Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I have always said and maintained that DP does not love his family and children unconditionally. they are assets and responsibilities that he has to fulfil as he happens to be the oldest male in teh house. it's funny that currently he is so restricted because of the wheelchair (needing people around incase, cannot go to work which is his pride and glory, etc) yet can't seem to understand how his family members feel. the situations are similar. only the variables have changed.

I honestly think that even of DP finds out that gunnu and sattu are actually his daughters, he is not going to change. when he finds out about the alter ego, he will criticise, blame and even go to the extent of trying to marry them off again to some random groom. 

it reminds me of the movie Patiala house. Rishi Kapoor's character did not accept his son playing for the London team in the cricket league until the very end when he proved to be a good player. the only difference here is that DP will not change until and unless something drastic happens. 

We have already seen people challenging him and the fear of losing power is evident (a huge amount of it is already lost because of his injuries and being wheelchair-bound). the ice has started chipping.

teh cracks are next. The first step will come when SP will take a stand for himself and not backdown by the glares of his elder. that or he quits the Bhai Sahab is always right jaap. then comes Kusum Ji who will tell him off first as a woman, then wife and finally a mother. the last stroke will be the kids of them housebreaking away from his control and going ahead to pursue their dreams. Susheela running away already proves that she is ready to leave him if it means a chance to live a life free of restriction that comes because of her gender. the same way when the ones he so desperately tries to maintain a hold over leaves him, he will see the importance of treating them as people and not assets.

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rinki_99

I have always said and maintained that DP does not love his family and children unconditionally. they are assets and responsibilities that he has to fulfil as he happens to be the oldest male in teh house. it's funny that currently he is so restricted because of the wheelchair (needing people around incase, cannot go to work which is his pride and glory, etc) yet can't seem to understand how his family members feel. the situations are similar. only the variables have changed.

I honestly think that even of DP finds out that gunnu and sattu are actually his daughters, he is not going to change. when he finds out about the alter ego, he will criticise, blame and even go to the extent of trying to marry them off again to some random groom. 

it reminds me of the movie Patiala house. Rishi Kapoor's character did not accept his son playing for the London team in the cricket league until the very end when he proved to be a good player. the only difference here is that DP will not change until and unless something drastic happens. 

We have already seen people challenging him and the fear of losing power is evident (a huge amount of it is already lost because of his injuries and being wheelchair-bound). the ice has started chipping.

teh cracks are next. The first step will come when SP will take a stand for himself and not backdown by the glares of his elder. that or he quits the Bhai Sahab is always right jaap. then comes Kusum Ji who will tell him off first as a woman, then wife and finally a mother. the last stroke will be the kids of them housebreaking away from his control and going ahead to pursue their dreams. Susheela running away already proves that she is ready to leave him if it means a chance to live a life free of restriction that comes because of her gender. the same way when the ones he so desperately tries to maintain a hold over leaves him, he will see the importance of treating them as people and not assets.

Exactly I totally agree

dhun.laagi thumbnail

I have always said and maintained that DP does not love his family and children unconditionally. they are assets and responsibilities that he has to fulfil as he happens to be the oldest male in teh house. it's funny that currently he is so restricted because of the wheelchair (needing people around incase, cannot go to work which is his pride and glory, etc) yet can't seem to understand how his family members feel. the situations are similar. only the variables have changed. I honestly think that even of DP finds out that gunnu and sattu are actually his daughters, he is not going to change. when he finds out about the alter ego, he will criticise, blame and even go to the extent of trying to marry them off again to some random groom.. it reminds me of the movie Patiala house. Rishi Kapoor's character did not accept his son playing for the London team in the cricket league until the very end when he proved to be a good player. the only difference here is that DP will not change until and unless something drastic happens. We have already seen people challenging him and the fear of losing power is evident (a huge amount of it is already lost because of his injuries and being wheelchair-bound). the ice has started chipping. The cracks are next. The first step will come when SP will take a stand for himself and not backdown by the glares of his elder. that or he quits the Bhai Sahab is always right jaap. then comes Kusum Ji who will tell him off first as a woman, then wife and finally a mother. the last stroke will be the kids of them housebreaking away from his control and going ahead to pursue their dreams. Susheela running away already proves that she is ready to leave him if it means a chance to live a life free of restriction that comes because of her gender. the same way when the ones he so desperately tries to maintain a hold over leaves him, he will see the importance of treating them as people and not assets. 

Yes, there is no case of unconditional love, it is all just a power play move. DP, on the wheelchair still does not hesitate to govern over them since he deems it his haq as the head of the house and is taking advantage of the fact that no matter what he does, his family is still going to cater to his demands. He does see his daughters as merely his responsibility and their marriage as the door to swarg. The family members are not allowed to have their own hopes and dreams beyond what path he chooses for them - even with Puttu, he sees him as the male heir to K&S and nothing more than that. 

With the revelation, there will be hella resistance, he may throw them out of the house, he may discard their relationship with him, he will try to badmouth them in market, the marriage part may not work since his girls may have become emotionally strong by then and will fight for their love and dreams with equal fervor without giving his unrealistic expectations a damn. Even Pramod, Vikram, Haathi Bazaar folks and other family members will stand strongly with them against DP if he does any of that BS. 

Last para - agreed! Especially if they continue to need money for the EMI and stuff, there will be a point where Shisupal will also have his limits. He cannot blindly keep suffering taunts and be embaressed in front of his family even when he is right! Yes, Kusum will point out to him all the times she, her children and her family had to compromise for his unreasonable demands. Garima/Susheela will certainly tell him off too in the future, even if it means getting K&S signed legally on their name and then handling it the way it should have been! He is to blame for that - the way he treats the women in the house like caged birds and even in yesterday's episode, constantly telling them about limits and boundaries while publically telling them off - they are still doing so much for his sake, but not for long. 

rinki_99 thumbnail

It irks me so much when he publically spews nonsense like, "choro ke saath mat gumna." and "Sattu hota toh kya sochta". sochta rahe yaar humko kya lena dena. if my to be wedded husband doesnt trust me enough when he is not present, why would I get married to him in the first place?

he doesn't respect them in the house but at least have the decency to show that in front of others. he expects the elephant Bazar and society to respect his daughters and not talk crap about them. he preaches about boundaries and dictates what an ideal woman should be like (according to him). 

But he is the one who humiliates them in front of said people. how can he expect others to do it, when he himself, their father, speaks about his daughters like that in public?

DP is a hypocrite that doesn't realise his actions and words dont match in the slightest. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

It irks me so much when he publically spews nonsense like, "choro ke saath mat gumna." and "Sattu hota toh kya sochta". sochta rahe yaar humko kya lena dena. if my to be wedded husband doesnt trust me enough when he is not present, why would I get married to him in the first place? he doesn't respect them in the house but at least have the decency to show that in front of others. he expects the elephant Bazar and society to respect his daughters and not talk crap about them. he preaches about boundaries and dictates what an ideal woman should be like (according to him).  But he is the one who humiliates them in front of said people. how can he expect others to do it, when he himself, their father, speaks about his daughters like that in public? DP is a hypocrite that doesn't realise his actions and words dont match in the slightest. 

See, the biggest joke is that Garima made it clear she is not interested in marrying Sattu and yet he insisted on it to the point of the hurry so that he can play chess with Jagat with his daughter as a pawn to win the game. Susheela, begrudginly he has agreed to her wedding with Chota Haddi - again on the principle of log kya kahenge. He has spent so much of K&S money on the marriage to save his OWN honor and status in Haathi Bazaar (the daughter's izzat is just a bahana, ultimately it is about him) when that money should have ideally been used for the EMI. He wants them to be ideal betis, when he has not been an ideal dad to them :| He wants to not get with the times of the world, and criticises them openly in public but then on the other hand when Jagat gets some photos or proof which could have very well be morphed: betiyaan baap ki izzat hoti hai and he is willing to discard them off on that pretence, without even giving their own views on the situation a thought. How long will they bear it? Emotional and cognitive dissonance has started to happen, they are tired of the double life and someday they will have a breakdown where they question him about every single event where he has been unfair to them. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

LOL, yesterday's scene with Vikram & Garima getting scolded was either vexing as a viewer or you feel sympathetic for these two wherein one apologizes & the other just agrees to it just for the sake of respecting her father. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

LOL, yesterday's scene with Vikram & Garima getting scolded was either vexing as a viewer or you feel sympathetic for these two wherein one apologizes & the other just agrees to it just for the sake of respecting her father. 

So true! You genuinely feel for them, because neither of them actually did anything to instigate his reactions + took it without much resistance ðŸ¤”

rinki_99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

both actually