oh god pallavi dont be in hurry raghav will kill all prospective grooms

you are booked for him

please do continue

bye sumi

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

EPISODE 28

I want her.

For a man who had understood from his youth that to depend on a woman was the beginning of all pain, this realization—this recognition that he wanted this woman in his life—came upon Raghav Rao so suddenly he was propelled to his feet. 

How had this happened?

He was not an untried boy to have his head turned by a woman’s beauty. Or to have his heart leap out of his chest from a mere kiss. 

He was a man—hot-blooded and passionate; yet, he had lived a life of strict self-discipline—because he had decided he would never give himself over to a woman completely. 

Raghav’s men teased him for his monkish lifestyle. They joked he was too particular—whom was he saving himself for? And he had gone along with the joke but only he knew the truth: Raghav Rao would never depend on a woman—and certainly never-ever depend on her love. 

It wasn’t that he could not love. He could feel deeply.

He loved his men like they were his blood. He would die for any of them. He loved Chelli—she was to him his own innocent child. But his mother—Amma had taught him that a woman could bestow and remove her love when she chose. 

If a woman could close the door on a son—she could also close the door on a lover.

Yet—! Despite this—what he had never looked for had happened. Pallavi had slipped into his life.

In whichever form she had taken—the jewel thief, the burqa-lady, the shop-girl—like a multifaceted gemstone—all aspects of the same woman had captivated him in a way that he had never before experienced. And this morning—when he saw her standing in the hospital corridor, her skin glowing from her exertions, her words generously offering herself—he recognized her as one who had become to him a necessity. 

When had she become that indispensible one?

Yesterday when they left Koffee Kahani and she had told him to stay back—to not walk her back to the shop—indeed, to never visit the shop again!—the force of that had set him back like a physical blow. Her command had been practical and prudent. Had he been thinking clearly, he would have insisted on the same. If they were to effectively help his sister, their association had to be hidden. 

Yet, her command had hurt.

When he had received her text last night—he found himself in the car driving to see her. She didn’t want his help to build her business. She was closing a door. But he would not allow her to close the door.

He had gone to tell her so—but left without speaking the words.  

“Annah?” Farhad’s hand on his shoulder brought him out of his reflections.

Farhad indicated with his eyes that the surgeon was approaching.

“Where’s Chelli?” Raghav asked Farhad.

Farhad told him she had gone down to the hospital café. That was good. He would hear the surgeon’s news, absorb it, and then relay it to his sister.

The news was good. 

The surgery had gone well. There had been no complications. But he warned—it will be a long recovery. Once she leaves the hospital, she must be prepared for several months of rehabilitation, and there could be no shortcuts. 

Raghav thanked the surgeon, and turned to Farhad.

“I’ll tell Chelli she’s returning to the Palace with us today. I don’t think she will resist. By the time Amma is ready to leave the hospital—Chelli will convince her that we should be under one roof,” Raghav said.

Farhad nodded. “Convince Kirti—and she will convince Amma.”

“That’s the plan,” Raghav put his hand on Farhad’s shoulder and said, “Call the Palace to prepare a room for Chelli. I’ll go speak with her.”

Farhad was as always ahead one step. “Kirti’s room is ready. Gorilla had their servant pack a suitcase of her essentials. It’s in the car.”

Raghav asked, “Did you return the scooter to the saree shop?”

“Yes, Annah. And Johnny will watch Miss Deshmukh as you requested.”

“She’s not a Deshmukh,” Raghav corrected Farhad. “Any word from Vivek?”

“It’s not even been half a day. Give the man some time.”

Raghav said, “Impress upon him that it’s urgent.”

“What’s the urgency?” asked Farhad, his brows drawing together.

“I need to know that she is free.”

“Free? For?”

“Free to be mine.”

Edited by JalebiJane - 3 years ago
NESRIA thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She is not a deshmuk 

Free to be mine â¤ď¸

I love those lines 

Keep it up girl đŸ‘đŸ¤—

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: NESRIA

She is not a deshmuk 

Free to be mine â¤ď¸

I love those lines 

Keep it up girl đŸ‘đŸ¤—

Thank you, Sister.

Nice to see your comment---and pleased that you continue to enjoy the tale.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: sosweetsumi

oh god pallavi dont be in hurry raghav will kill all prospective grooms

you are booked for him

please do continue

bye sumi

"You are booked for him"---I like the way you put that, Sister Sumi :-)

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roroo

Amazing.. waiting to read about jealous raghav 😆

Thank you, Sister.

Let's see what happens . . .

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlueJayFire

Beautiful episodes am so impressed that you are keeping the story very close to the personality of Raghav and Pallavi..

Krishna being the wonderful and trustful friend to bring out the woman in Pallavi..Keep going.

Thank you, Sister. I do hope I am keeping to the essence of the characters. Writing in English means that some of the characterisation is naturally diminished---but I hope that what we most love about them on MHRW is coming through.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

I wish pallo had a friend like krishna in show..mansi to đŸ˜Ą 

Yes, Sister---that was a missed opportunity, I felt on the show. Krishna has been underdeveloped as a confidante and friend.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Foreversonam21

Oh yes...completely in love with it.

I laughed out loud when Pallavi declares that Mr Rao is completely unsuitable for marriage.

What this sweet damsel proposes, I'm sure the deliciously mischievous author will dispose soon enough. Maybe Mr Rao will have an opinion that contradicts her too.

Looking forward to that.

hehe

This mischievous author is at the mercy of opinionated characters who decide for themselves what they want to say and do. But---I can assure you of a happy ending (after some necessary bumpy moments!). In the end, the author will get her way!