Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunaina02 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: rouble_lover

In life, there isn’t always a win win situation. Every character of a person has many shades, as humans when it comes to our emotional makeup we are filled with many baggages, and insecurities which we are forever trying to protect. Alia, like  any normal human has her triggers and anything that comes in between her things she is senti about, she pounces to protect it. Makers are trying to portray a story through the lenses of realism! They aren’t trying to build a fairy tale story where the characters are built only to suit the interests of viewers. Give the characters a chance to grow and blossom!! They story has JUST started and is beginning to form. 

Most probably you are not used to Sony shows. The show will be gone in a jiffy ! Makers should not waste their time by dragging the show . If  the story has just beginning to form then I am sorry to say it will not get a proper ending 

music_l0ver036 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sunaina02

Most probably you are not used to Sony shows. The show will be gone in a jiffy ! Makers should not waste their time by dragging the show . If  the story has just beginning to form then I am sorry to say it will not get a proper ending 

i think it would be best if we don't bring any preconceived ideas about how the channel treated the shows in the past to a different show. It seems you have not had a good experience with watching Sony shows and that really sucks but lets not add negativity for people who are genuinely excited to keep watching and are interested in how characters develop. 

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gobi13

He wants to take responsibility because of the childhood he had. He always felt terrible because his dad was always saying he is not good enough n not taking care of him. He doesn’t want the child to have to suffer n not have both parents taking care of the child. 

but he cannot interfere into alia s life like that. she dosent want to share her child with him. how difficult it is for him to understand that. what he did today was harassment. barging into alias house and declaring her baby is his. And he is causing so much stress to a pregnant woman by claiming his right on the baby just because he donated sperm. For Alia its been a journey, getting prepared for ivf waiting for the child since months. and here this guy claims the child as his just because he donated sperm. he even told Alia that he can go to court today. i think Alia should go to court & let the court decide who has rights on the child. 

sunaina02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

i think it would be best if we don't bring any preconceived ideas about how the channel treated the shows in the past to a different show. It seems you have not had a good experience with watching Sony shows and that really sucks but lets not add negativity for people who are genuinely excited to keep watching and are interested in how characters develop. 

Meant no negativity 😊. Telling from experience of watching Sony shows for last 12 years.  When starting to watch a Sony show , be prepared for the show to last about 6 - 14 months . Rarely does a show get longer .

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

I agree with you to an extent. I don’t think Sarang is to blame for anything. He was completely unaware of what he was doing, he listened to someone he trusted and he was basically emotionally blackmailed into donating his sperm. I don’t blame him at all. I think it’s noble of him to want to take responsibility of a child even though he doesn’t want to bring a baby into the world. There is no need to blame Sarang because he’s a kind guy. According to his morals and beliefs he can’t pretend this is not his child no matter how it came to life. My problem is with people thinking Alia is wrong for wanting to be a single mother when that’s the mindset she went into this. Yes, a different biological father, however, that shouldn’t change the whole outcome. As much as Sarang’s heart is right in this, his emotions will cause a lot of problem for Alia who only has an objective perspective! 

@ bold. is he doing a favor here. Alia dosent need someone to take responsibility. 

kind guy?  what does he do after knowing that it wasnt Alias fault either that he became donor of a sperm. comes to claim his rights on the child. Barges into Alias house in her personal space and declares that the baby is his. Im sorry but this is plain harassment. You are being forced to accept someone as partner /as father to ur baby someone whom you dont even know properly, when you planned to be a single mother. Alia is really stuck here. i think she should just take the decicion of going to court and get the decicion in her favor.  Or fold her hands in front of Sarang or fall at his feet and request him not to claim right on her baby as she has been waiting to be a mother since long & now she cannot share the baby with an almost stranger and get into a partnership with him to bring up her baby. i sure as Sarang is kind he would heed to her request and not interfere in her life. what can a mother do in this case. she cannot just give up her baby or let an unknown man whom she is not connected to enter into her private space. pregnancy is a personal thing. you cannot just let any man enter into that phase of yours and sarang is doing exactly that. 

@bold2 so does Sarang think Alia is supposed to pretend that she wont have rights on her baby anymore or will have to share the rights of her baby with someone unknown to her. will he ask her to forcibly marry him now. how does Sarang plan to take responsibility of child. does he plan to stick with Alia for life without her consent. 

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

At least finally someone said it. I thought I was the only one being nitpicky about the show 😆

Alia basically gaslighted him into thinking he don't want the kid "were you happy when you heard  about the baby?" of course he was not alia, just like you were not. He left his home, is surrounded by strangers and his boss is impregnated by his sperm, how can he be happy? his life, career and dream is at stake. He was cheated and now he don't even get to call the baby his. Of course for story's sake he will be around to see how alia is with the pregnancy/baby and it will be hurtful.

I like some aspects of alia, like how excited she goes and so caring about her kid (making room for baby in office or dreaming about kid etc). she is very reserved, dont really show emotions much. And yet she gives responsibility to her junior to find a donor, how bizarre is that? when everyone was disliking rahul to make sarang sign the papers how many felt irritated at alia? she told her junior to do it, of course to save his ass he will do. She thought she was cheated so she cheated him in return. and she was having dreams of he will take away the kid, first of all if the sperm was exchanged or rahul did some mistake, i am not even sure how can sarang claim any rights on the kid. they both can sue the hospital i guess. And also how she is with her mom- of course she  is heartbroken and bitter over how she left, but she also did tell her how her father was not that caring with her. i have never seen holding him accountable for anything. now that her own marriage had fallen apart i wish they show she is thinking about her parents relationship too.

anyone else feel like they are rushing the story? the donor reveal to alia and sarang happened within a week or two. kavya has no reason to be there in show now that sarang rejected her. poor girl just sees everyone going "alia is awesome alia this alia that" around her. sarang's mom basically said "dads are there to provide financial support to family", so alia is rich herself, does that mean the kid needs no father? especially when the show is aiming towards a love story and in the end of that somehow will justify why alia and the baby needs a man in their life. sarang and alia barely developed any affection for each other, and now for kid's sake they might try to fast forward the romance. i hoped they showed some co-parenting without the fast feelings. and if this was a progressive show the lady doctor would have been paired opposite alia, she is nice 😆

Alia is like what we complaint about the male leads in other shows, that they hold all the power. this is no equal relationship. i am not even sure if its the writing or the actress.

coolniki thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

People are saying what Sarang did today is harassment and Alia should go to court but we should keep in mind while both of them were duped in the donation stage but while signing the agreement only Sarang was duped. Alia knew that the signatures was taken under false pretenses. The court will take that into account as well and hold it against Alia.

john909 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -JC-

I agree with your take on the changes in Alia's character. However, the writers in a story cannot have a character be fully consistent with initial characterization. The story won't move forward. The story only moves forward when the character goes through conflict, makes choices, and bears the consequences and thereby changes as a result. This side of Alia is not her norm. But its very relatable. If I was going through IVF after many failed relationships and had my hopes pinned on that one child that is going to make my life whole and will be mine to love and hold and only mine, i'd be a crazy lunatic trying to fend off anyone who dares to threaten that sense of security I was seeking. Morals would go to hell at that point. Thats a basic human tendency that is baser than any elitist ideologies we generally try our best to live by as educated and civilized beings. Eventually Alia would learn her actions were not the best and she'll feel guilty for it. But the refreshing part of this show is that it doesn't show Alia as perfect. It shows her as human. 

There are some things in a person which are considered their core values and nothing shakes it as it defines them. Alia's core has always been her fairness and honesty. Be it any situation till now, she maintained that. I am only human can't be used as an excuse to justify mistakes. I get that she was insecure but it doesn't make it ok . If the situation was reversed, I doubt anyone would be saying this. It isn't about being perfect and even before this IVF thing, she wasn't. So right now she is just crossing lines and pinning it on her baby by saying she is doing it for her baby. She is not even admitting that what she is doing is wrong and that is the issue here. She hurt sarangdhar because she thinks he is not good enough financially or as a person. I agree that she wants to give the best to her baby but what example is she setting right now for her baby? That when you get desperate or insecure it is OK to cross lines. So when the baby someday asks her about her father,she will just say oh it was IVF and end it ? Isn't that lying as that is is not complete truth? Kids of a single parent are usually curious to meet the other parent be it mother or father. Will she have the guts to say that she voluntarily threw out their father from their life and that too without any fault of his? He wanted to know them but she didn't? You expect me understand that she has thought all this through? 

john909 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So far what I have been reading in comments is in favor of alia but I wonder if the situation was reversed, would everyone be saying the same things. Alia took a decision for her babies and that is alright but she had a conversation with sarangdhar last week, she basically told him how he feels and too based on her half baked knowledge about sarangdhar.  If she doesn't like it when people do that to her, how does she expect sarangdhar to be ok with it? First she said she understands that money is not everything but that was key point because of which she considers him an unfit father. So I am not sure what she meant by saying she understands. She is a planner but when did life ever work according to plans? That is what happened here and instead of accepting that she gave a check to sarangdhar to get rid of him. As I asked before, if it was sarangdhar giving alia a check like that, would you be saying the same thing? She hurt his self-respect because she was feeling insecure. Today whatever sarangdhar is doing is not completely right but what choice has alia left him with. She doesn't want him in her life but how can she decide whether sarangdhar should want to be in their babies life or not? She could have made an arrangement of sorts with him as a way to tone down the situation but here she is in a my way or highway mode. They both were cheated and sarangdhar who never wanted a baby is changing and want to prove himself for the babies so why doesn't he have the right to choose considering he didn't donate or sign with intention of being okay with a baby of his own and not knowing him/her. Alia got cheated by Rahul so she felt it was ok to cheat sarangdhar? Is she setting a good example for her babies? Just becoming a mother is not enough. Setting a good example and giving values is also a major part of the process. I never had any issues with her when she was planning to do it alone and both sides were consenting but that is not the case anymore. Situation has changed.

Dangelz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@ The topic maker - First of all, I would like to thank you for FINALLY bringing up such crucial points about this show! 

I am normally a silent reader of this forum, but I cannot HELP but rant about how Sarang and Alia's whole confrontation was left in bad taste. Initially when the whole IVF mishap happened, I was quite disappointed at Rahul as I was growing fond of his character...UNTIL he decided to pull all sorts of strings and make sketchy decisions about changing donors and keeping BOTH Alia and Sarang in the dark about everything. 

Ever since last week's episode where Sarang-Alia's face off happens and Sarang is aware of everything...I have been quite disturbed of the handling of the situation and characters! First of all, I have been reading all the comments and posts in this discussion and I guess I am not that surprised that many are siding in Alia's favour. What I am surprised about is how people are UNFAIRLY pinpointing things on Sarang! In this situation, Sarang is the poor guy who has been cheated, exploited and manipulated! He only came to Mumbai to fulfill his dreams of becoming a writer and prove his worth to his father...and now due to these circumstances he has landed himself into a situation that he never wanted or expected for that matter! In reality, Sarang can take strict legal action against Rahul and Alia both because technically he WAS manipulated and exploited because he did not have any knowledge or consent in this matter! 

Now coming to Alia's character, I have always admired her character for the kind of work ethics, principles and discipline she lives by. Despite her strict and introvert nature, I was able to connect to some parts of her personality under that exterior. I have also been understanding of her flaws and shortcomings because of her past and the constant inner battles and turmoil she still deals with even today. I can even understand her insecurities, and how she has pinned her hopes on having a baby that would give her that sense of love and security that she's always craved for. BUT I think what everyone is forgetting and throwing out the window is that she cannot have the liberty to cross certain lines and do everything in the name of her baby and her desire for motherhood. The way she was speaking to Sarang in the baby shop actually left a bad light on her character. I know that she also has been cheated and left in the dark, and she was not prepared to accept Sarang as her baby's donor...which was done due to Rahul's mishap! Up till that point, I still understood her feelings and that she accepted everything eventually because the baby mattered for her a lot...but the minute when she wants to get Sarang to sign on forms to keep him away from claiming rights, WITHOUT letting him know is what ticked me off. She was fully aware of what she was doing and she basically ended up getting what she wanted...but what about Sarang? What has he done to DESERVE any of this? In fact, he's in a complete lose-lose situation! When Alia was telling him in the baby shop that is this what you will teach a baby, how to yell and scream and scene-create in public...I just wished Sarang could have yelled back at her and say, is this what you want your baby to learn from you? How to deceive people and manipulate them WITHOUT their consent or knowledge?? Sarang had every right to be upset with the whole situation and react in that manner...in fact I would say he was still able to control himself without going overboard! YET Alia ended up comparing him to Veer, like really?? 

I don't know about others, but my heart went out for Sarang in this whole scenario! Poor guy had no clue what was happening, and all of a sudden the news of his sperm donation and how his own boss who he greatly admired, respected and  looked up to as a role model had pretty much manipulated him and has taken away his basic rights and made him a fool! Any one in Sarang's place would have reacted in that manner and in fact, I still feel he did not even blow up the way a person might have blown up if this situation took place in reality! 

I completely understand that Alia does not want Sarang to interfere or be part of her or her baby's life and she's tried her methods to make sure of that. That is completely her choice and decision, BUT I am not sure if she realizes that making Sarang sign papers so he cannot claim the baby...was an act of total manipulation and exploitation because she made a decision on his behalf and took away his rights for a simple thing like CONSENT! 

I know some people have already mentioned this in some earlier comments that if the tables were turned in this situation...I am sure that Sarang would not be spared and would be labelled as ALL sorts of horrible things. The way some people are labelling his current behaviour as harassment and interference is unfair. If people are able to understand and empathize with Alia's perspective and situation then I think people should empathize with Sarang's situation equally because he didn't decide any of this and yet based on his upbringing and his morals/values he wants to take the responsibility for his child. Yes, he should respect boundaries that Alia has set for herself and needs to understand that Alia wants to bring up this child on her own. Alia should realize that consent needs to be coming from both ends and she needs to have a proper talk with Sarang to set things straight. It's already a super awkward situation for both of them anyway.