riaa.x thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This is an OS that follows the probable internal monologue of Virat on the night after Sai's college admission - mainly, about how he'd felt about Sai getting lost and later, upon finding her too.

Dear Diary Sai,

I don’t have a habit of writing a diary – or even letters, for that matter, but some words are better hidden and unsaid. For now, it also feels like the right thing to do, because how do I tell you? And what all do I tell you?

Now, as you sleep across the room, beside the cushions and the pillows on the bed, there’s a peacefulness and calmness inside the room. However, within these four walls, there’s also a suffocating energy, because your unwavering energy is missing, and you aren’t laughing and talking to me.

It was the absence of this energy around me that made me realize earlier in the day about your absence behind me. I know, I shouldn’t have listened to you, but a lot of times in life, some things are just meant to happen. Karna hum kuch aur chahte hain, aur ho kuch aur hi jata hai.

When I didn’t find you walking behind me, I’d felt a surge of panic shoot through me and,for a very brief period, I wasn’t sure what to do. I’d stood still in the middle of that road, numbing and my mind blanking, because I didn’t know whereto look for you.

Nagpur isn’t Gadchiroli and you aren’t acquainted to the city, either. If I hadn’t found you, I wouldn’t have known what to answer Maushi and Aai – they worry for you, you know? Aai sees the daughter in you she’s craved to have since so long and I think, if I’d ever had a sister of my own, she would’ve been a lot like you. That’s probably why, Aai sees that daughter in you – like a reflection in the mirror.

They consider you their own family and I… you’d laugh at me if I tell you, I consider you as my family. You’d tell me that you’re a responsibility that I’ve to bear, but how do I tell you, Sai, that over these few days you’ve begun to mean something a little more? Although what, I don’t know.

You know after I’d found you today, there was a very comforting feeling inside me. A feeling which calmed me so flawlessly, that I wasn’t sure if I was ever worried or panicked. Don’t get me wrong, though. In all those moments I couldn’t find you, I was restlessly looking around – a pang of guilt unraveling within me.

I know I blamed you, but it was my fault too. I shouldn’t have listened to you when you’d denied holding my hand – or even when you’d asked me not to turn around. Sure, it wouldn’t have been easy to force you, because you’d have had your arguments ready. Wouldn’t you? However, if anything had happened to you today, I would’ve cursed myself life-long.

You tell me, you’re only my responsibility, Sai. But how many times do I tell you, that family is responsibility. It is that sense of awareness that lies within you, that concern for someone else whom you deeply care for.

You know, when you’d finally held my hand later, there was a warm, fuzzy feeling inside me. A feeling that made me feel like, everything would be fine if you stayed by my side. That, you were that sanctuary I wanted to return to on a tiring day and find comfort in; the sanctuary I’d want to return to when in pain because there would be no one better who could understand and heal my pain. And it’d be that smile of yours alone, that’d relieve me of all my pain.

I don’t know what you mean to me, Sai, but I want to. Time clears it all, uss behti nadi ki tarah, and I’m certain, one day I’d know what you mean to me, but…

Would you ever understand what I mean to you, Sai?

Yours Virat Sir

This diary entry doesn't have a conclusion as such because I doubt Virat and Sai knew each other that well back then to bring about a closure, but surely there were some emotions either of them felt. Thank you for giving this story a chance and I'd love to know what you thought of it.

Riaa :)

Edited by riaa.x - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikki_R thumbnail

Lovely!! So refreshing to peek into Virat's mind.  He was able to pen down his thoughts, feels in diary.   I now wonder what would be Sai's reaction and response when she stumbles upon this diary?  Will she respond back with Dear Virat sir?

ssoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Nice......

I have always wanted to know what is running in Virat's mind....

It's a nice peak into his mind....what might be going on...

Write more such POV's

Aww.. this was great! I hope to see more OS's with a peek into virats thoughts. 

riaa.x thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikki_R

Lovely!! So refreshing to peek into Virat's mind.  He was able to pen down his thoughts, feels in diary.   I now wonder what would be Sai's reaction and response when she stumbles upon this diary?  Will she respond back with Dear Virat sir?

Thank you so much. I've never thought about that possible aspect. If I've enough ideas, I'll try writing about it. Thanks for the prompt!

riaa.x thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssoujanya

Nice......

I have always wanted to know what is running in Virat's mind....

It's a nice peak into his mind....what might be going on...

Write more such POV's

Thank you. Likewise, there's always such less reflection on the thought process of the male protagonists in the show. Sure, I'd try writing. Thanks for reading this one, means a lot to me!

riaa.x thumbnail

Originally posted by: neeraja91

Aww.. this was great! I hope to see more OS's with a peek into virats thoughts. 

Thank you so much! I'd definitely try writing more from his perspective. I'll see if I can add a few more diary entries to this thread, mostly of Virat's reaction to certain scenarios in the Chavan house. :)

linakusharberry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

nice OS 

loved virats POV 

do write more 

riaa.x thumbnail

Originally posted by: linakusharberry

nice OS 

loved virats POV 

do write more 

Thank you so much, that means a lot. I'd try adding some more diary entries from Virat's perspective in this thread. Thank you for giving this one a chance.

NAVI55 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Oh, this was very well written 👍🏼

I actually liked reading from virat's pov. Very rarely do we get to understand the male lead.

I throughly enjoyed this. Please do write some more No pressure...