Created

Last reply

Replies

20

Views

3.3k

Users

14

Likes

67

Frequent Posters

aishwarya12joys thumbnail
9th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
#11

This is far more tolerable for the whole reason that the female lead's character does not stay silent and tolerate shit. People who have watched kundali bhagya and kukum bhagya knows how tolerable this is. I have liked Neil bhatt from Gulaal and the guy is getting his deserved recognization Now. so I can tolerate this though I feel they are not utilizing 10% of talent because the guy shined in Gulaal in the angst scenes. Hope he gets the same scenes here. It's good to see underrated actors finally getting their due. Hope this show survives for three - four years and braces Neil with some awards. 10 years in industry and he finally got the hype Now

canuck-umz thumbnail
15th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
#12

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Totally agree. This is an Indian show,and an Indian television show doesn't run for a long time without kitchen politics and unnecessary drama. Sometimes, I just feel like switching off the television. And, this was the main reason I stopped watching any show. I was hoping this was a different show than the rest but, I was mistaken. If this show goes on, then it will be only because of Neil.


Unfortunately, this show has an overdose of sexism and misogyny even compared to the regular ITV fare. Sai's way of dealing with the BS makes it a little easier to digest.

The silver lining to this negativity is that it is bringing in the TRPs and Neil is finally getting his due otherwise it would have only been all the Gulaal fans watching with maybe a few DABH fans here and there.

silvermoonlight thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
#13

I used to watch Neil in Karol Bagh and there was another show where he played a mystical being in a fantasy show.


he is a good actor and I’m glad he is paired against the character of Sai


But if they don’t tone down the sexism and negativity in the show it will begin to go downhill


sometimes Sai having to stand up to every1 while being bullied actually makes it worse ! It’s so exhausting to watch even though Sai stands her ground . I think it makes me even angrier cause it’s like wtf give the girl a break

Miss-Behave thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
#14

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

I feel you! The Chavans have been pissing me off since their entry (Kaku and her treatment of Ashwini right from the beginning). Such hypocrisy, sexism, double standards, misogyny etc.


I only bear their nonsense for Neil Bhatt and especially because he is in a legit lead role after a decade. Sai's characterization redeems the show too.


@Bold- Totally on board with you here. I don't think many people actually realise how long neil bhatt has been around for in tv industry, but it is only now he is getting his due with a good show that is a trp topper and where he is a proper lead, plus one that won't go off air prematurely or too soon. Honestly this show's USP is virat and sai's characterisations, especially sai.

Miss-Behave thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
#15

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Totally agree. This is an Indian show,and an Indian television show doesn't run for a long time without kitchen politics and unnecessary drama. Sometimes, I just feel like switching off the television. And, this was the main reason I stopped watching any show. I was hoping this was a different show than the rest but, I was mistaken. If this show goes on, then it will be only because of Neil.


@Bold- and ayesha's character sai. Let's be honest, would we be able to tolerate the chavan family drama, if the character of sai was like a gopi or preeta, a typical sanskaari, meek, doormat personality who is completely selfless with no self-respect? Nope, because the only real silver-lining in these horrid family dramas in this show is that the female lead has this fearless, no-filter attitude towards people who offend her, so out of any itv female lead seen till date, sai is the best to handle in-laws like chavans, else any other itv female lead seen till date would not handle chavans at all but would instead take their abuse silently, give into all their demands and act all selfless to impress them.

Miss-Behave thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
#16

Originally posted by: aishwarya12joys

This is far more tolerable for the whole reason that the female lead's character does not stay silent and tolerate shit. People who have watched kundali bhagya and kukum bhagya knows how tolerable this is. I have liked Neil bhatt from Gulaal and the guy is getting his deserved recognization Now. so I can tolerate this though I feel they are not utilizing 10% of talent because the guy shined in Gulaal in the angst scenes. Hope he gets the same scenes here. It's good to see underrated actors finally getting their due. Hope this show survives for three - four years and braces Neil with some awards. 10 years in industry and he finally got the hype Now


@Bold- can't agree more.... I watch both and pragya-preeta type characters would be crushed like ants by chavans because of how meek and sanskaari they are as well as how they try to win people over by going out of their way to do good things for undeserving in-laws. Only a sai type female lead who has never been written on ITV before could handle chavans who constantly gives them shock therapy with her snappy retorts and fearless antics.


Yeah I too have watched neil since gulal days and finally it is paying off. BTW is there no way we could contact SP to get them to upload gulal on hotstar? Even before GHKKPM started, past 2 years I have been trying to find a way to watch gulal online again and the episodes are nowhere to be seen, and hotstar stupidly has not got gulal on one of my other fave shows, ek nanad khi khushiyon ki chaabi meri bhabhi, but they have lots of other useless old shows.🤢

Miss-Behave thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
#17

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

I used to watch Neil in Karol Bagh and there was another show where he played a mystical being in a fantasy show.


he is a good actor and I’m glad he is paired against the character of Sai


But if they don’t tone down the sexism and negativity in the show it will begin to go downhill


sometimes Sai having to stand up to every1 while being bullied actually makes it worse ! It’s so exhausting to watch even though Sai stands her ground . I think it makes me even angrier cause it’s like wtf give the girl a break


12/24 karol bagh was a very highly underrated show.

Edited by sammy17 - 5 years ago
Red_eyes thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
#18

Virat’s dad is just very mean

Doesn’t use his brain

columbia thumbnail
15th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
#19

@ Post maker

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I agree. I have actually stopped watching the show. The couple is really cute but the rest is Tati!

What makes me really angry is that I actually grew up in a joint family and ITS NOTHING LIKE THIS!! these kind of shows give the impression that families are the worst, no wonder girls don’t want to marry guys who still live with his parents.

Earlier I used to just keep watching the show on ff with all the sexism and misogyny the whole thing used to give me a headache, now I don’t even bother. I come by the forum, if I read that the episode had a cute scene then I try and check it out! Frankly waiting for the day when someone puts all of SAIRAT scenes in a Google drive or something.

It is so sad that in 2021 also we will be subjected to terrible shows like this 🤮🤢


sukri thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
#20

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

I like watching Viraat Sai

They are cute and I like the way Viraat stands up for


But my god the negativity and sexist shit in this show is so unbearable

Viraats father is an absolute di@k ...terrible father, terrible role model ...how da faq was this dude an IPS officer ..this sexist pig ...

Kaku - this lady goes on and on about proper behr but talks like a nasty bit$c. Her vocab is disgusting and so third class ...using names like jungli


paakhi - nasty yucky woman ...lusting after Viraat...she has no redeeming qualities at all...wish she would fall out of the show


with the exception of a few positive characters the house is overdone and rife with sexism and negativity


Totally agree. But looks like this is what gets TRP.

They have way too many negative characters, OTT shouting and scheming. Why would audience want to watch someone's misery is beyond me.


There is a saying “Aurat hi aurat ki sabse badi dushman hai” or “Women are their own enemies”.


This show proves it again and again every episode. Star plus and their all the PH probably think that's what women in joint families do. Female lead being abala and tortured is their wet dream.


When educated people like Pakhi or Ninad who is ex-army shout idiotic stuff to an 18 year old orphan girl, who is there in their house only coz her dad died saving their chahita beta's life. All she wants is to study and they can't even do that for her 🙄 . What is the point of their education or work experiences?


I dont know where the writers come up with such regressive ideas even in 2021 !!

Even if they have to copy an old regional show, adapt it to present world.

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".