*moonlight dreams* an os

karry2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

author's note.

all the readers are requested to listen to the song once. I never watch Bollywood movies or pay attention to songs. But while passing by, I watched my parents listening to it. hence I used it..you'll never be able to read this well unless you listen to the above song...

''the stage was lost, as honeyed impressions in heart, lastly were some blur frames and thoughts that remained unstolen in my heart forever ''he said drinking the last glass.

'why was that?'' a somber voice asked.

The crystal wine had its charm, like age. A smile crept on his lips, with his blue eyes he could see some visions floating,'' her dainty eyes, that had hopes, A creepy laughter that mends my day. A charming idea that preps my ideals, how lovely she was...how lovely those days be!''he exclaimed.

''she would swirl her legs, she would hum a song,she would debate the trickest evil customs, all with me''

''phir?''the dark shadow of a little bride said.

the shadow ran with an impish smile as she hid near the french table.

''something like you,just like....''his voice remains cracked as the flickering lights made the shadow escape forever.

''bondita....''he said weakly.

for him, days were another glass of wine, finished, bitter, and infertile. affinity to lose his strength was a guilty pleasure to him. his heavy, dark, bloody eyes were swinging on some past enemities,''tumhe toh chen mila,mughe toh bebasi mili''

''ek khawish hi pei toh dil lgya tha,aur ajj sab kho diya...sabbb''he screamed and threw the glass to break his reflection.

25th July 1931

London, eastern hall.

//convocation day//

the hall was flourishing with charm as the moonlight sky .students, professors, all were gathered in the hall. the lovely dinner plates, the grand piano, the medals all were beaming as stars in heaven. all were dreamy events of life. the young madam was standing even to the french carpet. the silk chocolate dastur wrapped her beauty in a thin jar of compliment, A soothing touch, an extremist ideal to help women, and a lovely charm as a nightingale; she had it all.

A gentleman, little aged as British wine, stood at the corner with a glass of wine.

''gold medilist anirudh''excalimed on of the proffesoors.

and he retreated a smile back.

''barrister bondita das'' a voice said.

she walked to the stage, with a pride that she never possessed. after the infertile rift of eight years,she was to be awarded, she had this only for him.

as she received the certificate, she was asked to imprint a few lines, before she leaves.

holding the mic, to her plumy lips she began,'' ladies and gentleman''

he smirked at her with gloom and resumed drinking.

''mein bondita...'' she was stopped in between

''Madam, you must speak English...you can expect fellow Britishers to understand Hindi''

''but you expect an Indian to speak English..forgive me, sir, those Britishers have spent their lives in draining my country, they should have known this..''

Silence prevailed in the room. all people were chattering, it never happened an event stopped this way.the events proceeded,''miss bondita would be saying in Hindi''

''mein bondita, 8 saal mein 80 ki umr ka var,sati ki lapto se bacha kr,tulsipur ki pheli vidyaly jane wali stree,sab ka karn ek hei barrister nairudh roy choudhry...he saved me,my life...he saved many dreams, along with mine, this degree...this medal...marks,bondita, all is what he dreamed a long ago, I'm nothing but all that my sakha had dreamt...nothing..''

A handful of claps echoed in the grand hall. someone was watching her, and some lone tears were reaching him. his heart was choking,it felt the revenge was unworthy....embracing all the anger he had,he clutched the glass angrily.

as the ceremony proceeded, the piano tuned to entertain the guests. the twilight was a soothing daytime of life, all were chattering. some students were embracing some memories, some were gobbling the delicacies.

''bondita, dear won't you sing an Indian melody for us tonight?..the fold medalist of the year would return her homeland so soon...'' commented professor idrick.

''yes, we're waiting said Anirudh mocking her.

she was surprised both at his presence and anger.she lifted the mic and sang,''chain aapko mila mujhe divangi mili

hosh aapko mila mujhe toh bekhudi mili

phir bhi pyaar aapse hi karta hai dil....''

he stared at her face as if all was a lie.....all was a bloody dream..so sweet so lovely,he never imagined.

Sonali, continued the other verses and students gathered to dance

''chain aapko mila mujhe divangi mili

hosh aapko mila mujhe toh bekhudi mili

phir bhi pyaar aapse hi karta hai dil

chain aapko mila mujhe divangi mili''

she touches his chest gently with her fingers, some unknown alertness went into his body. finding some solace, some guilt, he smiled back to her. he swirled his fingers around her waist and they twirled in the air...with the melody.

the feet were just colliding as their eyes met for a span of time.

rajesh too the mic and joined sonali,''manau toh ise mai kaise yeh dil divana hai na mane

batau toh mai kaise yeh ishk kya hai yeh na jane

shedayi mai tera huwa tujhko nahi hai yeh pata''

he lifted her chin and cupped her soft cheeks.the eyes that laughed with his touch....those movements that went with joy.after ages bondita was in her arms of Sakha babu......

a lone tear escaped his eyes, as he patted her head in between of dance. but a fit of sudden anger pushed his kindness to dark. he pinched her waist, those red marks remained imprint forever.

he was losing his balance, due to the heavy wine...

''jam aapko mila mujhe toh berukhi mili

o ho hosh aapko mila mujhe toh bekhudi mili

phir bhi pyaar aapse hi karta hai dil

chain aapko mila mujhe divangi mili''

she took him to the washroom, to sprinkle some water on him.may be this time,he would realize, he wasn't being unfair with himself but with her.

she wiped off the wine,from his lips.she took some water in her palms,and sprinkled them on his face.

at the next attempt, he clutched her arms tightly.

''ku..kr rhi ho sab..b-o-l-o..''he coughed in between.

''khud nhi jante sakha babu....''

''kya janu..nhi..jao jao yahn se..sab glt ho rha hei..sab...''

''kyu naraz hei apni bondita...ku nhi dete wahi chothi bondita wala pyar...hmm''she cupped him gently.

her smile had a naughty glimpse of younger bondita....her eyes, lips,hands all had grown but resembles of her...exactly.

''koyi kisi pe jan de de koyi kare hai bewafayi

yeh faslo ka dard kya hai yeh janti hai bas judayi

tujhse mili jabse najar divani mai ho gayi

nind aapko mili mujhe toh bebasi mili'' the song was slow but still could be heard from corridors

''ha ha hosh apko mila,mughe toh bekhudi mili..haha lalal....lala...''

''jao...yahn se..mein nhi chtaha hosh mein ana yan kuch smjhna..sab..nhi ana chie tha yahn..''

she moved closer to him and whispered,''ku nhi,sakhi se milne ka koi sahi smy hotha hei kya?agar hotha hei toh pta kese chltah hei?''

he couldn't bear the same soothing voice...the visions were growing darker and haunting him...

''phir bhi pyaar aapse hi karta hai dil'' the song was being played...

the anger enriched his heart to the fullest,''jao yahn se jaoo...''

''nhi...sakha babu,apko mughse nazre churani pde yeh nhi sekh skti..me..''

THUD! five fingers were harshly imprinted on her cheeks with a red mark...she had tears in her eyes, something which pained her for eight years.

Anirudh looked at his hand and her cheeks in surprise and guilt.

''ajj ek vada krta hun,kabhi hath nhi uthaunga tumhra skha hokr bhi aur guru hokr bhi....''

the irony of love is the absence of it.

''chain aapko mila mujhe divangi mili

ha ha ha hosh aapko mila mujhe toh bekhudi mili''

''bondita,dekho...''

she pushed him back and he felt in the unknown hole of guilt that......

all his dreams were shattered.

7 years later........

''bondita, be quick today is the graduation ceremony.....you'll be late dear''said, miss Eva

''I wnt be late..never..'' she wiped the last tears

'he knew the song in her heart as he often sang to her as her memories failed'

I wasn't mad while penning this but Some thoughts made me write this...

I hope you enjoyed it, It was a dream of Anirudh and nothing more.

the song is from the comedy movie hungama. if u don't listen to the song u will understand nothing