Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniZelda thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Loved the review, Dwipi. I had to watch the episode twice before being able to form my thoughts for a review (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it smiley2)

First thing I want to say right at the top: SharBhi are fire, and they deserve better than rushed editing, inconsistent writing and thakeli choreography smiley24 whatever problems there are with this show exist within those things, and have absolutely nothing to do with SharBhi and their acting, chemistry or hard work. We all know this, but I thought it bears repeating. SharBhi, and Vani, make this show ❀️. 

Ep-wise, though I'm still annoyed the SR stuff all happened under the cloud of this moon-hypnotism smiley24, there's no denying that all of the Vani scenes were impactful and beautiful in their own ways. The one where Veer apologises (and actually, where Bani also apologises through the candles for every bad thing she's ever done to him, which was unexpected but very telling and sweet - I wish that we'd had a chance to see this play out like it was supposed to) was lovely. His apology seemed sincere, and I guess that's why Bani didn't question it or think too much about his behaviour beforehand. I don't think this hypnotism is like we've been assuming, ki moon aaya and bam he's hypnotised πŸ˜• they haven't explained it very well...but personally I think that the hypnotism heightens his negative emotions like jealousy or anger and pushes them out aggressively - like with everything associated with Jay. Either that, or Markaat has to actively possess him every second, and when she doesn't, he returns to himself (?)...there was one point where she was like "wait, what happened to Veer, is he still possessed or not?" which I thought was super weird πŸ˜† yeh kya banegi villain...like I said, not well explained. 

My worry before watching the ep was that Veer would be possessed during the SR itself, and using it as a way to trick Bani...I don't think that is what it was in the end, and I'm gonna watch those scenes ignoring any hypnotism stuff and assuming it's all our Veer. 

The date itself - kya kahun? Both looked hot β€οΈ I actually didn't mind the various songs, they were all lovely, and the date lasted longer than I thought it would, runtime-wise. I thought it would be one or two scenes and done...and I can't believe they used Laal Ishq after all πŸ€£ my only thing was, like I said, the tired choreography. Not sure why the choreographer gets so hyped up on his own work...it's stale at best. Nonetheless, SharBhi were cute, but my favourite part of that whole scene was when they are in the gazebo, just talking  Bani calling herself Mrs Bani Veeranshu Singhania  (and Veer not being surprised by that, because after all, if she's here with him, he knows she feels something), but then Veer's joy at seeing his name in her mehendi was adorable. I'm glad they took the moment to show that, because after last week I was disappointed he didn't see her mehendi and I thought they'd just ignore it with everything else going on. I know she didn't say the words ILU, but her actions throughout the ep said it all, and after she said that she wants to be with him, wants to be in this relationship, is all in, Veer knows that as well. I hesitate to say this because the show seems determined to prove me wrong whenever I theorise something πŸ€£, but I think they're saving the ILU for the moment that brings Veer out of this possession. I hope, anyway. Either way, it was clear that Bani loves Veer, and the way she let herself be vulnerable in front of him (drinking the champagne etc.), he knew it too. 

I loved the fact that she wore his shirt  it's such a romantic trope, and not one that I've seen much on ITV, certainly not in this intentional way...she looked hot in it, and no wonder Veer was mesmerised. I loved the little kisses, the jewellery-removal, the whole thing. The consummation was tasteful - one must remember this is still ITV and not HBO πŸ€£ but SharBhi would look zabardast on an OTT platform...I need to see them in a web series together with this kind of intensity, but levelled up to like 600. 

The "dafaa ho jayo" honestly made me laugh more than anything else πŸ˜† it was all so abrupt and came out of nowhere...no wonder Bani has realised by the next ep that something is wrong with her "pati" ()...it was a really abrupt about-turn. If Veer had been unhypnotised but an asshole, surely he would have been way suaver than that in rejecting her?! πŸ˜† Either way...this is where I don't get this moon curse thing...it was morning the next day so it can't be about the chand ki roshni - it must be about Markaat remembering "oh yeah, I have to possess Veer again!" because how else does he wake up hypnotised after a night of being normal?  When I saw the promo, I was honestly so annoyed that the writers had decided to pull an Angelus on us out of nowhere...I'm still not happy that their first time was 'tainted' in this way...but at least Bani knows something is wrong with Veer so she won't spend the next ep in too much pain at how Veeranshu maro-ed a palti on her. 

Issues I had: the editing. Why is it that they can spend a week filming but it seems they spend less than 30 seconds editing the ep? Veer's eyes are cheel in the promo, purple in the ep, wings in the promo, no wings in the ep, random weird cuts between the romantic dances...constant cuts to show the moon when you haven't clarified wth the moon has to do with anything...honestly, what do these editors spend their time doing? The less said about the choreography, the better. And what the hell is going on with Ballu, the cheels and Markaat, who the hell knows. Waste of a few scenes, IMO. Isse achcha they should have kept the whole thing focused on Vani - esp as it seems they won't be seen together much in tomorrow's ep. 

As I think I've said before, I'm not a Naagin fan, but I'm here solely for Vani. Anything else good is a bonus, but not a condition, and for me, Vani is the only thing that truly matters. So from that perspective, all the annoyances aside, I enjoyed the ep. 

I do wonder what is going with the Bani-Jay wedding - clearly she's not gonna be all "my husband was rude to me so I'll go marry this dude", so is it a plan of hers to bring Veer back to himself? It was telling that in the first scene, possessed!Veer was still as obsessive over Bani as normal Veer would be re: Jay. He said as much: you will never have her, as long as I am here. Maybe that's what Bani is banking on...but I'm suspecting that this is going to take longer than the next ep and may drag into next week 

I don't know why, but I'm feeling like this Markaat + Cheels vs Aadi Naagin + Veer track is going to be the end of the show...I know it's a finite series, has to end someday etc. etc. but personally I want to see Vani for as long as is humanly possible πŸ˜† abhi toh acche scenes aane shuru hi hue hai. I don't want to let go of them so soon!

As an aside, I will never again ask for more BTS from this show πŸ˜† this week was insane, and not in a good way. Now hopefully this skygirl nonsense ends before it begins in tomorrow's ep, and the Jay se shaadi ka maamla is also resolved, because otherwise next week is gonna be bonkersπŸ˜†

mineforever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Great review as always.

I dont know why but I prefer subtle scenes instead of in the face kind of scenes. Last week's was Bani calling for Veeranshu when she was half conscious.

Today's episode best scenes were when they sat and conversed with each other. The apology scene and Veer's dialogues about how he didnt know why he hurt her when he had always promised to protect her. Liked that this time Bani didnt retaliate or go firing on him, instead she was sitting alone and thinking about all that had happened and told him to enter only if his anger had cooled down. Typical biwi wali feels.

Then I liked shirt scene,mehendi scene .How cutely Bani showed his initial on mehendi to him. She has finally opened her heart to him. Veer was so touched seeing that.I think at that time he finally realised that Bani has accepted him. Now she is his, pura haq se. "Bani tum sirf meri ho". ❀️

I really wish they would have stuck with either one song or dil ibadat instrumental. I didnt feel any connect during any of the songs but as soon as they played dil ibadat,it was magic. Chemistry started oozing out. The date part which happened outside was really pheeka for me. It was mechanical. Enjoy hi nahi karne diya.No thehraav.

On a side note, Surbhi was looking so stunning in red saree that throughout their multiple song sequence I was looking at her only. 

Overall, I would rate episode high on their conversation and low on consummation. I hope they also show Bani waking up in Veer's arms/sleeping in his arms and Veer admiring her, somewhere in future episodes.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Vanilicious episode. The editing definitely could have been better. There wasn't a flow and too many songs but ill overlook them all. Sharad Surbhi were fantastic. I enjoyed it very much. 

Super happy that Bani figured out something is wrong with Veer. Hopefully, Ballu figures it out too. He’s too busy celebrating. In the recap, he does seem shocked. 

Let's see kal kya hota hai. 

RaniZelda thumbnail

Originally posted by: mineforever

Great review as always.

I dont know why but I prefer subtle scenes instead of in the face kind of scenes. Last week's was Bani calling for Veeranshu when she was half conscious.  

Today's episode best scenes were when they sat and conversed with each other. The apology scene and Veer's dialogues about how he didnt know why he hurt her when he had always promised to protect her. Liked that this time Bani didnt retaliate or go firing on him, instead she was sitting alone and thinking about all that had happened and told him to enter only if his anger had cooled down. Typical biwi wali feels.

Then I liked shirt scene,mehendi scene .How cutely Bani showed his initial on mehendi to him. She has finally opened her heart to him. Veer was so touched seeing that.I think at that time he finally realised that Bani has accepted him. Now she is his, pura haq se. "Bani tum sirf meri ho". ❀️

I really wish they would have stuck with either one song or dil ibadat instrumental. I didnt feel any connect during any of the songs but as soon as they played dil ibadat,it was magic. Chemistry started oozing out. The date part which happened outside was really pheeka for me. It was mechanical. Enjoy hi nahi karne diya.No thehraav.

On a side note, Surbhi was looking so stunning in red saree that throughout their multiple song sequence I was looking at her only. 

Overall, I would rate episode high on their conversation and low on consummation. I hope they also show Bani waking up in Veer's arms/sleeping in his arms and Veer admiring her, somewhere in future episodes.

I'm the same - I prefer the subtle moments too, and what I loved most about the SR was not the dancing or even the consummation itself, but the conversation they had beforehand. So often in these scenes you just see the romance and the dance and the "behek jaana" of the leads, but here it felt intentional, because they were talking about their relationship beforehand, reminding each other of how much they love each other. The moves they made towards each felt intentional and wanted, on both sides (which is also why I'm not that bothered by this happening "so soon" in the relationship. Bani has been in love with Veer for a while even if she hasn't expressed it verbally...and I do feel that actions do speak louder than words. All her efforts in the last few eps have shown the love and care she has for him, and it's only natural that a married couple who have those feelings for each other would take this step, whether it's their 'first official date' or not πŸ˜†). I think Sharad and Surbhi did really well conveying both that initial hesitation and the realisation that they were ready to take that step. Veer didn't back away like he normally would, and Bani also didn't shy away like she may have done before. They were both in this together, which made it all the lovelier. 

@bold: I would love to see this too 

Edited by RaniZelda - 3 years ago
mineforever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniZelda

I'm the same - I prefer the subtle moments too, and what I loved most about the SR was not the dancing or even the consummation itself, but the conversation they had beforehand. So often in these scenes you just see the romance and the dance and the "behek jaana" of the leads, but here it felt intentional, because they were talking about their relationship beforehand, reminding each other of how much they love each other. The moves they made towards each felt intentional and wanted, on both sides (which is also why I'm not that bothered by this happening "so soon" in the relationship. Bani has been in love with Veer for a while even if she hasn't expressed it verbally...and I do feel that actions do speak louder than words. All her efforts in the last few eps have shown the love and care she has for him, and it's only natural that a married couple who have those feelings for each other would take this step, whether it's their 'first official date' or not πŸ˜†). I think Sharad and Surbhi did really well conveying both that initial hesitation and the realisation that they were ready to take that step. Veer didn't back away like he normally would, and Bani also didn't shy away like she may have done before. They were both in this together, which made it all the lovelier. 

@bold: I would love to see this too 

True. Small things make huge difference in a scene; may it be Veer wearing her ring, her calling for him in unconscious state, his holding her hand during that fight scene with markat in cave , him asking if she will not have tea. I love when he calls her "gharwali","sweetheart".

Veer has never pushed her when she firmly denied to do anything as she had never accepted. He only slightly showed haq when he saw that she was slowly reaching a point where she herself seeked his support and was starting to accept him, like how she stopped him from leaving her during that episode when she dreamt about being surrounded by huge waves and he asked her to change clothes.

Sharbhi were amazing. They have so much chemistry that even their photos scorch the screenπŸ˜ƒ

Though  would have liked that if the consummation would have happened after some more progression from Bani's side but theek hai, koi nahi.

Edited by mineforever - 3 years ago
wizardofoz2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Episode dekh khe promo pe aur bhi gussa aaya mere ko. Promo was super misleading. So chandni is one more trap by markaat to separate veer and bani. But this time bani reads veers behavior correctly and got whiff of something being wrong with her husband. I want an emotional i love you from bani to veer when she brings him out of this. I feel they could use the gandhak patthar at this point.

Loved the episode and sharbhi today. No words for their scenes. Ekta really needs to cast them in some alt balaji show together. They dont deserve the crap they get on tv. Episode was so so so romantic and the consummation was done aesthetically without it being vulgar.

Edited by wizardofoz2 - 3 years ago
RaniZelda thumbnail

Originally posted by: mineforever

True. Small things make huge difference in a scene; may it be Veer wearing her ring, her calling for him in unconscious state, his holding her hand during that fight scene with markat in cave , him asking if she will not have tea. I love when he calls her "gharwali","sweetheart".

Veer has never pushed her when she firmly denied to do anything as she had never accepted. He only slightly showed haq when he saw that she was slowly reaching a point where she herself seeked his support and was starting to accept him, like how she stopped him from leaving her during that episode when she dreamt about being surrounded by huge waves and he asked her to change clothes.

Sharbhi were amazing. They have so much chemistry that even their photos scorch the screenπŸ˜ƒ

Though  would have liked that if the consummation would have happened after some more progression from Bani's side but theek hai, koi nahi.

@bold - yes, exactly. I love when he calls her gharwali/sweetheart too. It doesn't come off as cheesy, and even though the sweetheart thing started off as an annoyance for Bani, I bet she now loves it and couldn't live without it 

@red - I was not that bothered about the progression on her side, but I do wish it had happened without this stupid hypnosis rubbish hanging over them. I don't know why they felt they needed the extra drama of him rejecting her the next day...they could have figured out another way for her to realise he was under some spell/magic. I've made peace with it (mostly), but honestly it grates the more I think about it. 

Speaking of progression tho, I love how much things have changed for Bani as far as Veer is concerned. There was a time when she hated him touching her, to the point it would give her palpitations almost. And here she was, happily touching and kissing him back and freely giving her love to him. Obviously they wouldn't have shown the SR if she wasn't in love with him, regardless of her verbalising it or not (this is ITV, women still mostly do not have sex outside of love), but it's still nice to see how far she's come. 

RaniZelda thumbnail

Originally posted by: wizardofoz2

Episode dekh khe promo pe aur bhi gussa aaya mere ko. Promo was super misleading. So chandni is one more trap by markaat to separate veer and bani. But this time bani reads veers behavior correctly and got whiff of something being wrong with her husband. I want an emotional i love you from bani to veer when she brings him out of this. I feel they could use the gandhak patthar at this point.

Loved the episode and sharbhi today. No words for their scenes. Ekta really needs to cast them in some alt balaji show together. They dont deserve the crap they get on tv. Episode was so so so romantic and the consummation was done aesthetically without it being vulgar.

Word on @bold. I need SharBhi on some uber romantic, intense web series. But I also kind of want it to be Veeranshu and Bani, minus the Naagin-ness obvs πŸ˜†. I love the character of Veer and his intense and undying love for Bani. I want that explored with better writing and more romantic feels. Alas, that is unlikely to ever happen πŸ˜­

Humes22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

On a side note was watching Naagin 5 on colours and in the UK it really annoys me they never play the music. It’s that annoying instrumental we get that just kills the mood eurgh. πŸ˜‘ Colourless go do one. Every other show they are blasting bollywood music left right and centre. And they used for N5 as well. 

RaniZelda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Humes22

On a side note was watching Naagin 5 on colours and in the UK it really annoys me they never play the music. It’s that annoying instrumental we get that just kills the mood eurgh. πŸ˜‘ Colourless go do one. Every other show they are blasting bollywood music left right and centre. And they used for N5 as well. 

IDK what that's about - Voot does it too, completely takes out the feeling and intensity of Dil Ibaadat and replaces it with some generic la-la-la crap. They used to leave it in in the past, so why this sudden change? Surely the production house can pay for the song's license if that's the issue...

Random: but did this whole date thing happen the same night as Tapeera's engagement wala drama? Because wow, that was an eventful night πŸ€£