P&P Part II - Page 18

Posted: 3 years ago

I hope Naina has the maturity to understand Viveka’s position.  If Naina truly loved Inder and he had promised to marry her, then we can sympathize and empathize and cry with her.  But it feels like both were playing around with each other.  Dragging Viveka into their mess is not fair. 

I am happy that Viveka made her unhappiness clear to Raanav.  He should realize what is sauce for the goose is sauce for gander.  If he can have a bad impression of Naina with out checking himself the same can be Vivekas’s position wrt smritha.  

This will truly be the turning point in the story....

Smrita has decided that the likes of Veev can never be counted in as a Parashar and will always be beneath her touch....though she seems to realise which side of her bread is buttered when she gets Satyen riled up

Satyen is enamoured by having Veev as a DIL...beauty and super brains , making her the ultimate match for Raanav ...and he saw this way before Raanav did himself

Akash is thrilled for Veev, but also concerned though he does not voice it as much as Anubha...who is an antithesis to all that Smrita is, and can see the pitfalls and chasms ahead for everyone, not just the young couple

Naina who is unable to get beyond being petty and raining on her sister’s happiness. She would be so much happier if Veev was unhappy too...and that too because of  Raanav

Raanav who is now shown as the one with ‘true prejudice’ and flexes the rules in his head to suit him. He is precariously poised with Veev as she could easily choose her family’s happiness over theirs !!

And finally Veev.....she is walking the knife’s edge. She sees every person around her being affected by her choices ...and would begin questioning that very decision. I see her taking a step back and looking at the whole scenario with a new perspective 

Interesting times ahead...as heady as both of them being together is, the reality, the trauma and the hurt that is around the corner is inevitable!!

As always, Kudos to your tackling the story so beautifully Nisha 👏👏

Things are not getting any easier. Its a mess all around. At least Naina is talking. She is still sulking somewhat but at least talking. So far she took Viveka's feelings lightly. Now she sees how deeply entrenched she is.

Crores of  Reeti Rivaz

Her mother was avoiding her awkwardly after the Sunday lunch. Satyen was calling her everyday to check on her. She got a cold around Wed nite Thurs morning and lay curled up in bed. Bua had a big party at her place for the Asthanas on Saturday, the wedding was in two months. Viveka could not go since she was running a fever.

Akash and Anubha talked about how to push forward with the strangest wedding planning exercise

Viveka was adamant she did not want a designer wedding

Satyen had left it to them. Smrita probably wanted the wedding splashed on all front pages

Mathurs clearly couldn’t afford such a wedding.

Asthanas were arranging a destination wedding in Mauritius for Harsha and Varsha

The Asthanas wanted to pay for upto 200 on the boys side

Kamalji was only going to foot the bill for 25, reluctantly

Savi Bua was eager and nosy and curious about where Viveka is getting married, Akash let her have it as politely as possible

“200 crore to hain nahi, na hi 20 crore hain Savi”

“arey bhayya… aap to bua maan gayE”

Mazaak nahi sach mein”

“Bhayya main Kamalji se baat karoon?”

“Taaqi main unse Rs.25 crore loon, kab lautaoonga unko?” Akash was stunned

“Pehli bitiya ki shaadi hai bhai”

“That’s fine… who apne society ke club house mein karna chahti hai

“KYAAAA?” savi bua dropped her expensive china plate the help began gathering the pieces

He had stopped by to pick up his drama queen mother, she was still harassing Viveka despite Viveka’s ill health

Raanav had called Viveka Thursday and when she didn’t answer he got Akash’s number and called him

Akash wasn’t prepared to receive his SIL’s call

He told him she was down with a severe cold and flu

“Has she been to the Doc?” he asked worried

Akash chuckled “Cold ke liye kaun jaata hai” he laughed

Raanav was not happy

“If she hasa  fever?”

“Have you had a cold and a fever?” Akash was more amused now

“I have… but I always see a Doc” he said firmly

“Chaliye aapki Khushi ke liye dikha dete hain”

“I am returning a day early

“Great… aap ghar aao” “Umm..” Akash hesitated to use the word beta tho Satyen used beta for Viveka quite freely

“Sure”

And he took Akash’s words seriously and showed up around 6 PM on Saturday evening

Naina opened the door dressed quite provocatively in some fusion dress

Anubha was fixing her hair after a quick spat with her Mil over “what is appropriate day for Viveka’s roka and why MIL NEEDS to visit the Parashars to explain the reeti rivaz of Mathur family

Anubha pretty vocally dissuaded MIL from making any such attempts to visit Parashar residence

This whole wedding thing was a clown show

Anubha and Akash did not know where to begin, there was no formal meet and greet, no lively back and forth like Asthanas had

They did not have the heart to share all their worries with Viveka, but they clearly would have been happier if she had chosen some middle class guy

This was out of their league and out of their mental abilities in so many ways

As the Shrivastav wedding drew closer comparisons were bound to happen naturally and Dadi was triggering more of them willfully by provoking all and sundry

Naina did not greet him, he nodded somewhat politely at her and entered looking around for people

Dadi was yelping as Karuna was braiding her hair

Dadu was grunting and practicing his cast free walk with a walking stick

Viveka had been up for 3 hours and was resting now

Akash was buttoning up his kurta, he wandered outside to see his would be SIL

“Aa jao… bet… please come… aa jao”

Raanav was not heavy but he filled the room, tall and elegantly dressed

In jeans in a white shirt with thick blue stripes and a blue converse on his feet

“Kab aaye?”

“This morning”

Anu walked out with pins between her lips

“Oh? Umm… please sit” she urged

“How is Viveka?”

“So rahi hai shaayad”

Akash said carelessly

“can I see her please?”

Akash and Anubha glanced at each other in movie slow motion, Raanav had taken his shoes off and waited

“Umm.. Anu… aap le jao?”

“Let me check” anu was protective for a daughter

She didn’t want Viveka’s clothes to be in a disarray

She gently peeked the room was dark

Dadu stepped out of the way after giving the “Parashar kid” an approving smile “Milne aaye ho? Chinta ho gayi?” he laughed

Raanav followed Anubha

“Veev beta?” Anu whispered

Anu hit the night light

Viveka lay on her back with her arm thrown over her eyes

“Veev…  honey” She gently touched her now cool arm

“Dekho kaun aaya hai?”

“hello Viveka” he said politely

She sat up startled… with a big irritated “UFFFFF” peering through bare eyes

Unable to focus clearly

“It was the Parashar kid!!!!”☺️

And he took Akash’s words seriously and showed up around 6 PM on Saturday evening

🤣

Oh Nisha ... u absolutely can’t stop here. Want to see if it is a showdown or welcome back fiancé scenario 

Aaah don’t leave us hanging....one more update please!!

I am thrilled that neither Aakash nor Anu are running around to make it a big wedding.  They are just on hold waiting for the other shoe to drop.  The other shoe just came back to town in high urgency to see his lady 🤣. 

Also no one has really seen Viveka and Raanav interacting together except for the fights.  I am looking forward to the parents getting a load of their chemistry. ☺️

Suitcase full of free ka gyan🤣

“What is he doing here?” she asked her Ma groggily

Anu had to smile, how could she not?

“You should ask him” she checked Viveka’s forehead

“Khaogi kuch?”

“Nahi”

She pulled up her gorgeous  cotton kaftan edges up close

She peered at him with confused eyes

“Why is it so dark in here?” she growled inaudibly, her voice completely gone from all the coughing

“Do you want to see him?” Anu asked nervously

She chuckled at her Mom

“Can I turn on the light?” he offered

“Thanks” she whispered hoarsely

“Hum log abhi nikal rahe hain” Anu explained

“Ma…. Don’t go” Viveka grabbed her hand fearfully

“Betaaa” Anu was confused

She  turned to look at her daughter’s flushed face

“Why are u here?” she asked crinkling her eyes and then looked at her mother

“Veev!!” Anu shushed her

“I texted you two days in a row your Dad said you were sick”

“You came to check on me?” she clamped a hand over her mouth embarrassed

He nodded slowly smiling

“Did you come from the airport?”

“No”

“Did you bring your suitcase?” she insisted

“I can go get it” he muttered mischievously enjoying her delirium

“Do you want to sit? U can grab her chair… under the desk?” Anu pointed to the spot by the balcony door, miffed her gorgeous SIL was mocking her sweet daughter

“I am fine” he shrugged hands in his pockets

“Let me get you water”

Anu pulled her hand from her daughter’s grip

“Maaaa” Viveka begged

“I will be right back” Anu left, trying not to smile “Maa… don’t go, don’t leave me with HIM” she bleated hoarsely

“Hi” Raanav approached her

“what do you want?” she demanded accusingly clutching her kaftan

He began to laugh softly

“the door is open, just so you know”

“Bummer!” he glanced at it mischievously

She was clearly disoriented

Akash tried not to look as he turned to go to his room, passing down the hallway

Anu had a smile on her face as she poured out juice and water for Viveka

“Kyon aaya hai?”

“she probably owed him money” she whispered

He was not amused but Anu began laughing anyway

“can I sit?” Raanav asked politely

“I am SICK” she jumped and moved scooting from his reach

He sat down and stretched his legs straight, linking them at the ankles

Hands still in his pocket

He looked amazing… but blurry

“You’ve lost weight”

She peered again “Tum dekhkar bata sakte ho?” “KAISE?”

“Just a gift I guess” he whispered ready to ravish her

“Mere glasses kidhar hain?” she demanded

He got up looked everywhere… on her desk, night stand, her dresser, the overflowing book shelves

He found them between the two sets of pillows, he reached over her to grab them

“I told you I was sick” she stiffened

Her voice was completely gone

She went into a bout of coughing

Anu returned with the bevy

“What will you have?” she asked when she found him inches from her daughter on HER BED

Viveka wore her glasses and the neural network in her brain formed a connection instantly like someone flipped a switch

“Hi” she whispered

“Hi! There”

“Beta living room mein aaogey?” Anu asked fearfully

Dadi was home, if she saw the “ladka” almost ready to ravish the “Dulhan” everyone was going to be dead. Oh no!

As if on cue, Dadi waddled out of the room

“Kaun ladka aaya hai?” “Biveka ke kamre mein?” Dadi stared myopically at Viveka’s bed from the hallway

“Umm.. friend hai, Amma” Anu said politely not revealing who he was

“Abhi iska byah honey waala hai, uske bed pe kyon baitha hai?” she peered without her glasses “Ladki ko bas honey waala pati haath laga sakta hai who bhi bas sagai ke baad” Dadi handed free ka gyaan and went to the bathroom

Raanav turned to Anu trying to hide his irritation

He wanted alone time with Viveka

He didn’t care she had a cough and she had lost her voice completely

He wanted to be here

“I don’t want to Ma” Viveka leaned back

“she can be here” raanav nodded

“Aapse nahi poochha maine” Anu wanted to say

She set the tray on Viveka’s messy study desk and walked out

“Are you cold?” he asked Viveka

“A little”

“Can u shut the door please?” he asked Anu

“NO… NO… NO” Viveka was jumpy

“Umm..” Anu left not knowing what to do

“how was your trip?” Viveka asked softly

“Why are you sick?” he growled

Thank you Nisha!!!  🤣 Delirious Viveka is hilarious!  

“Why are you here?” 😆

While I am bugged w Dadi, the free ka gyan is hilarous!

I am glad Anubha is getting a taste of the chemistry☺️ she won’t be surprised when Raanav does a runner w Viveka 😆

Ok guys, please don't hate me, but I'm kind of irritated with Raanav right now. He's being a little selfish here. I really liked the fact that he has been outright about his feelings and thoughts, but a little sensitivity won't hurt. He doesn't like Naina, alright, but he can't be so cold towards everyone else in the family. 

I feel so bad for Anu. she's trying really hard, dealing with people of such different temperaments.