__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

"Sai, Pack your things. You will not stay in this house any longer."

The words spoken by her husband just an hour ago shouldn't have taken Sai by surprise but they did just that. From the moment Virat snapped the rubber band, she could visualize his patience meeting same fate. She was anticipating the moment he'll ask her to pack and leave for good. 

Everytime she thought that she wouldn't let these people goad her into these stupid yelling competitions, they would do something really vicious and she'd find herself in middle of a mess which not only took a toll on her own sanity but also somehow  managed to increase that infathomable distance between her and Virat. She had no idea how every measured step she too, every cautious turn to avoid locking horns with the toxic people managed with her ending up getting into an ugly fight with someone. 

She could see the scene unfolding in front of her eyes when Virat's frustration would someday turn into anger and anger giving way to hatred. Everyday was like walking on the edge of a knife. She knew how every single time she was painted guilty in his eyes. And she dreaded the day he'll act on his urge to rid himself of her. Someday, she wished it were today that he gets over with it and she could go on with her life. But next moment she'd want their time together to stretch a little bit. 

Everytime he said her name she braced herself, expecting him to finally loose his calm logic and let misunderstandings dictate his mind. But the words never came. Until an hour ago.

"Would you terribly mind if I..." Virat's hesitant voice brought her out of her reverie and before she could process his words he laid his head in her lap.

"I need a nap..." he whispered guiding her hand to his forehead. "This headache is killing me" 

Her hands started moving on their own and his scrunched eyebrows eased. 

She tried to recall how it all happened. How both of them ended up sitting in Virat's car parked god knows where. The events were a whirlwind of angry voices and insults. One moment she was trying and terribly failing to make Kaku understand that what Devi tai needed was medical treatment not estrangement and isolation and the next she was on floor with the heat followed by a stinging pain spreading on her cheek.

Before her own reaction she heard a scream that could be best described as a roar and as the tears made their way down her cheeks she felt his protective arms around her.

When Ninad made his threat to lay his hands on her, Sai was sure it was hollow as he didn't had guts to see it through. But he was foolish enough to do exactly that. As much as she felt wronged she fought hard to run and seek her Aaba, scream for him to come back and stand by her. 

She felt Virat's arm pulling her right back on her feet while maintaing a firm grip. She eased her weight on him and stared Ninad in eye making it clear that his brute force has failed to beat her into compliance. And her courage won't ever fail her.

"Since you've dared to raise your hand on my wife, I hope you're ready to bear the consequences" Virat's voice wasn't raised. But if the dread on Ninad's face was any indication, it was one of his biggest mistake and his son was going to make him regret making it for the rest of his life.

"I'm sorry Virat... This girl..." Ninad stammered.

"I know you are... But you'll not not repeat this. Ever. I am going to make sure of that" Virat managed to spat each word through his clenched teeth as his arms tightened around Sai." Not to Sai, Not to anyone else. Because hands once raised are rarely lowered" he eyed his mother assuring her that he meant every word.

And just like that he helped Sai pack her things, one or two of his own and marched out of Chavan Nivas without so much  a backward glance. Every member in the family except Ashwini and Shivani tried to stop him but his eyes never left Sai. It was like everyone else had ceased to exist for that moment and all he'd left was Sai.

She couldn't manage to draw parallel between the man who claimed that the house was a part of who he is. And the one who walked out of it for her. No a man like Virat might leave a house for responsibility and duty but he'd never walk out on his family in the name of duty. He did it for her. Yes , her. And a warm feeling enveloped her heart just looking at him as her fingers brushed slowly through his hair.

Edited by __VIHU - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raji02 thumbnail

Superb❤️❤️❤️. Itv shows exaggerate joint families. There is nothing wrong in walking out of it if the environment becomes too toxic. 

Love this! ❤️ Thank you for writing this

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Though I am pissed to even imagine that spineless man raised his hand on her but at least in fictions these guys walk out of that Toxic Niwas 

Very well written VIHU! 👏

NAVI55 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Splendid 😊

In the serial Virat will never leave his home...atleast here he did...this was just amazing 👏

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

lovely

would like to see virat standing up for sai and leaving the chakram niwas for good