Urmila Matondkar or Manisha Koirala or Juhi Chawla: The best actress? - Page 2

Poll

Who is the best actress out of these 90's heroines?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Urmila.. There is no competition. She was undoubtedly the best of her generation but sadly couldn't get the kind of success she deserved. When it comes to acting she can eat up the scene completely that's how powerful she is as a performer and cherry on top is that she was conventionally pretty as well. To me she resembled  Rachel from earlier seasons of Friends

Edited by ninny - 2 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ninny

Urmila.. There is no competition. She was undoubtedly the best of her generation but sadly couldn't get the kind of success she deserved. When it comes to acting she can eat up the scene completely that's how powerful she is as a performer and cherry on top is that she was conventionally pretty as well. To me she resembled  Rachel from earlier seasons of Friends

I really liked her movie "kaun".

lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

All three were good in their own spaces - Juhi was good at comedy and bubbly/fun roles, Manisha at serious / dramatic roles and Urmila at the sensual / sexy in Rangeela phase and (later in her career) dramatic roles like Pinjar/Kaun/Pyar Tune Kya Kiya. 

I think Juhi coasted on her friendships with SRK/Aamir/Aziz Mirza/David Dhawan and didn't really plan her career much - took each movie as it came, and rejected DTPH and Raja Hindustani cuz of ego issues etc. Manisha lost track of her career when her addictions took over and faded away, only to come back in recent years with Sanju and Dear Maya etc, and Urmila has turned to politics with the stints in Congress and now Shiv Sena I guess.

That being said, the 90s actresses were the ones who could all at least ACT. Even in their bad movies they are usually the least bad part about the movie. Less said about comparing to today's "actresses" the better. Sara showed how her lack of acting skills in LAK2020, Janhvi is too wooden and while Ananya isn't "bad", she's nowhere at the level of actresses we've seen from the 90s onwards.

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Juhi for me, just love her!

JayaBachan thumbnail

Oh this is a tough one. I personally love Juhi, her comic timing is terrific. In terms of acting range, I’d say Urmila is definitely a stronger all-round actress. She’s been terrific in genres such as drama, thriller and horror. 

I’m not much of a fan of Manisha. She acts like she suffers from hay fever. I develop flu-like symptoms whenever I see her onscreen 😆