Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ms.ObseSSeD thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

you know, I never thought about what exactly it was about Dev that she liked so much and I do think I have to agree with you that she might have loved the idea of being in love. I definitely think that she had a crush on Dev when she was younger and as she grew, she held on to that feeling because it made her feel special.

I don't think she ever thought about Dev being in love with someone else because she was always vocal about her feelings. She never hid them, and so she might have figured that since no one ever said anything about Dev being in love with someone else, Not even Dev himself, she just assumed that they were okay. That's where her betrayal comes from. She based her entire being on being in love with Dev and the Pandya family, and no one said anything.

Also, the girl spent more time trying to get Shiva to like her than with the guy she claimed to love.

Originally posted by: Namita-M

You know, I don't think Raavi loved Dev. She was simply in love with the idea of being in love. Not once has she thought about the fact that Dev loves someone else?

I understand she is hurting right now, but I swear, I feel it's more the betrayal of not being told the truth and made a mockery of that is the issue here.

Remember, she was actually leaving and Dhara stopped her. Raavi had said, I can't stand here and get my feelings mocked.

What do you ladies think? 

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ms.ObseSSeD

you know, I never thought about what exactly it was about Dev that she liked so much and I do think I have to agree with you that she might have loved the idea of being in love. I definitely think that she had a crush on Dev when she was younger and as she grew, she held on to that feeling because it made her feel special.

I don't think she ever thought about Dev being in love with someone else because she was always vocal about her feelings. She never hid them, and so she might have figured that since no one ever said anything about Dev being in love with someone else, Not even Dev himself, she just assumed that they were okay. That's where her betrayal comes from. She based her entire being on being in love with Dev and the Pandya family, and no one said anything.

Also, the girl spent more time trying to get Shiva to like her than with the guy she claimed to love.

@Bold -  Yes!! That's it!! She still isn't thinking along the lines of the fact that Dev never loved her. It's all about what she felt. She's busy with a pity party right now. As long as she comes out of this quickly I'm good. It's like her best laid plans were way-laid. I am being the devil's advocate here!! 

Thankfully, Shiva is keeping an eye on her! Actually the entire Pandya family minus Dev-Rishi!

Gosh, I'm tired of typing out their full names!! 

Felicie thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Namita-M

You know, I don't think Raavi loved Dev. She was simply in love with the idea of being in love. Not once has she thought about the fact that Dev loves someone else?

I understand she is hurting right now, but I swear, I feel it's more the betrayal of not being told the truth and made a mockery of that is the issue here.

Remember, she was actually leaving and Dhara stopped her. Raavi had said, I can't stand here and get my feelings mocked.

What do you ladies think? 

I was of the opinion that Raavi was simply delusional about Dev reciprocating her feelings and her "love" wasn't anything more serious than infatuation. However, the wedding track put a stop to that train of thought. The extent to which she crumpled in on herself - sunny, peppy Raavi attempting to take her own life - the grimness of it all made me question if it could really be chalked down to a crush or infatuation. 

Now I'm more inclined to believe that Raavi actually had feelings for Dev that went beyond a crush, unrequited but real. I still don't think it's the kind of love she makes it out to be, in her case Dev was probably puppy love. Perhaps she took that extreme step because she doesn't have any experience with proper love, this must've been her idea of it and it blew up in her face. 

I agree with you about her reason for being upset, it's more about the betrayal and being kept in the dark for so long. She's got her head up in the clouds but she's a sensible girl, if Dev had opened his mouth once in all these years she wouldn't lead herself on. If Dev had clarified atleast when things reached shaadi, she would've backed out, albeit brokenhearted. She would mend her bond with him over time once she gets over the hurt. Same goes for the others, she wouldn't fault them had they just broken the news to her on time. 

Edited by Felicie - 3 years ago
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Felicie

I was of the opinion that Raavi was simply delusional about Dev reciprocating her feelings and her "love" wasn't anything more serious than infatuation. However, the wedding track put a stop to that train of thought. The extent to which she crumpled in on herself - sunny, peppy Raavi attempting to take her own life - the grimness of it all made me question if it could really be chalked down to a crush or infatuation. 

Now I'm more inclined to believe that Raavi actually had feelings for Dev that went beyond a crush, unrequited but real. I still don't think it's the kind of love she makes it out to be, in her case Dev was probably puppy love. Perhaps she took that extreme step because she doesn't have any experience with proper love, this must've been her idea of it and it blew up in her face. 

I agree with you about her reason for being upset, it's more about the betrayal and being kept in the dark for so long. She's got her head up in the clouds but she's a sensible girl, if Dev had opened his mouth once in all these years she wouldn't lead herself on. If Dev had clarified atleast when things reached shaadi, she would've backed out, albeit brokenhearted. She would mend her bond with him over time once she gets over the hurt. Same goes for the others, she wouldn't fault them had they just broken the news to her on time. 

I think the better term would be, that she does love Dev but she was never in love with him. 

Edited by Namita-M - 3 years ago
Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Does Raavi really think that Shiva would marry her himself instead of letting her get married to Dev? Or she is just hurt and not thinking rationally? First I thought she was not thinking rationally but she has been repeating it since the marriage episode.

It makes no sense. Almost weird.

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Summary of today's episode

It starts from yesterday's scene. Raavi gives back to Rishita and criticises Dev for his silence for not just now, but never speaking and clearing things with her before and goes from there. Gaumbi asks Krish to book a nice hotel for Shiva and Raavi until their house is renovated, which Shiva declines. He uses that to taunt Dev and indirectly taunts Rishita. + Precap scene. Gaumbi intervenes and GauRa tell him to respect Rishita as she's his Bhabhi. (My thoughts on this will be later). Shiva goes from there. GauRa are frustrated that Dhara's raised the kids well, but if they can't even handle small issues like this than how will they handle bigger problems in the future. Dev apologizes to GauRa about creating this mess and goes from there. The oblivious Rishita questions Dhara about the way everyone is treating Dev and walks away being upset. (Argh, "Mere Dev ki Kya galti thi". I swear, I wanted to smack her head).

Mami receives ShiVI's divorce papers which mama comes and tears it. He asks her again to not ruin Raavi's life like she did Anita's. (Funny scene here when she takes his kasam that she'll get Anita married). Mama is frightened for his life due to her kasam and goes to pray. Later in the episode, there's another funny scene where Mami assigns Anita with Hardik homework against Anita's wish. (The dialogues are entertaining).

Shivi's bedroom scene from SBS where Shiva asks her to cook and wash things. Just when you start to wonder why Shiva's being insensitive, you realize that it was all Raavi's dream. She thinks he married her to make her life hell. In reality, Shiva's standing by the door on their porch and reminiscing their happy times as a family. Krish comes there with his one liners about the two new Bhabhis. (It was an adorable scene).

And then the last scene is Rishita's Suhag Raat. Lol she's really out of touch and making plans of how she won't give in easily to Dev and make him beg for her. 😂😂 Well, that resolve changed within a second because Dev comes in, and he's not interested. He tries to make her see sense and asks her to not be so self-centered and think of others. But would she be cuckoo/pigheaded Rishita if she actually understood it? In return she's like he cares for everyone, but her. It's their wedding night but he's here with his family's drama (unka Rona..to be exact). And then there's the precap scene of her complaining that no one asked Shiva to be Mahan and marry Ravi. The episode ends with Dev defending Raavi just like the precap scene.

Precap: Raavi tells Shiva that he's like foul smelling oil and she's like fresh water. They can never be one. She tells him that she knows he married her so he could bother her by being her husband. Shiva's pissed and tells that people have seen marriage of two people in love, but now they will see one of those who hate each other (Just wish he didn't manhandle her like that).

Edit: Oh and there's Janardhan's scene that I skipped.

Edited by Mountains_Lakes - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Irshita

Does Raavi really think that Shiva would marry her himself instead of letting her get married to Dev? Or she is just hurt and not thinking rationally? First I thought she was not thinking rationally but she has been repeating it since the marriage episode.

It makes no sense. Almost weird.

What she knows is that Shiva always hated her and he promised her that till he's around, he'll never let her marry Dev. She was not around to see and probably doesn't know that Dhara asked/begged Shiva to marry her. So from what she knows, she's connected the wrong dots and thinks that it was Shiva's idea to marry her. And that's probably also another reason why she's mad at Dhara. She thinks it was Shiva's idea and knowing how they interact with each other, how could Dhara put her in this position to marry Shiva.

I wish her misunderstanding gets cleared soon.

ms.ObseSSeD thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

what did i just watch? 

That entire beginning scene, ONLY Shiva and Raavi spoke facts!!!!

Dhara and Gombhi need to stop asking Shiva to behave with Rishita as his Bhabi because if she can't respect others, she clearly doesn't deserve any in return. 

Yes, please dev, go on show me that you have a spine only to argue against your own family and play the victim but won't say anything to your darling wife, who btw, lives a delusional life. 

NO respect wali aurat is delusional, she and her "meri Dev" need to go take a hike.

I still haven't watched the 2nd half of the episode, but I had to say all this because it made me so fustrated.

PLease let Shiva give them everything they deserve!!!

Originally posted by: ms.ObseSSeD

what did i just watch? 

That entire beginning scene, ONLY Shiva and Raavi spoke facts!!!!

Dhara and Gombhi need to stop asking Shiva to behave with Rishita as his Bhabi because if she can't respect others, she clearly doesn't deserve any in return. 

Yes, please dev, go on show me that you have a spine only to argue against your own family and play the victim but won't say anything to your darling wife, who btw, lives a delusional life. 

NO respect wali aurat is delusional, she and her "meri Dev" need to go take a hike.

I still haven't watched the 2nd half of the episode, but I had to say all this because it made me so fustrated.

PLease let Shiva give them everything they deserve!!!

Exactly!!!

I love them how they are asking family members to respect each other, but Rishita's crossed line, not once, twice, or thrice, but many many times. She has insulted Raavi and Dhara continuously and is starting to fight for ever small thing. Compromise is not in her dictionary, and it's Shiva who's being honest and telling her things like they are. Kudos to Raavi for being so respectful even in this mess and telling Rishita to spare her so politely. But Rishita is "ulti khopdi". What's that Hindi saying about twisting your finger to take out the ghee?! It applies here. Just because Rishita's older than Shiva by relation, doesn't mean he can't even tell her anything for being wrong and insulting them and his wife. He wasn't cursing her or anything. He was just saying how Dev's changed overnight by marrying a spoilt girl (which Rishita is).

Lol it was this particular reason why, I loved Shiva and Krish's scene more. Maybe we can hear honest opinions of Rishita in their brotherhood talks. Because if that doesn't happen, poor Krish. He can't complain about his Bhabhis to anyone. I'd love to see Suman/Shiva vs Rishita.

Abhipyaarhua thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I got to say it was so frustrating to watch today's episode. Only ShiVi made sense today. And poor Shiva got bashed for literally no reason. The poor guys entire life had taken a turn and he is the one being bashed. 

Okay, tell me one thing why did they have to intercut the Mami-mama scene. It was so jaring for me. 

Finally, Dev has opened his mouth and took a stand for his family infront of Rishita. Be better Dev. Man, Rishita really makes it so hard for me to sympathise with her. I don't get her perspective at all and I simply don't like her.