Fan Fictions

P&P Part II - Page 25

rr66 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

i love the dialogue of bunny from yeh jawaani hai deewani: tu right nahi h naina bas mujhse bohot alag h.. and naina replies jaanti hu...

like so many around us smrita ka bhi same problem h.. lyf will be sorted if people understand this simple thing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: VeeIyer

Have been having issues with my browser and unable to use the Like button nor post replies ! Reached out to Jas and and have partially sorted it out, yet to figure out the basic issue...Thanks Jas !!

I watched an episode of a Netflix series...Bollywood wives.... Smrita has totally stepped out of that episode..Shallow, frivolous self absorbed women with no standing of their own, resting on their husbands' laurels and giving gyaan to the world !!

With this episode, I so completely give up on Smrita and have not even a 1 % hope that she is going to come around. All she has is a raw silk blouse on her back, her husband's bank balance and the honour of being a college drop out!!  She is envious of Anu to the core and boy ! she needs to be...no comparison at any level

Veev...please seriously consider your options and figure out how to move forward...Raanav might be optimistic about the future but if Veev and her family are going to constantly be on a knife's edge with Smrita and her airs, it is a long bleak future we see ahead

Shall we let Dadi loose on Smrita and get her to give a few set downs ?? very tempting !

I literally am in the room in every update, chewing my fingernails, shaking my head in disbelief, itching to give my own set downs to Dadi and Smrita and cheering Anu and Akash on !! 

Great writing Nisha...been following you for five years now and you have never let us down with every  character of yours so well created and firmly etched in our minds !

Thanks Vee

You have to understand Smrita is neither here nor there. Personally her accomplishments are zero. Professionally she is NOT quite the Bollywood wife.  She is not Nita Ambani neither is she Gauri Khan

That hurts her. Overcompensating helps! She does it to an extent that she has discredited her her own son's professional achievements

If Viveka walks away it becomes too easy. She will marry him🤣

Nisha0604 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Errrantnomad

Smrita listed 25 things, between charities she was in the committees , to high profile celeb clubs and “young women self confidence leagues”

“You know young women these days they don’t know how to dress how to talk, how to conduct themselves”

Whether we concur or don't concur with this, grooming has become an industry in itself. Smrita might not really know or care for GDP but when Haute couture,  products and service also finds itself as a component in the calculation of GDP, she's a huge contributor to GDP. 

That dialogue of vadivel comes to my mind now. Oorula mukka vasi Peru ipidi dhaan naatu nilavaram theriyama thaan thiriyarununga.... 🤣Majority population are very limited intellectually and are far too consumed with their routines, their bread and butter hassles to care about the country's economy. 

May be Dadi, or a Diya or a Naina even , whether you have a paying job or not , might not appear knowledgeable ... well read in knowing what's GDP in its real sense and why economists are obsessed with it. Avanavanukku oorula mukkiamana vera prachai ellam irikuppa.😆

But Dadi surely knows she has three four properties that earn her kiraya, rent and perhaps even grooms for her grand daughters. Smart?!!☺️😳

I wouldn't want to be entirely dismissive of how valuable smrita is to Satyen as in coming across as being a Trophy wife because in someway or the other she has been by his side networking and hobnobbing with people who matter to Satyen all these years. I would like to give the benefit of doubt to smritas of the world who feel the pressure too in their own ways. Most of the deals don't get done across a work table. They are conveniently negotiated outside of work spaces. Charity appearances, print media mentions, home tours, imaging , high profile wine and dine -.... ooh!!!!. Only attention to details get hashed , the I's dotted and T's crossed , across a work table by guys like Raanav. If Raanav is an important cog in the wheel, smrita in some way is too. She's not paid for it though, she's just gently nudged to take these courses as is she were part of employee Mgmt prgm that has the corporates identifying staff resources and paying for their while on the job mba's .

Fashion or glamourous grooming Per se is synonymous for its shallowness and is subject to flaky ridicule. I watched Devil wears Prada and Miranda priestly brilliantly played by Streep and that movie gave me my 101 in trying to understand the world of fashion and modeling. So organically we have a smrita parashar being dismissive and snooty of Fab India as a fashion brand. I don't even mind that she puts modeling ahead of fiber optics legal career for her son Raanav. Nor do I mind she goads veev on her fashion sense. She finds those subject matters interesting and jobs/ career  over rated and that's fine IMO. 

Smrita's problem is not that she is not intellectual or that she's far too consumed with appearances but my grouse with her is she is nearly delusional  to falsely believe that other things or other people are of no relevance to her if the veevs and Anubhas of the world don't align themselves to her world.  Her problem is she's as diabolical as the character played by Streep with her excessive demands and berating/ humiliating treatment of people whom she considers are beneath her. That's what not acceptable IMO.

Jaane do.... never mind... the MOST PLEASING TAKE AWAY for me is this. Veev completely sure of herself states  to smrita that she's in love with her son and marked her territory . Mwah Mwah!!❤️🥳

Sorry really long one folks. Bear with me please. Ongina kai nikkala as my parents say.... couldn't stop the raising hand. 

Here is another Vadivel one for you my sweet friend

In yet another village scene, he is talking with his sidekicks a bunch of gaudily dressed women wearing crowns walk by he asks them where they are headed

They tell him they are going to the Ms Tenkasi beauty competition

He tells  one woman as he pulls her crown off her head "Paatha Tenkasi lendu miss avaramari ille irukku (you look like you could go missing from Tenkasi)

I just about die every time  I watch that scene on Aditya🤣 Tamil comedy can drive anyone's blues away. I mean such perfect timing and superb emoting and SO WELL WRITTEN

No wonder its a siru thozhil (cottage industry)

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: VeeIyer

Have been having issues with my browser and unable to use the Like button nor post replies ! Reached out to Jas and and have partially sorted it out, yet to figure out the basic issue...Thanks Jas !!

I watched an episode of a Netflix series...Bollywood wives.... Smrita has totally stepped out of that episode..Shallow, frivolous self absorbed women with no standing of their own, resting on their husbands' laurels and giving gyaan to the world !!

With this episode, I so completely give up on Smrita and have not even a 1 % hope that she is going to come around. All she has is a raw silk blouse on her back, her husband's bank balance and the honour of being a college drop out!!  She is envious of Anu to the core and boy ! she needs to be...no comparison at any level

Veev...please seriously consider your options and figure out how to move forward...Raanav might be optimistic about the future but if Veev and her family are going to constantly be on a knife's edge with Smrita and her airs, it is a long bleak future we see ahead

Shall we let Dadi loose on Smrita and get her to give a few set downs ?? very tempting !

I literally am in the room in every update, chewing my fingernails, shaking my head in disbelief, itching to give my own set downs to Dadi and Smrita and cheering Anu and Akash on !! 

Great writing Nisha...been following you for five years now and you have never let us down with every  character of yours so well created and firmly etched in our minds !

Lovely to see you back and active here Vani đŸ¤—

jaschick thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Errrantnomad

Smrita listed 25 things, between charities she was in the committees , to high profile celeb clubs and “young women self confidence leagues”

“You know young women these days they don’t know how to dress how to talk, how to conduct themselves”

Whether we concur or don't concur with this, grooming has become an industry in itself. Smrita might not really know or care for GDP but when Haute couture,  products and service also finds itself as a component in the calculation of GDP, she's a huge contributor to GDP. 

That dialogue of vadivel comes to my mind now. Oorula mukka vasi Peru ipidi dhaan naatu nilavaram theriyama thaan thiriyarununga.... 🤣Majority population are very limited intellectually and are far too consumed with their routines, their bread and butter hassles to care about the country's economy. 

May be Dadi, or a Diya or a Naina even , whether you have a paying job or not , might not appear knowledgeable ... well read in knowing what's GDP in its real sense and why economists are obsessed with it. Avanavanukku oorula mukkiamana vera prachai ellam irikuppa.😆

But Dadi surely knows she has three four properties that earn her kiraya, rent and perhaps even grooms for her grand daughters. Smart?!!☺️😳

I wouldn't want to be entirely dismissive of how valuable smrita is to Satyen as in coming across as being a Trophy wife because in someway or the other she has been by his side networking and hobnobbing with people who matter to Satyen all these years. I would like to give the benefit of doubt to smritas of the world who feel the pressure too in their own ways. Most of the deals don't get done across a work table. They are conveniently negotiated outside of work spaces. Charity appearances, print media mentions, home tours, imaging , high profile wine and dine -.... ooh!!!!. Only attention to details get hashed , the I's dotted and T's crossed , across a work table by guys like Raanav. If Raanav is an important cog in the wheel, smrita in some way is too. She's not paid for it though, she's just gently nudged to take these courses as is she were part of employee Mgmt prgm that has the corporates identifying staff resources and paying for their while on the job mba's .

Fashion or glamourous grooming Per se is synonymous for its shallowness and is subject to flaky ridicule. I watched Devil wears Prada and Miranda priestly brilliantly played by Streep and that movie gave me my 101 in trying to understand the world of fashion and modeling. So organically we have a smrita parashar being dismissive and snooty of Fab India as a fashion brand. I don't even mind that she puts modeling ahead of fiber optics legal career for her son Raanav. Nor do I mind she goads veev on her fashion sense. She finds those subject matters interesting and jobs/ career  over rated and that's fine IMO. 

Smrita's problem is not that she is not intellectual or that she's far too consumed with appearances but my grouse with her is she is nearly delusional  to falsely believe that other things or other people are of no relevance to her if the veevs and Anubhas of the world don't align themselves to her world.  Her problem is she's as diabolical as the character played by Streep with her excessive demands and berating/ humiliating treatment of people whom she considers are beneath her. That's what not acceptable IMO.

Jaane do.... never mind... the MOST PLEASING TAKE AWAY for me is this. Veev completely sure of herself states  to smrita that she's in love with her son and marked her territory . Mwah Mwah!!❤️🥳

Sorry really long one folks. Bear with me please. Ongina kai nikkala as my parents say.... couldn't stop the raising hand. 

Very well written Kalpana. Absolutely Dadi knows concept of GDP and economics in her own terms and Smrita probably the biggest contributor to GDP per capita in the lot. 

If she had been an intellectual like Anu or Viveka, the probability of Satyen taking an interest in her would have been far less. Ranaav wouldn’t have appreciated that she can beat him up with economic theory if he had been fed that at home. 

jaschick thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Here is another Vadivel one for you my sweet friend

In yet another village scene, he is talking with his sidekicks a bunch of gaudily dressed women wearing crowns walk by he asks them where they are headed

They tell him they are going to the Ms Tenkasi beauty competition

He tells  one woman as he pulls her crown off her head "Paatha Tenkasi lendu miss avaramari ille irukku (you look like you could go missing from Tenkasi)

I just about die every time  I watch that scene on Aditya🤣 Tamil comedy can drive anyone's blues away. I mean such perfect timing and superb emoting and SO WELL WRITTEN

No wonder its a siru thozhil (cottage industry)

His slapstick will live forever. 

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Jas

I am rolling on the floor THANK YOU!

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi!! I just inhaled the updates as if i got to see food after a few months.. I'm going to go read them again leisurely now đŸ˜Š

But i can't say it enough... you're an amazing author and this story is an utterly engaging tale!! It's hard to put it down, it's hard to wait for the next part and to know that you churn out this work almost daily, each time with the same brilliance and some more.. thank you so much!!

Another thing which struck me and i can't resist pointing out is that the original Pride and Prejudice has Bingley breaking up with Jane (I'm not 100% sure of the names) due to her lukewarm response.. because she was reserved and not very enthusiastic, if i remember right!!!

You have Inder breaking up with Naina because she's too intense, over enthusiastic and forward probably!!! What a brilliant and interesting twist đŸ‘đŸ‘

This story is not a simple retelling of Austen's P&P... everywhere, with small twists like these.. you've owned it!!! â¤ď¸

jodha111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Eagerly Waiting for update .🤔Please update ✍️✍️✍️

Nisha0604 thumbnail

“Do you.. I mean?” “U”

“Yeah Mrs Parashar I am in love with him” Viveka spoke softly, blushing a deep red

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interior & Exterior

“That’s great, that’s great” Smrita was left almost speechless

A few minutes went by when neither spoke, as Viveka excused herself to answer some texts

And she returned mentally and smiled pleasantly

Smrita just could not figure her out

Why was Viveka so pleasant, why wont she get mad? Why is there no look of insecurity even after the longish lecture about luxury and press interviews and decadent lifestyle

Does she not care about any of it?”

Smrita quizzed her as to why she would choose to work for free for impoverished crafts persons, and why she didn’t take up a job at a prestigious Wall St bank or Investment firm

Viveka spent many minutes explaining why, simply and thoughtfully

“Will you move to Kharagpur if you enroll?”

Viveka nodded and smiled with great enthusiasm “Oh I wish”

“Raanav cannot work from small towns you see” she muttered gently

“He told me he frequently works from factory sites at yavatmal and Aurangabad, Kharagpur is a picturesque college town with many green areas where he can run”

Great! Looks like Raanav had told her everything!

Great!!

“You haven’t been have you? I know Lekha has, MANY TiMES. Our Aurangabad township is like Singapore” Smrita was afflicted with hyperbole

“No I haven’t been” Viveka shook her head

“You will not feel like you are even in India” yet another hyperbole

Smrita looked up her phone furiously to show a real luxuriously furnished “summer retreat of British colonizers” on a tree lined avenue

“This looks lovely” Viveka nodded

“Yeah Lekha loves it she hopes to redecorate it to her taste” Smrita reminded her that such privilege will never be available to Viveka

“Better her than I, because I would trust Naina with my house, not myself” she laughed

Smrita’s expression crumpled when she heard Naina’s name

Viveka kept on “Naina made it to the 30 under 30 list of Interior Designers in NCR”

“There are so many places offering such courses I am happy she was able to find a good one”

“Oh she did a two year research project in Design Innovations Center of School of Planning & Architecture, that’s one of the toughest programs to get into”

“Nice”

“And she interned for Satish Gujral’s protégé” Viveka sighed with a satisfied appreciation

“that’s great”

“Has she designed your house?” smriti was a smart cookie

“Well, she has indeed designed the way we use spaces, when Papa got the allotment of the apartment she showed up almost everyday to plan” Viveka laughed

Viveka’s phone rang again

“You are so busy” Smrita mumbled

“Umm.. students”  she glanced at her phone

“They ask for better marks?”

“No they don’t” she smiled fondly wondering why she thought so poorly about JNU students

“Oh?” Umm”

“We are planning a destination  wedding for Rakshit and Lekha”

“That’s great” nodded Viveka, as she checked her ringing phone, pushing her glasses up

She had been harassed and prodded and argued with about giving in on that topic, so she knew already

“Yeah those are the rage these days, my cousin is getting married in December in Mauritius” 

“Oh? Who?”

Oh! How could Viveka the nerd hijack Smrita’s property?

“Harsha Shrivastav? My Uncle’s son”

Viveka did not ask Smrita “don’t you know them, that’s where I even met your gorgeous son for the first time. Ive seen you there”

“Oh?” Name sounds familiar”

“Haha its such a  common name”

Viveka didn’t get riled

“Viveka is a unique name” Smrita sighed

“Oh why? Oh why did this girl had to have such a self confident high achieving brain and have such a unique name… Raanav, why beta”

“Thanks… If that can be something to be proud of”

“Were they expecting a boy? Ur parents?”

She knew Anubha had heard those exact words from Smrita at their first meeting

Viveka looked up at Smrita in shock and quickly composed herself

“I am not sure, I don’t know, but I am glad I got that name” she smiled

“Viveka Parashar” Smrita let those sounds roam her brain

A soft groan escaped her lips

Viveka’s phone started to buzz

She could see exactly what Raanav saw in her

Utterly gorgeous, articulate, kind, and with such a unique name

“How can I break them up?” she swallowed “I need to work harder” her mental voice urged her

“Well nice meeting you” Viveka said picking up her phone, and car keys

“same” Smrita nodded

“When we get closer to the wedding and start handing out event cards for Rakshit’s wedding we will definitely have you over for… an event” Smrita was back! She would invite Viveka to wedding events she sees fit

“that’s great” Viveka nodded

“Don’t tell anyone but its likely to be in an island off the coast of Thailand in a private island, or at a Scottish estate near Fife”

Viveka stood up and nodded with a smile

“Ive told Raanav when he gets ready he needs to pick a location, Delhi is too polluted and crowded to host a wedding”

“Oh?”

“Oh yeah… I cannot have people over in this mess” she waved both hands

“I am sure” Viveka was trying not to laugh at Smrita

Smrita got up ditching her napkin and gave her a warm hug

“You take care of that gorgeous skin OK…. Too much pollution”  worrying about how anyone and everyone looked on the outside

“I will thanks” Viveka smiled genuinely shocked

“My future DIL owns a natural skin care empire, I will ask her if she can help and text you some products”

“Great” Viveka nodded

Smriti was hoping for a “really? Can I get a discount?”

“have you met her?” “She is a smart ambitious woman who knows how to turn a profit” Smrita took a not so subtle potshot at Viveka who had chosen selfless service for crafts peoples’ welfare instead of taking a SVP job at a foreign bank

“Nope, Ive only met Kalyani”

“Oh Kalyani” Smrita rolled her eyes “Such a child”

“She is very sweet”

“Bye Mrs Parashar”

Foolish Mrs Parashar would text Raanav

“I am done with my meeting beta, come on over” she urged a minute too soon

Raanav was made to wait at the bar lest he saw Viveka

But as fate would have it as Viveka was walking down the hallway from the coffee shop, she bumped into raanav

“What are you doing here” he smiled letting his eyes rove her form

“Oh I just met your mother” she smiled

“You DID?” he asked in shock

“hmm… kyon?”

He looked nervously at her face

“I didn’t know”

“Are you going to see her?”

“Yeah I got here early she said she is in a meeting”

“She is gorgeous” Viveka said with a smile

He smiled slowly

“I had a good chat”

“Can you wait?” he begged