps, she hugged him tight and whispered in his ear, 

"I love you too Shiva!" 

Miss.M thumbnail

Jaanu meri jaan.. Here you go as promised.

Palak2812 thumbnail

This is soo beautiful 

Loved it 

sunsaathiyaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail + 2

love this so much 🥺❤️

please teach me how to write :))

ValleyOfPeace thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3