P&P Part II - Page 24

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Errrantnomad

Did you watch that Australia kailasa forward? 😆That's a great entertainer. Basically Garuda is Indonesian airlines and I'm informed by an ardent follower of Swamy 'Nutty'ananada that  NZ has a couple of islands and It's pp is ranked high on travel freedom index. This guy is too smart for his own good. 

No Kalpana

I must be living under a rock, what is the whole thing all about? i have no idea. Clue me in

Swamy Nityananda Nisha. He made his escape and claims to have set up a new country. Was underground for a while. He has named the new country Kailasha claims to have its own economy and its own currency. Now he has surfaced announcing visa can be applied for a week , max stay up to 3 days and will transport people to kailasa at his cost through Garuda his airline . The requirement , come to Australia , your cost and then paramashiva will take care of the rest . 

He's a stress buster .☺️

Originally posted by Errrantnomad

Did you watch that Australia kailasa forward? 😆That's a great entertainer. Basically Garuda is Indonesian airlines and I'm informed by an ardent follower of Swamy 'Nutty'ananada that  NZ has a couple of islands and It's pp is ranked high on travel freedom index. This guy is too smart for his own good. 

Wow .. that’s Aus forward cracked me up and wrote that comment. He literally lives under a rock - his country, visa, currency. Joker ! But knows to get attention 

Originally posted by Nisha0604

No Kalpana

I must be living under a rock, what is the whole thing all about? i have no idea. Clue me in

Just google him (Swami Nityananda), Nisha. U will laugh crazy. Stress buster. 

Waitingggg... nisha mam

Pls update 2 lengthy ones

Fab India & Fantasy

The waiter brought bottled and sparkling water

Smrita encouraged her to order from the menu, Viveka ordered a coffee

The waiter brought plates and guided them to the snack buffet, which looked like a wedding spread

“I don’t eat sugar. Its so bad for you. If you could stop eating one thing. You should give up sugar” smriti advised

“Ufff” Viveka sighed audibly

“Oh I love sugar, I am going to take my chances” she chuckled pushing up her glasses

Viveka helped herself to 3 sweet things and and a couple of savory things

Smrita helped herself to some crackers and cheese

“Have you tried contacts?” “You don’t have to keep pushing your glasses up the bridge”

“Is there such an invention” Viveka wanted to ask

But kept it polite “I love my glasses”

“Most people in academic field wear glasses. Itna padh lete hain” she sounded exhausted

“Hahaha U can say that” Viveka laughed huskily

“Were you really sick?”

“Yeah for almost a week”

“Raanav has not been in town so”

Viveka never expected to be coddled so that comment was unnecessary

“Thank u for making time” Smrita carefully observed her eat, to her chagrin, Viveka used the fork very deftly to breakup the brownie

“they make great coffee here” Smrita raised her mug

“I like it too” Viveka smiled pleasantly

“What do you do in your free time” Smrita gently swept up the foam from her upper lip

“I don’t have much… I am waiting to hear or I shud say waitlisted for PhD at IIT Kharagpur, I frequently write in journals that will let me do that (chuckle) I help Ma around the house, I watch movies or read books, or grade tests” 

“Your mother is not able to do much”

“Oh God!! Pleez pleez pleez, let it be true, let her be handicapped in SOME WAY. I promise you I will dial down my cattiness” Smrita threw a prayer up in the air

“Oh no, she is I mean she works, she is in the running to be a Program Director at an Engg. Company”

“Oh? Ur Mom works too?” smriti tried to be flippant

“Umm.. yeah”

“They’ve been to your home?” Viveka looked confused

“Oh yeah… Or maybe I cant remember” Smrita laughed like champagne glasses again

“Are you going to be leaving Delhi soon?” Smrita asked casually

“I was hoping to, I really really loved the IIT’s program structure”

“Oh”

Viveka began to explain the details, she took a good 20 minutes to talk about what excited her

Smrita could barely manage a “uh” “umm” “Ohh” “Really” “Nice”

She had no idea about the subject neither did she love reading, nor was she educated

Satyen had paid for grooming schools in Paris and UK so Smrita could fool anyone but when it came to real meaty conversation she had nothing to offer

“It links directly to the work with crafts people” Viveka finished

“Do you like fashion?” Smrita wanted to change the subject

“Oh yeah totally… I love handloom and hand spun and hand knit things, I usually buy from art cooperatives and self employed womens’ NGOs

“there we go again!” Smrita thought “No match here either

“You don’t care for brand names?”

“Umm.. Fab India?” Viveka nodded proudly

“WHAT did Satya see in her?” Smrita sighed in her head

“Do you want to ask me anything?” Smrita offered like a recruiter

“Umm… actually… I don’t know”

“Go ahead don’t be shy” Smrita tried to put on her best condescending face

“Umm.. maybe you can tell me what you do?”

“ME?” “U want to know?”

“Hmm”

“Umm.. Oh I do too many things”

Smrita listed 25 things, between charities she was in the committees , to high profile celeb clubs and “young women self confidence leagues”

“You know young women these days they don’t know how to dress how to talk, how to conduct themselves”

“Oh?”

“Oh yeah”

“K…”

“I mean the people we know and the people we are friends with are not regular folks. I help their daughters feel good about themselves, you know, raise their self esteem”

“That’s wonderful”

“Yeah… the mothers of young men are looking for well groomed, stylish, fashionistas, and connoisseurs of food and travel, be able to speak with the media, give tours of the homes, put events together, going to college and getting an education gives you nothing” Smrita summarily dismissed ALL of Viveka’s 13 years of studies

“Wow” Viveka nodded amused

“I mean these young women will eventually bear the children and the names of these scions you know”

“I get that… oh yeah” Viveka nodded

“They cant just be any body… right?” Smrita gently inserted her disapproval

FINALLY! “IT CAME” Viveka leaned back and exhaled

“I totally agree” Viveka sipped her excellent coffee

“they go out during the day when husbands are at work, they easily end up spending Rs.5 or Rs.10 lakhs you know”

“Everything helps the GDP” Viveka nodded with a poker face

Smrita had no idea what GDP meant, off the bat, she usually got a “refresher” just before Power Engineers & Technology’s earnings release every year (she didn’t bother giving statements to the media after quarterly earnings 12)

“It’s a huge responsibility” Smrita’s expression was grim she proceeded to explain for the next 20 minutes about the “important roles” women in high society play

“Plus I bet it helps them manage their own careers”

“AREY They DON’T need a career” “they study to stay busy, I mean study undergrad”

“Oh”

“Well of course one of our… I should say she is MY best friend, Mrs Pooja Rawal, have you heard? They own a chain of hospitals?”

“Yeah” (basically skin lightening and botox and other such cosmetic stuff)

“Their daughter Annika Rawal is a plastic surgeon, she doesn’t need to practice”

Viveka sighed

Smrita had no understanding of why women choose to work

“What I am trying to say is, you know it’s a different league” Smrita leaned back and smiled

“Raanav is so busy, I was surprised he found time for you” she smiled and giggled the usual way

“He drives up to see me at JNU when he is in town” “he is is a rare person u know, both my boys are. Too focused too successful no wonder they are stuff fantasies are made off” She did a demeaning wave toward Viveka

“That is funny” viveka was genuine amused Smrita would speak in such hyperbole

“Oh I am not joking, Raanu my younger one used to be a model… I mean he gave it up after Satya my husband pulled him into this annoying fiber optic thing”

“U think modeling was a better career trajectory?” Viveka muttered trying not to smile

“I mean… think about it, nobody can give him that much popularity

Viveka was dumbfounded

This woman was choosing a ditzy career for her smart son because he could be a center spread

Holy cow!!

“Do you.. I mean?” “U”

“Yeah Mrs Parashar I am in love with him” Viveka spoke softly, blushing a deep red☺️

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago

Uff!! No Ranaav in this. Is he going to drop by to check on Veev?  

Gosh.....I thought there would be some redeeming thoughts in Smrita’s head but alas, none to be found.  Has she found a similar such girl for Rakshit??  Poor guy.  

Wow, being a model is better career than a lawyer.😲  🤪

Have been having issues with my browser and unable to use the Like button nor post replies ! Reached out to Jas and and have partially sorted it out, yet to figure out the basic issue...Thanks Jas !!

I watched an episode of a Netflix series...Bollywood wives.... Smrita has totally stepped out of that episode..Shallow, frivolous self absorbed women with no standing of their own, resting on their husbands' laurels and giving gyaan to the world !!

With this episode, I so completely give up on Smrita and have not even a 1 % hope that she is going to come around. All she has is a raw silk blouse on her back, her husband's bank balance and the honour of being a college drop out!!  She is envious of Anu to the core and boy ! she needs to be...no comparison at any level

Veev...please seriously consider your options and figure out how to move forward...Raanav might be optimistic about the future but if Veev and her family are going to constantly be on a knife's edge with Smrita and her airs, it is a long bleak future we see ahead

Shall we let Dadi loose on Smrita and get her to give a few set downs ?? very tempting !

I literally am in the room in every update, chewing my fingernails, shaking my head in disbelief, itching to give my own set downs to Dadi and Smrita and cheering Anu and Akash on !! 

Great writing Nisha...been following you for five years now and you have never let us down with every  character of yours so well created and firmly etched in our minds !

Smrita listed 25 things, between charities she was in the committees , to high profile celeb clubs and “young women self confidence leagues”

“You know young women these days they don’t know how to dress how to talk, how to conduct themselves”

Whether we concur or don't concur with this, grooming has become an industry in itself. Smrita might not really know or care for GDP but when Haute couture,  products and service also finds itself as a component in the calculation of GDP, she's a huge contributor to GDP. 

That dialogue of vadivel comes to my mind now. Oorula mukka vasi Peru ipidi dhaan naatu nilavaram theriyama thaan thiriyarununga.... 🤣Majority population are very limited intellectually and are far too consumed with their routines, their bread and butter hassles to care about the country's economy. 

May be Dadi, or a Diya or a Naina even , whether you have a paying job or not , might not appear knowledgeable ... well read in knowing what's GDP in its real sense and why economists are obsessed with it. Avanavanukku oorula mukkiamana vera prachai ellam irikuppa.😆

But Dadi surely knows she has three four properties that earn her kiraya, rent and perhaps even grooms for her grand daughters. Smart?!!☺️😳

I wouldn't want to be entirely dismissive of how valuable smrita is to Satyen as in coming across as being a Trophy wife because in someway or the other she has been by his side networking and hobnobbing with people who matter to Satyen all these years. I would like to give the benefit of doubt to smritas of the world who feel the pressure too in their own ways. Most of the deals don't get done across a work table. They are conveniently negotiated outside of work spaces. Charity appearances, print media mentions, home tours, imaging , high profile wine and dine -.... ooh!!!!. Only attention to details get hashed , the I's dotted and T's crossed , across a work table by guys like Raanav. If Raanav is an important cog in the wheel, smrita in some way is too. She's not paid for it though, she's just gently nudged to take these courses as is she were part of employee Mgmt prgm that has the corporates identifying staff resources and paying for their while on the job mba's .

Fashion or glamourous grooming Per se is synonymous for its shallowness and is subject to flaky ridicule. I watched Devil wears Prada and Miranda priestly brilliantly played by Streep and that movie gave me my 101 in trying to understand the world of fashion and modeling. So organically we have a smrita parashar being dismissive and snooty of Fab India as a fashion brand. I don't even mind that she puts modeling ahead of fiber optics legal career for her son Raanav. Nor do I mind she goads veev on her fashion sense. She finds those subject matters interesting and jobs/ career  over rated and that's fine IMO. 

Smrita's problem is not that she is not intellectual or that she's far too consumed with appearances but my grouse with her is she is nearly delusional  to falsely believe that other things or other people are of no relevance to her if the veevs and Anubhas of the world don't align themselves to her world.  Her problem is she's as diabolical as the character played by Streep with her excessive demands and berating/ humiliating treatment of people whom she considers are beneath her. That's what not acceptable IMO.

Jaane do.... never mind... the MOST PLEASING TAKE AWAY for me is this. Veev completely sure of herself states  to smrita that she's in love with her son and marked her territory . Mwah Mwah!!❤️🥳

Sorry really long one folks. Bear with me please. Ongina kai nikkala as my parents say.... couldn't stop the raising hand. 

Edited by Errrantnomad - 3 years ago