SAIRAT SS: THE WEEKEND pt33-pg146 - Page 74

Posted: 3 years ago

Part 25 

She ate her frankie and slept the whole way. When she rang the doorbell at her place in Chandrapur, it was almost 5pm. Her father opened the door, talking on the phone. 

“Arrey pahunch gayi. Haan ..haan...ek minute” he removes the phone from his ear, and gives it to her as she enters and shuts the door. She takes the phone confused.

“Hello” she says

“Hi ..” he says tentatively 

“Hi” she replies as she glances at her father take her duffel bag inside. 

They hold the phone listening to each other’s silence for some time. 

“Traffic bahut thaa kya?”

“Hmm”

“Frankie khaake so gayi thi?!” 

“Hmm” she smiles 

Silence ensues. He waits for her, she holds onto herself. 

“Abba ka phone hai, koi unhe call kar raha hai, rakhti hun”

“Ok”

She hangs up and walks into her bedroom, and gives the phone to her father. He take the call and shuts her door. She sits on her bed and lies down with her lower body off the bed and feet touching the floor. She is exhausted. She pulls her phone from her bag, there is an email from Wockhart, they need certain documents, hard copies. She hits her head, she was supposed to take care of these, but then she rushed to come here. The documents are on the coffee table in the living room. She texts him..

Aap busy ho? Ek chotha favor tha.

She waits, keeps hitting the phone to her chin, hoping he will text back. Her phone pings.

Depends. 

She shakes her head confused, replies.

Matlab?

He turns his lips amused, and texts back. 

Matlab favor pe depend karta hai. 

She rolls her eyes. 

Vaha coffee table pe mere teen papers hai, ek form hai aur two certificates. 

He scrouches his eyebrows and walks from the bedroom to the living room. And finds the papers on the coffee table. The form has all her details. But what gives him a rush, is that she put his name down as emergency contact, with his number and the flat as her permanent address. He grins and lets his fingertips rest on her handwriting. His phone pings.

Miley?

He chuckles. 

Nahi, yaha nahi hai. 

She gets up from her position and stands in front of the bed. She calls him. He startles, and quickly hides the papers behind a cushion on the sofa. The phone keeps ringing, he picks it up.

“Haan!?”

“Itni dair lagadi uthane mei?” She wails. 

He hides his smile and says, “Arrey forms ke liye dhund raha thaa”

“Video on kijiye na”

“Ok” he presses his lips from smiling, flips the phone and stands with his back to the sofa and shows her the coffee table. 

“Coffee table kyu dikha rahe ho?? Vaha nahi hai na, alag alag jagah dikhao” she panics

He pans the camera around the room, not on any surface, just walls and Tv and the main door, all the time biting his cheek while making her more panicked.

“Nahi Aise nahi, Aise kaise milega forms? Aap kya kar rahe ho? Vahaa nahi. Aise nahi..please!” She howls. 

“Arrey, tumne kaha alag alag jagah dikhao, toh mai puri chaan been kar raha thaa” he says with seriousness, the camera facing a wall. 

“Hum koyi criminal nahi dhund rahe, forms hai, voh media cabinet ke upar dekhiye na?” She pleads. 

“Achaa Achaa, tum kitni bossy ho” he holds the phone with one hand, and the other hand, he opens drawers. There are no papers. 

“Kaha hongey? Mujhe samajh mei nahi aata, maine fill karke table pe hi rakhe the.”

“Hirabai ne kachra mei daal diya hoga” he says matter of factly.

“Nahi, maine aane ss pehle baare the” she laments. 

Which means the information was filled after their fight, his mood is even more upbeat, but he maintains the charade, because this maybe the only way she can be on the phone with him longer. He holds the phone up, momentarily forgotten that the camera is flipped from his side, stares at her face and says 

“Toh abb kya kare?”

“Voh kya hai?”

“Voh kya Voh?”and then he sees his camera has panned over the sofa and the papers peeping from behind the cushion. He grits his teeth and winces. 

She yells. “Sofa ke peeche kisne dale?” 

“Tum hi ne daale honge”

He removes them. She glares. 

“Aap se toh jhoot bhi nahi bola jaa raha”

“Tumhe lagta hai maine rakhe?” He continues into the phone, again not realizing she can’t see him, but he can see her. 

“Lagta nahi, Mujhe pata hai” she says into the phone. 

“Main aisa dikhta hun tumhe”

“Camera ke peeche chupoge toh dikhoge kaise?” She narrows her eyes to him. 

He rolls his eyes and flips the camera. They look at each other, and he grins at her, she resists her smile and says with mock anger

“Bina stubble ke toh aur bhi lagte ho jhuthe” 

“Achaa, toh nahi dikhata tumhe mera chehra” he says with mock anger and flips the camera again. 

“Abb apne forms se hi baatei karo” the camera faces the sofa. 

She rolls her eyes, 

“Form ka bus yehi kaam hai, ki envelope mei chala jaaye aur Wockhart se ek admi aayega kal subah pick up karne”

His voice in all seriousness

“Forms keh rahe hai, ki Wockhart se kaho pick up neeche reception se kare”

“Kyu?”

“Kyunki kal subah Mujhe naye station mei preliminary reporting karni hai”

“Achaa? Sach!?” 

She switches off the video and puts the phone to her ear. 

“Excited ho?”

“Haan, naya team hoga. Excited hun” he notices she is off the video and turns audio on his phone too. They are quiet for a few seconds. 

“Agar neeche drop kar rahe ho, toh seal kar dena envelope. Voh vaha ladki baith ti hai, 100% kholke dekegi” she says impishly. 

“Kaun , Karen?” He asks casually, while he collects the forms and gets an envelope from one of the drawers and packs it, takes a pen and writes wockhardt and Dr Sai Joshi on top. 

“Mujhe nahi pata uska naam, buss itna pata hai, ki jab bhi mai reception se guzarti hun, voh puchti hai, ‘hi ma’am Virat Sir ghar aa gaye? Unke liye post tha’. Toh Mai kya karu, Virat Sir ke post ke saath nachu?!” She says animatedly. 

Virat bursts out laughing. 

Sai makes a face. 

“Hasiye mut, nahi toh mai phone rakh dungi”

Virat laughs even harder. Sai grits her teeth and hangs up.

She makes a face and replies to the email from Wockhardt letting them know they can pick up the forms. Her phone pings and she sees a photo, she opens it and he has taken a pic of the envelope and a message from him 

Dear Karen add kar dun?

She glares, and makes a face, knowing fully well he is smirking there, which he is. So she types 

Add kar dijiye, lekin Dr Sai Joshi ke neeche 

He grins at her text. He types 

Dr Sai Joshi ke neeche sirf Virat Chavan hona chahiye

She blushes at his text, She types 

ACP Virat Chauvan neeche nahi, Dr Sai Joshi ke saath mei hona chahiye. 

They stare at that line together for a long time. They smiles into their phones, until the sides of their mouths ache. She types 

Thank you 

He knows she is talking about the forms, he types back 

It’s ok.

She grins and types 

Vaise thank you aapko kehna chahiye 

His mouth now officially aches and he types 

Tum Mujhe sone se pehle call karna, Main keh dunga.

Before she can reply, Maavshi comes into the room and yells at her,

“Hey kay hai? Shaadi ke teen din pehle aayi ho, itna saara kaam baaki hai, phone bajju mei rakh aur aaja bahut saare baatein karna hai, Shilpa aati hi hogi. Tu jaldi shower kar le aur aaja. Phone rakh vaha” 

She nods and enters the bathroom. 

It’s been a few hours, she hasn’t replied, but in his heart he knows she will call. He is to meet a few of his colleagues from his previous posting for dinner. They are generally joking around, but soon begin to get serious and start discussing the rumors they have heard at the MIDC station’s dealings with certain cases. Virat realizes he will have to start afresh to build a network. He checks his phone, but no text from her, everyone wants to go their favorite adda for drinks before Virat Sir moves to another station. 

He agrees, he anyway had walked to this joint, he will get a ride back home. The car was in the garage for puncture and detailing. While drinking and joking around, he slips that next week he will be a married man. The others are shocked and ask to see pics of bhabhi. He doesn’t show any of them, saying he trusts policewalla as much as gundas. The grown men are heard giggling and slightly slurred in their chit chat. And then he announces how she never texts or calls him from her fathers home. 

“Arrey voh call nahi karti, toh aap kar lo. Meri bhi baiko aisi hi hai, apne maike jaake mujhe bhul hi jaati hai, Mai allow hi nahi karta jaane ke liye”

“Achaa, Tu allow nahi karta aur voh maan jaati hai”

“Pagal ho gaye ho kya, itna chillati hai mere upar, phir mai hi jaake chodh deta hun, chillana band karne ke liye, aur phir mereko call hi nahi karti”

“Toh phir?”

“Toh phir kya? Mai call karke bahut gaaliyan deta hun”

“Aur vapas aati hai kya?”

“Pagal ho gaye ho kya? Extra hafta rehti hai”

“Toh phir?”

“Toh phir kya? Mai jaake usse leke aata hun, uske baap ss thoda sunna padta hai. Lecture deta hai, main ignore karta hun. Biwi ko raaste mei hi hotel overnight book karke....” animatedly joins his hands in a loud clap in a namaste flow.

Virat in his inebriated state nods his head vigorously, as though he understands the situation very deeply. 

He is dropped home. He removes his clothes, he knows he is inebriated, but also sober enough. His phone is ringing, he falls on his bed with his lower part of his body off the bed, feet touching the floor. He looks at his phone, it seems like Sai’s father is calling, he makes shocked eyes, why is he calling? Kahi lecture dene ke liye toh nahi?? He better not pick up, he will know he is slightly drunk. He lets it ring and keeps it aside on the bed. He moves his upper body on the bed and shuts his eyes sleeping perpendicular on the master bed. 

In the middle of the night, He gets up with a start. Gasps and thinks ‘Sai ke baba ne kyu call kiya, Sai ko Kuch hogaya hoga toh’ he sits up and stars hunting for his phone on the bed in the dark. He switches it on, there are messages from her father.

Hi, voh mera phone terrace se gir gaya. Pls Abba ke number par call kijiye

He stares at the message, SHE was calling him, not her father, but calling from her fathers phone. He makes a face like a child who has lost his favorite toy. He can’t call now, it’s too late. He types a message but doesn’t send it, and holds his head and sleeps again, 

Mai kal phone karunga, pls apna phone repair karvalo. 

——

pls drop a comment 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Comment for Part 24

This is one of my favorite part of this ff... The way they vented out every thing... I loved it.. in a couple venting out the feeling is very important whether good or bad or showing insecurities or putting pov... You did a great job.... Thank God you,they realized to some extend... I guess I mentioned you already I love the way you explain the sitting postures or situation as if it running on screen , same I lived the way you explained detail to detail about virat coming back crossing traffic lights, and traffic ect... Trust me I felt even I am traveling in car along with him and my heart is also racing as fast as his.... Lol.... Finally when sai is in couch... I am like thank God....they are in deep love with each other.. I really want sai to spend few days with her aaba before marriage as Ms. Sai jhosi but after this fight I really want either virat to go to chatarpur or sai to get down of bus atleast for a day.... I am confused soul ignore me .... You really good in making readers go crying, laughing, blushing, experience each and every expression along with you charectors..❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Saichintalli - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Saichintalli

Comment for Part 24

This is one of my favorite part of this ff... The way they vented out every thing... I loved it.. in a couple venting out the feeling is very important whether good or bad or showing insecurities or putting pov... You did a great job.... Thank God you,they realized to some extend... I guess I mentioned you already I love the way you explain the sitting postures or situation as if it running on screen , same I lived the way you explained detail to detail about virat coming back crossing traffic lights, and traffic ect... Trust me I felt even I am traveling in car along with him and my heart is also racing as fast as his.... Lol.... Finally when sai is in couch... I am like thank God....they are in deep love with each other.. I really want sai to spend few days with her aaba before marriage as Ms. Sai jhosi but after this fight I really want either virat to go to chatarpur or sai to get down of bus atleast for a day.... I am confused soul ignore me .... You really good in making readers go crying, laughing, blushing, experience each and every expression along with you charectors..❤️❤️❤️

Such a lovely comment Saichintalli, you know, I think this was one of my fav parts to write also, like I wanted to write something which was both confrontational but also emotional. Where only love came through in the confrontation, where they may not be at same level of love - but then what is same level of love na, aiss nahi ho sakta ki one loves the other more, I feel one sometimes just loves differently than the other and maybe it’s all about understanding that sometimes, I wrote it keeping that in mind, so you are spot on when you say, they realize to some extent. Sab Kuch you know about each other so fast, what is left to discover? 
I love your idea about spending time with Abba, I will definitely try and incorporate that somehow. I want my readers to laugh and cry, because that means I am doing something right na, I love reading your comments, pls keep them coming. 

Edited by columbia - 3 years ago

It's awesome, its getting intresting day by day 

Waiting for next part😆😆.

omg!!!such a beautiful update. sai in her own way assuring virat of his place in her life(maybe to her own self) and virat seeing that and getting happy about it. so sweet!!!! i loved the line ‘ acp chavan dr joshi ke saath me hone chahiye.’ sums up marital relation in a single line. ab virat ne phone nahi uthaya, hamari jwalamukhi to subah phategi hi phategi na. ❤️❤️❤️

Nice update . I was smiling when I was reading about Virat’s night out with his friends. Typical men and their one track mind 😂... I am excited to see if Sai will complain about not getting enough attention from Virat . 

As usual nice update. So sai in her house. You nicely made a plot to let Virat know that sai is I to their relationship and Virat matters a lot to her. Virat understands that also. They have nice u derstanding of each other. Liked it. He also got his posting. Ohh why sai’s phone has to break now? Eagerly waiting for next update.

Does anyone know if Gayatri is around? Usually she is here. Hope all is ok. 🤗

Loved it. I was actually wondering this morning when will you next update it and somehow thought might get one today. 

Wow, loved their phone conversation. And the baiko and sasur ke lectures 😂😂😂

Forms se hi baatein karo 😂😂

Virat is so possessive and how he loved it when he found his name in emergency contact and his address as permanent address? Wow Sai has taken so much of liberty par phir bhi ek distance maintain karti hai. 

Like how in the last chapter he was recalling that it is Sai who is direct and how she had said, this is how much I can do, don't expect anything more. Par phir bhi permanent address mein Virat ka. 

No wonder it made him very happy. Was so personal, intimate to be able to share his address with her and also that she took the liberty without having to ask him. That is how much he has let her in. 

Will she also be able let him in her life that way? May be in future? I believe that is what Virat wants 😆

awesome update dear 

loved it 

donom nah paglus hai pyaar bhi karti hai aur nakhra bhi but just love it 

bechara viru daar gaya hoga apni collegues ki baat sunke , he cannot stay away from her 

lol did he get scared of his would be sasurji but him worrying about her wellbeing even in that state shows how much he deeply love her 

so shaaadi keliyeh ab sirf theen din baaki hai 

and i loved it how sai said they are both equal 

waiting for ur next update