Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Gul tries to produce designer version of IPK repeatedly where the writing and direction just takes the backseat. That's also what happened with Tanhayian.

Secondly, she romanticises abuse which was problematic enough in IPK and Ishqbaaz but went absolutely bonkers in other shows

oh yes, Arnav's abusive tendencies are definitely not justifiable as much as we understand why they are there. Manz needed anger management for sure but I heard that her leads following Arnav just got worse and worse with physical abuse at least. 

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

oh yes, Arnav's abusive tendencies are definitely not justifiable as much as we understand why they are there. Manz needed anger management for sure but I heard that her leads following Arnav just got worse and worse with physical abuse at least. 

Arnav was always skirting the line between positive and dark. I think, that's why he was palatable, at large. Definitely needed therapy.

Shivaay too was okayish, and Nakuul is a good actor. Rest, itv is nauseating.

The only other show which had a decent ML + pathbreaking story was NBTNMK. And, it immediately followed IPK. I haven't watched anything else much.

Edited by Bluegrass - 2 years ago
dramebaaz.af thumbnail

Ishqbaaaz had a strong cast but they went through like three narrative changes within first 70-90 episodes so I was like I am not going to deal with this. I watched Tashan - e - Ishq briefly for the love story. It was cutesy but debut of all the actors and the theatrics could only keep you around for so long. Didn't watch more than 70 episodes of that either. The only other show I stuck with was Kuch Rang Pyar ke aise bhi. The story telling was nuanced, the acting and direction amazing, the leads beautifully compatible in values and there struggle towards success in their respective fields. The show did end up succumbing to stereotypes after the leap but overall the finite length of ending the show with the story they started with was a good perk.

I agree with you on Arnav's shades of grey. His shifting of personas between Arnav/Chotte and ASR was incredibly well written. It's the consistency of his ASR persona as well that makes him so much better to watch. Even if he is Arnav Ji to Khushi, he is ASR in his office. As much as I hated everything after Shyam's exit being handled, the Mrs. India track provided us with the insight that ASR hadn't changed for those he doesn't care for or trust, which is pivotal in Khushi starting her journey with him when she knew him as ASR

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ishqbaaaz had a strong cast but they went through like three narrative changes within first 70-90 episodes so I was like I am not going to deal with this. I watched Tashan - e - Ishq briefly for the love story. It was cutesy but debut of all the actors and the theatrics could only keep you around for so long. Didn't watch more than 70 episodes of that either. The only other show I stuck with was Kuch Rang Pyar ke aise bhi. The story telling was nuanced, the acting and direction amazing, the leads beautifully compatible in values and there struggle towards success in their respective fields. The show did end up succumbing to stereotypes after the leap but overall the finite length of ending the show with the story they started with was a good perk.

I agree with you on Arnav's shades of grey. His shifting of personas between Arnav/Chotte and ASR was incredibly well written. It's the consistency of his ASR persona as well that makes him so much better to watch. Even if he is Arnav Ji to Khushi, he is ASR in his office. As much as I hated everything after Shyam's exit being handled, the Mrs. India track provided us with the insight that ASR hadn't changed for those he doesn't care for or trust, which is pivotal in Khushi starting her journey with him when she knew him as ASR

Ishqbaaz really annoyed me lol. Shivaay’s behaviour made little sense to me and the camera angles annoyed me 😆

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Kuch rang pyar ke was too slow for me to put up with.

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

I was watching the show weekly, like catching up with episodes end of the week so it worked out well for me lol and with Ishqbaaaz, yeah the camera angles really did a number. I would've watched Barun's show that came around that time but they used Rabba Ve as soundtrack and I was like nope. Terrible idea to bank over the name and the cult following the name and soundtrack generated over something completely different. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

I was watching the show weekly, like catching up with episodes end of the week so it worked out well for me lol and with Ishqbaaaz, yeah the camera angles really did a number. I would've watched Barun's show that came around that time but they used Rabba Ve as soundtrack and I was like nope. Terrible idea to bank over the name and the cult following the name and soundtrack generated over something completely different. 

I wanted to watch for Barun but had no time to watch tv tab 😆

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Oh I so love the fact that they didn't manic pixie'd the hell out of Khushi. The changes in his behaviour came from having genuine love in his life and getting a reality check. But absolutely loved the fact that he remained ASR till the end They really denigrated Khushi's character with the whole Sheetal fiasco, though, it cemented Arnav's growth as well as roots.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Oh I so love the fact that they didn't manic pixie'd the hell out of Khushi. The changes in his behaviour came from having genuine love in his life and getting a reality check. But absolutely loved the fact that he remained ASR till the end They really denigrated Khushi's character with the whole Sheetal fiasco, though, it cemented Arnav's growth as well as roots.

❤️Arnav❤️

Thank you for sharing.  I don't have Insta account.  Is there a way I can watch it? The friends reunion that is.

Cheers..

Yellow

yellow holi paint color powder festival explosion burst

Clue 4. Lots of forgetting birthdays and belated wishes all around. Check the last 5 pages of this thread.

Edited by Savera84 - 1 months ago