PS|EDT 53|Shiva Ki Khasi aur FuFu, MahaSaas Ki Aarti & Dev ko Lage Hai - Page 96

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Scarysea thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: funny_fubar

We are essentially a product of our upbringing and our environment- with friends playing a strong part in shaping our views and attitudes.

=== Anecdote alert 🚨, skip if required 

I remember when I was in middle school(was an introvert with essentially 1-2 friends at any given point) I had a friend who was into boy bands and film gossip, make up(normal MS stuff). And hence, I was absorbed into that world completely without a care in the world. She had to leave school and I was heartbroken (total filmy style rona dhona 😆)

Come HS, I got a friend who was downright serious, bookish and focused on studies/career. And voila, Ingot sucked into Ayn Rand and career planning and god knows what all high level stuff(man, we were so full of ourselves 🤣). In a matter of a year, my own mom could not recognize me 🤣

====

What I am trying to say is, Raavi being the vain, airhead and being into looks and Prince Charming BS did not come out of vaccum. She was already brought up by Maami, who cannot look past the outer beauty of anyhting in life. She probably had 1-2 friends like in the precap, who created an echo chamber, and reinforced these notions of beauty 
and eligibility of boys. 

I am willing to bet a month's salary, that while Raavi on her own is a sweet caring soul, in the company of her friends, would probably mercilessly tease and badmouth  Shiva. Her friend saying "Kirane ki Dukaan"(KKD) is such a common BFF trait- you gang up against your friend's perceived enemy and use the same words repeatedly to bash them. ( We are ourselves like that 😃 Look at the way we troll Dev or Maami. Go back a few threads  and you will see a pattern of bashing that is out own "internal joke"). KKD is probably Raavi and her friends internal joke.

And if you think an astute kid like Shiva did not realize that he is being teased by Raavi and co, you are kidding yourself. I was (and probably am) a clueless idiot as a kid, but I knew exactly which girls were teasing me behind my back 🤷‍♀️

So, I am strongly convinced, that Shiva's hatred for Raavi was not completely blind. Yes, it probably started with a somewhat baseless connection to Maami(still makes sense to me, if a relative of mine is nasty, I would keep my distance from their kids, unless I am proven wrong about them- yes there are a lot of Maamis in my life 😆), but I am pretty sure our not so bholi bacchi was also harping this kirane ki dukaam business while growing up. No guy needs to behave well with a girl who thinks of him that way.(Need not treat her badly too, but story for another day)

When it is Raavi vs Shiva, I am hopelessly biased towards Shiva 🙈 Nothing got to do with how good he looks. Sometimes I wish they got someone little less good looking😐 ( ShiVi fans, don't hit me) 

Great points .. Raavi for all that she is , she has been brought up my maami who sees only the materialistic side of things( even today she was asking to see the jewellery and wanted some for Raavi 🤷‍♀️ .like she doesn't even know Motiben and asking for jewellery )

Next person with an influence on Raavi's life was Anita who broke her wedding and then despite being beautiful she could not get married. Anita till date hears taunts about being unmarried even Maami is relentless to get her married by hook or by crook( trying to forget Anita's newly returned  obsession with Gautam for the moment) 

On top of it Raavi has such friends. I mean even if she was not present for the wedding, did she not even hear about how the Dev and Raavi's marriage broke at the altar? Even if the suicide attempt was not known by many, she could have known that Raavi was very affected . Instead of asking her wellbeing, she started insulting Shiva in the middle of the road pointing out Raavi was stylish and he us not.

Seeing all this , it is a miracle Raavi grew into this sweet caring kind girl. As I had mentioned earlier Raavi needs to grow too. I always felt one of Raavi's biggest faults is she takes things at mere face value. She judges things by appearance mainly and I guess that is her main character arc in Shiva breakdown that she realizes appearances are deceptive and she had always given undue importance to it.

AppleOfEye thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 7

Ye mujhe thoda funny laga😆😂

ItsmePriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Both the Shivi scenes had choppy editing🤢

ItsmePriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AppleOfEye