Barrister Babu: A bildungsroman at heart

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

This show is at its heart a bildungsroman: a story of growing up. 

The most obvious example is Bondita as this show will surely take her from a headstrong, courageous but naive 8 year old, to a young teenager in the throes of her first crush, to a successful barrister and feminist icon.

The second is the growth of Rudhita as a couple. Their relationship has gone from zimmedari to mentor-mentee to commarade-in-arms and will go to partners in a true sense.

However, the most subtle growth of the lot is that of Anirudh Roy Chaudhary: the Krantikari. Anirudh came to India as a hot-headed and idealistic wannabe reformer. However he learnt some harsh lessons along the way. As I had hoped for here, he woke up to the privilege he had, he learnt the cost of ideals, he learnt persistence, he learnt compromise, he learnt patience. And he is still learning more lessons day by day.

This upcoming track will have both of them dealing with their own aspects of growing up, Bon will experience her first crush on a man who sees her as a child, while Ani's ideals will be shaped more on his encounter with the dacoit/revolutionaries. And I cannot wait to see it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rudhitafan thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Excellent ashley👏...you have written it so beautifully❤️

And now more than rudhita I'm more focused and eager to see growth of bonditha😎...

It is something new for me.....thank you to make me aware of this and yes I too agree that it's a story of growing up from young to adulthood so strongly 👍🏼

Edited by Rudhitafan - 3 years ago
Ashley_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudhitafan

Excellent ashley👏...you have written it so beautifully❤️

And now more than rudhita I'm more focused and eager to see growth of bonditha😎...

I resonate with Ani more than Bon but mujhe dono ka growth dekhna hai. They are not perfect! Apna apna raita phailate hai but use saaf karte dekh bhi maza aata hai.

Rudhitafan thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley_m

I resonate with Ani more than Bon but mujhe dono ka growth dekhna hai. They are not perfect! Apna apna raita phailate hai but use saaf karte dekh bhi maza aata hai.

I respect your opinion ashley .....but I will pm you something can't share here that's why😳

Ashley_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudhitafan

I respect your opinion ashley .....but I will pm you something can't share here that's why😳

Yes of course!

Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Like  ani bon equally  but looking for ani s growth becoz  bon  is FL and bound to get a detailed growth  but same can't be said for him.

Ashley_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: PRIME1

Like  ani bon equally  but looking for ani s growth becoz  bon  is FL and bound to get a detailed growth  but same can't be said for him.

Isiliye I like this show. Dono ka growth equally dikhate hai.

Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ashley_m

Isiliye I like this show. Dono ka growth equally dikhate hai.

Ya waiting to see reaction after his emotions cool down. He also suffers equally but gets ignored  due to bon young age.

pratyay thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Great post!!!! Loved it. 

Bondita is the central character of the story. Her hurt, pain, struggle and journey will be clearly shown. 

I am curious for Aniruddh's reaction.  If Bon will not be her chirpy mischievous self with Aniruddh, I wish to see his reaction. I would like to see when Bon treats herself as his zimmedari and maintains a cordial relationship with him. Will he able to handle it? 

One step further... What if Bon tells him that she wishes to be a barrister and have a personal life, a man and a family to call her own? Aniruddh didn't even consider the aspect of Bon wishing for a personal life

Katy4566 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pratyay

Great post!!!! Loved it. 

Bondita is the central character of the story. Her hurt, pain, struggle and journey will be clearly shown. 

I am curious for Aniruddh's reaction.  If Bon will not be her chirpy mischievous self with Aniruddh, I wish to see his reaction. I would like to see when Bon treats herself as his zimmedari and maintains a cordial relationship with him. Will he able to handle it? 

One step further... What if Bon tells him that she wishes to be a barrister and have a personal life, a man and a family to call her own? Aniruddh didn't even consider the aspect of Bon wishing for a personal life

U know he won’t be able to bear it seeing bon go through emotion pain and we are gonna see a firstly bon confronting everyone 

Look I think why I needed this scene after leap because that time. Bon on getting emotional maturity would have kept her self dignity by saying I don’t expect anything from u, I will never be able to be ur wife,  and she would have maintained walls to protect herself but here that girl does not even understand what was ani explains to her ,she thought she had rights on ani and he was giving her wings being a good husband ,here she was not seeing him as a husband which society and people mistook bit a girl who considers him her samsara,her solace ,her support ,see bon has gone through a lot which she acknowledges but she had her innocence intact as she believes she had ani as a true relation ,mind u she has platonic feelings for him and all other misconceptions society instilled in her that is why if society taunts her she can confront them