Views

Users

Frequent Posters

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: MSgayatri

Thanks for the update!!? Lovely progress 

It was natural sweet, hormonal An natural with virat an sai under the stairs.... 😉😍😍

Devi is like this super pampered chota baby of the house who is not keen to really grow with age... Hilarious pole khol... They even tease her aai and that is super cute... An forward to the extent that kids and parents have that sort of open relationship..... Admirable .....

Sai is basically struggling to understand and react to the whole concept of sharing life with sm1..... And also the family.... She is slowly opening up to virat but is miles away from the family...... it is quite human to want to show the best version of u to new ppl.... more that judgement, I think sai does not want to disappoint them .... Even though they choose her for Virat, she is still an ex of another family.... Sai can't let that go....

Looking at the openness in the family, sai could hav shared about her job, but she got scared An unknowingly became like virat.... Not sharing things with the family...

Inspire of all the openness and expectations, virat has still not given her any contact no to sai.. lil weird considering he also gets protective  an possessive for her 

He is not able to put his thoughts to her and expecting her to do mind reading.... And also being a grumpy kid.....

Sai needs to bond with the family that she always wanted without the baggage of the past.... She understands AAI and her concerns for Virat, but is not able to do the same with virat.... 

It will be a bigger issue later on cos of presumption and being scared and so not communicating and Bonding with the family..... 

Virat needs to keep the grumpy angry kid away and talk to sai.... They understand their desires in no time but are yet to read each other for daily life....... New relationship has more hormonal action before emotional attachment....

Make them sit and talk and make house rules kinda thing before the marriage... It will be further nice is sai goes on her own to her sasural and give the news of her job... And come clean to aai on her fears and thoughts. Aai will get things right for her..... Ladies always understand each other better....

Happy writing!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Gayatri 💕💕💕💕💕
Replying to @bold 

Sai sharing since family is so open - That’s exactly why she may not have shared, it’s like how when you spend sometime newly with someone, and you realize my god this person is so amazing, I want them to feel I am amazing too and you only put your best foot forward. She didn’t look at it as they are open, she looked at it as they love, they are kind - what will they think of me? 
It’s like you pointed out - embarrass se jyaada disappoint - she is still stuck there. 

Why hasn’t Virat shared no - the number Sai has is his personal contact, the number Devi talks about is his work phone, remember he is under suspension, so they would have taken that phone away. The family doesn’t know of the suspension. 

Spot on about physically closer than emotionally, but in a way their physical closeness will help bring the, emotionally closer too. That’s how nature probably intended it for them. 

As for make them talk, they don’t want to talk, main bhi Kuch nahi kar sakti, adhe time toh kissy chal raha hota hai ya kaam. Stupids hai! 😆

columbia thumbnail

Originally posted by: 404_NotFound

Thanks for the long update . While reading at each para I felt it would end ☹️ but was happy when it didn’t. I love this update . Call me a sadist but I love to read SaiRat’s angst , pain and longing for each other . I have so many things going on in my mind about the update that I don’t know if I can word it correctly. 

Sai : I could relate to her when she wanted to be a perfect DIL . I think most women go through this when they get married . They want the in laws and their men to be proud of their choice . Men cannot understand this emotion . While I understand Sai’s dilemma , I feel Chavans are quite modern . They were ok for Sai and Samrat to stay in the same room when she came to visit them for the first time . Even today they were teasing her when they caught her kissing Virat . 

Was Sai judging Devyani ? I felt Devi was genuine when she said Samrat can never love anyone other than Pakhi . She wasn’t trying to make teams with Pakhi. I somewhere want to see all four of them enjoying unlike the show . 

I understand Virat’s disappointment but he has to realize Sai might put his family above him at times because she can expect him to understand her dilemma . She wants to put her best foot forward but with him she can be herself and doesn’t have to be worried about getting judged . Being a girl I know the joy of discussing about sari and jewelry 😂...

Ashwini : my heart went out for her . I understand her emotions and somewhere her children fail to understand her . I am happy she has a understanding husband . 

Virat : I feel bad for him . He feels insecure about his position in Sai’s life .like we discussed earlier , Sai has unknowingly contributed to that . She needs to reassure him . I am looking for him to express his disappointments and his expectations  . I am looking forward to the big fight which is much needed for both of them . I must say he is a gem he waited at her camp . No matter how angry he is but he will never stop caring fit his loved ones . 

I think something happened between Ninad and him which made his leave the home immediately. I can’t wait for him 

Lastly, please continue soon . 

Nitu, so beautifully you have made character analysis, maza Aagaye padhke 

You are pretty spot on regarding everyone, except I wanted to add this about Devyani 

Devyani is a spoiled youngest kid (Gayatri talks of this too in her comment) voh Kuch bhi bolti hai, while Sai is not judging her, Sai is being careful around her because she knows that Devyani and Pakhi are very very close. That kind of friendship places loyalty above everything else. Pakhi’s first line to Sai is her being silly, but the second line on Samrat and Pakhi may not actually be her’s but something she has heard from Pakhi. That is at leas what Sai feels. 
But yes, Devyani will always share a special bond with Pakhi, the question remains to be seen if Pakhi will be nice to Sai or will have her own insecurities. 

Personally I don’t want to write a Pakhi who is all loving and sweet, I want to write something more realistic, I have already done the Pakhi all understanding in my other SS. But who knows I may change my mind. Many times, I have read comments and changed things in my updates. 🤪

columbia thumbnail

Originally posted by: notaquitter

Wow, I didnt know how you would take the story since the wedding is fixed. But there is a LOT to unpack  so beautifully yet in this story.

There is Virats equation with his family. There is a guy who cant see the love that his huge family has for him and there is agirl who yearns for a huge family. She sees a different side of the family, that virat even though loves fails to do so. It happens to all of us, its such a common issue. 

How alert and observant is ddevi tai. i live virats family, no wonder sai cant stop getting attached so quickly. 

Virat feels sai puts everyone above him and sai is doing all this to make sure the family doesnt think bad of virats decision.

There is a miscommunication between them that needs to be addressed. 

Notaquitter - every time I read your username, I am also inspired to no quit this story. Isiliye shayad, I am looking for ways to keep it going 😆. I am slowly falling in love with my story, I know that sounds so full of it, but what I am trying to say is not my writing, but I am loving ways to find this SAIRAT and everyone around them have a lovely life. 

I think you have hit the nailhead in your observations, on Devi I would request my response to Nitu. Devi is youngest here in our story, and she is besties with Pakhi, so more than observant, she is like the kid in the house jo sab pe nazar nahi rakh rahi but sab Kuch dikh ta hai kyunki voh kissi kaam ki nahi hai 😆 that’s why that line from Ninaad, help Shivani Tai on the table. 

columbia thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saichintalli

Yeh update padne ke baath... Ek hi dialogue araha hai... Virat Kya karraha hai yaar... I understand his point of view, he want to keep his family safe but if not Ashwini he could discuss with ninad atleast to keep his family totally safe... Bcoz full information might cause damage but no information can also cause alot of damage emotionally... Anyway virat ka grey drop is grey dot getting darker...  His possessive nature is dangerous, out of love sai might overcome these fighting but as time passes and if he don't control this it might effect sai's breathing space and their relationship.....

But somewhere I doubt ninad and virat discussion in room might added to virat's anger....but he should control his emotions specially in case of sai.... Thank God he came to pick her up not bcoz of not she can't go alone but bcoz it proves his care even in sadu mood...

Yeh lo thought of commenting in 2 lines lekin firse essay likh dhiya.... Sorry but thank you for update 😁😁😁

I know many brought this up, but that’s not how I looked at it. I wanted to do a repeat of the scene where Ninaad comes and is very understanding and supportive towards Virat and Virat listens and then leaves- remember the scene with Ninaad and Virat about finding a girl and then Virat leaves. I wanted to establish a pattern in the family - Virat ka jhagda mom dad ke saath, Virat ka ruthna, Dad ka manana, Virat sabko bye bolke nikal jaana. The only differnece here was he wanted that nikaljana to be with Sai, but she didn’t join him and made it worse by hiding the fact that she actually is staying with him. 

So it’s not possessiveness which is dangerous, it’s the fact that Virat wants it his way and he wants it his way with Sai. All of the chauvan kids are spoiled in their own way. Sometimes that happens, when there is so much love around us, we only look for that everywhere and feel hum toh thik hi hai, baaki log hi pagal hai, it’s the secure kind of love which also has its disadvantages if not balanced. 

eassay hi toh chahiye, imagine my sadness when I give you over 250 lines ka update and your give me only 2 lines. I love reading your comments, it really helps my story better 

Edited by columbia - 3 years ago
SoIWasSaying thumbnail

Update on the way??

I feel like lalchi gudiya for asking 😂😂😂

Ninabarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

First of all, thank you so much for this long and amazing update Kal (hope u won't mind me calling you Kal 😁). I really really loved it 🤩. And as I feel, the key point in this update is "pride".

Tbh after reading this update, my heart broke not only for Sai and Virat but also for Ashwini and Ninand. Their ranting is justifiable coz they are letting out the anger they are feeling for the injustice their child faced even after risking his life and it is common with all the parents. No matter how bothersome it would be, it is their way to let children know that they are not alone in their suffering. But when you are facing a problem and is under stress and pressure, even this goodwill can turn to be overwhelming and irritating to no end and I think this is what Virat felt at the situation. And I also think,in their case, their pride was hurt not because they got to know about Virat's situation from an outsider but because their pride, their son, was treated unfairly.

Moving on to Sai, I felt really really bad for her coz all the emotional struggles she is going through right now are real and justifiable as well.  When it comes to his family, the her need to keep her pride intact has different shades. On one hand, she is placed in a situation where her pride subtly gets jabbed due to the time to time reminders of how she was not the right choice for one of their sons/brothers. Though these comments are not malicious in any way, they make her self conscious and drives her to show them that she is the right choice for their other son/brother. So when it comes to Virat's parents, her pride as an independent and self sufficient woman as well as Virat's choice, doesn't allow her to show atleast a small weakness from her side due to the fear of losing the man she loves as well as the respect and love she received from them. When it comes to Devyani, her pride doesn't allow herself to be the next source of entertainment and news for Devyani owing to her reputation of being a CCTV. And her absolute need to maintain her image in front of Samrat and Pakhi duo who would definitely and happily pass on some comments about her circumstances have become the reason for her reluctance to divulge any information regarding her job as well as current living arrangements. In a nut shell, her fear of getting judged by the family she so wants to become a part of and her need to become a part of it with her head held high as the perfect DIL is the reason for her reluctance to open up to them as per my opinion.

And...... Virat...... I felt bad for the situation he was placed in during to his job but not for the tantrum he threw because of his insecurities. He pride has been already hurt due to the situation with his suspension and taking away the areas which were under his control. But he is still trying his best to protect his family in case of something happening to him and I felt his irritation with the constant ranting was justifiable. But what caused him misery in this update was his own insecurities. I think he sort of wanted Sai to follow him when he left the dinning table and him finding Ninand instead of Sai in the bedroom when he came back must have increased his insecurities and irritation (not towards Ninad but for Sai not being there) further more. And Sai's refusal to divulge more information about her new job the moment he wanted it to know and her refusal to follow him the moment he asked her to come caused him to throw a tantrum and it is not acceptable. And seems like this will go on and on until he gets a verbal confirmation from Sai that he is her top priority. 

I really really want them to sit and have a proper talk about this as it hurts us to see them like this as well. Hurt/ angry / sad and mad at each other 💔💔💔💔💔. Hope that day will come soon....

Another fabulous update like always Kal. Eagerly waiting for today's update. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.

Happy Writing ❤❤

Edited by Ninabarbie - 3 years ago
columbia thumbnail
Originally posted by: linakusharberry

awesome update dear

loved it 

looks like its first fight between them which got stretched that they slept without clearing it 

ok donom ki taraf seh issues hai they really need to sit and talk virat really needed an assurance from her that he is important for her and she is having worries like she wanna be perfect before his family she doesn't want them rethink about this marriage proposal i felt she afraid because of the past experience in this family , more like i felt she don't wanna loose him she slowly started to fall for him , they really need to talk each other about this matter , in future it will be helpful for them

hopefully they will make peace soon 

waiting for ur next update 

@bold - SPOT ON Lina, SPOT On! 

Originally posted by: Remyavenkat

First of all thank you for the long update. It was nice. Was like I was thinking so many things happened in the dinner and I was like omg Virat is going to explode. I think something might have happened between Virat and dad at the room which triggered Virat. But Virat and sai has to talk they are brushing it off and if they don’t Virat is going to explode soon. Somebody has to talk to sai and make her understand also. I know she is independent wants to work her things by er self. Ie all ok. She can atleast ask his opinion . I know it is too much for her. I feel like somebody close to her have to explain then only she will understand. Also she should have atleast shared she is not working in the camp when they were repeatedly asking about it. I felt is little too much. Shivani bua came all the way to drop her also. She has to open up to atleast Virat.eagerly waiting for next update to see what is in store, 

Remyavenket -  I think many in their comments have expressed why they understand where Sai is coming from. As for something between Virat and father, pls see my answer to Saichintalli- she had the same question, many others did too.

Thanks for your love for this story. Really makes me happy 

columbia thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ninabarbie

First of all, thank you so much for this long and amazing update Kal (hope u won't mind me calling you Kal 😁). I really really loved it 🤩. And as I feel, the key point in this update is "pride".

Tbh after reading this update, my heart broke not only for Sai and Virat but also for Ashwini and Ninand. Their ranting is justifiable coz they are letting out the anger they are feeling for the injustice their child faced even after risking his life and it is common with all the parents. No matter how bothersome it would be, it is their way to let children know that they are not alone in their suffering. But when you are facing a problem and is under stress and pressure, even this goodwill can turn to be overwhelming and irritating to no end and I think this is what Virat felt at the situation. And I also think,in their case, their pride was hurt not because they got to know about Virat's situation from an outsider but because their pride, their son, was treated unfairly.

@ Nina - you got it!!!! It’s exactly this aspect of his parents, that irritates Virat, it’s what made him live separately, but parents are parents.

Moving on to Sai, I felt really really bad for her coz all the emotional struggles she is going through right now are real and justifiable as well.  When it comes to his family, the her need to keep her pride intact has different shades. On one hand, she is placed in a situation where her pride subtly gets jabbed due to the time to time reminders of how she was not the right choice for one of their sons/brothers. Though these comments are not malicious in any way, they make her self conscious and drives her to show them that she is the right choice for their other son/brother. So when it comes to Virat's parents, her pride as an independent and self sufficient woman as well as Virat's choice, doesn't allow her to show atleast a small weakness from her side due to the fear of losing the man she loves as well as the respect and love she received from them. When it comes to Devyani, her pride doesn't allow herself to be the next source of entertainment and news for Devyani owing to her reputation of being a CCTV. And her absolute need to maintain her image in front of Samrat and Pakhi duo who would definitely and happily pass on some comments about her circumstances have become the reason for her reluctance to divulge any information regarding her job as well as current living arrangements. In a nut shell, her fear of getting judged by the family she so wants to become a part of and her need to become a part of it with her head held high as the perfect DIL is the reason for her reluctance to open up to them as per my opinion.

@ bold - that’s the nutshell you have hit it out of boundary, but the analysis you came to from each person’s perspective is 10/10. Just brilliant 

And...... Virat...... I felt bad for the situation he was placed in during to his job but not for the tantrum he threw because of his insecurities. He pride has been already hurt due to the situation with his suspension and taking away the areas which were under his control. But he is still trying his best to protect his family in case of something happening to him and I felt his irritation with the constant ranting was justifiable. But what caused him misery in this update was his own insecurities. I think he sort of wanted Sai to follow him when he left the dinning table and him finding Ninand instead of Sai in the bedroom when he came back must have increased his insecurities and irritation (not towards Ninad but for Sai not being there) further more. And Sai's refusal to divulge more information about her new job the moment he wanted it to know and her refusal to follow him the moment he asked her to come caused him to throw a tantrum and it is not acceptable. And seems like this will go on and on until he gets a verbal confirmation from Sai that he is her top priority. 

Nina - Spot On!! I actually explained exactly this to Saichintalli, but your analysis as always is so much better

I really really want them to sit and have a proper talk about this as it hurts us to see them like this as well. Hurt/ angry / sad and mad at each other 💔💔💔💔💔. Hope that day will come soon....

Another fabulous update like always Kal. Eagerly waiting for today's update. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.

Happy Writing ❤❤

I cannot wait to read your thoughts on the next update. ❤️❤️

Kal 😉

Edited by columbia - 3 years ago
columbia thumbnail

Comments from you guys was real love, I sat with my dinner and read and re- read them and have replied to most. I can’t tell you how happy they made me, please continue to show your love. I am missing Ammu, Akshu and Romanceaddict (who I know is having a tough time with work) I do hope you all come back to show your love. Even unhappy comments are love only 😜

Part 24

He can hear her chatting with Hirabai when he wakes up in the morning. Their voices run from the living room to the kitchen to the balcony and back. He had hoped to wake up early in the morning and go for a run, but that didn’t happen, because he had woken up in the wee hours of the morning with a headache which refused to go away. He walks into the bathroom.

She can hear the shower come on, it’s already almost 10am, Hirabai is finishing up and just about to leave, when Sai asks her if she can do some basic cooking for them from the next week. Hirabai says she will think about it and leaves. She wonders if he has to go to work today, she looks at her phone. Her eyes hurt, she has hardly slept a wink the whole night and sleep only came in the wee hours of the morning. 

He walks into the kitchen, She is there. She has mixed two cups of Horlicks. He stands, waits and she moves a cup in front of him on the counter, while she takes her cup and sips. He picks his cup and sips. And they stand in the kitchen facing each other with the island in between, not looking at each other. She then puts some pohe in a bowl and microwaves it. He half expects her to give it to him, but she takes it with her walks to the balcony and sits there munching it while he grabs a bowl for himself. The sounds of their spoons to ceramic bowls make for inharmonious music. 

She comes back into the living room to put her bowl so that she can take a shower, when she notices he has shaved, completely, clean shaven. He is seated on the sofa looking at his phone, and something shifts in her, this is his way of telling her that he doesn’t care for what she wants, she is now livid. 

“Wah! Thedi ungli se ghee kaise nikalte hai koi aap se seekhe!!!!” She stands in front of him, livid. He remains quiet, ‘ah so she noticed’ he thinks. 

“Abb kya aap baat bhi nahi karenge mujhse?” 

“Kya baat karu?” He asks calmly 

“Kya matlab? Aapko kuch bhi nahi kehna mujhse?” Her voice begins to raise.

“Main kya kahu? Sab Kuch toh tum keh chuki ho, ya yeh kahu, ki tum toh Kuch nahi kehti, toh mai kya kahu?” Still seated, but anger builds up.

“Maine sorry toh kaha aapse, vaha se kaise nikalti” she is animated “Aap chaho toh main Tai ko phone karke sorry bol dungi, aur kya kar sakti hun. Haan, maine unse apni job ki baat chupayi lekin aap ne bhi toh chupaya, unhe toh pata bhi nahi thaa ki aapki suspension chal rahi thee”

“Lekin tumhe toh pata thaa., kyunki maine tumse kaha tha, har baat share kiya hai maine tumse, yahaa tak ki maine apni posting ki idea Tum hi se liya thaa” he stands up. 

“Voh itefaq tha, aapko idea khud aa jaata. Aur yeh baat aap apne Aai se keh dete” she is calmer. 

“Sai, tum samajh kyu nahi rahi ho, baat mere aur unki beech ki nahi hai, baat mer aur Tumhare beech ki hai”. He holds her shoulders. 

She looks at him, pauses her thoughts which were running a skelter and silences herself which was trying to keep up with those thoughts.

“Kya matlab hai Aapka, main samjhi nahi” 

“Maine mere job ke baare mei, sab details jitna share kar sakta thaa, tumse pehle hi kiya thaa, kyunki tumhe haq hai, aur voh haq tumhe dena chahta hun, lekin tum toh sub Kuch apne paas rakhti ho, Mujhe apne decisions mei shamil nahi karti ho” 

She moves his hands from her shoulders. He steps back, hurt yet resolute, and continues

“Tum bata deti ho, puch ti nahi ho. Aur job ke baare mei toh jaise tumne kasam khaa rakhi hai ki tum mujhse sab Kuch hone ke baad hi kahogi. Agar uss din, Aniket ke muh se nikal nahi gaya hota, toh kya pata aaj tak mujhe shayad Kuch bhi Pata nahi hota. Tum Aise jatati ho Jaise ki tumhe meri zrurat hi nahi hai. Aur mujhse bardash nahi hota. Mujhe yeh haq chahiye.” Tears have begun to overtake his pleading voice.

She stares at him for a long time. He looks at her, wonders if maybe he has gone too far, maybe he should have been more patient, maybe she wasn’t ready for this. He whispers

“Just Sai”

She looks at him, biting her quivering lips, tears at the corner of her eyes. 

“Yeh jo aap Mujhe Just Sai karke bulaate ho na, mera saara badan kaamp uthta hai. 

Aapke paas aane ko daudta hai. Zarurat nahi hai?!?!??..Savere jab meri ankh khulti hai, sirf aapko dekhna chahti hai, jo shaam aapke baaho mei na guzaru, voh raat mujhe neend nahi aati. Zrurat nahi hai???..Jab mera camp mei vaapsi ka din meri zindagi ka sabse terrible din thaa, main sirf aapke paas aana chahti thi. Jab meri nayi naukri lagi, Mai sirf aapke baahon mei pura din bitaaana chahti thi.”

She wipes her tears and he wipes his own,

“Aap haq ki baat karte ho, isse zyaada haq maine aapko de diya toh mere paas kya reh jaayega? Aap apne family ke interference se chudhane ke liye, khud ki flat le li, lekin Mai kaha jaaungi? Mujhe kal ka pata nahi, lekin aaj iss vaqt main isse zyaada haq aapko nahi de sakti.”

They stare at each other. She steps back afraid he might hold her and she will give in. He is hurt even more, tears flow again, 

“Aapne shaadi ke liye no conditions kaha thaa, bade asaani se, lekin agar yeh aapka condition hai, toh shayad ..” 

She stops talking, wipes her tears, and only then realizes, his face is moistened with tears too, she steps forward, he misses it, and turns away and wipes his face. She steps back, and walks into the bathroom for her shower. She washes her body in tears mixed with the water from the shower. If someone was to ask her, what just happened, she wouldn’t know how to respond, was this a fight or a talk? Is this how married couples live? Is their marriage on, though? Imagine having to live with another failed fiance experience. She grabs the towel and bursts crying into it. If he breaks up with her, she doesn’t think she will ever be able to feel anything again. Ever. 

He grabs his car keys and steps out for a drive. What the hell just happened? He had been itching for a fight, but her response just hit him like someone punched him hard in his heart. Never before, has he come across someone who has such clarity and self awareness as Sai. He was all set to yell at her, and shout and even half expected her to say she is his forever, but what she told him was you get what you get and you don’t get upset. He stops the car and laughs cry at himself. Its what he told her when he wanted to marry her, take him as is. And here she was telling him, take her as is. He is all in, and now, if she were to break up with him, he will die. There are no two ways about it. 

He drives back home as fast as he can, and of course gets stuck in traffic. So he grabs and pays for 4 veg frankies from a go-cart. And then he tries to take a short cut, and hits a car. Exasperated, he gets out and negotiates with the car owner, they exchange information. He makes the short cut after quite sometime, he gets on the road home, facing every traffic signal on the way. When he turns the car into the parking lot, he can hear a hiss. He gets off the car and notices a flat tire. He rolls his eyes. Of course, he has been out of the house for an hour. He grabs the bag of frankies and can’t wait to eat them with her, and then fight and make up in bed. Let the Dubeys hear them for once. He opens the door excitedly. Flings the keys and frankies on the countertop.

He turns to find her seated on the sofa, looking up at him, like she was waiting for him to come. Next to her feet is a duffel bag, his heart is in his mouth. 

“Yeh kya hai?”

“Voh shaam ki bus full hai, aur 1 bajje ki bus mei sirf 4 seat baaki hai, toh maine book kar liya”

He rubs his fingers over his mouth, like he has to stop his heart from jumping out. She bites her lip and says, 

“Yaad hai na, main aaj Chandrapur jaane vaali thi Mavshi ko help karne, shaadi ki prep ke liye”

He nods slowly, staring at her. They are quiet for a full minute, like they hope the other will elaborate on the marriage part. The silence makes the room smaller. He hurriedly adds

“Bahar bahut traffic hai, main tumhe drop kar dunga, Chalo”

She nods, he picks up her dufffel. 

“Kuch khaya tumne? Voh main hum dono ke liye Frankie leke aaya thaa” 

He opens the bag in a rush and removes two frankies and gives them to her, she opens her big handbag at its mouth, signing him to put it in. He spots a Tshirt in the bag, but before he can ask anything, she pulls it to her and he picks up the duffel again and they step out. 

As soon as he presses P in the lift, he starts muttering, 

“Shit!! Shit!! Shit!!”

“Kya hua?”

“Tyre puncture ho gaya, Auto lena padega”

“Oh. Ok”

And they press L together. They linger for less than a minute and step away.

They sit in the auto which has disco lights and loud blaring music. She gets in and he puts the bag on the seat next to her, and tries to fit on the seat. She places the bag at her feet. The auto starts.

“Thoda jaldi karo, inki bus chut jaayegi” 

“Arrey auto hai, helicopter toh nahi hai na Bhaiya” the driver replies

“Yeh music band karoge aap”

“Music aur speed ka koi connection nahi hai, aur aap bhi gaana sun lo Bhaiya. Yeh mera aall time favorite Gaana hai”

Ya Toh Barbaad Kardo

Ya Fir Aabaad Kardo

Wo Galat Tha Ye Sahi Hai

Jhooth Ye Aaj Kehdo

The auto jerks and their shoulders hit and her dupatta falls from her left shoulder and lands on his lap. He places his hand over it, and fists it. They look at each other. He raises his other hand to move her hair, she does it herself. He lifts the dupatta and puts it on her shoulder. She adjusts it.

Itna Ehsaan Kardo

Poore Armaan Kardo

Lab Pe Aake Jo Ruke Hai

Dhayi Wo Harf kehdo

They have reached the station, they get off. He pays, she picks the duffel. They are late, he holds her hand, and they run to the bus. The driver recognizes him, grins and waves.

Meri Saanson Se Judi Hai

Teri Har Saans Kehdo

Mushqil Aasaan Kardo

He steps in, helps her settle the duffel overhead and says something to the driver and gets off. She sits down and looks out of the window for him, spots him buying a bottle of water, comes and through the window gives it to her. And bangs the side of the bus. 

The bus starts, they look at each other, and when the bus turns, she leans on her window and raises her hand, and he does too, and holds it to his lips, she misses it. His heart is on its way to Chandrapur and her heart aches, as she holds it, sitting in the bus, only to stop when the bus leaves Nagpur. 

——

Pls drop a comment 

columbia thumbnail

Originally posted by: MSgayatri

Update on the way??

I feel like lalchi gudiya for asking 😂😂😂

Lalchi gudiya - tera demand pura hua!! 🤗