5431 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hey so I barely watch any other shows, so just had a question. Are all ITV male leads like Virat- completely useless and misogynist? Or is it only in this show that it’s so bad?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 5431

Hey so I barely watch any other shows, so just had a question. Are all ITV male leads like Virat- completely useless and misogynist? Or is it only in this show that it’s so bad?

Uhh. I hate to break it to you, but I'd say 99% of the time, yes. 🤣💔 Sorry. 

Maybe not useless AND misogynist - you may find they can be one or the other. It's probably more rare to find both in one character. Often time the uselessness or misogyny will be explained away with "he misunderstood her" . I think this is why Virat has become so worthy of all this backlash - he has no misunderstandings about her, there is no "noble" cause for Virat (in ITV the ML will often justify his need to be useless & misogynist due to a "noble" cause - i.e. revenge plot for a loved one, etc.).  He's this way because he's too chicken to own up to the issues he caused.  

DJ_3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

It depends on the show but ya the constant abuse and misogyny is not normal or should be promoted.👎🏼

There are other shows that have better ML redemption and learning from mistakes, even on starplus. I cannot comprehend so little character growth for ML. I am sure if the show was not on prime time on a popular channel, it would have unwatchable long ago.🤪

NoraSM thumbnail

ITV audience is problematic to be honest 

Right now most of the top shows are about forced marriage, India forums released an article on the topic too

Its like consent before marriage is not a thing, Women are the biggest audience so I wonder if they romanticize being forced into a marriage?

Then these women, even if they are educated like Pakhi and Independent+educated+ brave like Sai, they forget their self worth and self respect for a man 🤢

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Yes, most of them are like that. They have some cock and bull pathetic back story which forces them to behave in a brash and misogynistic way but then the kind-hearted and very patient FL comes along and changes him for the better and 'fixes him.' There have been very few good and wholesome MLs and as a result very few wholesome relationships. Couples like ArShi from IPKKND are the gold standard for romance in TV but if anything, the success of that show only enabled the creation of more toxic and aggressive males and relationships. Seldom do you see flawed yet pure, kind and supportive MLs like Mohan Bhatnagar from Na Bole Tum, Suraj Rathi from Diya-Baati or Shivraj Shekhar from Balika Vadhu.

Unfortunately, ITV made Kabir Singh type males cool even before Kabir Singh was cool.

idkwhattoput thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: I-Am-SherLOCKED

Yes, most of them are like that. They have some cock and bull pathetic back story which forces them to behave in a brash and misogynistic way but then the kind-hearted and very patient FL comes along and changes him for the better and 'fixes him.' There have been very few good and wholesome MLs and as a result very few wholesome relationships. Couples like ArShi from IPKKND are the gold standard for romance in TV but if anything, the success of that show only enabled the creation of more toxic and aggressive males and relationships. Seldom do you see flawed yet pure, kind and supportive MLs like Mohan Bhatnagar from Na Bole Tum, Suraj Rathi from Diya-Baati or Shivraj Shekhar from Balika Vadhu.

Unfortunately, ITV made Kabir Singh type males cool even before Kabir Singh was cool.

Neil Khanna of Naamkaran was good (before separation track). 

bubbly12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 5431

Virat is like God in front of other ITV male leads. Most of the MLs barring few are just statutes and just watches all the tamasha going in the house. They hardly get 1 or 2 dialogues in each episode. Poor them

LiNdASoUmZ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Star plus barely have any show if I remember where male lead are supportive and understanding ..Sony TV shows are better smooth and realistic comparison to high voltage drama shown in other channels...

I find Abir from yrhpk as an unique example but in itv character are tend to change and at some point you will not find any male lead ideal ... ..though I was huge fan of Ipkknd Arnav was aggressive and used to manhandled not a good husband / boyfriend..

Asur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: I-Am-SherLOCKED

I know you have written a very sensible post. But I see Mohan's name and I click on the love button 🙈❤️

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: cheekukabeej

I know you have written a very sensible post. But I see Mohan's name and I click on the love button 🙈❤️

Megha-Mohan were ❤️