Episode #132: Of Changes & Compromises

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

WARNING: Long post!!!!!!!!

Hello!

I am back to give my unnecessary review on aaj ka dhamakedaar, shandaar and most awaited episode. Tolerate me a little because this post is full of caps. Let’s admit it… The entire episode was worth capturing!! Every dialogue is too good to be missed so you can only imagine how difficult it was for me to choose what to write and what not to write about. 

Starting off with appreciation for the cameraman, writer, director and the entire crew for giving us a balance of all the emotions in one episode. Happiness, Anxiety, Rationality, Pain and Frustration all in one episode in just the right amounts!

Ab kursi ki peti bandhlo… Maine yeh review kafi lengthy hai aur jaldi mei likha hai so bardash karna padega!

“Tabiyat Kaisi Hai Aapki? Doctor ne Kya Kaha?”

Nikki Puttar, a few hours back, had decided that she would start moving on, but the first glimpse of him and all she remembered was his condition when she last saw him. His health and wellbeing are of paramount importance. 

She may be angry, hurt and confused but those emotions are not above her concern for him. Everything else forgotten over the joy of seeing him well and safe in front of her. 

“Shhh… Doctor se Zyada Mujhe Tumhari Zarurat Hai.”  

The torment was obviously there ever since the date night. Slowly, as things took a turn for the worst, the torturous separation only built the anxiety to meet her once. Yes, he was unconscious most of the time but even in that state, his mind kept revolving around Anokhi and the moments they had spent together. 

“Kitna Kuch Kehna Tha, Samajhna Tha, Sunna Tha”

“Aur Wait Mat Karao. Don’t Do This To Me!”

The one thing he wanted to hear her say ever since holi! The joy and excitement in his voice is constant because he knows that those feelings are there… She wants to say it as well. He is confident that despite all the mess, all those complicated feelings and situations they have been experiencing for the past few days, she still loves him!

Please take a note that, at this moment, there are no MISUNDERSTANDINGS here! Shaurya and Anokhi trust each other and their love! Shaurya and Anokhi have not let any misunderstanding creep in between them so far. 

“I Love You, PS.”

“I Love You, Ms. Bhalla. I Love You.”

“I Love You More Than That.”

“Not More Than Me..”

“I Love You More.”

“I Love You More”

“I Love You, PS. Aapko Idea Bhi Nahi Hai… I Just Love You”

Okay…. I am sobbing here!!! The look on their face when they first said it!! 

He wanted to hear those words but when they actually fell on his ears, he almost could not believe it. 

Neither could Anokhi!! She has heard them before but it was all out anger and frustration when he first said those words… But now… He is all soft, words coming from deep inside his heart. It somehow felt more believable and real. 

The sukoon their souls find in each other…

ShaKhi are fated to be together and that’s why “Jo Tera Howega, Zaroor Aayega..

“Puri Duniya Ghoom Gayi!”

“Meri Bhi..”

Truly… Saying these three little words has changed everything for them. Their world has shifted and their dynamics have now changed. The euphoria of finally saying those words is like sealing the deal with stamp papers. Their relationship is now validated by the essence of love and devotion for each other. 

“Birthday ki Yaad Dila Ke, Aapne Woh Sari Baatei Phirse Yaad Dila Di..

Mera Ghussa, Mera Dard, Mera Sach...” 

His face changed! Shaurya remembers it as well… Those memories are cold water over their warm moments. They both feel the grief of that ruined birthday party and everything that happened ever since.

“Woh Sach, Jo Devi Ma’am ne Sabke Saamne Announce Kiya Tha… 

Aapke aur Shagun Ma’am ke Bare Mei.”

And once again, Anokhi crashes back to reality. 

The flight was not because of the confession but because of the elation that they were finally together and in those few minutes, nothing else existed. She is so deep in love that Shaurya’s presence was alone enough to push back on her resolve to move on. 

This was the second time she has crash landed from her 'Love flight' since her birthday. Coming back to reality is always painful, after all. 

“Maine Kitni Baar kaha Hai Tumse, Anokhi…

Jab Tum Mujhse Door Jati ho Mujhse Bardaash Nahi Hota”

I think, by now it is very clear that Shaurya will be the driving force in ShaKhi’s relationship. He will have to take the step to make things right and Anokhi will meet him halfway like she has been doing so far. This time the situation is slightly different but Shaurya will set things right anyway and prove it to her that he is hers just as much as she is his. 

And just to clear this, Anokhi will be the only reason why he will overstep his modesty and insecurities. 

“Sab Alag Ho Sakte Hai, Lekin Soch Same Honi Chahiye, PS.”

Honestly, Anokhi is right. They fight a lot and things haven’t changed much even after they fell in love… So, she has every reason to believe that they are incompatible. Also, her biggest concern is his ‘Soch’ about career oriented women, it will need a lot of work before things in this matter change. 

In reality, people who fight so often would be very skeptical about committing to each other and Anokhi is being very practical right now. She sees things as they are and is stating the obvious that they will probably fight a lot in future as well… 

“Hum Pyaar Karte Hai Ek Dusre Se, Kya Itna Kafi Nahi Hai?”

Shaurya is being impressionable. 

His rationale is a little clouded by love and does not see her concerns clearly because she is still not very clear about it. He didn’t even think over her points about their different natures and ‘Soch’ which is mostly because he hasn’t given it a full thought yet. 

Shaurya has forgotten all about her ambitions and he has definitely ceased thinking about a checklist for ‘wife’ material candidates.   

"Shagun Ma'am se Sagaai Kyu Todi Thi Aapne?"

Shaurya’s assuring smile was wiped off the moment she asked why his previous engagement was called off and he was jolted back to reality and landed right next to her.

Love has little to do with logic. Jab hona hota hai, jisse hona hota hai, bas ho jata hai. 

Shaurya and Anokhi are classic examples of this. They have been at loggerheads ever since they met, but they still fell in love! However, falling in love and remaining in love are two different things. Shaurya hasn’t realized that yet. He hasn’t given a thought to their future. 

“Apne Liye Kuch Karna Chahti Hu, PS (...)

Aur Yahi Meri Life Ka Goal Hai.

Mrs. Shaurya Sabherwal Banna Nahi Hai, Usse bhi Kafi Bada Hai, PS.” 

Anokhi’s determination is what makes her truly ANOKHI. 

She is unwavering and confident in herself. She is ready to take on the pain of ‘Adhura Pehla Pyaar’ with her head held high because she knows that if she gives up on her dreams for a man who does not see and treat her as an equal, she will have to live her life with her head bent down. 

Not because Shaurya would disrespect her or mistreat her… But because there will be moments in her life where she would regret leaving her career behind when that was what she dreamed of for a long, long time. It’s not about being a career woman v/s housewife for Anokhi… It’s about her choice. Making your OWN choice for YOURSELF is a form of self-love. 

And Anokhi made hers when she was a young girl. 

PYAAR ke saath toh dusro ke sang zindagi beeta sakte hai, 

Lekin IZZAT ke bina khud ke saath rehna bhi mushkil ho jata hai.

“Tumhe Yeh Sab Chahiye, Mai Nahi?”

Anokhi is absolutely right here! There is a difference between CHANGE and COMPROMISE. 

And Shaurya has not “Changed”. At least, not his ‘Soch’. 

Yes, he has changed behaviorally, emotionally, and soulfully. He is now Anokhi’s Shaurya in many ways, but the insecurities inside him that makes him want a housewife has not changed or been put to rest. He still did not see anything wrong about asking Shagun to choose between Him and Cambridge and again he asked Anokhi if she didn’t want him more than her career.

Personal opinion: I am very, very, very happy that Shaurya hasn’t changed. People don’t change just like that, especially not in happy moments. It happens when something really tragic, life-changing event forces them to do so. I wanted to see Shaurya think over this. And today he was forced to think over it. 

“Mujhe Dono Chahiye. Apne Career Bhi aur Aap Bhi. Par Kya Yeh Ho Payega?”

“Lekin Mai Apni Puri Zindagi Kisi Aise Insaan ke Saath Nahi Reh Sakti 

Jo Mujhe Apne Barabar Ka Nahi Samajhta. 

Aadatei Badli Jaa Sakti Hai, PS. Par Soch Nahi!”

Anokhi was right to not believe him because she has understood that the ‘Soch’ has not CHANGED and he will still COMPROMISE for her. Compromise in the long term never brings happiness. 

He would have regretted it at some point of time because deep down in his heart, Shaurya would not have been supportive of her dreams. So until he is completely, really compliant with her choices, there would have been no happiness. 

Please note: Misogyny is not about not letting women earn the bread… It’s about the ideology that women are somehow lesser than men. Shaurya is not as bad as her Father/Brother/B-I-L, but there are some layers of misogyny in Shaurya that we saw in the library. 

“Jaha Pyaar Hota Hai Waha Ego Nahi Hota.”

“Tum Problem Nahi Ho. Solution Ho.”

“Please, Anokhi!”

“Ab Tum Hamesha Ke Liye Meri Ho Gayi, Mrs. Anokhi Shaurya Sabherwal.”

The capture is after he fills her hair partition. He looks smug, confident and determined. So he has something up his sleeve. 

Shaurya, despite having a deep sense of understanding about relationships, is not seeing the practicality of the situation. I still don’t know, Shaurya ne kya soch ke maang bhari hai so I will wait till Monday. But it was clear as day that Anokhi was breaking all ties and he could not let her go. 

Yes, some things are changing and some things need to change in him, but they also need to change in her. I don’t like the way she walks away when he says something she does not like and they are still talking and you can see the way it frustrates Shaurya as well. 

Post Episode Ramblings:

All in all, I am very happy with the episode. I always wanted to see these two talk it out before doing drama.. That has happened, and how! 

This is by far the most realistic, practical and meaningful conversation on ITV I have seen on ITV. Breakup without the dhoom-tanana and shit. But with SAAKK I have finally come to terms that they won't give us unnecessary bullshit to give us migraines. 

Maine pehle bhi bola hai, I am completely impartial towards Anokhi and Shaurya as individuals. If I see flaws in one, I also acknowledge the other's. Same with their goodness. I love ShaKhi for their individuality, their togetherness and most importantly.... THEIR FLAWS. 

Now.... 

Be honest, how many thought of the 4-year-old Shaurya when this came up? My heart was breaking... 

I know, I did!!

The only thing that is different here is then Shaurya couldn’t have done a thing to stop Aastha… Now, he can do something to stop Anokhi. 

Umm… I guess he already did 😃

Also, introducing

Shaurya Aag-Lage-Basti-Mei, Mai-Apni-Masti-Mei Sabherwal

Ending with 

For KARANVIR SHARMA and DEBATTAMA SAHA for their amazing, mind-blowing and spectacular performance… Aur bhi sundar sundar adjectives hai mere paas but I need to get going!!!

My dear bitches, I just wrote 5 pages of this review!! You better reward me well 😈 

RES karne walo bach ke raho... Mere OS pe abhi bhi RES karke baithe ho 😡

Surprise!!!!!!!!! EXTRAS JUST FOR YOU GUYS!!!! 

Yeh DeVir hai!! Don't you dare tell me otherwise!! 😈

Tough guy being all soft for his girl is my weakness!!

Pre-wedding photo karate hue Dulha-Dulhan be like: 

Thank me later 😎

Edited by AK_2010 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deepshiii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Res ❤️

/////////////

I’d like to begin with Friday’s episode. The way Shaurya runs to Anokhi and hugs her as if he was to lose her forever and the sukoon on his face was so beautiful to watch. The way Anokhi calmed down when she realised it’s Shaurya, the man of her life.

You try to move away from the one you love but just one glimpse of them is enough to make tou go weak and back to squares one no matter how strong your determination to not look back or go back to them is. Same was with Anokhi. The moment Shaurya came in front of her, she forgot about everything and was concerned only about him as if she never thought of moving on from him and leaving behind everything and starting a new life. For that moment, it was as if her world revolves only around Shaurya and she can’t look beyond it. It was beautiful, the concern, the happiness on having him in front of her. The hurricane of feelings she left inside of her was calmed by one touch of his. His words acted as an ointment to her and healed her but that healing was short lived because the very mention of the birthday party pierced her heart and the pain came back more stronger and she was ready to run away for his good no matter how much she would be hurt by it. 

Also, Shaurya’s longingness for Anokhi and how she’s the cure to anything and everything and how she’s the solution to all his problems was too evident. It was written all over his face how content he felt in her embrace and how her confession made him feel alive. Those words were so soothing for him. The love he wanted to feel for all these years came in the form of Anokhi to him. 

The twirl, the hug and the happy dance. OMG. I never even thought I’d feel a thousand emotions inside of me watching those scenes. Like this was the most beautiful ITV confession. I have never ever in my life seen such a beautiful cinematography on TV. Super aesthetic and eye pleasing and that infinity was so symbolic of the never ending love these two bore for each other. Truly soumates ❣️

The confrontation was so beautiful again. Anokhi makes sure to get her points through and also I loved how she said mujhe aap dono chahiye. Career bhi aur aap bhi 🥺😭 I felt so bad for her and equally for Shaurya. I don’t why but I did. He’s working on himself and he surely needs to work on his ideologies too. They do change overtime. Anokhi said ki Abhi aap pyaar mein hai but the fights would be the end of this relationship which is very true. You can love someone but staying in love takes a lot of efforts. The unrequited love and Shagun’s curse rang up in my ears when Anokhi said it’s better to be away from you than to be with you and add to your worries. 

Like I always say Love can wait, career cannot. Anokhi spoke it in the most easiest possible way and communicated it to Shaurya but Shaurya’s fear of abandonment clouded him. 25 years is not a short span. He’s never felt loved. He’s being manipulated by people he trusted the most and one fine day, he found the most amount of happiness which came down crashing within a few minutes. The SABHERWAL IDEOLOGIES AND BELIEFS are the root cause of it. 

When Shaurya requests Anokhi that they’ll figure things out and she should not to go and be with him was because people he feels closer to, leave him in the middle of nothing. His fear spoke louder today and whatever he did, the hairline filling basically was out of fear of losing the one person his survival now depends upon.

Also, to take a notice Shagun was told by Shaurya ki tumhe Mrs Shaurya Sabherwal banne ka chance, I mean whatever the dialogue was and Shagun told Anokhi too that you’ll be confined to the walls of SM and would be entitled only to Mrs Shaurya Sabherwal. Your own identity would be lost but I loved how Shaurya said ab se tum ANOKHI SHAURYA SABHERWAL ho. I liked how he didn’t say Mes Shaurya Sabherwal which means Anokhi wouldn’t lose her identity and she’d be Anokhi first and then anyone else.

Akshu, what a beautiful post ❤️ I’m sorry for being late. I didn’t have it in me to bring out my views on yesterday’s episode. I have been short of words since yesterday. I feel content. That’s all I know. I’ve never ever seen anything so beautiful on ITV. The last timw I felt a plethora of emotions was while watching the movie Qismat and yesterday marked the day, I felt those zillion emotions again and reading your excellent take on yesterday’s episode made my Sunday even more beautiful. I cannot wait for tomorrow to come soon.

P.S. Yes. It was DeVir. These two have unmatched chemistry. They’ve made ShaKhi look so real 

Edited by deepshiii - 2 years ago
Jiggy7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Akshu, Kya he bolna hai.. I am still not over the episode.. Itni khusi, itna dukh, itna pyaar, itni taklif sab ek he episode mai thama diye hume.. 😭😭

Saddest part- Shaurya holding her dupatta requesting her not to leave obviously.. My heart breaks for the man/child who has to face the situation again and again.. The desperation and heaviness in his voice.. I so hope somewhere in future Anokhi understands this.. The pain when he sees someone walking away.. When she will be able to rein on her impulsiveness/determination to do the practical/right thing and lend a ear to his perspective/thoughts more..😭😭😭

Shaurya hasn't changed completely.. It's not a button that we just switch.. He believes her, her love, her character, her strength but doesn't understand her passion/dreams completely yet.. Yeah at the starting of a relationship everything seems rosy but I know from personal experience people who are so different end of breaking up eventually..😔 And sometimes it just gets stretched forever with going back and forth multiple times.. That is what Anokhi wants to avoid in her life altogether.. She knows she will forget everything when they are alone and together.. But practically you can't stay your whole life like that.. At one point, family, career, money etc etc will come into the picture.. 

Shaurya seems to be ignoring everything that doesn't work our for their relationship at this point- BM, Shagun, Anokhi's dreams/insecurities.. He firmly believes only his love should be enough for her.. As a professor, he may have encouraged her, guided her but as a husband he may not be able/willing to support her just yet.. He keeps on repeating that he will do anything for her.. And in his mind I believe it includes fighting his family and rest, not supporting her career yet.. 

There were so many happy moments today that we will cherish for a long time and our siggys/DPs will keep talking us back to that moment again and again..🥰🥰🥰🥰

Yeah you are right whenever they smile/dance etc etc Devir comes out, be it Holi or today.. Their off-screen friendship is making the onscreen fun so real.. We got lucky with such talented and down-to-earth leads...🥰🥰🥰🥰

Res waalo pe gussa nahi karte baby.. Hum to Res karke jaate ki fursat se aake padh sake.. 🤭

Edited by Jiggy7 - 2 years ago
mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

UnRes

Wonderful post Akshu! 👏👏👏

I guess this episode is gonna be top list in our most loved SAAKK episodes. 

I can't get enough of it. 

Your post brought it back again! 

I love Shaurya Sabherwal. 

N i love the intensity he loves his Mrs Anokhi Shaurya Sabherwal. 

Akshu, if n when on Monday, we get another ShaKhilicious episode, you please make a similar post, ok? 

You are our star! ⭐️

Edited by mehr05 - 3 years ago
rumi_dee thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

🤗🤗🤗 Akshuuu my love,Thank you thank you!!😍😍❤️That was an AH-MAZING post! Loved all the points and observations you made.Couldn’t agree more with everything you wrote! What a fantastic episode it was! So raw, real and gripping. It demands to be rewatched many many times. 
I’ve been waiting so long for Shaurya’s metamorphosis and Anokhi finding her place, her home, her peace! I’m so glad that soon we will get it all!😱😍  

Maine pehle bhi bola hai, I am completely impartial towards Anokhi and Shaurya as individuals. If I see flaws in one, I also acknowledge the other's. Same with their goodness. I love ShaKhi for their individuality, their togetherness and most importantly.... THEIR FLAWS. 
Amen sister! 🙌🙌 😍They feel so dangerously real, no!? Hats off to the creators and Deba -Karan!❤️

Yeh DeVir hai!! Don't you dare tell me otherwise!! smiley15

😄No dispute! It has them written all over!😍🥰❤️

Thanks love.. you made my day 🤗❤️

md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Amazing bahan 🤗 love you for this🤗

Loved the analysis.

It’s the first step of their journey together. Shaurya unknowingly will have change in his soch during this bumpy ride. 

I loved how she was focused on her goal, no MU over he said she said or he did she did issues. She is walking away after telling him valid reason and showing the reality. 

I loved how character consistency has been maintained. Varna Lagta watching second season of the show. 

Let’s see how it unfolds on Monday. We might get uninterrupted Shaadi again ( jiggy: keep Gulabjamun ready)😆 I think she will be angry and in denial in the beginning, later will accept it in heart may not say  loudly. Unless precap is misleading. She does not look angry there. We will see

Rest later sister is calling 😆

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Unres 

----

Akshu my babe🤗

Thank you thank you thank you so much for this beautiful post😍😍😍

You still I can't get over from this episode and your description about each and every post makes it more beautiful ❤️😍😍

I really love their confession scene. I love you more , not more than me. Awww

Such a unique confession on ITV.

we can clearly see Shaurya’s longingness for Anokhi here.

Really Akshu please keep posting like this post. We badly need it. I know I am late to reply really sorry for that🙈

Edited by Bhavisweet03 - 2 years ago
Mona_988 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This is such a beautiful review of the episode 😍..

I can never write so well! 

Today's episode was an emotion and you have described each and every emotion so well 👏👏

These caps are beautiful ❤️❤️

IFLove thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

What a lovely lovely write up...so beautifully written

I don't have a word more to add to this. Mazaa aa gaya padhke❤️

Answer to your question...yes yes...pls mujhe chhodke mat jao reminded me of that 4 yo!! Same innocence n pain😭 But that attitude background score wala walk the next moment brought me back to the reality that he's not 4 yo anymore...he'll fight😆

I loved how your write up ended with the precap...aag lage basti mein, hum Apne masti mein😆 That's so SS always!! Aaj K precap mein toh Kuch jyada hi😆 Dude has nothing to do andar kisko kaunse attacks aa rahe hai...he's busy in sindoor khela😆 Those proud wale expressions after the kaand😆

And thanks for those beautiful caps😳 tough guy turning soft for his girl is my favouritest!!!

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mehr05

UnRes

Wonderful post Akshu! 👏👏👏

I guess this episode is gonna be top list in our most loved SAAKK episodes. 

I can't get enough of it. 

Your post brought it back again! 

I love Shaurya Sabherwal. 

N i love the intensity he loves his Mrs Anokhi Shaurya Sabherwal. 

Akshu, if n when on Monday, we get another ShaKhilicious episode, you please make a similar post, ok? 

You are our star! ⭐️

Thank you Mehr! ❤️❤️

This episode was the best thing that happened in ITV in a long, long time! So yes! This is a golden episode! 

I haven't stopped watching this episode so I can completely understand. 

I can't promise coz it's a working day but if there is some meaningful content and I get time, I will definitely write something... 

Tum log mujhe channe ke jhad par chadha rahe ho ab 😳