*Ch12, pg 22 (8.6)| SaiRat FF: 77 Heartbreaks (Humari Adhuri Ka - Page 13

Posted: 3 years ago

Chapter 8: Ziddi Hai Dil 

(full) 

Virat woke up once again haunted by the same nightmare as the weeks before. Sai falling. The tumble, scream and the loud crash. He found himself haunted by that day. Yet the gripping reality came forth every single time - he would take the same decision again. At first, he wondered what compelled him to pick Pakhi's hand over Sai's. Was it their friendship? Old love? Or the protective feeling he had for her? Maybe it was the baby - Samrat and Pakhi's baby. A small life that shouldn't be lost in the fights within Chavan Niwas. 

Virat was left with an echoing emptiness that night. He wasn't mad at Sai. He was shocked. He never knew his little child bride could be so vicious. He has seen Sai bare her fangs, but he always thought she wasn't the type to bite. 

The memories of the fall came rushing to his mind, yet again. Him sprinting to the stairwell, catching Pakhi, missing Sai's hand, Sai falling and Pakhi screeching in pain. Pakhi had been obsessive about her baby, constantly fretting, being fussed over and getting showered with all the love from the family. It had been Mohit who rushed to Sai, horrified by the blood that flowed from the wound on her scalp. Sai had fallen unconscious soon after. And when she woke up, it had been like the Sai they'd all known never existed. 

Sai was cold. She barely spoke to anyone. Barely listened to anyone. Failed to emote. But mostly, showed no remorse. When Shivam had gone and kicked her angrily, she had pretended like it didn't happen, and went on with her day instead of chastising him about manners like she usually did. When Kaku said something to her, like washing her hospital clothes with the house clothes, Sai stopped bringing hospital clothes home. When Baba scolded Sai about wearing jeans to college, she had repeated the same outfit the next day, wearing a t-shirt instead of a kurti as she did earlier. Over the month, Sai had been reduced to just a dweller in the house and not a member. 

She barely came home, slept all day when she did, stayed away from her chores and eventually just used the house as a place to sleep when the night fell. Then she had stopped eating at home. Virat hadn't known if she simply skipped her meals or just didn't want to eat at home until he found empty Zomato boxes. She would be in their room studying, checking her phone, then walked to the gate, collected food and came back. 

"Eh, mulgi, Virat ke paise barbad kyun har rahi ho?" Kaku had yelled at her on one of those days. It had taken a moment for everyone to chip in. 

Aai had stepped in to say, "Rehne do na vahini. Aapne hi mana kiya that isse khana dene se. Bacchi bhookha rahegi kya," 

Virat had yet to chime in to defend her. He had opened his mother to begin his dialogue before she beat him to it. 

"Virat ke paise nai hai, mere paise hai," she had corrected her Kaku. 

"Haan, dekhi isse, yeh khamane lagi hai na, bhikaran," Kaku had started. 

"Kaku, bas bhi karo," Virat had stopped Bhawini. 

If she had married someone else. Any money would be their money, she had thought. But in this house, Virat's money was Kaku's money. 

"Arre, bolo apni biwi ko. Aur agar tumhare paas itne paise hai ya inte paise hai iske paas toh yeh chali kyun nai jaati. Bina waja hum sab ka din kharab karti hai," Sonali had said. 

"Mujhe bhi toh daant padti hai, main thodi na Iss Ghar ke paise barbad karti hoon," Karishma, Sonali's bahu had chimed in. 

Sai had simply left the room. Igniting further fights. 

Badtameez, Virat remembered thinking. She had no manners to talk to their family. 

Sai had gone for a shower and then straight to bed. Her favourite chocolate cake and pasta waiting for her on the table. She had gone to bed hungry yet again. 

Virat didn't sleep in the same room as her that night, preferring to stay in the library. He knew if he met her, he would fight with her, and things would just worsen between them. If there were things to worsen. 

For the first time, in all the years she had been here, Sai found herself breaking down. She truly didn't anyone to go home to. Travelling to Mumbai made the feelings of resentment much worse as her heart broke seeing Devi tai and Shivani bua get doted on their by their respective spouses. Devi tai had just given birth then and Shivani bua had been working so hard that her husband Akshay would be so nervous at their struggle as a couple. 

Maybe the cracks in the relationship took a more formative turn then, Sai wondered. 

Sai reflected the time she found herself pregnant. Though she was well aware that all relationships weren't equal, Sai had been terrified yet excited about the prospect of telling Virat. Yet, at the back of Sai's mind, it felt wrong. Invasive, even. Sai didn't want a child. She didn't know if Virat wanted a child. They weren't in a loving relationship. They had gone to bed fewer times than she could count on her fingers. Or maybe a bit more, to give an estimate. And yet every time it felt nothing like what Shivani bua and Devi tai discussed. If asked, to Sai a child felt like a trap. And every time Kaku taunted Sai about not giving the family a child and usurping resources. Sai fell back to her Aai's musings. "If only things were different," she said. "If only, Diljeet hadn't gone missing in action during the war. If only my family hadn't forced me to this match. I would have been an economist," she mused. "A very famous one at that, ah, Sai. But soon Virat was born and I just couldn't leave him behind or stay here." 

"Ey, Sai," Aai had advised. "I know, you get mad and talk about leaving. But you know you're my daughter, right. You're the same to me, as Virat's sister would have been. You're just a bit cuter and don't have Ninad as a father. Now, this is weird. But what I'm trying to say my baby is that if you ever decide to leave this family, I will always have your back. If you decide to stay, I would be happiest."

"Sometimes, I wonder, Sai, if you leave, would I stay? What would I have to stay for? I stayed back all these years for Virat. He's breaking my heart by turning out to be just like his father. Now that I have my degree, maybe I could apply for masters, find some stability and have another little daughter of my own to keep company for the next two decades or so. Maybe then I wouldn't be so alone, Sai,"

Aai had been oiling Sai's hair routinely to give her shaanti from her headaches. Sai had taken Aai's hands and wrapped them around her neck as Aai hugged her back and slowly broke into soft sobs. 

Sai hadn't met any of Virat's friends in the four and something years of 'marriage'. She knew he had friends for she had heard Pakhi and him share their tales. Sometimes even over the dinner table, gaining rare laughs from Kaku. As time passed, they hadn't even been friends. She had just been a responsibility to him. And Sai knew that once her studies were over, she would have to leave as promised. She had nothing to hold on to. 

On one of the days where Sai was feeling particularly unwell, she remembered sitting on the stairwell of the Chavan Niwas and watching the house bustle without her. Sonali kaku and Omi kaka doting on Karishma and Mohit as they played with Shivam who brought laughter in the house with his antics. Pakhi and Mansi bua knitting as they watched TV serials. Even Kaku and Ninad baba laughed as they discussed something. Aai fed Virat as he worked on his laptop. A few moments later, Aai had heaved a sigh of relief. Those were one of the moment Sai felt lost. It wasn't that they weren't a happy family. She just didn't fit in. 

Sai had remembered meeting Abba's family the second or third year of her marriage. A part of her had been worried. The other happy - did someone come to take her away? To save her? Instead, the lady who called herself Abba's mother just wanted the money Aaba left behind. And Sai, back then, had none. So she left her in the cafe with the vilest of words and nothing more. With her a lady dressed in white, her hair ducked in a pallu and eyes frozen to the ground. "This is your father's wife," the lady had said. "The woman he was supposedly in love with before your mother happened to him. Zindagi barbad ki uski. And you? You killed him! If it hadn't been for your mother and you, my son would have been alive. But he isn't now. And who are we to blame for that but you?" 

The plump matron like woman snarled at her. The woman in white, she had realised, was her paternal uncle's ex-wife. A woman confined in her father's parental house under the guise of his wife. She had a daughter, a few years older than Sai, who was sick. And they needed money for her. More money. 

"How did your father not leave you money when he left his elder daughter some?" the plump lady had questioned. "A few pennies. Yet, here you are decked in fancy clothes and studying at fancy colleges while Kamal Joshi's family struggles to have two proper meals." 

Slander. Yet again. 

Sai had instead walked away with her dignity intact. She had picked her bags, paid her bills and walked away. Ah, what would Bhawinu Kaku say if she was to hear the recent developments. 

The years after Abba's passing had taken a toll on Sai. She belatedly realised she knew nothing of her parents other than the tales Abba told her. She'd known Aai was a doctor but also believed Aai was an orphan, like Aaba. She had no family other than Abba and Usha moushi. And now with Usha moushi married with a baby of her own, Sai had felt more abandoned than ever. 

She walked home to an empty house, lived in an empty room and listened to everyone tell her how she brought nothing but misery. 

Maybe that's why when Sai woke up and saw Reyansh sitting on the sofa next to her hospital bed, his hair dishevelled and clothes crumpled, did she feel a sense of uncertainty. No one had been besides here since Aaba passed away. No one had cared enough to ask her if she was well, if she'd had food or if she had rough days. Aai did. But Aai was nice. And the love she had was for everyone. Not just Sai. 

But Sai woke up that afternoon with Purvi softly nuzzled in her arms, Shivani bua and Devi tai asleep in the bed next to them, Dadi Maa midst prayers and a wide-eyed Piyali who took turns to wake Purvi up to pray or stare wide-eyed at Sai. Piyali's (Devi's daughter) fairly loud gurgles caught Reyansh's attention and early a squeak from Purvi (who unbeknownst to Sai had been fighting for Sai's attention with the younger baby). And a bellowing cry as Reyansh checked Sai's temperature and vitals followed by gently lifting both of the babies out of her bed. The noise woke the other members up. And soon Sai was surrounded by a fussing family either mad at her, worried for her or just bitterly in tears. 

"I met Sai when she was barely 18," Shivani had wept the second day Sai didn't wake up. "She was a bubbly little thing. Always chirpy. Always willing to fight everyone's fights. She always smiled. And always cheered up everyone in the house."

"But our house, you see Aai, is hell. Sai was the kid who came home as my nephew's wife. But stayed as my sister-in-law's daughter. When I still lived there, there was this doting adoration Sai had for Virat. Like a moth to its flame. She held on to every word he said, waited on every word he said and probably expected the same doting adoration her father gave her. We all look for our father's unconditional love in our spouses, don't we? The wide-eyed smiles and grins as they tell us we're the most beautiful person they ever laid their eyes on... Even if we're dressed in ragged, with our makeup running and looked nothing better than a drenched rat. But I guess to Virat, she was nothing more than his responsibility."

Shivani sobbed. "When I left, I said to Sai: 'Let's leave. It's not like I have much, but I'll take care of you. You're a child. You don't deserve this.' But Sai believed that they'd get better. That they'd like her. She just didn't realise they needed someone new to prey on. They're a bunch of vultures. First, they went after Aai after Baba passed away. And when Aai left us. They married me off to a man twice my age in exchange for some power and prestige. I stayed there trapped, for years, beaten, bruised, and scarred. And all they ever said to me was, 'stay, out izzat lies in your hands'. It was only after he died and willed me his wealth that I found my way to their arms again. And the second divorce just added to it."

"With Sai, she was just a normal kid. An old ACP's teenage daughter who brought nothing of value to the family. Not wealth like Sonali, power like Bhavini, respect like Ashwini or prestige like Pakhi. She didn't fit there. And she never realised she never would. And they broke her. Year after year, month after month, week after week and day after day."

"She wasn't like this, Aai. She was such a happy baby. How could someone be so horrific to another human?" 

When everyone left the room and Sai found herself in the room with Reyansh - the room fell silent. He pulled her chair beside her bed as she turned away. 

"Do you love him?" he asked softly. 

"Who?" 

The unsaid words echoed in their minds. The father of your baby. 

Sai choked her sob. "No," she said. "I owe him."

"What do you owe him?" 

"Money." 

That's all their relationship had been hadn't it - he paid for her needs, she slept with him. What was she but a glorified mistress? A warm body. Someone that would leave once her term was done? 

"How much?" 

"I can pay him back." 

The silence was deafening. 

"I have been paying him back. Abba left me some money. I can't gain access to all of it at once. But whatever I do get, goes towards paying them back, it won't take too long," 

"And how long is too long Sai?" 

"I don't know." A year. Few months. Few weeks. A day? She didn't know. "All I know is I'm not going back there again." 

"Tell me the amount. I'll give you the money." 

She looked at him, questioningly. "I don't want to owe you money." 

"Fine, then I'll ask you Bua to pay the money." 

"I don't want to owe Bua money," 

"Then what do you want Sai?" 

The question echoed. To disappear. 

"How you long till you finally harm yourself?" he continued. 

"I don't know. I don't understand anything. Why did Abba leave me behind? And in the hands of such a family? It doesn't make sense, Rey." 

Her voice cracked into soft sobs as she narrated the story. Trying to make sense of it yet again. She wept as Reyansh held her in his arms. Her soft sobs and chokes breaking his heart as she clutched to his shirt. 

"You don't have to tell me the amount," Rey said to her. "This is Kaku sahib's number. She runs a charity that loans money to women in need. Of course, you can find a way to pay her back - through helping in the hospital, volunteering, interning or something or through cash when you get it. But contact her and take the money, Sai, and walk away - if that's the choice you want to make." 

Kaku saheb had lent Sai the money that night - a small effort for her precious godson. But nothing more fun than hunting the lecherous Vital Maane and his son jagtaap. When the city police station officers clocked in the next day - the found on their front door the family of three bound and gagged - Vital, his wife and son Jagtap - writhing in pain. Jagtap had his knee sockets and right shoulder blown out. The bare scraped bandage and limited medication barely making for the writhing pain they were in. 

The hawaldar saluted ACP Virat Chavan and the DIG Saab walked in. "Agnihotri Saab ka tohfa," he smiled. "Uski choti beti Aastha madam ke hone wale bahu ko cheda tha." The hawaldar smiled a cheeky smile. What would go if he pretended to know the ins and outs of the Agnihotri family? And who knew if the girl these fools misbehaved with was truly the khandaan ki bahu. But then, it wasn't every day that there was a statewide overnight hunt for two small goons while other forces prepared for a nation wife hunt if that failed. And sabko pata hai that Aastha madam thodi alag type mi hai. Playing cat and mouse games with her only son wouldn't do anyone any good. People do inherit their qualities from their parents, don't they? 

The hawaldar stood in position, ready to prepare for election duty in a few weeks. Agnihotri Saab was to be reelected as CM yet again. And he would get his sar pe chaaya yet again. Ah, life was set in a way. All he had to do is keep being the good pawn that he was. 

Virat Chavan on the other hand stood spooked at the bloodied grin that Jagtaap gave him followed by the maniacal laugh. Ah, karma sure is sweet, he thought. As he breathed through the pain. Pretty Sai. Virat stole her from him. But now look who was going to steal her from Virat. 

Purvi on the other hand was given a mission by bhai - in exchange for a vacation with Sai - to distract Aaj for a whole day so that Aai wouldn't create trouble for Bhai and her. So Purvi put on her best baby act and fussed over Aai. It wasn't that she didn't like it. But Aai usually saw through her. And she did again too. Aai looked at her and said, "I know you're going on vacation with Bhai. But our secret, okay Poovie?" Purvi instead sulked on her failed mission, much to her Aai's amusement. Purvi had one job, and she failed. So she sat on her small bed in Nanu's house, crossed her arms and sulked. Today Purvi was going to be an extremely fussy baby, she decided. Then at night, she would go to Bhai and squeam till Bhai took her to Sai Bai. It was the perfect plan. Only maybe she could replace the squeaming with following Bhai around and acting all cute. The tantrum would come, she decided, when Bhai would threaten to feed her gruel. For now, she would enjoy the few hours being fussed over by Aai. 

"Poovie," Aai fussed over her in a very weird baby voice, "Aai's bestie, tell me na, what do you do with your bhai? You can't be fussy and quiet like him okay? You need to be chatty like Aai." 

Purvi instead looked at her Aai wide-eyed. Aastha on the other hand was sure Purvi spoke less around her just to pull at her strings. Purvi hmphed. She couldn't complain about bhai, she decided. She gurgled. Ah-th-er. For water. Aastha sighed. There we went again with Purvi pretending not to talk. Purvi shrugged. She would trouble Bhai today. How dare he leave her with so many people when she wanted to be with her Sai Bai? Maybe she shouldn't have jumped on Sai Bai's bed and kept gurgling about everything Sai Bai had missed in her day. She would complain about Bhai to Aai, she decided. After all, he did leave her here with her. His fault. Then she gurgled and started mumbling her broken baby words much to her Aai's amusement. Aai was quite chatty and met her awws with more haaws and dramatics that made Purvi dramatics more fun. And for lunch, when Bhai joined them, Purvi let him narrate his versions with extremely animated glares, narrow eyes and pouts. He was mean, her Bhai. She would tell Sai Bai about him. 

A/N  Sorry guys. 😭 Still recovering from the two week long packing and travel - ish. I hope this chapter is okay. 😂 Probably a funny light chapter after this. Hopefully. 

Also, thank you for the loooong comments. They were so amazing to read. I could cry over how happy it made me knowing that you'll enjoy the plot as much as I do (though it's quite dark). 

Also, I'm not really well aware of politics and stuff. 😆Please do correct me when I make mistakes. 

Edited by AraBearxo - 3 years ago

No way after so much mess does he deserve coming even 6 ft near her 

Sometimes people are so mean to others feelings

Amazing as always, what a complex yet intriguing story it is.. with every part I read it makes me crave for more..

Keep writing dear

And post the next part soon.

We all wait for it eagerly 💕

Seriously Rey you are love manhhh... And I hope Virat soon know about the misunderstanding and definitely about her baby(not his 😡)

Was eagerly waiting for this update. Happy to see Sai with her little family. Want to read more about Reyansh. Which actor do you best see playing him?

superb 

finally sai decided to leave 

continue soon 

I love this story... suspense... drama... it’s so beautiful 

Thank you for such an amazing story

Originally posted by StarryStarryNyt

Was eagerly waiting for this update. Happy to see Sai with her little family. Want to read more about Reyansh. Which actor do you best see playing him?

Hi!

Aw, thank you. Sorry for the delay. 

I see Rehan as Ahad Raza Mir. Alternatively, Aditya Roy Kapur will do. 😆

Originally posted by Romance_addict

Girl you are just killing it 👍🏼👏

Loved it that you have built Sai's backstory because no where we have been able to know about her Aai.

Finally I can see now Sai will get people in her life who will be her home.❤️

Also liking Shivani and Sai's bond. Each part of the story just gets me more and more hooked to your story.

So please don't say you are writing fast or will take time before posting the next chapter.People might just die of waiting. 😉😭

Hi! 

Thank you! ❤️ There is indeed no mention of her Aai or immediate family. They're just assumed to be dead. 

Originally posted by Radiant_Eyes_

Wow 

So glad to read another chapter

I really loved the flow of it

Just wanted to tell you that maybe you messed up Aastha with apurva in middle para

She said if she didn't do that, then maybe Aastha wouldn't meet Kamal Joshi or run from home. She blamed his Baba for pursuing her despite knowing that Aastha loved him. She blamed herself for helping Apurva run away and hiding her location. Aai took to alcohol then.

I’m confused nd intrigued by Rey’s mom & dad now 😆

His dad pursued her mom - they apparently are in good  relationship to have another kid years later so what makes it troubled ? Apurva’s untimely death?

Celebrity turned business tycoon and doctor - Tashan wali jodi lagti hain - I m so intrigued by their story

I want an OS on them  🤣

Anyways before I get lost in their story . Let’s get back to Sai - 😆

I remember some character thinking Sai to be granddaughter of aparna’s dad 😆

So now I guess he’ll get her and Sai will discover more about herself, her mom , her dad and maternal family of her mom -looking forward to it 👍🏼

All these years it was just Kamal -but now she’ll reconnect with her mom 

I loved Shivani’s character nd her relationship with her hubby, in laws and Sai ❤️

Sai - is so young to have physical relationship and maintain marriage 💔- Her marriage with Virat is contractual - idk how she must’ve felt in these years 💔

I know she is consenting adult - but I wish she had a guardian to whom she could share her insecurities with - she lacks a mother figure-aai is there but she’s also her MIL -aastha can help her i guess 

Chavans irk me with their maturity-

A teenage girl - who recently lost her father - grew up without mom - needs care and guidance but they had/ have all sorts of expectations from her 

Such a toxic family - I can’t even express how much they disgust me - poorly written family by makers  👎🏼

Ppl won’t probably like this 

- but I want Sai to discover herself first and realise her dreams than rush into relationship be it with Rey or Virat 

I don’t want Sairat to reunite soo soon

It’s tragic to lose parents - get married at 18- have idiotic evil guys as in laws - uncertain marriage- now miscarriage 

Let’s see how it goes 

And yes - I love stories and shows with realistic approach - makes  it agonising but beautiful ❤️

Do Continue 😳

Hi! 

Thank you! I edited that. 

I wouldn't say they have a bad relationship. Maybe affected initially. But to me they're a couple that give each other space and live their own life. And are happy together in their dynamics. 

No, no. I believe (don't remember abhi 😆) that Rey's dad pursued his mom. But Sai's mom liked Rey's dad. So maybe Sai parents happened because she was heartbroken.

Loool. I wanted to do a Sai Virat OS. 😂 I was this close to like adding a bookmark thread. But shayad nahi. 😂

I think the major argument for me when said that girls do marry at 18 (arranged marriage) is that they want to get married and don't have dreams aside from that. Or they marry someone they love and want to spend their lives with. For Sai, she basically has this toxic family forced on her. It's horrible. 

Bold2: I agreeeee!!!! 

Italics. I agree. But let's see. 🤣

Underline. Ikr! 

I can rarely find realistic or semi realistic shows. Ghum was that but Jan se it's 🤢. Chavans annoy the crap out of me.

Best wishes, 

Kia