Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

Is this normal? - Page 3

5431 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

After seeing all these answers I’m glad I don’t watch any other show! I feel like slapping Virat and Ninad 

This content was originally posted by: Sakurablossom

It's absolutely rare to see good male leads in ITV shows. From the shows I have seen, Hanuman Singh from Patiala babes has to be my favourite. My favourite scene would be his monologue where he reflects on misogyny and patriarchy in society. He acknowledged privilege man have in Indian society. Not only Hanuman Singh was "not abusive", he was actually good. He wasn't knight in shining armour, he was a partner. 

Ironically Hanuman Singh is a police officer, just like Virat.(Virat is elite- IPS, Hanuman was inspector). But there's stark difference between both of them as a man and as an officer.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoIWasSaying thumbnail

It's absolutely rare to see good male leads in ITV shows. From the shows I have seen, Hanuman Singh from Patiala babes has to be my favourite. My favourite scene would be his monologue where he reflects on misogyny and patriarchy in society. He acknowledged privilege man have in Indian society. Not only Hanuman Singh was "not abusive", he was actually good. He wasn't knight in shining armour, he was a partner. 

Ironically Hanuman Singh is a police officer, just like Virat.(Virat is elite- IPS, Hanuman was inspector). But there's stark difference between both of them as a man and as an officer.

Just seen few clips of that show.... It waa centered around a mother and daughter but when it can to this person, he shoots up as the partner one needs... It was not traditional typical sort of ITV thing.... They were practical, had flaws and misunderstanding but overcame that with sense and not brushing things under the carpet. 

Even Varun badola in mere dad ki dulhan was a fine man.... Not exactly the male lead but he was the basic man and relatable with most things.....

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Aniruddh Dave is a fantastic actor, the show did well when he was on board. Sony shows and even their characters are much better than Sitara's

Shaome thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

ITV heroes are mostly shown as chauvinist. Here most responsibilities lies on the heroine to change the hero. Female leads are damsel in distress. Thank god Sai is not like that. She even said once that in case many girls would have crying over their fate but she isn't one of them. Go girl. 🤗I have seen heroes physically abusing their wives and manhandling their lady love. Sadly it's hot and intense to the viewers🤪

Virat is way better than many of them I have watched. Wished he is bit more vocal. I liked Veeru boy on few occasions more than Sai. 

Sakurablossom thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MSgayatri

Just seen few clips of that show.... It waa centered around a mother and daughter but when it can to this person, he shoots up as the partner one needs... It was not traditional typical sort of ITV thing.... They were practical, had flaws and misunderstanding but overcame that with sense and not brushing things under the carpet. 

Even Varun badola in mere dad ki dulhan was a fine man.... Not exactly the male lead but he was the basic man and relatable with most things.....

Yes! Forgot about Mere Dad ki Dulhan!!! Just regular normal characters- no one is damsel in distress and no one needs to be saved from savages!! Loved how relatable it was- middle class people who don't live in haveli, Niya's love life and work life problems, challanges that comes with dating in 40's, grief of loosing a loved one ... Indeed, it's simple yet well executed plots that make good serials.

swetamwari thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Shaurya from Shaurya and anokhi is also a good deviation from the normal leads of itv..he does have some usual issues like anger and self centerdness typical of itv leads..but he is not spineless for sure..and have shown some great comebacks.. especially to his family. He is not someone who can be manipulate d easily..and I really love his dry sense of sarcasm..

Virat has some great characteristics..but I find his silence and his unclear stands a bit irritating. And I find a lot of repetition..sai couldn't be more clear that she was, still Virat seemed confused on what she was implying and it is her mistake that he doesn't communicate properly